Google Ads

Poll: What is the Bible?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Hey there weeder,

Welcome to our forum!

I don't know why you couldn't vote. Maybe it had something to to with the fact you hadn't posted yet and your account was still on "probation" (to protect against spammers). Please try again and let me know if it works now.

All the best,

Richard
    Thankx for the welcome Richard.

Your view of the Bible seems very rational at first glance but it raises some very difficult issues. Does the Bible have any authority at all? It is filled with apparently fallacious mythology which is exactly what we would expect if it were just a "human record of experiences with God." So how do we sort out the truth from the falsehood? And how does my personal diary of my experiences with "God" differ from the Bible?
    Your dairy and their revelation would reflect the truth of what is experienced, unless one has no integrity.
    I would argue that God chose those who would faithfully document what really transpired,and not exaggerate it. Most of those who were chosen to deliver Gods revelation, didnt really want the job. They knew it could work out very badly for them, and who would listen anyway. Yet God desired to warn/inform the people and off they went.

Your suggestion that the "main thrust of his plan was to restore mankind to an edenic experience" is based on the mythology of the Garden of Eden and Adam and Eve. Do you think those stories are true? Do you think the first people came into existence only 6000 years ago?
    I think the storys true. Man had a beginning where he didnt have to wonder if there was a GOD. He walked and talked with him,then more or less walked away....and died. The rest of the bible is about how God would restore what has been lost.
    Somehow he had to legitamately free mankind from death and offer the fruit of the tree of life once more.........anyone hungry?

Quote Originally Posted by weeder View Post
    Thankx for the welcome Richard.

I would argue that God chose those who would faithfully document what really transpired,and not exaggerate it. Most of those who were chosen to deliver Gods revelation, didnt really want the job. They knew it could work out very badly for them, and who would listen anyway. Yet God desired to warn/inform the people and off they went.

I think the storys true. Man had a beginning where he didnt have to wonder if there was a GOD. He walked and talked with him,then more or less walked away....and died. The rest of the bible is about how God would restore what has been lost.
    Somehow he had to legitamately free mankind from death and offer the fruit of the tree of life once more.........anyone hungry?
    Welcome Weeder!

Thanks for sharing one of the most brief, and yet comprehensive summaries of the Scripture! Well stated!

John

Logos-

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    I think I know what you mean, but that old logos vs. rhema teaching came from the ignorant word of faith teachers who don't have a clue about anything in the Bible. The words logos and rhema are functionally synonymous in the New Testament.

The Logos is root word for logic, and rhema is root word for utterance, and it helps to use the logos prior to the rhema -- like thinking about it before it comes out of your mouth -- also like poetry, or planning ahead for what you're going to say. And "whatsoever is not of faith, is Sin!" Welcome, sinner!
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

The Two Covenants figure here. The 1st Covenant (Old Covenant for the Jews) was the SEEING covenant --- they SAW the iron float and the walls come down, so they knew God was no figment of their imagination, but now the New Covenant is the ‘Hearing’ and faith comes by hearing and hearing. The first two sons of Leah (Reuben and Simeon) illustrate – by what Mama said when they were born, and then Simeon is hostage waiting for Benjamin, like WE are waiting for return of Jesus.
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Thread Information