Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread

Dr. Walter J. Veith

Greetings to all,

If you are a Christian, you will probably be thrilled as I was with this man's personal life story. The first video was made in 1996, I believe, and the second one is more recent. The first one goes into much more detail (such as demonic attacks on his family) and he isn't as polished as a speaker as in his later videos, but it is still rewarding and amazing! The second one is actually 1 of 2 videos and you may prefer the format more. They are long videos, but I would be very surprised if a Christian didn't think they were worth the time. He is a SDA, but that should not deter anyone from hearing his testimony

You can read a short bio on him here. http://rekindlingthereformation.com/RTR-AboutVeith.html

"Professor Walter Veith obtained his doctorate in zoology from the University of Cape Town in 1979. He believes that the theory of evolution does not provide a plausible explanation of our origins, but rather that the geological and paleontological data implies Catastrophism. He lectures internationally on this topic and has undertaken extensive tours to Europe, Africa and North America. As a former evolutionist, and having taught evolution at the tertiary level for many years, Professor Veith is well qualified to venture into the minefield of the current debate regarding the issue of evolution versus creation. Having served as Professor of Zoology, he is also well-versed with the heated nature of the debate, and, having sat on both sides of this fence, he can speak from experience to the issue. " more at the link

This is the source page of the videos. http://amazingdiscoveries.tv/c/22/Walter%20Veith/

He has hours and hours of videos (on demand) covering science, health, prophecy, doctrine, Jesuits, Freemasonry, etc

His video on the KJV vs the other versions got me to re-evaluating my own usage of the NIV. My wife and I had memorized chapters and chapters in the NIV. At one time, I had the books of James and 2 Peter memorized and had planned on memorizing most of the book of Romans. My wife had memorized at least the 1st 7 ch of Rev, 1st 2 ch of Genesis, and all sorts of psalms and chs in Isaiah, etc. That was back in the 90's. We sure need to get back into that, but now I think I may stick to the KJV.

http://amazingdiscoveries.tv/media/1...of-the-bibles/

Blessings,
    Steve
    Last edited by Ps 27:1; 03-04-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Ps 19:14 (NIV)

Greetings bakatcha Steve!

Thanks so much for the videos as i was looking for something of this nature to re-investigate several of the issues you mention the good doctor covers.

As far as the KJV goes, to date it is not the most accurate of translations, though it has stood the test of time as a standard of authorization. There is also the problem of 15th century English not meaning hardly the same thing as modern vernacular.

If you are looking for greater accuracy written in current vernacular, check out the CSB --(Holman) Christian Standard Bible. It was just published in 2010. This is the best by far available today...and comes as an excellent study Bible chock full of resources. (This is the one that is given to the children (who do read scripture) on both sides of our family...and all their parents have since switched to the same.)

is a link that gives you access to it, as well as other potential word for word translations and dynamic equivalents available:

Another version that lends itself to greater accuracy than the KJV with current English usage, which is considered here to be second to the HCSB is the ESV.

If familiarity with scripture and it's language is not forte', the KJV is indispensible as so much of the study material available is written for this version...

...there may be something that is not known here re:KJV, and so those videos will be watched to see your point. For years as a child, the KJV/Thompson Chain Reference Bible was used and familiarized me with the scriptures as a whole as well as much background data relative to context.

Hoping this helps a bit in considerations for choosing a certain rendition and/or associative study resources.

There is nothing like meditating on memorized scripture though. No reading or study of the Bible will ever come close to revealing you as much and more than reading and study combined... and it changes us from the inside, as well recreating everything outside ourselves into a prosperity few come to understand the why and how.
    (Ps. 1/Ps. 119).

Yeshua Ha'Maschiach bah!
    Mara' Natha: baruch shalom chesed midat hadin.

Timmy
    Last edited by Timmy; 03-04-2012 at 06:39 PM.
    The mind grows by taking in
    :Mesiras Nefesh:
    THE HEART GROWS BY GIVING OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Greetings bakatcha Steve!

Thanks so much for the videos as i was looking for something of this nature to re-investigate several of the issues you mention the good doctor covers.

As far as the KJV goes, to date it is not the most accurate of translations, though it has stood the test of time as a standard of authorization. There is also the problem of 15th century English not meaning hardly the same thing as modern vernacular.

If you are looking for greater accuracy written in current vernacular, check out the CSB --(Holman) Christian Standard Bible. It was just published in 2010. This is the best by far available today...and comes as an excellent study Bible chock full of resources. (This is the one that is given to the children (who do read scripture) on both sides of our family...and all their parents have since switched to the same.)

is a link that gives you access to it, as well as other potential word for word translations and dynamic equivalents available:

Another version that lends itself to greater accuracy than the KJV with current English usage, which is considered here to be second to the HCSB is the ESV.

Timmy
    Hi Timmy,

I just got done viewing the first video again I first saw it yesterday. His testimony is so amazing. As far as the KJV, I actually went to the church, while we were on furlough in the 60's, that was pastored by David Otis Fuller, whom he quotes in several places. I was somewhat aware of the different greek texts used, but his argument that older doesn't necessarily mean better, made me take another look. I still like reading the NIV (so much easier than 17th century English), but I also want accuracy as well. Do those other versions use TR greek? I guess I can look that up myself.

You will enjoy his videos on the law and Sabbath. His evolution/creation videos are chock full of data that present problems for evolutionists.

Blessings,
    Steve
    May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Ps 19:14 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Ps 27:1 View Post
    Hi Timmy,

I just got done viewing the first video again I first saw it yesterday. His testimony is so amazing. As far as the KJV, I actually went to the church, while we were on furlough in the 60's, that was pastored by David Otis Fuller, whom he quotes in several places. I was somewhat aware of the different greek texts used, but his argument that older doesn't necessarily mean better, made me take another look. I still like reading the NIV (so much easier than 17th century English), but I also want accuracy as well. Do those other versions use TR greek? I guess I can look that up myself.

You will enjoy his videos on the law and Sabbath. His evolution/creation videos are chock full of data that present problems for evolutionists.

Blessings,
    Steve
    Hi again Steve.

This may be disappointing, however neither the HCSB nor the ESV use the TR. In accordance with the statement that older does not neccesarily mean better, newer means beware. Having checked through more than 50 different NT translations, there are few newer translations measuring up, or superior in important aspects, than the A.V. (known also as the KJV).

The mss used in developing the HCSB NT are more comprehensive and specific to majority congruity:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nestle-Aland_Text

Though the ESV uses Hort-Wescott, in the subtext notes, it reveals words, phrases, and passages not found in the ms. used for this NT rendering.

Although the TR has been proven inaccurate and added to in a verse from Mt 28, Mk 16 is questionable, Jn end of 7-8, a verse in I Jn 5, and possibly some of Revelation 22 (which still has not been ascertained for sure) it is FTMP trustworthy NTL. If it is the TR you prefer, suggested is the work of one scholar specifically: Jay P. Greene, Sr. who has done quite excellent work with the "KJVII" or (better by far) "A Literal Translation of the Bible."

Taking the evolution issue down to it's core, you have to believe either in a superior sentient some One or dirt being the creator of all that exists. Cataclysm is self-evident in the order of the universe and anyone who argues that things are evolving is going against the actual course of nature and the proof of science.

i have a book citing and proving well over 60 errors in the fundamental evolutionary models and proofs, written by scientists who had the nerve to investigate theoretical assumptions further than just blind-faith acceptance of evolutionary theory. i am not about to get into it either.
    (People want to believe in evolution to think they can absolve themselves of responsibility for their own actions against their own best interest within the framework of God's design...Q.E.D...and then there are those who think they have some feral authorization to somehow rationalize proof that God could be wrong...proclaiming themselves wise, they became fools...)

Currently i am proceeding through the "Total Onslaught Miniseries" from the VP of a once inseider outside observing just who who is capable to peer in beyond the specularium normz. This finished, i'll head back to the evolution and KJV stuff, but my dear wife has just heard way too much of that from yours truly to hold any interest for more than a passing minute. (These will have to be watched when i am on my own for a bit...but the Law vidz will definitely be gone through.

Thanks again and blessings bakatcha 2!

Timmy
    Last edited by Timmy; 03-04-2012 at 09:45 PM.

The Seal and Sign of God's Commandments

Hi Timmy,

I just got done viewing the first video again I first saw it yesterday. His testimony is so amazing.

Hi again again Steve!

Can ya' tell there is just a bit of excitement here?

Yes, that video first posted is a most amazing revealing of how God entered Dr. Veith's life.

You will enjoy his videos on the law and Sabbath...

Blessings,
    Steve
    Though there was clear awareness already concerning the beast, antichrist, and God's mitzvot relative to these things, in Walter's video "The Crime Of The Ages," Dr. Veith brings all this together so simply, detailing to everyone clearly what this entails. i cannot thank you enough for starting this thread.

For anyone interested in gaining a clearer picture of these end times and their relation to God's will and ways, here is the video mentioned above:

Sincerely,

Timmy

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Hi again again Steve!

Can ya' tell there is just a bit of excitement here?

Yes, that video first posted is a most amazing revealing of how God entered Dr. Veith's life.
    Greetings Timmy!

Yeah, I think I struck the mother lode I had seen 1 or 2 videos of his before, probably someone's link to youtube; but did not know until this last sabbath that he was previously an atheistic evolutionist. I spent most of my sabbath watching videos from their library. I've been so impressed by his candor, humility, and wisdom. I can relate to the guy who interviewed him in the second video. If you check out his other interviews, you will find out that the interviewer, Bruce Jenkins (who I think was also previously an evolutionist), had experienced betrayal in the SDA church and was upset with the apostacy he was encountering. He had not been in the church for 2 or 3 years. I thought Dr. Veith's responses to him were very wise and of course, biblical. It was good for me to hear it, because my wife and I have had similar issues and have considered leaving that denom. It's just that I don't know where else to go. I've tried a Messianic congregation locally, but it's hard for me to get used to the different style (lots of Hebrew )of worship and I think their view of hell is like typical Baptists (I could be wrong, but one member gave me that impression).

One of the reasons I quit going to the SDA church was because of their interpretation of the 70 weeks in Daniel meaning an end to God's dealing with literal Israel. I've always believed that God wasn't done with them yet (Rom 11). Last year, I had gone to a small SDA church that was just around the corner from us. Well, that sabbath, the preacher, a former Baptist preacher, was talking about how God still had some plans for the nation of Israel

Just what I needed to hear. To make a long story, short, I decided to get rebaptized within a week or two. Then in a sabbath school class, someone was talking about how God had finished dealing with Israel and my old feelings started to crawl back I talked to one of the elders and tried to show him from Romans 11 that God was not done with Israel and how I disagreed with their interpretation. I asked him for my sake to study it carefully and he did. Regrettably, he didn't change his mind. I told him that I was going to worship with the Messianics because that was probably the only way I was going to get my wife going back to church with me.

Though there was clear awareness already concerning the beast, antichrist, and God's mitzvot relative to these things, in Walter's video "The Crime Of The Ages," Dr. Veith brings all this together so simply, detailing to everyone clearly what this entails. i cannot thank you enough for starting this thread.

For anyone interested in gaining a clearer picture of these end times and their relation to God's will and ways, here is the video mentioned above:
    I'm just glad I was led to the website. It looks to be fairly new. I had watched a different video on the sabbath (some of them overlap), but I also watched the one you linked and I agree; he explains things very well. One of the things that has always been hard for me to swallow, is the belief that Sunday will become the mark of the beast. I pretty much put it on the back burner during our early years as Adventists (80's - 90's). I still find it incredulous, but it does fit the bible and the way things are going in the world with Iran, Israel, New Age movement, it is becoming more and more plausible. All it would take is one big crisis (war and/or total economic collapse) and all the false religions coming together to appease an "angry God", hence the Sunday laws.

His Islamic Connection video has a lot of good stuff in it as well. http://amazingdiscoveries.tv/media/1...ic-connection/ Some of it I was already aware of. Did you know the Kaaba stone in Mecca is exactly 666 nautical miles from the temple mount?! I found that out from reading this book. http://www.amazon.com/Temple-Center-.../dp/B006JT8DQO You can verify it yourself on google earth. That book also corroborates what Dr. Veith says about Rome, etc.

I'm going to check out their health videos http://amazingdiscoveries.tv/c/93/Re...ind%20Disease/ because I know I need to get back into shape. At the time my wife and I joined the SDA church (early 80's) my Dad was having heart problems. He tried to talk me out of the church and one of his arguments was against Ellen White. He didn't see how God could use her to bring truth to the church. But the sad irony is that if he would have accepted the health message of the SDA church, he might not have died of a heart attack in 2001 and could be alive today with my mom, visiting their children, grandchildren, and greatgranchildren. BTW, my dad didn't let my mom drive until she was in her 40's, I believe. Today, at 86, she drives all over the eastern US visiting family and has been a tremendous blessing to me and others, family and friends.

Blessings to you, Timmy, dear brother in our Lord,
    Steve
    Last edited by Ps 27:1; 03-05-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Greetings to all,

If you are a Christian, you will probably be thrilled as I was with this man's personal life story. The first video was made in 1996, I believe, and the second one is more recent. The first one goes into much more detail (such as demonic attacks on his family) and he isn't as polished as a speaker as in his later videos, but it is still rewarding and amazing! The second one is actually 1 of 2 videos and you may prefer the format more. They are long videos, but I would be very surprised if a Christian didn't think they were worth the time. He is a SDA, but that should not deter anyone from hearing his testimony

You can read a short bio on him here. http://rekindlingthereformation.com/RTR-AboutVeith.html

Blessings,
    Steve
    Hi Steve

Thanks for posting this! You gotta love God's servants. Just when the evolutionists think they have a corner on the market, God simply draws one of their own into His Kingdom. I think we all appreciate the honesty of a man who is willing to buck the establishment in his search for truth.

I've grown quite found of the SDAs based on their good works and outreach ministries to the poor. They have a good programing lineup on their "Hope Channel" TV Ministry also. The Hope Sabbath School hour from Forest Lake Church is a really good bible teaching class. I don't view them as "legalists" but rather see them as honoring God through obedience to His commandments. What's wrong with that? They appear to Honor God on their Saturday moreso than many Christians do on Sunday.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you that this is a good post introducing a very knowledgeable speaker!

Blessing to you Steve!

John

Thread Information