Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Not from this world...from the other side

Japan will built a space elevator by 2050

Hi all,

Is the New Jerusalem's literal 12,000 stadia height by width by length impossible?...think again!

Revelation 21:16
    The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia in length, and as wide and high as it is long.

http://gizmodo.com/5887210/japan-wil...evator-by-2050

Japan Will Have a Space Elevator by 2050
    It might the stuff of science fiction dreams, but a Japanese construction company has announced that it will have built a working space elevator by 2050. Where can I join the queue?

According to the The Daily Yomiuri, construction company Obayashi Corp has announced it will have built a space elevator capable of shuttling passengers 36,000 kilometers above the Earth by 2050.

The company plans to use carbon nanontubes, which are 20 times stronger than steel, to produce the cables required for the elevator. Those cables will be stretched to a counterweight 96,000 kilometers above our planet, about one-fourth of the distance between the Earth and the moon.

The terminal station, 36,000 kilometers above Earth, will be reached by cars that can carry 30 people and travel at 200 kilometers per hour. An Obayashi official said:

God Blessings, Peace, and Grace to all
    Last edited by CWH; 02-22-2012 at 07:21 AM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Now they are planning for a space elevator to the moon! Is this the first step to colonizing the moon?

Now on Kickstarter: The First Steps Toward a Lunar Space Elevator

Space Elevator Concept LiftPort Group
    There's only one it's-the-future-why-don't-we-have-x trope that rivals the flying car, and that's the space elevator. (First proposed in 1895, it might even predate it.) The idea of a giant tower that can carry us from Earth to outer space is legend, and it probably will be for a long time. But a company has successfully Kickstarted what they say is their first step to building one on the Moon.

At $8,000, the project from LiftPort Group wasn't going to get us an elevator right away, even if as of writing the team has raised more than $15,000. Instead it's funding an early, related project: sending a robot two kilometers up via a cable and building a test platform of high-altitude balloons that are tethered to the ground. It's not a stretch to think they'll able to reach that goal, since they pretty much already have. LiftPort Group went out of business in 2007, but before that the team made it only a quarter of a mile shy of that distance. This is more of a team rebuilding exercise.

The robot launch is sort of the precursor to the precursor: this could help with the Lunar Elevator, which in turn could help with the Earth Elevator. In the lunar version, a base component--a space capsule, basically--would be attached to a rocket and sent toward the Moon. When it got close enough, a cable would eject from the capsule and attach to the surface of the moon, allowing for transport between the surface and the capsule. Since a full connection between the Earth and the Moon is still decades away, it would work as a checkpoint: A rocket could be sent to the orbiting station and people or objects could be lowered to the Moon, similar to how the robot in the test project would travel.

LiftPort has offered a list of "stretch goals," additional projects to be completed if they raise more money. They go all the way up to $3 million, helping to fund their "feasibility study," which they're hoping to launch next year. After that gets done they can give a certain yes/no on whether the project is possible

God Blessed.
    Last edited by CWH; 08-28-2012 at 02:55 AM.
    Seek and You shall find,

Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Now they are planning for a space elevator to the moon! Is this the first step to colonizing the moon?

Now on Kickstarter: The First Steps Toward a Lunar Space Elevator

Space Elevator Concept LiftPort Group
    There's only one it's-the-future-why-don't-we-have-x trope that rivals the flying car, and that's the space elevator. (First proposed in 1895, it might even predate it.) The idea of a giant tower that can carry us from Earth to outer space is legend, and it probably will be for a long time. But a company has successfully Kickstarted what they say is their first step to building one on the Moon.

At $8,000, the project from LiftPort Group wasn't going to get us an elevator right away, even if as of writing the team has raised more than $15,000. Instead it's funding an early, related project: sending a robot two kilometers up via a cable and building a test platform of high-altitude balloons that are tethered to the ground. It's not a stretch to think they'll able to reach that goal, since they pretty much already have. LiftPort Group went out of business in 2007, but before that the team made it only a quarter of a mile shy of that distance. This is more of a team rebuilding exercise.

The robot launch is sort of the precursor to the precursor: this could help with the Lunar Elevator, which in turn could help with the Earth Elevator. In the lunar version, a base component--a space capsule, basically--would be attached to a rocket and sent toward the Moon. When it got close enough, a cable would eject from the capsule and attach to the surface of the moon, allowing for transport between the surface and the capsule. Since a full connection between the Earth and the Moon is still decades away, it would work as a checkpoint: A rocket could be sent to the orbiting station and people or objects could be lowered to the Moon, similar to how the robot in the test project would travel.

LiftPort has offered a list of "stretch goals," additional projects to be completed if they raise more money. They go all the way up to $3 million, helping to fund their "feasibility study," which they're hoping to launch next year. After that gets done they can give a certain yes/no on whether the project is possible

God Blessed.
    Hello Cheow

I watched a TV program recently in which Japan is also planning to build a skyscraper a kilometer or two in height to house 100,000 people. We know Japan is tight for land to build on, and this is seen a solution to their housing problem. The time involved and expense and risk of building such a massive structure has to be questioned. The space lift is mere wishful thinking and will never happen. There are those who will think the same as Evolutionists and say "anything is possible given time". With a lot of space debris floating around at high speed and ready to put a hole through any lift going to the moon or just to 36,000 kilometers above the earth, I would not use it until Space has been cleaned up.

It is all academic and will never happen, but as long as there are those who will dream that it might, it is helping to keep some people in jobs.

All the best.

David

Hi David,

I do agree with you that it may not be possible but who knows. Just like scientists in the 19th century said that atomic energy and heavier-than-air flight were impossible. I do envisage a space elevator from the moon towards the earth as it is much easier going against the lesser gravity of the moon than against the stronger gravity of the earth. That vision will most probably not happened in our lifetime. They will most probably start with a space elevator to a man-made orbiting space satellite first, then a natural asteroid before attempting that from the moon. Think of the hugh potential of this project if successful besides colonization but also mining, space exploration etc. The issue right now is, is it worth it when it is much easier and cheaper to invent a cheap commercial space flight to the moon. But what I wanted to prove here is that if building a space elevator several thousand miles up is not an impossibility then building the physical New Jerusalem 12,000 cubits high is also not an impossibility contrary to what some preterists here will want us to disbelieve.

May God Bless the future.
    Seek and You shall find,

Hi David,

I do agree with you that it may not be possible but who knows. Just like scientists in the 19th century said that atomic energy and heavier-than-air flight were impossible. I do envisage a space elevator from the moon towards the earth as it is much easier going against the lesser gravity of the moon than against the stronger gravity of the earth. That vision will most probably not happened in our lifetime. They will most probably start with a space elevator to a man-made orbiting space satellite first, then a natural asteroid before attempting that from the moon. Think of the hugh potential of this project if successful besides colonization but also mining, space exploration etc. The issue right now is, is it worth it when it is much easier and cheaper to invent a cheap commercial space flight to the moon. But what I wanted to prove here is that if building a space elevator several thousand miles up is not an impossibility then building the physical New Jerusalem 12,000 cubits high is also not an impossibility contrary to what some preterists here will want us to disbelieve.

May God Bless the future.
    Hello Cheow
    What is the measure of the cubit you are using in imperial or metric measurements? or how high do you reckon 12,000 cubits to be. According to the Japanese project to build the world's tallest building almost a mile high, it would be conceivable to have such a tall building. It was while watching the program the world's tallest building Taipei 101 was under construction so the program I was watching for the first time was quite old, so I do not know whether the Japanese project is still on the books or whether it has been dropped. Since then we have had the Japanese earthquake disaster and in 2010 the world's tallest building was unveiled in Dubai; Burj Khalifa

What would be the purpose of such a tall City as the New Jerusalem? Do you think the land will be so populated like Japan that all the saints will need to have a tall building to live in? If we see the New Jerusalem as a vision of a new city that will come, the vision and the cubic measurements of 12,000 on each side might just be a number signifying a divine number. After all, the New Jerusalem is said to descend and this signifies that this will come as a result of God bringing this about and not man.

While on the number of 12,000 what about the figure of 144,000 for the number of the elect saints; do you take this to be a literal number or a symbolic number using 12 x 12?

All the best.

David

Hello Cheow
    What is the measure of the cubit you are using in imperial or metric measurements? or how high do you reckon 12,000 cubits to be. According to the Japanese project to build the world's tallest building almost a mile high, it would be conceivable to have such a tall building. It was while watching the program the world's tallest building Taipei 101 was under construction so the program I was watching for the first time was quite old, so I do not know whether the Japanese project is still on the books or whether it has been dropped. Since then we have had the Japanese earthquake disaster and in 2010 the world's tallest building was unveiled in Dubai; Burj Khalifa
    Hi, David, sorry for the typo error, I mean, 12,000 stadia high which is about 1,400 miles high.

What would be the purpose of such a tall City as the New Jerusalem? Do you think the land will be so populated like Japan that all the saints will need to have a tall building to live in? If we see the New Jerusalem as a vision of a new city that will come, the vision and the cubic measurements of 12,000 on each side might just be a number signifying a divine number. After all, the New Jerusalem is said to descend and this signifies that this will come as a result of God bringing this about and not man.
    God will rovide this city call the New Jerusalem. There are many advantages of a very tall buildings reaching into space...limitless energy, easier space travel, air conditioning and lighting etc. The big space will be able to accommodate a few billion people including roads, farms and other necessary city infrastructures. Remember what Jesus said that those who gave up everything to follow him will receive 100 folds of land, houses, children etc. in the regeneration.

While on the number of 12,000 what about the figure of 144,000 for the number of the elect saints; do you take this to be a literal number or a symbolic number using 12 x 12?
    The numbers may be symbolic but they can also be literal. The 144,000 saved saints are the Jews belonging the 12 tribes of Israel, what about the non-Jews who are saved? Taking 144,000 Jews of the current estimated world population of Jews say 20 million, how many non-Jews will be saved out of a population of 7 billion?.....about 50 million. And how about all the people who have ever lived on earth that were saved?..... possibly a few billion. Remember, many are called but few will enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 7:13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

May God let us enters the narrow gate.
    Last edited by CWH; 08-28-2012 at 10:35 AM.
    Seek and You shall find,

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    It sure looks like symbolism to me! The Number 12 represents God's people (12 tribes, 12 apostles). Thus the City of God has 12 foundations with the names of the 12 apostles and 12 gates with the names of the 12 tribes. And it is a curious fact that the phrase "the elect" sums to 144 in Greek gematria ...
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Hi, David, sorry for the typo error, I mean, 12,000 stadia high which is about 1,400 miles high.
    Hello Cheow

A building 1,400 miles high would be completely unnecessary in my opinion. We get into space at a approximately 100 miles above the earth so this would put most of the building into outer space.

I think the figures are symbolic as much as the description of the city has a symbolic appearance. The only other thought I have has about it is if the city is very much smaller than we think such that the length and breadth of it are equal and the height refers to the actual height it is above the surrounding land. Therefore the city would be set up on a high hill or mountain corresponding to the height mentioned.

The reason for thinking in this way is the references in Isaiah and Micah that say; And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
    and Zec 3:8 3 Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain.

All the best

David

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    It sure looks like symbolism to me! The Number 12 represents God's people (12 tribes, 12 apostles). Thus the City of God has 12 foundations with the names of the 12 apostles and 12 gates with the names of the 12 tribes. And it is a curious fact that the phrase "the elect" sums to 144 in Greek gematria ...
    Thank you Richard. I can rely on you to come up with the facts and figures and Gematria values

David

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Thank you Richard. I can rely on you to come up with the facts and figures and Gematria values

David
    Well at least I'm good for something!

But seriously, I really do try to establish everything I assert on logic and facts. If something is just an interpretation or speculation, I'm the first to admit it.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information