Google Ads

Poll: What is the Bible?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Poll: What is the Bible?

Pretty much everyone has an opinion about what the Bible really is. And since this is the Bible Wheel forum where we talk about the Bible every day, I think it would be very helpful if we had an idea of how people viewed Scripture.

It would be great also if you took a few minutes to expand upon your answer.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Not from this world...from the other side
    Wait a minute, is this poll accurate? Can it be made in such a way that there will not be repeated voters and no multiple choice. Each voter should only be entitled to one vote on;y and only one best choice answer. If this is not possible then the voting is not fair and can be manipulated. RAM, please restart the polls after such criterias of fairness are ensured otherwise the poll is biased and a waste of time.

God's Blessings to all.
    Last edited by CWH; 11-26-2011 at 01:15 PM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Wait a minute, is this poll accurate? Can it be made in such a way that there will not be repeated voters and no multiple choice. Each voter should only be entitled to one vote on;y and only one best choice answer. If this is not possible then the voting is not fair and can be manipulated.

God's Blessings to all.
    Each person can only vote once, but they can select as many options as they like. You can see who voted by clicking on the number of votes for each category.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Come on folks! We need more voters

I really would like to know what people think ...

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    I really would like to know what people think ...

Seeing as i am not allowed to vote ,ill tell ya.

It is a human record of experiences with GOD, and a good and honest one at that.

God establishes a people ( Hebrews) for the purpose of revealing himself and his plan for mankind. The Bible is therefore a collection of writings of those he chose from this nation, to reveal what he has and will do.
    The main thrust of this plan was to restore mankind to an edenic experience, where death and pain and sickness and woe are overcome and no longer an issue.

sounds rather nice.

Here we vote of it as other, being Logos and rhema packed into one, recorded by men with a whole lotta' parabolic imagery to make things understandable from a perspective not our own.

Timmy
    The mind grows by taking in
    :Mesiras Nefesh:
    THE HEART GROWS BY GIVING OUT

Quote Originally Posted by weeder View Post

Seeing as i am not allowed to vote ,ill tell ya.

It is a human record of experiences with GOD, and a good and honest one at that.

God establishes a people ( Hebrews) for the purpose of revealing himself and his plan for mankind. The Bible is therefore a collection of writings of those he chose from this nation, to reveal what he has and will do.
    The main thrust of this plan was to restore mankind to an edenic experience, where death and pain and sickness and woe are overcome and no longer an issue.

sounds rather nice.
    Hey there weeder,

Welcome to our forum!

I don't know why you couldn't vote. Maybe it had something to to with the fact you hadn't posted yet and your account was still on "probation" (to protect against spammers). Please try again and let me know if it works now.

Your view of the Bible seems very rational at first glance but it raises some very difficult issues. Does the Bible have any authority at all? It is filled with apparently fallacious mythology which is exactly what we would expect if it were just a "human record of experiences with God." So how do we sort out the truth from the falsehood? And how does my personal diary of my experiences with "God" differ from the Bible?

Your suggestion that the "main thrust of his plan was to restore mankind to an edenic experience" is based on the mythology of the Garden of Eden and Adam and Eve. Do you think those stories are true? Do you think the first people came into existence only 6000 years ago?

All the best,

Richard

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Here we vote of it as other, being Logos and rhema packed into one, recorded by men with a whole lotta' parabolic imagery to make things understandable from a perspective not our own.

Timmy
    I think I know what you mean, but that old logos vs. rhema teaching came from the ignorant word of faith teachers who don't have a clue about anything in the Bible. The words logos and rhema are functionally synonymous in the New Testament.

Check out my blog site

The Bible accurately defines the condition of man's heart. Jeremiah 17:9 & 10, "The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked; who can know it? I the Lord search the heart and try the reigns, to give to every man according to his works and the fruit of his ways.

The Bible also supplies the remedy and the solution to man's dilemma, the Righteouness of Christ.

The Bible promises a new creation and the hope of eternal life.

The Bible foretells with great accuracy and detail events before they occur.

The Bible maintains a consistent theme from Genesis to Revelation.

The Bible reveals the character and nature of God and ascribes all of creation as His handiwork.

The Bible is the Word of God and the Truth of God and will survive the entire course of man's history.

Let all His saints Praise His Holy Name Forever and Ever!!!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    I think I know what you mean, but that old logos vs. rhema teaching came from the ignorant word of faith teachers who don't have a clue about anything in the Bible. The words logos and rhema are functionally synonymous in the New Testament.
    Agreed; thus, "packed into one."

Timmy
    The mind grows by taking in
    :Mesiras Nefesh:
    THE HEART GROWS BY GIVING OUT

Thread Information