Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread

Barefoot Gospel ?

"Take off your shoes, for you are standing on Holy Ground", Ex3:5

We assume that Moses complied with this directive of God and remained barefoot for some unknown period of time. Not until Paul's letter to the Ephesians did we learn about the "NEW SHOES", the preparation of the Gospel. New Shoes!

"Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace", Eph6:14,15

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth". 2Tim2:15 (Bible Study is important!)

"And the LORD said, Like as my servant Isaiah hath walked naked and barefoot three years for a sign and wonder upon Egypt and upon Ethiopia". Isa20:3

The Christian WALK is emphasized over and over again walking by faith, walking in love, walking in truth, walking like Enoch walked, walking in the Spirit, and when Jesus walked on the water it highlighted this Bible characteristic in a spectacular way !!
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    "Take off your shoes, for you are standing on Holy Ground", Ex3:5

We assume that Moses complied with this directive of God and remained barefoot for some unknown period of time. Not until Paul's letter to the Ephesians did we learn about the "NEW SHOES", the preparation of the Gospel. New Shoes!

"Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace", Eph6:14,15

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth". 2Tim2:15 (Bible Study is important!)

"And the LORD said, Like as my servant Isaiah hath walked naked and barefoot three years for a sign and wonder upon Egypt and upon Ethiopia". Isa20:3

The Christian WALK is emphasized over and over again walking by faith, walking in love, walking in truth, walking like Enoch walked, walking in the Spirit, and when Jesus walked on the water it highlighted this Bible characteristic in a spectacular way !!
    Hi duxrow,

I like your name. Is that like "all your dux in a row"?

Walking in the opposite direction is equally instructive. We're all walking somewhere, aren't we?

"These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage" Jud 1:16

"
    Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts" 2Pe 3:3

"But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God" 2Co 4:2

"
    They are all grievous revolters, walking with slanders: they are brass and iron; they are all corrupters" Jer 6:28

Here's a question for you. All these people that these verses are talking about, are they just regular unsaved people, or are they hypocrites, false teachers, false prophets, etc?

Since Jesus did not come to condemn, I find that He only and ever is reaching out to people in love but saves His strongest condemnation for hypocrites. Why would He kick a man when he is already down? But Jesus, does not like "bullies" very much, does He?

Thanks for posting, good food for thought.

Rick
    Last edited by heb13-13; 12-03-2011 at 06:40 PM.

There is no other book like the Bible in the world where you have to know the Author to understand the book. If Christianity were the religion of the Book then it would be no different than any other religion in the world. But, Christianity is Christ! It is the dynamic, personal Spirit of God functioning in man.

Answering the Skeptics Bible

Quote Originally Posted by heb13-13 View Post
    Hi duxrow,
    I like your name. Is that like "all your dux in a row"?
    "[/SIZE][/SIZE]They are all grievous revolters, walking with slanders: they are brass and iron; they are all corrupters" Jer 6:28
    Here's a question for you. All these people that these verses are talking about, are they just regular unsaved people, or are they hypocrites, false teachers, false prophets, etc?
    Walk, walk, walk, walk,,,,,,walk in the light of God. (that's a cool song, do you know it?)
    Rick
    Thanks Rick, and as for your question: They're probably just like you and me and the way we were....

Yep, Ducks In A Row is a poetry book I wrote in the 90's.
    Your avatar fits well with this subject, but did you think of him as barefoot?
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Hi guys!

HYPOCRITE is the english equivalent for the Gk. word ACTOR, and in english, the sentence," They're just putting on a show," is most apropos.

Murmurers, complainers, slanderers, walking after their own lusts, etc. more fits the bill of those wandering in the wilderness.
    Check out the rebellion of Korah or many other various incidents wherein these things apply.

Anyway, Yaweh was so put out with them, that the journey from Egypt to the promised land being at minimum (at that time) an eleven day trip took them fourty years, and only two of that whole company of millions did not die in that very wilderness.

The issue at stake is fearing God with unquestioning obedience -vs- unbelief.

The above mentioned may or may not be hypocrites.
    (There are alot of sincere people who are sincerely going to hell.)

How's that two cents fer ya,

Barefoot Timmy
    Last edited by Timmy; 12-03-2011 at 07:28 PM.
    The mind grows by taking in
    :Mesiras Nefesh:
    THE HEART GROWS BY GIVING OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Hi guys!

HYPOCRITE is the english equivalent for the Gk. word ACTOR, and in english, the sentence," They're just putting on a show," is most apropos.

Murmurers, complainers, slanderers, walking after their own lusts, etc. more fits the bill of those wandering in the wilderness.
    Check out the rebellion of Korah or many other various incidents wherein these things apply.

Anyway, Yaweh was so put out with them, that the journey from Egypt to the promised land being at minimum (at that time) an eleven day trip took them fourty years, and only two of that whole company of millions did not die in that very wilderness.

The issue at stake is fearing God with unquestioning obedience -vs- unbelief.

The above mentioned may or may not be hypocrites.
    (There are alot of sincere people who are sincerely going to hell.)

How's that two cents fer ya,

Barefoot Timmy
    Hey there Tim Timmy Tim Tim!

Love your new avatar dude! That rocks! It's so cool on many levels. It's an "Escher Sketch" - pun on "Etch-a-Sketch."

And I didn't know that "hypocrite" - which does indeed come from Greek - actually refered to "stage actors." That's insightful. That is, after all, what a hypocrite does - pretend to be other than he is.

When I read that an eleven day journey took forty years, something inside of my jumps up and says "Hyperhole!"

Are we really supposed to believe it literally? I wonder if the original authors would laugh at us as fools if they knew we took it that way.

"Fearing God" requires knoweldge of God. As long as God remains hypothetical he can't much be feared.

So you really believe that sincere people will be going to hell? I'ld like to know more what you think about that.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Thanks Rick, and as for your question: They're probably just like you and me and the way we were....

Yep, Ducks In A Row is a poetry book I wrote in the 90's.
    Your avatar fits well with this subject, but did you think of him as barefoot?
    Hi Bob,

If you look real close you will notice the shoes he is wearing. They are the only shoes we are allowed to wear on "holy ground".

I normally don't go anywhere without them. When I do, I usually get bitten (offended) by something.

Name:  shoes of peace.png
Views: 18
Size:  60.1 KB

Peace-out,
    Rick

There is no other book like the Bible in the world where you have to know the Author to understand the book. If Christianity were the religion of the Book then it would be no different than any other religion in the world. But, Christianity is Christ! It is the dynamic, personal Spirit of God functioning in man.

Quote Originally Posted by heb13-13 View Post
    Hi Bob,

If you look real close you will notice the shoes he is wearing. They are the only shoes we are allowed to wear on "holy ground".

I normally don't go anywhere without them. When I do, I usually get bitten (offended) by something.

Name:  shoes of peace.png
Views: 18
Size:  60.1 KB

Peace-out,
    Rick
    Hey Rick,

If you could find an extra pair of those, maybe you could give them the the Grand Inquisitor. She could really use a pair!

They look good on you man.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Hey Rick,

If you could find an extra pair of those, maybe you could give them the the Grand Inquisitor. She could really use a pair!

They look good on you man.

Richard
    Thanks Richard,

I was surprised they actually had my size. They're custom made,,, you have to get a personal fitting.
    Last edited by heb13-13; 12-03-2011 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Hey there Tim Timmy Tim Tim!

Love your new avatar dude! That rocks! It's so cool on many levels. It's an "Escher Sketch" - pun on "Etch-a-Sketch."

And I didn't know that "hypocrite" - which does indeed come from Greek - actually refered to "stage actors." That's insightful. That is, after all, what a hypocrite does - pretend to be other than he is.

When I read that an eleven day journey took forty years, something inside of my jumps up and says "Hyperhole!"

Are we really supposed to believe it literally? I wonder if the original authors would laugh at us as fools if they knew we took it that way.

"Fearing God" requires knoweldge of God. As long as God remains hypothetical he can't much be feared.

So you really believe that sincere people will be going to hell? I'ld like to know more what you think about that.
    RAM
    ...and what do you thing of your forum pseudoname being in the Matthew's geneology of YHShVH?
    Oh big Kahuna, mayhaps ancient of days might fit in there somewhere?

...and the pentametric way you call on me rockZ!

M.C.'s got it goin' on but apparently you are an art/philosphy lover yourself, with Georges' poinitllism on the front page.
    Escher was noted for his symetry while delving into 1920's art (my fave!).
    Dada anti-art and Surrealism are particularly of interst here.
    With Escher, for me it's all about disabiguation and redefining mathematical parameters.
    (Yeah that new avatar icon says more than any expose on Timmy ever could, being so praeter-normally inclined. Besides, the other 10 words icon seemed like everything was written in stone.)

Yeah, when the picture of hypocrite was learned here, everything around me took on a different light, too.

Whether we choose to take the whole Exodus episode literally is up to us. Biblical historic accounts are for our example, to learn and live accordingly.
    Hyperbole no doubt! The prophetic 11 at the onset and fourty years of testing with even the physical leader of the band dead...it leaves plenty of food for thought.

The "going to hell" was an and should have been "There are plenty of sincere people sincerely wrong."

Accordingly, i do affirm the "going to hell" previously stated.

You are right. Who fears the hypothetical.

There is form and there is force.

Bygone (pseudo(?))-scientists for example, (you know, the gold transmuters and so on and on) symbolised aspects of existence as: earth,air,fire, water and aether. Today physicists symbolise these same things as: mass, space, energy, time and force.
    So how far have we come from the caveman or tribalistic anthropomorphiZation?

Behind every active objectivity/symbolism in our lives is a principle afoot, it's force to be reconed with in one way or another.

God Bless us everyone,
    Timmy
    The mind grows by taking in
    :Mesiras Nefesh:
    THE HEART GROWS BY GIVING OUT

Thread Information