Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: God Boss!

Cool God Boss!

Morning Charisma.. I was listening to Copeland and enjoying his sense of humor, but seeing how some would take it wrong and become his accuser. Reminds me how Rev12:10 calls that an act of the devil.

Reminded me of a time when then 4yr. old grandson was holding the refrigerator open and his Dad told him to shut it "because I said so". Alex resisted, saying "Why?" and his Dad said 'because I'm boss' and Alex said "Who made you boss?".
    For some strange reason my son responded that "GOD did", and the episode ended after Alex wanted to know "who made GOD Boss", and his Dad said "Ask your Mother".. ha

Isa12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. 12:3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Have a great day. /s/ dux
    And all the people went "to make great mirth, because they had understood the words that were declared unto them". Neh8:12

"The foolishness of God is wiser than men; the weakness of God is stronger than men". 1Cor1:25

Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Morning Charisma.. I was listening to Copeland and enjoying his sense of humor, but seeing how some would take it wrong and become his accuser. Reminds me how Rev12:10 calls that an act of the devil.

Reminded me of a time when then 4yr. old grandson was holding the refrigerator open and his Dad told him to shut it "because I said so". Alex resisted, saying "Why?" and his Dad said 'because I'm boss' and Alex said "Who made you boss?".
    For some strange reason my son responded that "GOD did", and the episode ended after Alex wanted to know "who made GOD Boss", and his Dad said "Ask your Mother".. ha

Isa12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. 12:3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Have a great day. /s/ dux
    Hi Dux, to suggest that anyone who calls out Copeland on par with the accuser of the Christians, the Devil, when all they are doing is showing what a fruitcake and deceiver and false teacher, and false prophet he and his minions are, tells me plenty. He does not preach the Jesus of the Bible, but an invented one, much like David and Toxon, and all the other Word-Faith deceivers, and occultists down through the ages. The Church has always had to expose and call out these charlatans.

Now you have Copeland linking up with the pope, the greatest deceiver of the Christian faith, the world has ever seen, and somehow you think I and others who expose this, are just like the devil, the accuser of the brethren.

By all means, enjoy the humour of Copeland. But remember, you also thought that Joel Osteen was a great teacher and didn't teach a modern watered down version of universalism, until you could see the proof in video. Try watching Justin Peters. He has lots of footage in video of what these false teachers have put out there.

Did you see the video of how when Copeland was responding to the pope in his congregation, they answered his call for unity, by everyone speaking in gibberish tongues. I think that many people that have been duped into thinking this is the gift of tongues, are so deceived on this, that they will buy into almost any madness perpetrated by these lunes and deceivers because, after all, "we all speak in tongues together".
    dp:

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15

Ugh, dp, about what I'd expect from someone who uses no Bible quotes and doesn't even give an ID or worldly location -- always referencing some 'preacher-teacher' with better? understanding.
    Not that I don't agree with some of them 'about some things', but don't we all make mistakes from time to time? (Left myself wide open, on that note..)

Sounds like you're opposed to 'Tongues', and am reminded how Falwell reportedly called them "of the devil".. I've heard Joel Osteen on many occasions and attest to his fine (even 'wonderful') message, so your report on some hidden agenda doesn't wash with me.

Gen11:7 "Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech".

You and Ram really make a pair. Watch your back--Rose may object..
    And all the people went "to make great mirth, because they had understood the words that were declared unto them". Neh8:12

"The foolishness of God is wiser than men; the weakness of God is stronger than men". 1Cor1:25

Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by dpenn View Post
    Hi Dux, to suggest that anyone who calls out Copeland on par with the accuser of the Christians, the Devil, when all they are doing is showing what a fruitcake and deceiver and false teacher, and false prophet he and his minions are, tells me plenty. He does not preach the Jesus of the Bible, but an invented one, much like David and Toxon, and all the other Word-Faith deceivers, and occultists down through the ages. The Church has always had to expose and call out these charlatans.

Now you have Copeland linking up with the pope, the greatest deceiver of the Christian faith, the world has ever seen, and somehow you think I and others who expose this, are just like the devil, the accuser of the brethren.

By all means, enjoy the humour of Copeland. But remember, you also thought that Joel Osteen was a great teacher and didn't teach a modern watered down version of universalism, until you could see the proof in video. Try watching Justin Peters. He has lots of footage in video of what these false teachers have put out there.

Did you see the video of how when Copeland was responding to the pope in his congregation, they answered his call for unity, by everyone speaking in gibberish tongues. I think that many people that have been duped into thinking this is the gift of tongues, are so deceived on this, that they will buy into almost any madness perpetrated by these lunes and deceivers because, after all, "we all speak in tongues together".

You are indeed a false accuser of the brethren and here you are doing it again when you have never proven anything said against your heresies to have been incorrect. In addition every time we get into a discussion you run and hide after being proven wrong by the Scripture. Then you run off somewhere else and start spreading false statements about others such as myself just as you have done here. You serve only yourself and your own conscience is your own accuser, the devil, even as Paul strongly suggests:

Romans 2:12-16 ASV
    For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without the law: and as many as have sinned under the law shall be judged by the law;
    for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified:
    14. (for when Gentiles that have not the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are the law unto themselves;
    15. in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness therewith, and their thoughts one with another accusing or else excusing them);
    in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men, according to my gospel, by Jesus Christ.

Romans 13:1-5 ASV
    1. Let every soul be in subjection to the higher powers: for there is no power but of God; and the powers that be are ordained of God.
    2. Therefore he that resisteth the power, withstandeth the ordinance of God: and they that withstand shall receive to themselves judgment.
    3. For rulers are not a terror to the good work, but to the evil. And wouldest thou have no fear of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise from the same:
    4. for he is a minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is a minister of God, an avenger for wrath to him that doeth evil.
    5. Wherefore ye must needs be in subjection, not only because of the wrath, but also for conscience' sake.

Hebrews 10:22 ASV
    22. let us draw near with a true heart in fulness of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience: and having our body washed with pure water,

1 Timothy 1:18-20 ASV

18. This charge I commit unto thee, my child Timothy, according to the prophecies which led the way to thee, that by them thou mayest war the good warfare;
    19. holding faith and a good conscience; which some having thrust from them made shipwreck concerning the faith:
    20. of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I delivered unto Satan, that they might be taught not to blaspheme.

1 Timothy 4:1-2 ASV
    1. But the Spirit saith expressly, that in later times some shall fall away from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons,
    2. through the hypocrisy of men that speak lies, branded in their own conscience as with a hot iron;

Titus 1:12-16 ASV
    12. One of themselves, a prophet of their own, said, Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, idle gluttons.
    13. This testimony is true. For which cause reprove them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith,
    14. not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men who turn away from the truth.
    15. To the pure all things are pure: but to them that are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but both their mind and their conscience are defiled.
    16. They profess that they know God; but by their works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Yep, the reprobate whose mind and evil conscience is defiled to the point of having been seared as with a hot iron, (because the conscience is likened to a garment) always runs and hides every time the Scripture is presented to his face proving that his free grace only religion is based in fantasy atonement theory: and his conscience will be his adversary and accuser to the bitter end because he cannot escape the dirty deeds of his own defiled conscience.

Behold, a sower went forth to sow, and in his hand was a toxon-bow . . .

Quote Originally Posted by toxon View Post
    You are indeed a false accuser of the brethren and here you are doing it again when you have never proven anything said against your heresies to have been incorrect.
    Hi Toxon, I was merely referring to the false jesus of the Word-Faith movement, being similar in many ways to the jesus of you and David. I didn't say everything they teach is the same as you. But their jesus is not the Jesus of the Bible.
    dp:

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Ugh, dp, about what I'd expect from someone who uses no Bible quotes and doesn't even give an ID or worldly location -- always referencing some 'preacher-teacher' with better? understanding.
    Not that I don't agree with some of them 'about some things', but don't we all make mistakes from time to time? (Left myself wide open, on that note..)

Sounds like you're opposed to 'Tongues', and am reminded how Falwell reportedly called them "of the devil".. I've heard Joel Osteen on many occasions and attest to his fine (even 'wonderful') message, so your report on some hidden agenda doesn't wash with me.

Gen11:7 "Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech".

You and Ram really make a pair. Watch your back--Rose may object..
    Dux, I believe that there is a valid gift of tongues, one, whereby a Christian is given the ability to speak in an unlearned tongue, which, if in existence, must be at the most by two or three in a service, and only if there is a gift of interpretation present. Unfortunately, most of the Charismatic and Pentecostal tongues are gibberish, whereby they are tricked into thinking they are speaking in tongues. And even then, they don't exercise their gibberish like the Bible tells them, because they all love to sing together in gibberish, or group gibberish together without even an attempted gibberish interpretation.

I don't blame the Holy Spirit for the gibberish going on in His Name.

Just like Mary has never been to Lourdes or Fatima or Guadaloupe, or any other apparition of her on earth, so the Holy Spirit has not been in any of these gibberish pseudo-tongues. If there was ever an occurrence where a person was given the miraculous power and ability to speak the Gospel to another person in another language, my heart would be filled with praise and appreciation for the real gift of tongues.

For you to say that I don't quote Scripture, you are either intentionally not telling the truth, or you have never followed the many posts I have made at the BWF. And Richard disagrees with me and my Gospel every bit as much as he disagrees with anyone else's Christianity. If we agree on some obvious errors in the Charismatic movement, it is simply because they are just that, obvious errors.

I will say that if you are in support of Kenneth Copeland and Joel Osteen, you are in support of another gospel.
    dp:

Hi Toxon, I was merely referring to the false jesus of the Word-Faith movement, being similar in many ways to the jesus of you and David. I didn't say everything they teach is the same as you. But their jesus is not the Jesus of the Bible.
    Dux, I believe that there is a valid gift of tongues, one, whereby a Christian is given the ability to speak in an unlearned tongue, which, if in existence, must be at the most by two or three in a service, and only if there is a gift of interpretation present. Unfortunately, most of the Charismatic and Pentecostal tongues are gibberish, whereby they are tricked into thinking they are speaking in tongues. And even then, they don't exercise their gibberish like the Bible tells them, because they all love to sing together in gibberish, or group gibberish together without even an attempted gibberish interpretation.

I don't blame the Holy Spirit for the gibberish going on in His Name.

Just like Mary has never been to Lourdes or Fatima or Guadaloupe, or any other apparition of her on earth, so the Holy Spirit has not been in any of these gibberish pseudo-tongues. If there was ever an occurrence where a person was given the miraculous power and ability to speak the Gospel to another person in another language, my heart would be filled with praise and appreciation for the real gift of tongues.

For you to say that I don't quote Scripture, you are either intentionally not telling the truth, or you have never followed the many posts I have made at the BWF. And Richard disagrees with me and my Gospel every bit as much as he disagrees with anyone else's Christianity. If we agree on some obvious errors in the Charismatic movement, it is simply because they are just that, obvious errors.

I will say that if you are in support of Kenneth Copeland and Joel Osteen, you are in support of another gospel.

Your own words betray the same general characteristics of most other cults. You claim to be the only one who decides what is "from God" and what is not; and this you do, as Duxrow says, without any Scripture to back up anything you say. And when you do actually quote Scripture it is usually a one liner ripped from its context that is easily proven to have been misappropriated by you when the whole context is actually quoted just as has already happened many times in these boards. You make yourself the judge of everyone else because you, your flesh, and your scapegoat twin are the only triune godhead you know and that is what your triune godhead tells you to do.

Hi dux,

I notice you've addressed the OP to me, so here are my comments. I have never listened to Kenneth Copeland, but I have encountered those who have been influenced by him. I believe he has a foreign mission interest which includes impressive practical help to those who receive it. That does not make his ministry sound, spiritually. God meets people in all kinds of situation, if they earnestly seek Him, regardless of the preacher's name or doctrine. BUT once a believer in Christ has received the Holy Spirit, a whole new set of expectations is upon them, and one of those is the love of the truth.

Regarding accusations, they will come from all quarters, including 'brethren', and should be expected all the more by those who really are living out God's call on their life. If a Christian is not getting right up the Adversary's nose, then is there any real evidence against him or her?

Added.

To suggest that those who know of the damage done by the false doctrines of certain named (previously) preachers somehow lines them up with the author of the false doctrines to which they are objecting, does seem somewhat hypersensitive. I have not checked KC out, personally, but something about his ministry has attracted consternation from those who have checked it out. Tell me, where is the cross in his doctrine? Is it an historic stepping stone to 'believers' having access to power to achieve personal happiness in this life, or does he speak of the necessity of being buried with Christ, so as to live as an entirely new creation, whose only values are the same as God's? If you can't see the difference between these two stances, then perhaps you are not in a position to judge whether criticism of KC is Biblically justified. Spiritual warfare is only useful if it leads to people being released from bondage, into a permanently closer relationship with the Father.
    Last edited by Charisma; 02-24-2015 at 02:27 PM.
    ~ Soldiers of Christ, arise! ~ Romans 7:4 + 6 Wherefore ye are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter. ~ Psalm 141:5 ~

Quote Originally Posted by Charisma View Post
    Hi dux,

I notice you've addressed the OP to me, so here are my comments. I have never listened to Kenneth Copeland, but I have encountered those who have been influenced by him. I believe he has a foreign mission interest which includes impressive practical help to those who receive it. That does not make his ministry sound, spiritually. God meets people in all kinds of situation, if they earnestly seek Him, regardless of the preacher's name or doctrine. BUT once a believer in Christ has received the Holy Spirit, a whole new set of expectations is upon them, and one of those is the love of the truth.

Regarding accusations, they will come from all quarters, including 'brethren', and should be expected all the more by those who really are living out God's call on their life. If a Christian is not getting right up the Adversary's nose, then is there any real evidence against them?

Same self-justification tactics used by Dpenn.
    Your conscience is your adversary and accuser, as shown above, but him you ignore.

A knotted ball of string

I do not think I have ever come across anyone like dpenn who believes all the myth, fantasy, and mis-interpretation of the Bible it is possible to do. Taking scripture at face value (which Richard will do when it suits his purpose) is not how scripture is intended to be read and understood. I have just listened to a talk on the 7 (why 7 - coincidence ?) parables of Jesus taliking of what the kingdom of Heaven is like. The total picture Jesus gives us is a picture of this present world leading up to the establishment of the Kingdom of God on earth. I expect dpenn is stuck at the level of not understanding the deeper meaning behind the parables.

No sense can be made of the Bible when everything is taken at face value. The alternative meanings of words have to be taken into account, otherwise we have our single definition of a word, which when we apply to every occurrence (the translators chose in the first place) we end up with a theology that does not make sense. As Judge Judy says; "If it does not make sense, it is not true".

dpenn's theology is like a knotted bundle of string, almost impossible to unravel. Should I waste my time trying to unravel his ball of knotted string? In the case of a totally knotted bundle of string, it is better to throw it all away and buy a new ball of string. dpenn will carry on keeping his dysfunctional ball of string by saying it is "ball of string". That I agree, but the string is useless when one comes to apply it. It is so entangled I do not know where to begin except find an end or beginning and work from there. I have just before this post written a post in the 'Jesus is not God' thread to say that one has to start at the beginning and the fundamentals. That way there might be some hope of unravelling the ball and taking out the knots.

David

Thread Information