Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Religious Crowd

In the privacy of this forum, I would like to ask this question:

"Do you think this generation is composed of individuals who hold to a more skeptical view of Christianity?"

Please be very brief in your explanation...I am hoping for four responses.

Please state whether you are a futurist (Parousia is still future) or preterist (parousia is past). I am curious as to whether there would be a difference of opinion based upon whether one is a futurist or a preterist. There shouldn't be a bias but one just never knows.
    Last edited by Edward Goodie; 01-29-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Goodie View Post

"Do you think this generation is composed of individuals who share a more liberal view of Christianity?"

Please be very brief in your explanation...
    Hi Edward,

Can you define "Liberal View of Christianity"?

Rick

There is no other book like the Bible in the world where you have to know the Author to understand the book. If Christianity were the religion of the Book then it would be no different than any other religion in the world. But, Christianity is Christ! It is the dynamic, personal Spirit of God functioning in man.

Quote Originally Posted by heb13-13 View Post
    Hi Edward,

Can you define "Liberal View of Christianity"?

Rick
    A skeptical view...

"Do you think this generation is composed of individuals who share a more liberal view of Christianity?"

Please be very brief in your explanation...I am hoping for four responses.
    I don't know the stats (percent Fundamentalist vs. Liberal) but I would guess "yes" is the correct answer because the internet is doing to Fundamentalism what the printing press did to the Catholic church. A little light scatters a lot of darkness. An informed public soon sees that Fundamentalism is not consistent with Reality, i.e. it is false, and so they fade away.

It's not for no reason that apologist McDowell said that the internet is the greatest single threat to the [fundamentalist] Christian faith.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Heb 13-13,

That was a very brief explanation??? I just wanted brief opinions (less than 50 words more or less along the lines of an affirmative or negative) from the posters themselves.

Also, are you a futurist or a preterist i.e. are you still awaiting for the fulfillment of any prophecies?

Heb 13-13,

That was a very brief explanation??? I just wanted brief opinions (less than 50 words more or less along the lines of an affirmative or negative) from the posters themselves.

Also, are you a futurist or a preterist i.e. are you still awaiting for the fulfillment of any prophecies?
    I've moved the "Evolution" discussion to it's own thread: James Fowler's article on Evolution.

Carry on!

• Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Edward asks, "Do you think this generation is composed of individuals who share a more liberal view of Christianity?"
    (in 50 words or less)

YES

What we see is the great cosmic cattle rancher competition for all time and eternity where every competitor is vying for first place wrangling in this here everlastin' rodeo...but it just ain't nary gonna wurk that way with them thar sheeple.

Every liberal is conservatively liberal, even as every conservative is liberally conservative.

Rootin' Tootin' Bullbuck Tim
    The mind grows by taking in
    :Mesiras Nefesh:
    THE HEART GROWS BY GIVING OUT

Heb 13-13,

Ok. I'm neither futurist or preterist. I am leaning strongly to the Christocentric-Triumphalist interpretation and I am awaiting the "unhindered experience" of spiritual reality with Christ.

Jesus ties the end to the beginning by explaining that the restoration of our "right to the tree of life" (22:2,14) is by the partaking of the character expression of His life in our behavior. Thereby we "may enter by the gates into the city" (22:14) wherein "nothing unclean dwells" (21:27). This "beloved" (20:9) and "holy city" (21:2,10; 22:19) is the New Jerusalem (21:2,10), the "city of the living God" (Heb. 12:22), the community of all God's people. Every Christian abiding in Christ already participates in the glory of this heavenly community, the "Jerusalem above" (Gal. 4:26), but we also look forward in hope to the unhindered experience of that spiritual reality.

Read more here.
    http://www.christinyou.net/pages/revepi.html

Charts detailing the different views or interpretations of Scripture.
    http://www.christinyou.net/pages/revcharts.html

Hope that was short enough.

Rick

There is no other book like the Bible in the world where you have to know the Author to understand the book. If Christianity were the religion of the Book then it would be no different than any other religion in the world. But, Christianity is Christ! It is the dynamic, personal Spirit of God functioning in man.

Just so your audience can see the different views:

Name:  Revelation Views.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  138.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by heb13-13 View Post
    Just so your audience can see the different views:

Name:  Revelation Views.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  138.1 KB
    That's a helpful chart. But the "Preterist" view is really the "Partial Preterist" (or rather "Partial Futurist") view because it expects a physical New Heaven and Earth yet future as described in Rev 21-22. The "Full Preterst" (or rather, consistently "Preterist") view shares the Triumphalist interpretation that the New Heaven and Earth began with the resurrection of Christ (or Pentecost).

Check out my blog site

Thread Information