Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,295
    [QUOTE=CWH;38198]

    Natural laws are created by God...mathematics, physics, chemistry etc. they do not happened by nature. That is why I said the study of science is the study of God's creation. A good example is elements, if they were not formed in the first place, where is the science of chemistry, medicine, biology etc? Without energy being formed in the first place, where is the science of physics, nuclear energy? Without air and gravity being formed in the first place, where is the science of aerodynamics? Without fauna and flora created in the first place, where is the science of ecology?


    May God gives us His wisdom and understandings.
    Hi Cheow,

    If you believe that mathematics, physics, chemistry etc are created by God, then why don't you believe the scientific explanation of evolution which is based on facts discovered through biology, physics and chemistry ect?

    All the best
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,334
    [QUOTE=Rose;38204]
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post

    Hi Cheow,

    If you believe that mathematics, physics, chemistry etc are created by God, then why don't you believe the scientific explanation of evolution which is based on facts discovered through biology, physics and chemistry ect?

    All the best
    Rose
    I married a genius.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,229
    [QUOTE=Rose;38204]
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post

    Hi Cheow,

    If you believe that mathematics, physics, chemistry etc are created by God, then why don't you believe the scientific explanation of evolution which is based on facts discovered through biology, physics and chemistry ect?

    All the best
    Rose
    Because there are just too many problems with the theory of evolution. Only when all these problems ironed out, will the theory of evolution be credible. Otherwise, it is just as good as trash:

    http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evolu.../evidences.htm

    1. MOON DUST

    Meteoritic dust falls on the earth continuously, adding up to thousands, if not millions, of tons of dust per year. Realizing this, and knowing that the moon also had meteoritic dust piling up for what they thought was millions of years, N.A.S.A. scientists were worried that the first lunar ship that landed would sink into the many feet of dust which should have accumulated.

    However, only about one-eight of an inch of dust was found, indicating a young moon.

    Meteoritic material contributes nickel to the oceans. Taking the amount of nickel in the oceans and the supply from meteoritic dust yields an age figure for the earth of just several thousand years, not the millions (or billions) expressed by evolutionists. This, and the lack of meteoritic dust piles on the earth, lend to the belief in a young earth.


    2. MAGNETIC FIELD

    The earth's magnetic field is decaying rapidly, at a constant (if not decreasing) rate. At this rate, 8000 years ago the earth's magnetism would have equaled that of a magnetic star, a highly unlikely occurrence. Also, if electric currents in the earth's core are responsible for the earth's magnetism, the heat generated by these currents 20,000 years ago would have dissolved the earth.


    3. FOSSIL RECORD

    Charles Darwin stated, in his Origin of Species, "The geological record is extremely imperfect and this fact will to a large extent explain why we do not find intermediate varieties, connecting together all the extinct and existing forms of life by the finest graduated steps. He who rejects these views on the nature of the geological record, will rightly reject my whole theory."

    Now, 130 years and billions of fossils later, we can rightly reject the view of an incomplete fossil record or of one "connecting together all . . . forms of life by the finest graduated steps."

    Out of the millions of fossils in the world, not one transitional form has been found. All known species show up abruptly in the fossil record, without intermediate forms, thus contributing to the fact of special creation. Let's take a look at Archeopteryx, a fossil that some evolutionists claim to be transitional between reptile and bird.

    Archeopteryx is discussed in evolutionist Francis Hitching's book, The Neck of the Giraffe - Where Darwin Went Wrong. Hitching speaks on six aspects of Archeopteryx, following here.

    (The following six points are quoted from Luther Sunderland's book, Darwin's Enigma: Fossils and Other Problems, pp. 74-75, the facts of which points he gathered from Hitching's book.)

    1. It had a long bony tail, like a reptile's.

    In the embryonic stage, some living birds have more tail vertebrae than Archeopteryx. They later fuse to become an upstanding bone called the pygostyle. The tail bone and feather arrangement on swans are very similar to those of Archeopteryx.

    One authority claims that there is no basic difference between the ancient and modern forms: the difference lies only in the fact that the caudal vertebrae are greatly prolonged. But this does not make a reptile.

    2. It had claws on its feet and on its feathered forelimbs.

    However, many living birds such as the hoatzin in South America, the touraco in Africa and the ostrich also have claws. In 1983, the British Museum of Natural History displayed numerous species within nine families of birds with claws on the wings.

    3. It had teeth.

    Modern birds do not have teeth but many ancient birds did, particularly those in the Mesozoic. There is no suggestion that these birds were transitional. The teeth do not show the connection of Archeopteryx with any other animal since every subclass of vertebrates has some with teeth and some without.

    4. It had a shallow breastbone.

    Various modern flying birds such as the hoatzin have similarly shallow breastbones, and this does not disqualify them from being classified as birds. And there are, of course, many species of nonflying birds, both living and extinct.

    Recent examination of Archeopteryx's feathers has shown that they are the same as the feathers of modern birds that are excellent fliers. Dr. Ostrom says that there is no question that they are the same as the feathers of modern birds. They are asymmetrical with a center shaft and parallel barbs like those of today's flying birds.

    5. Its bones were solid, not hollow, like a bird's.

    This idea has been refuted because the long bones of Archeopteryx are now known to be hollow.

    6. It predates the general arrival of birds by millions of years.

    This also has been refuted by recent paleontological discoveries. In 1977 a geologist from Brigham Young University, James A. Jensen, discovered in the Dry Mesa quarry of the Morrison formation in western Colorado a fossil of an unequivocal bird in Lower Jurassic rock.

    This deposit is dated as 60-million years older than the Upper Jurassic rock in which Archeopteryx was found. He first found the rear-leg femur and, later, the remainder of the skeleton.

    This was reported in Science News 24 September 1977. Professor John Ostrom commented, "It is obvious we must now look for the ancestors of flying birds in a period of time much older than that in which Archeopteryx lived."

    And so it goes with the fossil that many textbooks set forth as the best example of a transitional form. No true intermediate fossils have been found.

    In a letter to Luther Sunderland, dated April 10, 1979, Dr. Colin Patterson, of the British Museum of Natural History, wrote:

    "...I fully agree with your comments on the lack of direct illustration of evolutionary transitions in my book. If I knew of any, fossil or living, I would certainly have included them. You suggest that an artist should be used to visualise such transformations, but where would he get the information from? I could not, honestly, provide it, and if I were to leave it to artistic licence, would that not mislead the reader?"

    Just think of it! Here is a man sitting amidst one of the greatest fossil collections ever and he knows of absolutely NO transitional fossils. So convincing I believe this quote to be that it will sum up this discussion on fossil evidence.


    4. EMBRYONIC RECAPITULATION

    Darwin said that embryological evidence was "second to none in importance." The idea of embryonic recapitulation, or the theory that higher life forms go through the previous evolutionary chain before birth, was popularized by Ernst Haeckel in 1866. It was later found that Haeckel forged the diagrams which he used is evidence for the theory.

    The main arguments for embryonic recapitulation are the supposed "gill slits" (left over from fish), "yolk sac" (left over from the reptile stage), and "tail" (from the monkeys) in the human embryo. The gill slits, so called, are never slits, nor do they ever function in respiration. They are actually four pairs of pharyngeal pouches: the first pair become germ-fighting organs; the second, the two middle ear canals; the third and fourth pairs become the important parathyroid and thymus glands.

    The yolk sac does not store food because the mother's body provides this to the embryo. In fact, the "yolk sac" is not a yolk sac at all, but its true function is to produce the first blood cells.

    The "tail" is just the tip of the spine extending beyond the muscles of the embryo. The end of this will eventually become the coccyx, which is instrumental in the ability to stand and sit as humans do.

    Also arguing against recapitulation is the fact that different higher life forms experience different stages in different orders, and often contrary to the assumed evolutionary order.


    5. PROBABILITY

    The science of probability has not been favorable to evolutionary theory, even with the theory's loose time restraints. Dr. James Coppedge, of the Center for Probability Research in Biology in California, made some amazing calculations. Dr. Coppedge

    "applied all the laws of probability studies to the possibility of a single cell coming into existence by chance. He considered in the same way a single protein molecule, and even a single gene. His discoveries are revolutionary. He computed a world in which the entire crust of the earth - all the oceans, all the atoms, and the whole crust were available. He then had these amino acids bind at a rate one and one-half trillion times faster than they do in nature. In computing the possibilities, he found that to provide a single protein molecule by chance combination would take 10, to the 262nd power, years." (That is, the number 1 followed by 262 zeros.) "To get a single cell - the single smallest living cell known to mankind - which is called the mycroplasm hominis H39, would take 10, to the 119,841st power, years. That means that if you took thin pieces of paper and wrote 1 and then wrote zeros after (it), you would fill up the entire known universe with paper before you could ever even write that number. That is how many years it would take to make one living cell, smaller than any human cell!"

    According to Emile Borel, a French scientist and expert in the area of probability, an event on the cosmic level with a probability of less than 1 out of 10, to the 50th power, will not happen. The probability of producing one human cell by chance is 10, to the 119,000 power.

    Sir Fred Hoyle, British mathematician and astronomer, was quoted in Nature magazine, November 12, 1981, as saying "The chance that higher life forms might have emerged in this way (evolution) is comparable with the chance that a tornado sweeping through a junk-yard might assemble a Boeing 747 from the materials therein."

    As one can readily see, here is yet one more test that evolution theory has flunked.


    6. SECOND LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS

    The second law of thermodynamics states that although the total amount of energy remains constant, the amount of usable energy is constantly decreasing. This law can be seen in most everything. Where work is done, energy is expelled. That energy can never again be used. As usable energy decreases, decay increases. Herein lies the problem for evolution. If the natural trend is toward degeneration, then evolution is impossible, for it demands the betterment of organisms through mutation.

    Some try to sidestep this law by saying that it applies only to closed environments. They say the earth is an open environment, collecting energy from the sun. However, Dr. Duane Gish has put forth four conditions that must be met in order for complexity to be generated in an environment.

    1. The system must be an open system.
    2. An adequate external energy force must be available.
    3. The system must possess energy conversion mechanisms.
    4. A control mechanism must exist within the system for directing, maintaining and replicating these energy conversion mechanisms.
    The second law clearly presents another insurmountable barrier to evolutionary idealism.


    7. VESTIGIAL ORGANS

    Vestigial organs are supposed organs in the body which are useless, left over from evolutionary development. The following arguments for vestigial organs are based on those taken from the "Bible Science Newsletter," August 1989, p. 16.

    1. Just because we don't yet know the role of an organ does not mean it is useless and left over from previous stages of evolution.

    2. This view is plain false. In the 1800's, evolutionists listed 180 vestigial organs in the human body. The functions for all have now been found. Some of these were the pituitary gland (oversees skeletal growth), the thymus (an endocrine gland), the pineal gland (affects the development of the sex glands), the tonsils, and appendix (both now known to fight disease.)

    3. The fact that an organ must sometimes be removed does not make it vestigial.

    4. The fact that one can live without an organ (appendix, tonsils) does not make it vestigial. You can survive without an arm or a kidney but these are not considered vestigial.

    5. Organs are not vestigial based upon your need or use of them.

    6. According to evolution, if an organ has lost its value, it should, over time, vanish completely. There has been enough time to lose these "vestigial" organs, but we still have them.

    7. If organs do become useless, this would back up the second law of thermodynamics and the degenerative process, not evolution, which requires adaptation of organs for new purposes.

    8. Vestigial organs prove loss, not evolutionary progression. Evolution theory requires new organs forming for useful purposes, not "old ones" dying out.

    9. Evolutionists have, for the most part, given up the argument over vestigial organs.


    8. FOSSIL AND FOSSIL FUEL FORMATION

    Evolutionists like to tell us that at least thousands of years are needed to form the fossils and fuels (such as coal and oil) that we find today. However, objects must be buried rapidly in order to fossilize. This, bearing also in mind the billions of fossils and fossil fuels buried around the world, seems to indicate a worldwide catastrophe. None other than, you guessed it, Noah's flood.

    Ken Ham, director of the Australia-based Creation Science Foundation, presents some interesting facts in seminars which he gives. Oil can now be made in a few minutes in a laboratory. Black coal can also be formed at an astonishing rate. Ham also has in his overlay presentation a photograph of a fossilized miner's hat, about fifty years old. All that is necessary for fossilization is quick burial and the right conditions, not thousands of years.


    9. PUNCTUATED EQUILIBRIA

    Seeing the problem of gradual evolution with the fossil record, and the obvious abrupt appearances of species, Drs. Stephen Jay Gould and Niles Eldredge have formed the theory of punctuated equilibria. Punctuated equilibria, is, by example, a bird giving birth to a mammal, thus leaving no transitional fossils in the geological record.

    Many top evolutionists disagree with this position. And punctuated equilibria has its problems, too. For instance, in the above case, of a bird bearing a mammal, another mammal of the same kind of the opposite sex must be born at the same approximate time in the same area in order for the new species to continue. The odds of just one organism appearing this way, let alone two fulfilling the circumstances above, are astronomical.


    10. HOMOLOGY/MOLECULAR BIOLOGY

    Homology is the similarity of structures between different types of organisms. Some have argued that these similarities are evidence of one common ancestor. However, as Sunderland points out, when the concentration of red blood cells is used, utilizing the ideas of homology, man is more closely related to frogs, fish, and birds than to sheep.

    But now, with the development of molecular biology we are able to make a comparison of the same cells in different species, which adds a whole new dimension to homology. Unfortunately, for the evolutionists, molecular biology does as all other evidences do: presents greater argument against evolution theory.

    In molecular biology, proteins of the same type in different organisms can be tested for difference in amino acid makeup. The figure resulting is converted into a percentage. The lower the percentage, the less difference there is between the proteins. Dr. Michael Denton, in experiments with Cytochrome C, a protein that converts food into energy, and hemoglobin, found the following.



    Cytochrome C Differences Cytochrome C Differences

    Bacterium to Six Organisms Silkmoth to Vertebrates
    to yeast . . . . . . . 69% to lamprey . . . . .27%
    to wheat . . . . . . . 66% to carp. . . . . . .25%
    to silkmoth. . . . . . 65% to pigeon. . . . . .26%
    to tuna. . . . . . . . 65% to turtle. . . . . .25%
    to pigeon. . . . . . . 64% to horse . . . . . .30%
    to horse . . . . . . . 64%

    Cytochrome C Differences Hemoglobin Differences

    Carp to Terrestrial Vertebrates Lamprey to Other Vertebrates
    to bullfrog. . . . . . 13% to human . . . . . .73%
    to turtle. . . . . . . 13% to kangaroo. . . . .76%
    to chicken . . . . . . 14% to chicken . . . . .78%
    to rabbit. . . . . . . 13% to frog. . . . . . .76%
    to horse . . . . . . . 13% to carp. . . . . . .75%
    Dr. Denton states, "There is not a trace at a molecular level of the traditional evolutionary series: fish to amphibian to reptile to mammal. Incredibly man is closer to lamprey than are fish." The evidence is clear; evolution is struck another hard blow!


    11. DATING METHODS

    Many of the radiometric dating methods used for determining the age of fossils are quite unreliable. Carbon-14 dating is usually sound within a few hundred years span of time. But there are exceptions to this. For example, a living mollusk was dated using the carbon-14 method. The readings said it had been dead for 3000 years.

    Lava rocks from a volcano in Hawaii which erupted in 1801 were tested, using the potassium-argon method. The readings showed them to be nearly 3 billion years old. Moon rocks were tested by various radiometric methods, yielding dates ranging from 700 million to 28 billion years.

    Dating methods such as potassium-argon, uranium-lead, and rubidium-strontium, are based on assumptions. These methods are based on chemical change (uranium to lead, etc.) where the parent material (ie., uranium) is converted to the daughter material (ie., lead) at a known rate, called a half-life. These methods cannot be trusted on the basis that too little is known. In order to come up with a correct date, you must know:

    1. how much of the parent material was in it at the start,
    2. how much of the daughter material was in it at the start, &
    3. if there has been some type of contamination since.
    In obtaining dates now, scientists assume the answers to or ignore these questions. The fact is that we cannot know how old a specimen is unless we were there when it was formed.


    12. DINOSAURS

    Evolutionists insist that dinosaurs died out millions of years before man appeared. However, there are many reasons to disbelieve this. There are the stories of animals much like dinosaurs in the legends of many lands. These creatures were called dragons.

    Many times in the recent past, explorers have recorded sightings of flying reptiles much like the pterodactyl. Human footprints were found along with those of a dinosaur in limestone near the Paluxy River in Texas.

    Also not to be tossed aside is the possibility of dinosaurs living today. Consider the stories such as the Loch Ness monster (of which many convincing photographs have been taken). Some have claimed to see dinosaur-like creatures in isolated areas of the world.

    Recently, a Japanese fishing boat pulled up a carcass of a huge animal that intensely resembled a dinosaur. A group of scientists on an expedition into a jungle looking for dinosaur evidence claims that they witnessed one, but their camera was damaged.

    However, they tape recorded the roar of the beast. This recording was checked. The voice patterns on it did not resemble those of any other roaring. You decide. At any rate, the evidence that man and dinosaur did live together at one time poses another problem for the evolutionists.

    "But if the dinosaurs lived at the same time as man, they would have had to have been on the Ark, and that's impossible!" Is it? The ark was about one and one-half football fields long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet tall. It had a cubic footage of 1,518,750.

    There would have been plenty of room on the Ark for the dinosaurs (especially considering that only a few were of the enormous size of Tyrannosaurus or "Brontosaurus.") Also, the Bible states that Noah was to take two of every kind onto the Ark. Many dinosaurs and reptiles were of the same kind, but much smaller. Dinosaurs pose no problem for creation science.


    13. SUN'S DIAMETER

    The sun's diameter is shrinking at the rate of five feet per hour. At this rate, life could not have existed on the earth 100,000 years ago.


    14. NILE RIVER'S OVERFLOW

    Measurements of the sediment deposited as a result of Nile's flooding each year leads to the conclusion of an earth under 30,000 years old. Considering a few larger than normal overflows would place the age of the earth close to the biblical account.


    15. EARTH'S ROTATION

    The spin rate of the earth is slowing .00002 second per year. If the earth were the billions of years old that the evolutionists say it is, the centrifugal force would have notably deformed the earth.


    16. WRITTEN RECORD

    The 22nd edition of Robert Young's concordance lists thirty-seven ancient written accounts which all place the date for creation at no earlier than 7000 B.C.


    17. THE BIBLE

    Lastly, and most importantly, the Bible says that God created the universe and every living thing, so the world must have been created. In denying this we call God a liar. And so you can see how evolution theory undermines the omniscience and even the existence of God. And if there is no God, why not do our own thing? Or if God is not all-knowing, indeed, a liar, why put our trust in Him? Evolution theory logically leads to these humanistic ideas. Christians must take a stand for the Word of God, or be accountable on that judgment day for the souls of those whom we did not warn.


    18. My addition: Living Fossils
    Animals that were living millions of years ago remains unchanged to this day with no speck of evolution when thety should have been extinct or evolved.

    God Blessings to all.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,334
    Hey there CWH,

    If evolution is false, where do you think the animals came from?

    If you reject evolution because of some "problems" then you must totally reject any theory that says "God did it" since there is zero evidence for that. So how then do you explain how the animals got here?

    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,229
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Hey there CWH,

    If evolution is false, where do you think the animals came from?

    If you reject evolution because of some "problems" then you must totally reject any theory that says "God did it" since there is zero evidence for that. So how then do you explain how the animals got here?

    Richard
    Same as I would ask of you, how do you explain inanimate proteins turning into living cells? And how spirit/soul enters or live into the living being?

    The animals, plants and all living things were created by manipulating their DNAs. One day humans will be able to create new animals and plants with predictable outcomes by doing so. What I mean by predictable outcome is that they will be able to tell the characteristics, behaviors, color, shapes, sizes of the animals before they are created from manipulating their DNAs. Just like scientists are able to know the characteristics of elements and future elements based on the Periodic Tables. Do you agree? When that time comes, the theory of evolution will be proven false. Please see wiki on genetic engineering and the first synthetic life bacteria using DNA injected into an "empty" cell in 2010:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_engineering

    Excerpt:
    In 2010, scientists at the J. Craig Venter Institute, announced that they had created the first synthetic bacterial genome, and added it to a cell containing no DNA. The resulting bacterium, named Synthia, was the world's first synthetic life form.



    May God blessed us with His understanding.
    Last edited by CWH; 12-15-2011 at 09:26 PM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,334
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Same as I would ask of you, how do you explain inanimate proteins turning into living cells? And how spirit/soul enters or live into the living being?
    It's not the "same" at all.

    Science explains everything that we have explanations for. You have not explained anything by saying "God did it."

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    The animals, plants and all living things were created by manipulating their DNAs. One day humans will be able to create new animals and plants with predictable outcomes by doing so. What I mean by predictable outcome is that they will be able to tell the characteristics, behaviors, color, shapes, sizes of the animals before they are created from manipulating their DNAs. Just like scientists are able to know the characteristics of elements and future elements based on the Periodic Tables. Do you agree? When that time comes, the theory of evolution will be proven false.

    God Blessings to all.
    Yes, our knowledge and ability to manipulate DNA will continue to grow, and I see no reason to think that we could not modify the DNA of organisms a lot. But that doesn't really relate to this discuss because the animals evolved - that's why they are so well suited to their environments. If we had to consciously design their DNA they would probably be a lot less adapted. The problem is that the bottom up approach is much better than the top down approach. Evolution is like the free market. Each person is self-determined. Intelligent design is like communism with centralized government that tells everyone what to do. The free market (bottom up) will alwasy overpower a communicst (top down) approach.

    The parallelism of Evoltuion/Free Market vs. Intelligent Design/Communism makes a lot of sense to me. What do you think?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,229
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    It's not the "same" at all.

    Science explains everything that we have explanations for. You have not explained anything by saying "God did it."


    Yes, our knowledge and ability to manipulate DNA will continue to grow, and I see no reason to think that we could not modify the DNA of organisms a lot. But that doesn't really relate to this discuss because the animals evolved - that's why they are so well suited to their environments. If we had to consciously design their DNA they would probably be a lot less adapted. The problem is that the bottom up approach is much better than the top down approach. Evolution is like the free market. Each person is self-determined. Intelligent design is like communism with centralized government that tells everyone what to do. The free market (bottom up) will alwasy overpower a communicst (top down) approach.

    The parallelism of Evoltuion/Free Market vs. Intelligent Design/Communism makes a lot of sense to me. What do you think?
    I have made additions to my post at the same time you posted this post:

    Please see wiki on genetic engineering and the first synthetic life bacteria using DNA injected into an "empty" cell in 2010:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_engineering

    Excerpt:
    In 2010, scientists at the J. Craig Venter Institute, announced that they had created the first synthetic bacterial genome, and added it to a cell containing no DNA. The resulting bacterium, named Synthia, was the world's first synthetic life form.


    Doesn't this proved that other life forms including animals and plants can also be "artificially" created in the future?

    The "evolution that you mentioned is not evolution but adaptations to climatic changes such as putting more fat or growing more hair or skin color becoming lighter due to colder climate. That I believe. Evolution is simply changing from one species to another which have never seen to be occurring naturally.

    You have just killed yourself in this argument:

    The parallelism of Evoltuion/Free Market vs. Intelligent Design/Communism makes a lot of sense to me. What do you think?
    Communism and Free Market are human creation whose concepts are based on higher creation i.e. the one who created the brain and thoughts, so are Evolution (I mean Adaptations and Crteation) and Intelligent Design. Many scientific principles worked in both ways, top-down or bottom-up....hot and cold, winter and summer, alkali and acid etc.

    Science explains everything that we have explanations for. You have not explained anything by saying "God did it."
    Science cannot explain everything....can science explain about ghosts, spirit, soul, poltergeist? can science explain about gravity, formation of DNA etc.?
    And didn't Isaiah said "you are god?" (Note: a small g for god).


    God Blessings to all.
    Last edited by CWH; 12-15-2011 at 10:05 PM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,334
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    I have made additions to my post at the same time you posted this post:

    Please see wiki on genetic engineering and the first synthetic life bacteria using DNA injected into an "empty" cell in 2010:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_engineering

    Excerpt:
    In 2010, scientists at the J. Craig Venter Institute, announced that they had created the first synthetic bacterial genome, and added it to a cell containing no DNA. The resulting bacterium, named Synthia, was the world's first synthetic life form.


    Doesn't this proved that other life forms including animals and plants can also be "artificially" created in the future?

    The "evolution that you mentioned is not evolution but adaptations to climatic changes such as putting more fat or growing more hair or skin color becoming lighter due to colder climate. That I believe. Evolution is simply changing from one species to another which have never seen to be occurring naturally.
    That's cool. Thanks for sharing.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    You have just killed yourself in this argument:

    Quote Originally Posted by RAM
    The parallelism of Evoltuion/Free Market vs. Intelligent Design/Communism makes a lot of sense to me. What do you think?
    Communism and Free Market are human creation whose concepts are based on higher creation i.e. the one who created the brain and thoughts, so are Evolution (I mean Adaptations and Crteation) and Intelligent Design. Many scientific principles worked in both ways, top-down or bottom-up....hot and cold, winter and summer, alkali and acid etc.


    God Blessings to all.
    I don't understand your comments. How did I "kill myself?" And what evidence is there that there waw "one who created the brain and thoughts?"

    I don't think you understood what I meant. There is a parallelism between Evolution and the Free Market on the one had, and Intelligent Design and Communism on the other. Do you understand this?

    All the very best to you.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,229
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    That's cool. Thanks for sharing.


    I don't understand your comments. How did I "kill myself?" And what evidence is there that there waw "one who created the brain and thoughts?"

    I don't think you understood what I meant. There is a parallelism between Evolution and the Free Market on the one had, and Intelligent Design and Communism on the other. Do you understand this?

    All the very best to you.
    I have already explained with the following additions to myprevious post:

    "Science cannot explain everything....can science explain about ghosts, spirit, soul, poltergeist? can science explain about gravity, formation of DNA etc.?
    And didn't Isaiah said "you are god?" (Note: a small g for god)." In Genesis, Adam and Eve desired to be wise like God and they have partly achieved that by knowing good and evil which we term as general knowledge. Solomon said "there is nothing new under the heavens" meaning what we have experienced on earth has already been experienced in other places in heaven. I believe there are life and intelligent life throughout the universe and what we have experienced on earth is not unique, be it Free Market, "Evolution", Communism, Intelligent Design etc. have been experienced in other worlds throughout the universe. Could these have been brought over or inherited?

    God Blessed.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,334
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    I have already explained with the following additions to myprevious post:

    "Science cannot explain everything....can science explain about ghosts, spirit, soul, poltergeist? can science explain about gravity, formation of DNA etc.?
    And didn't Isaiah said "you are god?" (Note: a small g for god)." In Genesis, Adam and Eve desired to be wise like God and they have partly achieved that by knowing good and evil which we term as general knowledge. Solomon said "there is nothing new under the heavens" meaning what we have experienced on earth has already been experienced in other places in heaven. I believe there are life and intelligent life throughout the universe and what we have experienced on earth is not unique, be it Free Market, "Evolution", Communism, Intelligent Design etc. have been experienced in other worlds throughout the universe. Could these have been brought over or inherited?

    God Blessed.
    How could science explain ghosts or poltergeists if they don't exist?

    How do you know if they exist? If you say you know, that means you say you have evidence, and that's called "science."

    I still get the impression you did not understand my comparison of Evolution vs. Intelligent Design with Capitalism vs. Communism.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •