Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

How many Gospels are there?

Since the subject of the gospel that Paul preached has come up in another thread, I thought the subject deserves a thread of its own.

How many Gospels are there and are they fundamentally the same? If there is only one Gospel, or there is one core of the Gospel that is common to several, what is the common core?

These are the 4 Gospels referred to as would be understood by Abraham, Paul, Jesus, God:

1. (Galatians 3:8) And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed

2. (Romans 2:16) In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. This is the Gospel preached by the Apostle Paul

3. (Matthew 4:23) And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, This is the gospel taught by Jesus
    (Mark 1:1) The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

4. (Rom 1:1) Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, God's gospel

There can be other gospels (good news) which is related to the overall gospel. Here are some examples.
    (Acts 28:24)But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
    (Romans 1:9) For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son,
    (Romans 1:16)For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ:
    (Romans 10:15) And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace,
    (Galatians 2:7) But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
    (Ephesians 1:13) In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation:

We are warned against "another" gospel preached

(2 Corinthians 11:4) For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel,

(Galatians 1:11) But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. Paul is putting us on our guard that men pervert the word of God and preach another gospel.

Here is what Paul says the gospel is about.
    (Romans 1:16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

David

The Four (4) Gospels are ONE ! Just like the "Two are One" from John 10:30, and "by 2 it's established", Gen41:32 -- and the Three are One (like a triangle or egg), so Matthew, Mark, Luke, John (2 wrote more)(2 were apostles) make up the One Gospel! We can throw away those spurious gospels that 'scholars' love to brag about..
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Thread Information