Quote Originally Posted by Twospirits View Post
There is nothing further I can add to this discussion for I feel enough evidence has been given which shows that God did not endorse or condone forced slavery, but set up laws to abolish slavery had the Israelites obeyed him when they entered the Promised Land. If others wish to continue discussing this with Richard and Rose that would be fine. I will close my discussion on this with God's Word saying: "And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex (mistreat) him. (But) the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born (native) among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God" (Lev. 19:33-34).

These words don't sound to me like a God who endorses and condones forced slavery.

Nice chatting

God bless---Twospirits
Henry,

I can understand your frustration, but please, GET REAL! You wrote a HUGE long post dealing with everything except the issue of forced slavery, and then you simply declared that you had dealt with that issue when in fact you had not touched it. And now you claim again that you have given evidence when in fact you have not. If you are satisfied with this, so be it. But don't fool yourself into thinking that you have actually answered the real issues. That was my complaint in your original post where you went on and on about "voluntary" slavery which is mostly irrelevant to the issue at hand. And like I said then, so I will repeat, that long post served only to obscure the real issue. That seemed to be its purpose. You have not dealt with the issue of perpeptual slavery which went on for generations, with children being born into it. You have not refuted all my refutations of your arguments.

As for the command to love sojourners - how does that the relate to God's command to murder all the people that were living in the promised land, let alone his endorsement of forced slavery?

All the best,

Richard