Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dawkin's Logic

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Hey there Bob,

Thanks for the encouraging words. The Bible Wheel remains the strongest evidence for the Bible that I know of. But that's obviously irrelevant since it is unknown to the vast majority of Christians so obviously God did not set it up as central to the salvation of anyone.
    The Bible is an amazing and rich book. I just have no reason to think it is the "inerrant and infallible Word of God." Do you?
    I think it is foolish to credit God as the author of the Bible but then not "blame" him for things found in it.
    Great chatting,
    Richard
    Maybe we'll learn someday of how 'inerrant' it is -- many of those are what I call 'stumbling blocks', designed by HIM to cause us to think and meditate on.
    I consider the Bible as an Instruction Manual, because we're in the devil's territory and God is showing us how to resist the sucker...
    The "god of this world" is the one who deserves the blame! He's just as active in Arizona and Florida as he is in Mayberry, but maybe Christians outnumber him? I dunno.
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Maybe we'll learn someday of how 'inerrant' it is -- many of those are what I call 'stumbling blocks', designed by HIM to cause us to think and meditate on.
    I consider the Bible as an Instruction Manual, because we're in the devil's territory and God is showing us how to resist the sucker...
    The "god of this world" is the one who deserves the blame! He's just as active in Arizona and Florida as he is in Mayberry, but maybe Christians outnumber him? I dunno.
    Yeah, but then why believe there is a "HIM" at all? Why believe in a "devil?" Everyone has their own interpretation, why don't you choose one that is best?

Toss out all the old ideas of a literal "devil" and heaven and helll and reinterpret everything as a guide book to universal love and cosmic consciousness.

Why not?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

People!!!

Get a clue! http://www.evolutionnews.org/2012/02...ins056371.html

It is not about whether Christianity is true or false, or whether evolution is true or false!

Richard Dawkins is on a "religious war" to make fools of Christians. That was the purpose of his "scientific survey". But he got trapped by his own words. So, for those of you who still don't "get it": Using Dawkin's own logic, he isn't very smart about evolution because he couldn't recite the title of his "bible".

For the last time. This video is not about which belief system is true. Get a clue!

Steve
    Last edited by Ps 27:1; 02-16-2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: changed their bible to his bible
    May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Ps 19:14 (NIV)

OK Ram, You stirred me to post about Lot's wife, because of the diff between physical and figurative and our "Confounded LANGUAGE" Gen 11:7, which includes many types of figures of speech.
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by Ps 27:1 View Post
    Richard Dawkins is on a "religious war" to make fools of Christians.
    We don't need Dawkins to "make fools of Christians." They are doing a fine job all by themselves.

http://scienceantiscience.blogspot.c...ist-ideas.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ps 27:1 View Post
    For the last time. This video is not about which belief system is true. Get a clue!

Steve
    The "video" is not "about" anything because it is a tiny fragment of a larger conversation.

Science is not a "belief system" like religions because science is based on verifiable facts whereas religion is just a bunch of unverifiable dogma. If you don't understand this, then you understand nothing of which you speak.

Maybe if you tried to use your brain instead of whacking it silly with the palm of your hand you would understand that your comment is meaningless.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

OK Ram, You stirred me to post about Lot's wife, because of the diff between physical and figurative and our "Confounded LANGUAGE" Gen 11:7, which includes many types of figures of speech.
    If our language is confounded, then how do you know that you properly understand the story of Babel?

Check out my blog site

That's easy -- I don't, but have faith that God knows what he's doing, and that he says things for a purpose. Have you noticed the many metaphors He uses to describe the Jews, the Saints, Jesus, Satan, etc.? The serpent in the Garden and the Lamb born 'to Rachel' are just tip of the iceberg.

That's easy -- I don't, but have faith that God knows what he's doing, and that he says things for a purpose. Have you noticed the many metaphors He uses to describe the Jews, the Saints, Jesus, Satan, etc.? The serpent in the Garden and the Lamb born 'to Rachel' are just tip of the iceberg.
    If your language is confounded, and you don't understand the Bible, why do you think it has anything to do with God?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information