Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

7,000 years is God's timescale to restore the earth.

In searching the forum for threads dealing with the principle of a day representing 1,000 years and vice versa, I have only found the following threads; ‘6 days of creation = 1000 years per day theory’ and ‘Thousand Years’. In these two threads I did not find mention the notion of a timescale lasting 7,000 years, so I thought it would be good to bring this subject to the discussion table.

Here are some Bible verses that have been quoted in the two threads mentioned.
    2Peter 3: 8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
    Psalm 90: 4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.
    Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Another thought which I saw already had been mentioned regarding 1 day = 1,000 years is that this might explain why the oldest man who ever lived Methuselah only lived to be 969 years and no one lived more than a 1,000 years fulfilling the statement made by God; (Gen 2:17) '..for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die'. It was within the day (1,000 years) that Adam died (932 years) and no one else lived beyond 1,000 years.

All that aside, I want to consider the 7,000 year time period for God to complete His work and to fulfil His purpose; Numbers 14:21 But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD.

At the end of the Creation, God said; (Genesis 1:31) And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good(perfect).
    Everything on the earth before the fall of Adam was very good(perfect). It was not good (perfect) after Adam and Eve sinned. God knew that this was going to happen and already had plan to redeem men and women. 'Knowing the end from the beginning' (Isaiah 46:10) God knew how he would redeem man which would involve Him providing an only begotten Son. This Son would not only be the means by which man's sin could be covered and man could be redeemed, His Son would also be instrumental is setting up God's Kingdom to the point where God's Glory once again fills the earth.

How long will it take God to restore the situation that once existed? How much longer will it take for the whole earth to show forth the Glory of the Lord?

The number 7 in the Bible is used to represent completeness. The Genesis story of Creation tells us in the simplest way how God created the earth and all living things. The work took 6 days (relative periods (day/night) to one another) and God rested on the 7th day. What next? Is there an 8th day? The number 8 in the Bible is represents new beginning. I see the new beginning taking place after Jesus has returned to the earth and set up the kingdom and restored the earth to it fullness; the last enemy sin and death will have been destroyed completely. We then enter an age of which we know nothing about except that those who are resurrected to immortal beings and given a place in the kingdom will live for eternity (world without end).

I was thinking about this when looking at Richard’s Bible Wheel. The wheel shows all the books of the Bible and the wheel has seven groupings; that by itself signifies completeness. The Bible is dealing with the period from Creation up to when God will create a new heaven and a new earth.

On the basis of what is taking place in the world now, what do you think the earth will be like in another two or three thousand years from now or indeed 10,000 years from now?

If we consider God is working to a timescale, we see that from Adam to Jesus is approximately 4,000 years. From Jesus to now (2012) is approximately 2,000 years and the Bible tells us that Jesus will reign 1,000 years before he hands the kingdom over to his Heavenly Father. That will complete the 7,000 years. So at this point (the start of the 8th day) will be the new beginning. However, this 8th day (period) is not another 1,000 years but instead is an infinite day which extends to eternity.

It is this complete picture of God taking 7,000 years to bring about His purpose for this earth to be filled with His Glory that I want us to consider.

I am looking for the return of Jesus imminently, because all the present 'signs of the times' and the fact that 6,000 years from Adam is nearly up. I expect the start of the 7th day (beginning of the 7th millennium ) very soon.

David
    Last edited by David M; 02-19-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Roger that, David M, though I see it somewhat differently..

The 3 dispensations of 2K, followed by a millenium - 3-score centuries and ten is good fit... 2 days to each period.

Name:  3eras.png
Views: 167
Size:  27.4 KB

http://www.cswnet.com/~duxrow/webdoc8.htm for "Six Days for Mankind"

Been awhile since this subject up front...
    Last edited by duxrow; 02-20-2012 at 12:08 PM.
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    I expect the start of the 7th day (beginning of the 7th millennium ) very soon.

Hi David,

You offer two aspects the first being a restored earth, which I would suggest is disputed both by the end-of the-Millenial-Kingdom rapture, (please find when the dead rise in Rev. 20), and the arrival of the New Jerusalem to which those who are alive and remain shall ascend. (Otherwise they'll need a whole bunch of space shuttles.)

Secondly, I would agree that the seven thousand year premise is as you anticipate. And where we cannot know the "day" nor the "hour", Scripture does provide the year, and we're about 6 1/2 years from the return of Christ. (Please be aware that Rev. 13:5 stipulates a 42 month Tribulation, and those who assert a 7 year Tribulation have mistakenly assigned Daniel's 70th week, -- which has absolutely nothing to do with the Tribulation.)

BibleScribe

Quote Originally Posted by BibleScribe View Post
    Hi David,
    where we cannot know the "day" nor the "hour", Scripture does provide the year, and we're about 6 1/2 years from the return of Christ. ...

This would seem most unbelievable. But unbelievable or not, the question is whether it can be substantiated.

In 1985 J.R. Church wrote a book titled "Hidden Prophecies in the Psalms" where he presents the concept that the Psalms is the 19th book of the Bible and the Chapters are prophetic for the 1900's Chapter for year. He argues that this 19th Book, Chapter 44 is prophetic for the Jews for the year 1944, -- the Holocaust. (Please note verses 11 & 22.) Also he argues that this 19th Book, Chapter 48 is prophetic for the year 1948, -- the nation of Israel. And so forth for each of the Chapters for the Jews.

So if one considered that Psalms 118 is the middle of the Bible, and Chapter 117 is the shortest and Chapter 119 is the longest, -- then one might conceive that Chapter 118 probably has some significance. And I propose that this Chapter, prophetic for the year 2018, is prophetic for the return of Christ.

BibleScribe

Hi David,

You offer two aspects the first being a restored earth, which I would suggest is disputed both by the end-of the-Millenial-Kingdom rapture, (please find when the dead rise in Rev. 20), and the arrival of the New Jerusalem to which those who are alive and remain shall ascend. (Otherwise they'll need a whole bunch of space shuttles.)

Secondly, I would agree that the seven thousand year premise is as you anticipate. And where we cannot know the "day" nor the "hour", Scripture does provide the year, and we're about 6 1/2 years from the return of Christ. (Please be aware that Rev. 13:5 stipulates a 42 month Tribulation, and those who assert a 7 year Tribulation have mistakenly assigned Daniel's 70th week, -- which has absolutely nothing to do with the Tribulation.)

BibleScribe
    Hi BibleScribe

It is good that we have some unity in this thread. I know we cannot be too accurate with dates. A question I would like to ask any one reading this; Has anyone come across the record of Isaac Newton that predicts the return of Christ in 2015? Isaac Newton is a well-known scientist and astronomer and was a keen Bible student. I think he is probably the first to have dated Adam and Eve to 40004 B.C. which others have now done. I would be interested to find out how Isaac Newton predicted 2015 as the year of Christ's return. It seems about right. Jesus could be back in the earth and Judgement taking place before he comes to Jerusalem and stands on Mount Olivet which will split in two. The typography of the area will change. After this is when we might expect the New Jerusalem to be built.

We have to be very careful understanding the symbollogy and figurative language of Revelation. The expression "coming down from God out of heaven" I take to mean that is something will be of heavenly origin; it will have God as its designer in the same wasy as God gave Moses the pattern of the tabernacle, the design came from God. The New Jerusalem will not be designed by man as so many temples and cities have been.

All Revelation tells me is that the New Jerusalem will be according to God's pattern. It might take a long time to construct, and will give a lot of people jobs to do.

David

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Roger that, David M, though I see it somewhat differently..

The 3 dispensations of 2K, followed by a millenium - 3-score centuries and ten is good fit... 2 days to each period.

Name:  3eras.png
Views: 167
Size:  27.4 KB

http://www.cswnet.com/~duxrow/webdoc8.htm for "Six Days for Mankind"

Been awhile since this subject up front...
    Hello Bob

I have also thought that there are three or four periods and different states of the law. I do not have a time line drawing and will list them out.

1. Before the flood, there was no law written down. Some law might have existed but is was a period in which all the people went corrupt and "everyone did that which was right in their own eyes". This might be said of later episodes as well. I do not see any written law for the people to follow

2. After the flood and up to the coming of Jesus, God's people were given a law that was written down and which they were to obey.

3. We have Jesus who fulfilled the law and summed them up in two great commandments. These two commandments get to the heart of what motivates us. In this period we have a leader who has set an example for us to follow. We do not have to follow the Old Law of Moses which was written down. Jesus has simplified the law for us

4. The next phase is when Jesus is back on the earth and he will rule from Jerusalem. Jesus will rule justly which no wordly government has done or can do. Jesus will rule in rigteousness whiich no other earthly leader has ever done. Jesus will show us a completely different form of government by which the earth will be ruled and restored.

Once the kingdom of God has been restored, there will not be any need for a written law or for a wordly government as such. The law will be written in people's hearts. There won't be the need for courts and judges and the like. It is difficult to say what it will be like in the kingdom, all I know and expect is that it will be far different to what we have seen in the past or have now.

"Six Days for Mankind"
    That's a good point. We have had 6,000 years of man's rule and look what man has done. The world will be shown by Jeus how the world should be ruled in the 1,000 years it will take to restore the kingdom.

David
    Last edited by David M; 02-20-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Hi BibleScribe

... The expression "coming down from God out of heaven" I take to mean that is something will be of heavenly origin; it will have God as its designer in the same wasy as God gave Moses the pattern of the tabernacle, the design came from God. The New Jerusalem will not be designed by man as so many temples and cities have been.

All Revelation tells me is that the New Jerusalem will be according to God's pattern. It might take a long time to construct, and will give a lot of people jobs to do.

David
    Hi David,

It seems that an incomplete picture is being formed due to incomplete information. As such, if one considered the "rapture" scenario, one might easily fall for the church tribulation-era teaching. However, Rev. 20 4-5 says the only ones returning to reign during the Millennial Kingdom are those martyred for refusing to worship the beast. So how does the church include itself in that event?

Furthermore Scripture says the dead rise first. But the martyred saints are the FIRST RESURRRECTION at the BEGINNING of the Millennial Kingdom. So once again, how does the christian dead rise and the living church rise in a Tribulation era, without THIS being the FIRST RESURRECTION?

So if there's no Tribulation rapture, then is there NO rapture?

Well, as already suggested, if at the end of the Millennial Kingdom there are those who are alive and remain on earth, these will ascend to be with the LORD forever in the air, -- exactly as Scripture depicts.

Secondly, in regards to Newton, I am unaware of any date setting by him. I would only suggest that if one used the Prophetic Psalms as described, one could arrive to a premise which seems substantive. And to take the evidence even further than previously provided, I might suggest that Psalms 45 is the ONLY Chapter which is not Jewish (I, me, us, we) centric. This chapter begins with: "you". And if one considered verse 4, where it speaks of "dread deeds" (plural), one might recall that it was the same nation whose men with stripes on their sleeves opened the Concentration Camp gates, that "taught" themselves the following plurals:

1a. Uranium
    1b. Plutonium

2a. Gun Assembled -- Little Boy
    2b. Implosion -- Fat Man

And remember, the "dread deeds" are not "dread" unless you use them:

3a. Hiroshima, August 6, 1945 -- Little Boy
    3b. Nagasaki, August 9, 1945 -- Fat Man

BibleScribe

Hi David,

It seems that an incomplete picture is being formed due to incomplete information. As such, if one considered the "rapture" scenario, one might easily fall for the church tribulation-era teaching. However, Rev. 20 4-5 says the only ones returning to reign during the Millennial Kingdom are those martyred for refusing to worship the beast. So how does the church include itself in that event?

Furthermore Scripture says the dead rise first. But the martyred saints are the FIRST RESURRRECTION at the BEGINNING of the Millennial Kingdom. So once again, how does the christian dead rise and the living church rise in a Tribulation era, without THIS being the FIRST RESURRECTION?

So if there's no Tribulation rapture, then is there NO rapture?

Well, as already suggested, if at the end of the Millennial Kingdom there are those who are alive and remain on earth, these will ascend to be with the LORD forever in the air, -- exactly as Scripture depicts.

Secondly, in regards to Newton, I am unaware of any date setting by him. I would only suggest that if one used the Prophetic Psalms as described, one could arrive to a premise which seems substantive. And to take the evidence even further than previously provided, I might suggest that Psalms 45 is the ONLY Chapter which is not Jewish (I, me, us, we) centric. This chapter begins with: "you". And if one considered verse 4, where it speaks of "dread deeds" (plural), one might recall that it was the same nation whose men with stripes on their sleeves opened the Concentration Camp gates, that "taught" themselves the following plurals:

1a. Uranium
    1b. Plutonium

2a. Gun Assembled -- Little Boy
    2b. Implosion -- Fat Man

And remember, the "dread deeds" are not "dread" unless you use them:

3a. Hiroshima, August 6, 1945 -- Little Boy
    3b. Nagasaki, August 9, 1945 -- Fat Man

BibleScribe

Thanks BibleScribe

I think Isaac Newton must have used a lot more of the prophecies of Daniel, Ezekial and Zecahriah to establish his date. I cannot remember now where I read that information that he forecast the return of Jesus in 2015.

Regarding the quote you have used: these will ascend to be with the LORD forever in the air, -- exactly as Scripture depicts This I take as 1 Thess 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

This is poetic language and therefore should not to be taken literally. Here is another example of figurative language
    Exodus 19:4 Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.
    Did God literally bare Israel on Eagles’ Wings? They would have been in the air if they had been.

Unless we rightly divide the word and understand the language of the Bible, then we shall have these differences of understanding. My view is that Jesus is coming back to earth, this is where the kingdom will be. God’s purpose is always centred on this earth.
    Matt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

This is the same return spoken of by the angels when Jesus was taken up from off the earth.

Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

I recently contributed to another thread and quoted a verse referring to the 3 times overthrowing of Jerusalem. Exekial 21:27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him. This is a prophecy taking place on earth and Jesus is the one whose throne will be set up in Jerusalem on the earth.

This is all in keeping with the promises given to the father of the nation of Israel, Abraham. Abraham is yet to receive his inheritance. His inheritance is the land of Israel and for the promise to be kept it means Abraham must be raised to life again and will be living on the earth. That is why I have to make sense of all figurative language that fits in with events taking place on the earth. If I can make sense of figurative language and see how it fits in with events taking place on the earth, all well and good.

David

Thanks BibleScribe
    This is poetic language and therefore should not to be taken literally. ...

Hi David,

If I might, the first rule to interpretation is "literal", then "allegorical", and then "spiritual". As such I am comfortable using the first rule.

Secondly, I would propose that the future which we'll live to see is probably more important than some event 1,000 years away. And if the Psalms is Prophetic as proposed, that we plan NOT according to the "7-year Tribulation" false teaching, but to the "42-month Tribulation" teaching give in Rev. 13:5. (Please note that the 7-year Tribulation teaching is based upon an errant interpretation of Daniel 9.)

Thus if one were to back-out the respective dates, starting with the ~Fall of 2018, (-42 months), we could anticipate the beginning of the Tribulation in ~Spring of 2015. And where Rev. 17 states that China will have it's pre-eminence for "a little while", one could expect a ~1 year~ duration which should begin in ~Spring of 2014.

Furthermore, where we expect that our ally Israel will attack Iran and the Mutual Defense Treaty with Russia will be activated, then armies mobilized and deployed, battles fought, China also mobilized and marches across the great Euphrates river, then Russia summarily defeated, that this will take ~ 1 1/2 years. Thus one might anticipate this attack in ~ Fall of 2012.

So here we sit, ~6 months from a conflict which will involve not only superpowers and significant nations, but also the use of nuclear weapons, and will ultimately lead to the U.N. being the one-world-government in which no one can buy or sell without taking an oath of allegiance and respective "mark". And this would seem to be the greater concern.

BibleScribe

Hi David,

If I might, the first rule to interpretation is "literal", then "allegorical", and then "spiritual". As such I am comfortable using the first rule.
    I know of no such rules. It is fairly obvious when something should be seen as literal and when something should be seen as figurative by the language used. If it is not obvious, then accept either way until sure and find other biblical passages to support your interpretation.

Secondly, I would propose that the future which we'll live to see is probably more important than some event 1,000 years away. And if the Psalms is Prophetic as proposed, that we plan NOT according to the "7-year Tribulation" false teaching, but to the "42-month Tribulation" teaching give in Rev. 13:5. (Please note that the 7-year Tribulation teaching is based upon an errant interpretation of Daniel 9.)
    I have recently responded to Richard and asked if he has seen any of David C Pack's videos explaining Daniel's prophecy and the symbolism of Revelation. I am working my way through them and up to now I am agreeing with what he is saying about events that could play out in the next few years. Here is the link to the website; http://worldtocome.org/player.html#!Subject=80 I do not agree with his teaching on the nature of Jesus or of the Devil and Satan, but on other subjects that others will disagree with I am in agreement with David C Pack. The videos on prophecy are worth watching.

Thus if one were to back-out the respective dates, starting with the ~Fall of 2018, (-42 months), we could anticipate the beginning of the Tribulation in ~Spring of 2015. And where Rev. 17 states that China will have it's pre-eminence for "a little while", one could expect a ~1 year~ duration which should begin in ~Spring of 2014
    I do not disagree with the dates your are talking about. Circumstances can change very quickly; a year or two from now could see great changes unfolding in the Middle East.

Furthermore, where we expect that our ally Israel will attack Iran and the Mutual Defense Treaty with Russia will be activated, then armies mobilized and deployed, battles fought, China also mobilized and marches across the great Euphrates river, then Russia summarily defeated, that this will take ~ 1 1/2 years. Thus one might anticipate this attack in ~ Fall of 2012
    I do not see it quite this way. Watch some of the David C Pack videos and see if you can agree with his interpretation of events. He holds similar views to others which I share at the moment

So here we sit, ~6 months from a conflict which will involve not only superpowers and significant nations, but also the use of nuclear weapons, and will ultimately lead to the U.N. being the one-world-government in which no one can buy or sell without taking an oath of allegiance and respective "mark". And this would seem to be the greater concern
    This is your understanding which I am not sure is correct, but it is good we are talking along similar lines.

David
    Last edited by David M; 02-21-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Thread Information