Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

Closed Thread

Hybrid View

Vernon Jenkins [Thread closed]

I first met Vernon Jenkins via email soon after I discovered his website in 1997. He has contributed greatly to my understanding of the united alphanumeric and geometric structures of Genesis 1:1 and John 1:1 which I call the Creation Holograph.

His website is much larger than you might think after a first visit. It has gems and treasures proclaiming the divine perfection of the Holy Word scattered throughout. Two of his studies that are particularly impressive are INNER CONVICTION and An Oracle Restored (which examines the alphanumeric patterns in the Priestly Breastplate).

I highly recommend his work. He is aware of the forum here, and will make himself available to answer questions about his work. I'm pretty sure he will also be posting new discoveries as the Lord gives them to him.

Richard

most astounding thing on your website was the numerical value of Genesis 1:1, being 2701, returning in Genesis 8:14,
    וּבַחֹדֶשׁ, הַשֵּׁנִי, בְּשִׁבְעָה וְעֶשְׂרִים יוֹם, לַחֹדֶשׁ--יָבְשָׁה, הָאָרֶץ. {ס} 14 And in the second month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month, was the earth dry.

question;

who was the one who actually did find it?

was that you?

or Vernon Jenkins?

But it is also on www.inner.org

Did Rabbi Ginsburgh pick it up from you and/or Vernon Jenkins,
    or did het find it independently,
    or is it something known "for ages" already?

Genesis 8:14 is exactly 365 days after the beginning of the flood.

beginning in Genesis 7:11,
    בִּשְׁנַת שֵׁשׁ-מֵאוֹת שָׁנָה, לְחַיֵּי-נֹחַ, בַּחֹדֶשׁ הַשֵּׁנִי, בְּשִׁבְעָה-עָשָׂר יוֹם לַחֹדֶשׁ--בַּיּוֹם הַזֶּה, נִבְקְעוּ כָּל-מַעְיְנֹת תְּהוֹם רַבָּה, וַאֲרֻבֹּת הַשָּׁמַיִם, נִפְתָּחוּ.
    In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

solar year 365 days = 12 moon-months +10 days!

so the flood reconciling sun and moon.

"full circle" - 12 months

but there is a beginning of a thirteenth month. about 1/3 of it.

it means: the circle becomes a spiral.

I think.

Seoul, Korea (originally from Auckland, New Zealand)
    Hi Richard,

Vernon's page 'An Oracle Restored' doesn't actually represent the correct names engraved on the breastplate. Manasseh and Ephraim are nowhere to be found on the true breastplate. What the 'Oracle' page does do is represent the 12 tribes in the wilderness, and organises them on a 4 x 3 breastplate matrix using the edict of birth order.

The true breastplate includes the tribes of Levi and Joseph, and omits the proxies of Manasseh and Ephraim. When the birth order of these names is reworked along matriarchal lines, an even more impressive breastplate matrix appears. You will find some numero-geometrical features of this matriarchally-ordered breastplate at Vernon's website under the title 'Double Indemnity'. In the appendices to these pages you may read evidences for the omission of Joseph's two sons from the breastplate.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Hi Richard,

Vernon's page 'An Oracle Restored' doesn't actually represent the correct names engraved on the breastplate. Manasseh and Ephraim are nowhere to be found on the true breastplate. What the 'Oracle' page does do is represent the 12 tribes in the wilderness, and organises them on a 4 x 3 breastplate matrix using the edict of birth order.
    Stephen,

You zeroed in on an issue that has always caused a little "hesitation" in my reception of the breastplate. I tend to think it may be an interesting pattern in the list of names more than in the breastplate per se. I have never taken the time to properly critique Vernon's use of the names to make a judgment yet. The tribes are difficult to study because there are so many variations. Here is Vernon's explanation of the names on the breastplate from his site, which is sounds like you are responding to:

Quote Originally Posted by Vernon Jenkins
    Jacob's favorite son, Joseph, sold into slavery through the treachery of his elder brothers, ultimately became Pharaoh's 'right-hand man', married an Egyptian, and fathered two sons, MANASSEH and EPHRAIM (Gen.41:50-52). These two particular grandsons of Jacob were destined to become proxies for their father in the above list. The tribes - now numbering 13, and each identified by the name of its progenitor - remained in Egypt for some 400 years. Following the Exodus, and before entering the 'promised land', a significant event took place: at God's command, the sons of Levi were set apart and dedicated to His service; in due course, they would therefore not feature in the apportionment of the land between the tribes (Deut.10:8-9). Accordingly, we deduce that the name of Levi would not appear on the breastplate, for the high priest who bore it would himself have been of that tribe; again, as we have seen, Joseph would have been represented by his two sons. A reading of Nu.1 confirms these facts.

For those who don't know, Stephen has worked with Vernon on these issues, and has a joint paper published on his site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    The true breastplate includes the tribes of Levi and Joseph, and omits the proxies of Manasseh and Ephraim. When the birth order of these names is reworked along matriarchal lines, an even more impressive breastplate matrix appears. You will find some numero-geometrical features of this matriarchally-ordered breastplate at Vernon's website under the title 'Double Indemnity'. In the appendices to these pages you may read evidences for the omission of Joseph's two sons from the breastplate.

Stephen
    Thanks Stephen! Here's the link for those who don't know. Double Indemnity

Quote Originally Posted by RAM
    I didn't know the "sun and moon" needed reconciling. I must admit that I find it difficult to use the language or reconciliation (which I associate with salvation through the blood of Christ) to talk about some incommensurate temporal cycles of two heavenly bodies.
    Rashi on Genesis 1:16,

the two great luminaries They were created equal, but the moon was made smaller because it brought charges and said, “It is impossible for two kings to use the same crown.” - [from Chullin 60b] Rashi (ad loc.) explains that this derash is based on the discrepancy of the two expressions, “the two great luminaries,” which intimates that the moon was a great luminary, and“the lesser luminary,” which intimates that the moon was smaller than the sun. To reconcile this difference, the Rabbis asserted that the moon was originally created equal to the sun, but, because of its complaint that the sun wielded the same power that it wielded, it was forced to relinquish that power

Jewish calendar is moon-calendar.

yet it states, Exodus 12:2,
    This month shall be to you the head of the months; to you it shall be the first of the months of the year.

that's why the last month Adar is doubled seven times in a cycle of 19 years, called Ibur-cycle.

(for else Passover would have wandered through the year)

So Ibur-cycle knows 12 years of 12 months and 7 years of 13 months.

indeed reconciling sun and moon.

(19 also gematria of "Chavah" = Eve).

(2701 on inner.org f.e., http://www.inner.org/sefirot/sefchoch.htm)
    Last edited by sylvius; 06-10-2007 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Rashi on Genesis 1:16,

the two great luminaries They were created equal, but the moon was made smaller because it brought charges and said, 'It is impossible for two kings to use the same crown.' - [from Chullin 60b] Rashi (ad loc.) explains that this derash is based on the discrepancy of the two expressions, 'the two great luminaries,' which intimates that the moon was a great luminary, and'the lesser luminary,' which intimates that the moon was smaller than the sun. To reconcile this difference, the Rabbis asserted that the moon was originally created equal to the sun, but, because of its complaint that the sun wielded the same power that it wielded, it was forced to relinquish that power

This is the problem with Midrash - its got a lot of stuff that is just plain goofy and made up. We know that the "moon" was not made "equal" to the sun in any sense of the word "equal." One is a small dark planetary satellite which radiates no light of its own, whereas the other is the blazing nuclear fusion inferno a million times larger that produces the light of the whole world.

So what's the real point of that midrash? What "truth" does it teach us? I'm sorry silvius, but I don't see that this midrash sheds any light on anything. Please don't be offended. I probably am really dense and have missed your intent, in which case I would be greatly indebted to you if you would explain it to me.

Let me take this as an opportunity to clarify something. There is a story in the beginning of the Zohar that tells of the 22 letters approaching the Throne of God and asking to be used as first in the creation of the world. Tav approaches first, and said (in part) "May it please Thee, O Lord of the world, to place me first in the creation of the world, seeing that I am the concluding letter of EMeTh (Truth)which is engraved upon Thy seal." But Tav was rejected because it is also the final letter of MaVeTh (Death). As an aside, this is an example of the ancient rabbinic understanding of Tav as the "Seal of Truth" as discussed in my article "Sealed with the Sign of the Cross".

The story continues with each letter presenting itself, and asking for the honor of being used first in creation based on its symbolic meaning, usually expressed in Alphabetic KeyWords. Most of the meanings are profoundly integrated with the structure of the Wheel. For example, Tzaddi said "I am the sign of righteousness" which is how God used this letter in many Alphabetic Verses, and which integrates with all three books on Spoke 18 in very obvious ways.

I say all this to explain why some midrash is "good" and some "not so good." The story of the letters is obviously intended as a teaching story. Its not trying to speak about the true nature of actual objects in the universe like the sun and the moon. It is a story meant to teach the symbolic meanings of the letters. The story you presented, on the other hand, purports to relate some "truth" based on the physical nature of things in the universe. And since it got the facts all wrong, what good is it? What is is really trying to teach us?

I am no closer to understanding why the "sun and moon" needed reconciling. And I still find it difficult to use the language or reconciliation (which I associate with salvation through the blood of Christ) to talk about some incommensurate temporal cycles of two heavenly bodies.

But thanks for the mdirash, it gave me a much needed opportunity to express my opinion on this matter.

Jewish calendar is moon-calendar.

yet it states, Exodus 12:2,
    This month shall be to you the head of the months; to you it shall be the first of the months of the year.

that's why the last month Adar is doubled seven times in a cycle of 19 years, called Ibur-cycle.

(for else Passover would have wandered through the year)

So Ibur-cycle knows 12 years of 12 months and 7 years of 13 months.

indeed reconciling sun and moon.

(19 also gematria of "Chavah" = Eve).
    Yes, the Jewish calendar is a very interesting "reconciliation" of the incommensurate solar and lunar cycles. A good achievement of the Jews.

And the value of Eve (Chavah) = 19 is extremely significant. She is the prototypical "Woman" and we all know the relation between the cycles of the moon and menstruation, which is derived from the same root as "moon" and "month."

It is also interesting that Islam associates itself with the Number 19 and uses the Crescent Moon as its symbol. There's a lot more I could say about that, but nows not the time.

Thanks!

Good morning sylvius!

most astounding thing on your website was the numerical value of Genesis 1:1, being 2701, returning in Genesis 8:14,
    וּבַחֹדֶשׁ, הַשֵּׁנִי, בְּשִׁבְעָה וְעֶשְׂרִים יוֹם, לַחֹדֶשׁ--יָבְשָׁה, הָאָרֶץ. {ס} 14 And in the second month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month, was the earth dry.

question;

who was the one who actually did find it?

was that you?

or Vernon Jenkins?

But it is also on www.inner.org

Did Rabbi Ginsburgh pick it up from you and/or Vernon Jenkins,
    or did het find it independently,
    or is it something known "for ages" already?

Could you post the link to the page on www.inner.org that talks about it?

I first learned it from Vernon, but I don't recall if he noticed it himself or was told about it. Then another friend pointed out the most amazing fact. Not only do Gen 8.14 and Gen 1.1 sum to the triangular number Tri(73) = 2701, but they both also have a similar substructure. In Gen 1.1 the sums of the words in the even and odd positions are simple multiples of the 8th Hex/Star pair as follows:

Sum (even) = 3 x 337 = 3 x Star(8)
    Sum (odd) = 10 x 169 = 10 x Hex(8)

So Gen 1:1 = 3 x Star(8) + 10 x Hex(8)

I talk about this in my article "The Divine Tapestry of Genesis 1.1" where also I link to Vernon's article "Genesis as a Tessellated Trefoil."

Now the amazing thing that the same Hex/Star pair emerges from Genesis 8.14, only now we divide the verse in the exact center, suming the first four and the final four words to get:

Sum of first four words = 10 x Hex(8)
    Sum of final four words = 10 x Star(8)

Genesis 8:14 is exactly 365 days after the beginning of the flood.

beginning in Genesis 7:11,
    בִּשְׁנַת שֵׁשׁ-מֵאוֹת שָׁנָה, לְחַיֵּי-נֹחַ, בַּחֹדֶשׁ הַשֵּׁנִי, בְּשִׁבְעָה-עָשָׂר יוֹם לַחֹדֶשׁ--בַּיּוֹם הַזֶּה, נִבְקְעוּ כָּל-מַעְיְנֹת תְּהוֹם רַבָּה, וַאֲרֻבֹּת הַשָּׁמַיִם, נִפְתָּחוּ.
    In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

solar year 365 days = 12 moon-months +10 days!

so the flood reconciling sun and moon.
    I didn't know the "sun and moon" needed reconciling. I must admit that I find it difficult to use the language or reconciliation (which I associate with salvation through the blood of Christ) to talk about some incommensurate temporal cycles of two heavenly bodies.

"full circle" - 12 months

but there is a beginning of a thirteenth month. about 1/3 of it.

it means: the circle becomes a spiral.

I think.
    I agree, the "circle of the year" is an important concept. There's a fascinating correlation with the "circle of the day" and this links to the day for a year KeyLink between Numbers and Ezekiel on Spoke 4, and the events of the Fourth Days, as discussed here.

Thread Information