Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Astrotheology

Astrotheology

Richard,

Would it be possible to start a section on the Forum (maybe under Religion and Spirituality, etc) for "Astrotheology". This could be the place that we discuss the influences of ancients' veneration of the zodiac, sun, moon, etc. I think it would be great to have a section where we could accumulate information about the role of ancient astrology on religion...where it all started. The video below is an excerpt from the Zietgeist film on the subject. Although they do have a number of errors in their historical comparisons of Jesus with other venerated Sun Gods, they still have some good information for people who have never been exposed to the concepts. Thanks.

Facing the East,
    Frater Rosae Crucis

"It is only by the exercise of Reason, that man can discover God."
    ~ Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by RC Christian View Post
    Richard,

Would it be possible to start a section on the Forum (maybe under Religion and Spirituality, etc) for "Astrotheology". This could be the place that we discuss the influences of ancients' veneration of the zodiac, sun, moon, etc. I think it would be great to have a section where we could accumulate information about the role of ancient astrology on religion...where it all started. The video below is an excerpt from the Zietgeist film on the subject. Although they do have a number of errors in their historical comparisons of Jesus with other venerated Sun Gods, they still have some good information for people who have never been exposed to the concepts. Thanks.
    That video is appalling in its inaccuracies.

I'm glad you posted it. It shows that atheism can, in some cases, become a mind-killing religion just like all the others.

As for a new subforum - that's a good idea. We need Mythology section. It would go well there for starters. If you have a better suggestion, please let me know.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Mythology

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    That video is appalling in its inaccuracies.

I'm glad you posted it. It shows that atheism can, in some cases, become a mind-killing religion just like all the others.

As for a new subforum - that's a good idea. We need Mythology section. It would go well there for starters. If you have a better suggestion, please let me know.
    Nope. No other suggestion...Mythology sounds like a good place for it. Thanks!
    Facing the East,
    Frater Rosae Crucis

"It is only by the exercise of Reason, that man can discover God."
    ~ Thomas Paine

Thread Information