Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Seven Days in Utopia

Just rented and saw the video. I'm not much of a golfer fan, but there wasn't anything else in the redbox that I wanted to see. I thought I was going to be bored and mainly rented it so my wife would have something to watch tonight. Well, I was pleasantly surprised and actually enjoyed it. I want to hear what other people have to say about it before I share my comments.

For those into gematria, notice the population of Utopia at 51 seconds. The movie is about more than golf and winning.

Steve
    Last edited by Ps 27:1; 03-02-2012 at 09:37 AM.
    May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Ps 19:14 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Ps 27:1 View Post
    Just rented and saw the video. I'm not much of a golpher fan, but there wasn't anything else in the redbox that I wanted to see. I thought I was going to be bored and mainly rented it so my wife would have something to watch tonight. Well, I was pleasantly surprised and actually enjoyed it. I want to hear what other people have to say about it before I share my comments.

For those into gematria, notice the population of Utopia at 51 seconds. The movie is about more than golf and winning.

Steve
    Hi Steve,

My mother-in-law visited about 2 weeks ago and brought it with her. We all liked it very much and glad she brought it. She always seems to bring us a good movie. Especially liked how Robert Duval set up object lessons for this young man. Also, liked how Robert Duval wanted him to have a passion for life and living. The young man was too worried about failing and did not view life as an adventure. He saw life only as success or failure. Those were his only two measurements and he was missing the joy of living. He learned in Utopia that life is meant to be enjoyed.

All the best,
    Rick
    Last edited by heb13-13; 03-01-2012 at 10:11 PM.

There is no other book like the Bible in the world where you have to know the Author to understand the book. If Christianity were the religion of the Book then it would be no different than any other religion in the world. But, Christianity is Christ! It is the dynamic, personal Spirit of God functioning in man.

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your comments. If you go to rottentomatoes.com , you will see the critics rating at 12%, but the public rating at 71%. That usually tells me it's a good wholesome movie.

I thought there were several good messages in the movie. What you said and also the problem with putting people, including ourselves, on a pedestal. The ending to the movie was an interesting twist. I obviously went to my laptop immediately after the movie.

Steve
    May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Ps 19:14 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Ps 27:1 View Post
    Hi Rick,

Thanks for your comments. If you go to rottentomatoes.com , you will see the critics rating at 12%, but the public rating at 71%. That usually tells me it's a good wholesome movie.

I thought there were several good messages in the movie. What you said and also the problem with putting people, including ourselves, on a pedestal. The ending to the movie was an interesting twist. I obviously went to my laptop immediately after the movie.

Steve
    That's funny. I went to my laptop, too.

There is no other book like the Bible in the world where you have to know the Author to understand the book. If Christianity were the religion of the Book then it would be no different than any other religion in the world. But, Christianity is Christ! It is the dynamic, personal Spirit of God functioning in man.

Quote Originally Posted by heb13-13 View Post
    That's funny. I went to my laptop, too.
    What a clever way to share the gospel in a less intimidating way.

I haven't seen this movie but I heard a lot of good reviews about it.Even worth watching it a lot of times ,says a friend.

Thread Information