Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Our interpretation of Reality.

Hi all,

This idea has been rolling around in my mind for a while and it has lately taken a more tangible shape.
    Our interpretation of Reality is reality for us.

I fooled around with stereo viewing for a while and even built my own replica of a stereo viewer.
    Basically, the principle is that we see two images, One for each eye. And this is how we experience depth perception. We don't think about this much, but what we see, or think we see is merely an interpretation of what is right in front of our eyes. It is a subtle thing under normal circumstances, but take a salt shaker and set it in front of you on a table and, without moving your head, close one eye and then the other. Two images. Two angles (lines of sight) from which the salt shaker is seen.
    Now, the further apart the eyes the more apparent the illusion of interpretation is.
    Eyes are roughly 2-21/4" apart.

I built a "slide mount" for my camera and can take a still life picture, two pictures, actually and look at that picture in 3-D on my viewer. The more distance between the snapshots, the more pronounced the difference in the angles of sight and the more pronounced the 3-D effect. Hyper 3-D. The effect is no longer subtle.

Here is my point. We live our entire lives seeing a third view of everything around us, thinking and acting as if that is reality, when all that it really is, is an interpretation of two viewpoints, neither of which are seen in the interpretation of both.

So, either we are reinterpreting two lies, or making one lie out of two separate truths. Which is it?

I am leading to something here. I will not finish this idea just yet, but bring it in increments.

Here is a link to some photos that you can see what I am speaking about if you are unfamiliar with stereo viewing. These don't require a viewer but you cross your eyes to see the stereo images.
    http://www.stereoview.org/default.html
    Just go to NSA info and click on Member's Photo Gallery.

This thread is not about stereo viewing. But it is a good place to begin in order to get where I am going with this.
    Feel free to jump in any time.

Bob
    Harry Potter,.. "Is this all happening in my head, or is it real?"
    Professor Dumbledor,.. "Of course it's all happening in your head. What makes you think that means it isn't real?"

NICE!

Bob, is this where you're going...

Matt 6:22
    22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

Luke 11:34-36
    34 The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.
    35 Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.
    36 If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.

Jesus said if thine 'EYE' (singular) be 'single' … not if thine 'eyes' be… He is referring to the awakening of the pineal gland, or 'third eye,' that is being awakened now to bring us into a place where our 'whole body is full of light' (Adam walked in this…). This is the 'Most Holy Place' I referred to in the 'Tabernacle Blueprint' ;-) This is the time of fulfillment of "Tabernacles" ... where the light shines out of "Zion"/New Jerusalem....

Quote from '555' book:

'Later, Jacob is getting ready to go back to the land promised to him by the Lord when he prays for the Lord to bless him. It is here where he has the dream that he is wrestling the angel, and then he also receives a name change to 'Israel,' of which the root word is again Sar (sar = 555 in many places). The literal translation of what the angel declares is: 'You shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel; for as a prince thou hast had power with both God and men, and thou hast overcome.' Jacob then named the place Peniel, saying:

"I have seen God face to face, yet my life has been preserved." Now the sun rose upon him just as he crossed over Penuel, and he was limping on his thigh. Gen 32:29-32 NASU

This was the place where the birthright blessing was established and confirmed by a name change, in which Jacob was called an 'overcomer.' This was the place where he saw God 'face-to-face,' and the 'sun rose upon him' as he 'crossed over…'

'Penuel' is a play on words for the pineal gland…

This is the 'Day of the Lord' we are coming into the fullness of, as spoken of in Joel:

Joel 2:28-31
    28 'And afterward,
    I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
    Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
    your old men will dream dreams,
    your young men will see visions.
    29 Even on my servants, both men and women,
    I will pour out my Spirit in those days.
    30 I will show wonders in the heavens
    and on the earth,
    blood and fire and billows of smoke.
    31 The sun will be turned to darkness
    and the moon to blood
    before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD .

He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him with a view to an administration suitable to the fullness of the times, that is, the summing up of all things in Christ, things in the heavens and things on the earth. Eph 1:9-10

Excellent theme for a thread Bob! I have long held stereo vision to be one of the prime examples of how we need more than one point of view to "see reality." I look forard to seeing where this thread will lead, especially as more of us add our own unique points of view! (Puns intended most definitely!)
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Excellent theme for a thread Bob! I have long held stereo vision to be one of the prime examples of how we need more than one point of view to "see reality." I look forard to seeing where this thread will lead, especially as more of us add our own unique points of view! (Puns intended most definitely!)
    Hi Richard,
    Yes, it is an almost magical device. Especially when you begin to question it and apply it to how amazingly we were created. Where does the third view come from? Something inside of us creates it.
    That something takes two images, ..splits the difference,...adds a whole other dimension to it (Depth or 3-D)
    And then it spits it out to us as "perception." A perception that we take for granted, not giving it any thought whatsoever.
    And, maybe the most amazing thing is, is that we don't!

Bob
    Professor Dumbledor,.. "Of course it's all happening in your head. What makes you think that means it isn't real?"

Heh...my husband, Joseph, has been going on and on about getting a 3-D TV the past few days. He already has a 62 " monster that my four daughters call their "5th sister"...and I've been known to refer to as his "one-eyed girlfriend"

ps..Bob...have asked you a question about those balloons on the Dumbo thread. Went looking for you..and here you were! Can't fool mother nature!...hee heheheheheheeee

Hi all,

I am continuing on here from where I left off because that is the order that went through my mind. Revisiting thoughts that have come to me over and over for quite a while, but condensed into this specific order did something to me lately.
    It has to do with watching the sychronicities we have been exploring that happen to us through the outside world, (Malkuth, "Kingdom") and through biblical symbolism both.

God can do a better job communicating with us as we learn more of His language. His symbolism.
    So we begin to see that as the "Single Eye." The Eye that sees more clearly and jumps an abyss of sorts beyond what the two eyes see.
    So if the earth seems to be speaking with us what is it saying? How do the symbolism of dreams, the bible and external circumstances speak to us? And what is it saying?

Basically, it is saying what we believe to be true. That is our interpretation. These synchronicites Confirm what we believe. Whatever we believe.
    We can be Buddhists and the same thing is taught, or we can subscribe to Toltec knowledge ala Carlos Castaneda, Or shamanic practices of Native American seers.
    These are all interpretations of Reality. We can call them "doctrines." A doctrine implies an entire system of details that add up to a belief structure.

Some of the differences between Jesus' "Doctrine" and other doctrines or belief systems is that his doctrine was not his at all. He was passing on a revelation that was from above. He called it the Father's doctrine.
    The other difference in Jesus' doctrine/interpretation was that it contained promises and guarantees.

As I said the universe is self-reflecting. Deb pointed out a very important aspect of the Tabernacle pattern.
    Just inside the veil into the outer court is a laver. It is a reflecting pool that is used for washing. The priests would wash in this pool before continuing on to the anointing with oil and passing through a door to the Holy Place. As they/we are washed by his word we are beholding our own image in the laver.
    But our image is changed as we allow ourselves,...our doctrine to change. This is our filter. Everything we behold and our idea of what reality is is determined by this set of "filters" we have buit up over the years.

1co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

That is the image of the Man. Earthly man first and then Heavenly man.

2co 3:15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart.
    2co 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away. ("It" refers here to the Heart.) (When our hearts turn to the Lord the veil is lifted.)2co 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
    2co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

If we think Jesus comes to teach us according to his promise and doctrine, we are correct.
    If the world seems to be speaking to us according to his promise and doctrine, it is.

If we choose his doctrine/interpretation and promises concerning his relationship to the Father we are correct. And it is the Father's doctrine. Not Jesus' doctrine.

Joh 7:15 And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?
    Joh 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

Now here is the Quantum leap.

If we choose to believe Jesus' Doctrine, his interpretation of Reality for ourselves,...Since he is living inside of us as he promised (again according to his doctrine),..and his words are abiding in us as we can see happening all around us and through revelation of scripture,....

If we choose this as our doctrine, ...Then we are chosen!!!

Mt 20:15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?
    Mt 20:16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

The secret of the single eye is that one point of view that takes us all the way back to where we belong.
    The evil eye is anything that stops us short of Return to the Rock. Double vision, double mindedness as opposed to the single eye..

We keep our eye on him and we will come to see it is us looking at us through his eye.
    Jesus perspective was the only one that is single and complete and whole. (Holy)
    We are growing into his perspective if we continue believing in the promises that he brought us.

In thinking so much about these threads and the ideas contained in them. The amazing orchestration of connections in the Matthew 17 thread and the Looking for Dumbo thread and others.
    Night before last I was in bed "sleeping", but what I call sleeping the past few weeks has been not much difference from being awake. I am still thinking about these same things while going to sleep and rising and anytime I wake during sleep. It is pretty neat, but out of the ordinary, none-the-less.

Anyway, on that night I woke up and just for an instant it was like something in me "flipped" and I was seeing myself through Jesus' eyes. From his perspective, so to speak. I cannot explain it any better than that, but what it seemed like was that it all made perfect sense and that that was exactly what we were meant to do. The way we were meant to percieve Reality. But we continue to see it from the wrong perspective and that is what keeps us from that experience or sustaining that experience.

I mentioned on another thread the idea of Jesus coming with angels.

Mt 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
    Angels are messengers. Messages can come by way of synchronicities and also by revelations of God's Word in scriptures.
    When they come in such great numbers it is a flood so to speak.
    When they come in such great numbers we are unable to deny their existence and this is what I think the Coming of Jesus will be like for each of us.

This image reminds me of this way of looking at that possibility.

Bob

Integration

Bob:In thinking so much about these threads and the ideas contained in them. The amazing orchestration of connections in the Matthew 17 thread and the Looking for Dumbo thread and others.
    Night before last I was in bed "sleeping", but what I call sleeping the past few weeks has been not much difference from being awake. I am still thinking about these same things while going to sleep and rising and anytime I wake during sleep. It is pretty neat, but out of the ordinary, none-the-less.

Anyway, on that night I woke up and just for an instant it was like something in me "flipped" and I was seeing myself through Jesus' eyes. From his perspective, so to speak. I cannot explain it any better than that, but what it seemed like was that it all made perfect sense and that that was exactly what we were meant to do. The way we were meant to percieve Reality. But we continue to see it from the wrong perspective and that is what keeps us from that experience or sustaining that experience.

Hi Bob...I've been experiencing something very similar. I believe we are beginning that integration of Spirit and Matter. (as the double 137/137 was pointing to earlier in the "lifting up of the two heads). That "flipping" , I believe, is described in that verse: "we will be like Him, when we see Him as He is. " As I was reading your account of this, I realized that part of seeing Him as He is, is ALSO seeing through His eyes...as He is seeing US as we are...HIM!; This would occur in full integration. It's an amazing concept! It's the merging of the TWO who is ONE eye, you were speaking of!

Sol 4:9 Thou hast ravished my heart, my sister, thou hast ravished my heart with one of thine eyes, with one chain of thy neck.
    (He is "seeing" her one eye as merged with His...which ravishes His heart. Have a look at the meaning of "ravished"..and note, the gematria is "34"...the room 340 of death and birth (where I was born and my father died/verse 3:4 of the SOS..and on his 34034 day on earth. )
    http://www.biblewheel.com/GR/GR_Data...&cnum=4&vnum=9

As the consummation hasn't completed yet, it still feels as though we are still "two" and hence the "flip". (and this is, I believe the beginning of the "twisting" process the "0" makes (or the head/mind), as it becomes the "8". As this increases, it will integrate fully. I've been noticing an increased sense of Oneness as He is speaking through each of us in our posts everyday. It's as though our minds have merged! (and I just remembered those animals, etc. you were making with the balloons! You were twisting them to form them, yes? )
    Last edited by kathryn; 12-11-2011 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob May View Post
    Hi Richard,
    Yes, it is an almost magical device. Especially when you begin to question it and apply it to how amazingly we were created. Where does the third view come from? Something inside of us creates it.
    That something takes two images, ..splits the difference,...adds a whole other dimension to it (Depth or 3-D)
    And then it spits it out to us as "perception." A perception that we take for granted, not giving it any thought whatsoever.
    And, maybe the most amazing thing is, is that we don't!

Bob
    Hi Bob,

I am reading a book called The Whole-Brain Path to Peace by James Olsen, when I came across this paragraph that almost exactly says what you are speaking of.
    Most of us are under the impression that we have one perspective (at any given time), a perspective that varies depending on where we are positioned. The fact is, we have three simultaneous perspectives. They include two fundamental perspectives-the left brain's dualistic perspective, which zooms in on details, and the right brain's holistic, outward-looking big picture perspective--as well as a third perspective that is an integration of the two, a perspective that is our personal and cultural creation, a perspective that reflects the mental artistry with which we combine our two fundamental perspectives. And keep in mind that each of the three perspectives takes in the mental and spiritual as well as physical realms.

All the best,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hi Bob,

I am reading a book called The Whole-Brain Path to Peace by James Olsen, when I came across this paragraph that almost exactly says what you are speaking of.
    Most of us are under the impression that we have one perspective (at any given time), a perspective that varies depending on where we are positioned. The fact is, we have three simultaneous perspectives. They include two fundamental perspectives-the left brain's dualistic perspective, which zooms in on details, and the right brain's holistic, outward-looking big picture perspective--as well as a third perspective that is an integration of the two, a perspective that is our personal and cultural creation, a perspective that reflects the mental artistry with which we combine our two fundamental perspectives. And keep in mind that each of the three perspectives takes in the mental and spiritual as well as physical realms.
    All the best,
    Rose
    Hi Rose,
    Sounds a lot like the Qabalah. The tree of life can be applied to our body soul and Spirit.
    There are 4 worlds and a tree in each world.

On each tree there are three pillars and the right left brain mentalities are manifestations of those pillars.
    Right brain people are very often left handed and artistic which I am.
    Nothing special in that other than there are less of us. When I was a kid many adults tried to stop you from being left handed. But right and left brain people can be complementary rather than opposed on a given issue or problem or project.

It is the center that is the trick. That is my point in using the stereo viewer as an analogy.
    But then it is not really an analogy at all. It is merely an example of how things work.
    Same principles working throughout all four worlds.
    It sounds like a good book.
    We all should try and approach that middle path/whole brain. I've tried to reach across and develope more of the left brain aspects into my thinking, but with limited success. I always snap back to my original starting point. I like being the way I am, except for the bad stuff, of course. We should alway keep improving.
    I am what I am. And I try rather to shoot for the middle from where I am.

The whole brain or middle pillar or however you would like to look at it is a quantum leap and it is a gift rather than an attainment in my way of thinking. It is equally accessable to either personality type.

Thanks for the tip I'll keep that book in mind,
    Bob

Hi Deb,

Quote Originally Posted by debz View Post
    Bob, is this where you're going...

Matt 6:22
    22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

Luke 11:34-36
    34 The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.
    35 Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.
    36 If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.

Jesus said if thine 'EYE' (singular) be 'single' … not if thine 'eyes' be… He is referring to the awakening of the pineal gland, or 'third eye,' that is being awakened now to bring us into a place where our 'whole body is full of light' (Adam walked in this…). This is the 'Most Holy Place' I referred to in the 'Tabernacle Blueprint' ;-) This is the time of fulfillment of "Tabernacles" ... where the light shines out of "Zion"/New Jerusalem....

Yes Deb this is part of it.
    But I think this verse says it even better,..
    Mt 18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
    Mt 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.
    Mt 18:11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

"To enter into life with one eye..." I don't think it is possible otherwise.
    So, just on a physical level the 3-D viewer tells us we are living according to ana interpretetion. But on a deeper level Jesus is saying that a certain interpretation (a single eye) is the key to entering Life.
    Interpretation in and of itself is not a bad thing. But the Universe is self-reflecting.
    A person who believes that they are under law and thus condemnation is correct.
    A person who believes that they are under Grace is also correct, yet they are living in an entirely different world.
    What is the difference between the two? how they interpret Reality.
    Our filter, our description, our doctrine, however you want to define it, colors our reality.

1co 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.
    1co 10:24 Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth.

1co 10:27 If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake.
    1co 10:28 But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that showed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof:

Paul was free from the law but knew that others had not yet had that awareness so he would not eat anything in front of them that would embolden them to eat, not having the full assurance of faith that they were not condemned because of it. Because if we break the law while still unsure of whether or not we are under the law or Grace we condemn ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by debz View Post
    'Later, Jacob is getting ready to go back to the land promised to him by the Lord when he prays for the Lord to bless him. It is here where he has the dream that he is wrestling the angel, and then he also receives a name change to 'Israel,' of which the root word is again Sar (sar = 555 in many places). The literal translation of what the angel declares is: 'You shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel; for as a prince thou hast had power with both God and men, and thou hast overcome.' Jacob then named the place Peniel, saying:

"I have seen God face to face, yet my life has been preserved." Now the sun rose upon him just as he crossed over Penuel, and he was limping on his thigh. Gen 32:29-32 NASU

This was the place where the birthright blessing was established and confirmed by a name change, in which Jacob was called an 'overcomer.' This was the place where he saw God 'face-to-face,' and the 'sun rose upon him' as he 'crossed over…'

'Penuel' is a play on words for the pineal gland…

This is the 'Day of the Lord' we are coming into the fullness of, as spoken of in Joel:

Joel 2:28-31
    28 'And afterward,
    I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
    Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
    your old men will dream dreams,
    your young men will see visions.
    29 Even on my servants, both men and women,
    I will pour out my Spirit in those days.
    30 I will show wonders in the heavens
    and on the earth,
    blood and fire and billows of smoke.
    31 The sun will be turned to darkness
    and the moon to blood
    before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD .

And at the "Dawning of the day" Jacob said, "Surely the Lord is in this place and I knew it not.." and he called the place the "Gate of Heaven"
    It was cetainly a threshold experience which he later passed on to his son Joseph as the Coat of Many Colors.
    Jacob experienced something and after some incubation time, Joseph knew what it was that Jacob had experienced. Because that "Land" was promised to his seed, which was Joseph.
    When we experience what Jacob did we understand that we are living in the Gate of Heaven.
    When we experience what Joseph did we realize we are Fellow Heirs,..inheritors.
    The difference seems subtle, but it is not. And we can come to both realizations at the same time.

But the promises are usually accepted by us a little at a time by revelation.
    Jacob realized that his body was the house of God and that the Land (his Reality) had been hidden from him.
    His interpretation of what was Real was lacking before this experience. He went through a "Gate" and going through that "Gate" he found himself in Heaven. He was still in the earth in a physical body. The Earth plane or Kingdom (Malkuth) so he had stepped into the "Kingdom of Heaven."

Joseph (remember these characters are US or a pattern that we also follow in waking up to reality.) took it a step further. He realized that the dream and the interpretation of the dream was from God.

Ge 40:8 And they said unto him, We have dreamed a dream, and there is no interpreter of it. And Joseph said unto them, Do not interpretations belong to God? tell me them, I pray you.

Ge 41:15 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I have dreamed a dream, and there is none that can interpret it: and I have heard say of thee, that thou canst understand a dream to interpret it.
    Ge 41:16 And Joseph answered Pharaoh, saying, It is not in me: God shall give Pharaoh an answer of peace.

As I said the Universe is self-reflecting. All the way back in Genesis we see the Spirit hovering over the Face "Sur-Face" of water,..Reflection. Trees produce fuit and the fruit has the seeds inside that cause them to produce after their kind. Same with plants and animals. And human beings. As a man thinketh In His Heart, so is he.

Joseph is a figure for Christ, but he is also a figure for us. He spoke little but accomplished much. He gave interpretations not based upon his own ides but said that God gave him the interpretations.
    He said that interpretationgs "Belonged to God."

More later, some good points Deb.

Bob

Thread Information