Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: We are All One

I see it as a "rightly dividing" of a body (like mankind)... An OT precept of the NT, as they were a schoolteacher to bring us to Christ. Gal 3:24.
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    I see it as a "rightly dividing" of a body (like mankind)... An OT precept of the NT, as they were a schoolteacher to bring us to Christ. Gal 3:24.
    Perhaps you could go into a bit more detail. I agree about the rightly dividing...but what is the end result? (after the smoking furnace and burning torch has passed through) All of mankind is redeemed?
    Jesus called Himself the Son of Man. How does He fit into the One animal of mankind (in the cutting of the covenant)?
    Last edited by kathryn; 12-26-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Dont' really know what you're looking for, Kathryn. The waters were divided in the OT before we were aware of the spiritual Water -- now it's "correctly understanding" (like what RAM is always questioning..)
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Dont' really know what you're looking for, Kathryn. The waters were divided in the OT before we were aware of the spiritual Water -- now it's "correctly understanding" (like what RAM is always questioning..)
    I'm asking you to explain the process of "rightly dividing" in more detail. You mentioned the one animal was mankind. What , in your opinion, does the smoking furnace and burning torch signify? What does mankind look like afterwards? Are they united or still separated? Was Jesus part of the one animal?

Sorry Kathryn, missed the 'leaven' comment till just now -- sounds great except I don't see any unbelievers "Rising" on that cloudy day. Still, these diff points of view may be helpful for others to get on the same page. The "lurkers", if you please. :Thumb:

I see Jesus as "the Leaven" (as well as The Bread) so those who believe him will get their 2nd chance...
    Last edited by duxrow; 12-26-2011 at 09:31 AM.

Sorry Kathryn, missed the 'leaven' comment till just now -- sounds great except I don't see any unbelievers "Rising" on that cloudy day. Still, these diff points of view may be helpful for others to get on the same page. The "lurkers", if you please. :Thumb:

I see Jesus as "the Leaven" (as well as The Bread) so those who believe him will get their 2nd chance...
    Jesus was the UNleavened bread...the spotless passover Lamb Dux. How could he then represent leaven? Leaven , in typology, is never anything but the condition of iniquity. It is used as a tool, like an irritant in an oyster, to form the "pearl". The Bride must make herself ready. She isn't "spotless" until she comes out of her Baptism of Fire. This is all through typology. Please explain the shift to me. I do see how you understand it as a "rising" agent and therefore "good"...but I can't see how you get the rest. Please 'splain.

Shoulda said "New Leaven" , also "hidden leaven" -- not the "old leaven" -- As the Alpha and Omega, first and last, he's not simply the Lamb, but also the Lion -- just posted re 'last metaphor' (must've had this in mind, maybe) ha.

I realize about bad-leaven notoriety, but just don't see it. All the new-wine, new-cloth, new song, new creature, etc. is a lot like the multiple "walks" throughout scripture. Hallelujah!

Quote Originally Posted by kathryn View Post
    Rick...
    Christians are 'children of God' (Rom. 8:16) and call God, 'Abba, Father' (Rom. 8:15), Jesus told the Pharisees that they were of their father, the devil' (Jn. 8:44).

Hi Rick...In and through whom, was Jesus addressing as "Satan", when Peter didn't agree with the necessity of Jesus going to the cross... A child of God, or a child of the devil?
    Hi Kathryn,

Satan speaks to and tempts Believers, too. It doesn't matter whether Peter was a child of God or of the Devil at this time. What matters is who he was choosing to listen to. Jesus pointed out who he was listening to.

According to Scripture the cause of sin in man is the devil. He sinned first and then seduced man. Man has free-choice and made a choice to derive his spiritual identity, character and behaviour from Satan and not God. Man has always had only two sources in which to derive his spiritual condition and behaviour. Satan or God. There is not a third choice. Man is a dependent being and must derive his spiritual character from a source outside of himself because he is not a god. He is not autonomous and self-generative, he is a dependent and contingent being.

And precisely because Man is a dependent being and Adam and Eve were deriving their Godliness from God in the garden an outside spiritual source had to tempt them to make a choice to change the source in which they derived their behaviour (from some other than God). They were tempted outside of themselves by another spiritual being to switch their heart allegiance, to look to another as their source. Even today, when man thinks that there is a third source to look to (namely himself), he is being deceived and does not know that he is deriving his character and behaviour from Satan.

Satan's story to Eve in Genesis 3, and to Jesus in Matthew 4, was that you can live independently of God, that you can be your own god and set your own standards. BUT IT IS A LIE. Either God controls your life by your choosing to let Him, or Satan controls your life by your choosing (either by design or default) to let him. You and I were designed by God to be ruled by a spirit. Our choice is not whether or not to be ruled, but rather, by which spirit we will be ruled!"

It is ludicrous to think that of these two "spirits", only one is a personal being.

Satan is a personal being, not just an impersonal force.
    a. speaks - Lk. 4:3
    b. knows - Rev. 12:12
    c. works - Eph. 2:2
    d. disputes - Jude 9
    e. desires - Jn. 8:44
    f. requests - Lk. 22:31
    g. schemes - II Cor. 2:11
    h. conceit - I Tim. 3:6
    i. wills - II Tim. 2:26
    j. wrath - Rev. 12:12
    k. deceives - Rev. 20:2

Humanism aggrandizes man's ability. But what has really happened is that the Deceiver has sold the same bill of goods to man that he sold them in the garden. And he tells man (especially the worldly wise, educated ones) that every individual person is independent, autonomous and self-generative of his condition and behavior. But man is none of these things. He is a dependent being, always deriving his spiritual condition and behavioral expression from a spiritual source. Satan is still the power propelling unbelievers to sin and tempting believers to sin. And he tempted Peter to sin.

Jesus Christ in speaking to the unbelieving Jews, (John 8:44) "Ye are of your father the devil." Because he seduced men to sin, the devil is called a "murderer from the beginning" (John 8:44); and since he is the one that sinned first and thus the inventor of sin, we call sin, with good reason, a 'work of the devil,' even in the case of sins committed by believers. That is the case clearly pointed out by Christ when He says to Peter, who sought to keep Christ from suffering and dying: "Get thee behind Me, Satan" (Matt. 16:23).

Let me just reemphasize that: Peter was listening to the lie being breathed from Satan's mouth and Christ clearly pointed that out.

Kathryn,

It seems that you are saying that man's sin is self-originated within himself. If that were true then self-originated sin would have made man himself a Satan.

Back to you,
    Rick
    Last edited by heb13-13; 12-26-2011 at 10:46 AM.

There is no other book like the Bible in the world where you have to know the Author to understand the book. If Christianity were the religion of the Book then it would be no different than any other religion in the world. But, Christianity is Christ! It is the dynamic, personal Spirit of God functioning in man.

Even today, when man thinks that there is a third source to look to (namely himself), he is being deceived and does not know that he is deriving his character and behaviour from Satan.

Satan's story to Eve in Genesis 3, and to Jesus in Matthew 4, was that you can live independently of God, that you can be your own god and set your own standards. BUT IT IS A LIE. Either God controls your life by your choosing to let Him, or Satan controls your life by your choosing (either by design or default) to let him. You and I were designed by God to be ruled by a spirit. Our choice is not whether or not to be ruled, but rather, by which spirit we will be ruled!"
    ''

Good one, heb -- In that first song when "horse and rider' went into the sea, Ex15, I first thought maybe God didn't like horses... now I see that WE are the horses (like Jesus a lamb and satan a snake) and it depends on whom we give our reins to..

Isn't that delicious?

Shoulda said "New Leaven" , also "hidden leaven" -- not the "old leaven" -- As the Alpha and Omega, first and last, he's not simply the Lamb, but also the Lion -- just posted re 'last metaphor' (must've had this in mind, maybe) ha.

I realize about bad-leaven notoriety, but just don't see it. All the new-wine, new-cloth, new song, new creature, etc. is a lot like the multiple "walks" throughout scripture. Hallelujah!
    Hi Dux...it's not a question of it getting a bad rap....It simply isn't in typology as ever being anything good. It is the HIDDEN MANNA (SEED) that destroys the hidden leaven. It is the Word of God, that removes the Lies (carnal mindsets). You can't just suddenly change typology like that. Jesus was the UNleavened bread. The church in the refining stage, is having the condition of iniquity removed. That's why the wave offering for firstfruits contained leaven. It was a symbol of the church in the Baptism of Fire.

Thread Information