Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

To Facterd

Hello Facterd!

Sorry it's taken me so long to get moving with some commentary on Ra and the esoteric mystery schools. I've got just a couple of other things to do, and I'll start right on it. I have started on the full version of your paper and I'm enjoying it. I think you'll find some of the info that I'm about to post in a bit interesting and relevant to your paper.
    Facing the East,
    Frater Rosae Crucis

"It is only by the exercise of Reason, that man can discover God."
    ~ Thomas Paine

That's fine. Just take your time.

Facterd

The Sun God Ra and the 3-4-5 Triangle, part 1

In response to Facterd's request for me to discuss what associations I know of between Ra (the Egyptian Sun God), and the esoteric mystery schools, I'll first define a couple of terms that some, on the board, may be unfamiliar with. When discussing spiritual matters, the term 'exoteric' refers to the outer, publicly known information about or held by a certain sect, in this case mystery schools and also what we commonly call 'secret societies', but we will combine those as mystery schools since they're actually one and the same thing. The exoteric information may be true, false, or allegorical, in representation. It is the 'outer layer' of the teachings and public representation of such mystery schools. 'Esoteric' is the deeper or true knowledge held by such mystery schools. It is the meaning behind all the symbols and ceremonies, that are known, somewhat, by the public, but never truly understood.

A good example of exoteric vs esoteric, from the Gospel stories, would be when Jesus would speak in parables to the 'masses' and then take the 'disciples' aside and tell them what the allegorical representations within the parable actually represented. This is how all mystery schools conduct themselves, and most likely, always have.

In reference to Ra, this is the name of the ancient Egyptian sun god. Ra was considered to be the creator of all things, and ruled the earth and sky, as the sun. Ra eventually was merged with another Egyptian deity, known as Horus. There are various version of how the myths were told and understood, but, most commonly, Horus (god of the sky) was the son of Osiris (god of the dead and the afterlife) and Isis (goddess of fertility and magic). Horus, was also understood as not only the ruler of the sky, but that he was the sky. His right eye was the sun and his left eye was the moon. Hence, the origin of the 'eye of Horus', aka, the 'all-seeing-eye", aka the "eye of Ra". There is much to the mythological tales surrounding these three characters, and Set (the god of the desert and Osiris' brother) who killed Osiris and fought with Horus. Pharaohs were considered to be sons of Ra, and incarnations of Horus and Osiris, in life and in death, respectively.

I've only included enough information here to catch-up anyone unfamiliar with the Egyptian religions to a point that the rest of this post will make more sense. What I would like to do now is jump forward in time to the modern day mystery schools. The Rosicrucians and Freemasons are two examples of such.

Facterd had ask about associations of the mystery schools with Ra. I will post two direct associations which are within the public domain. I hope to fill in the gaps of this information over the next week, but there is a lot of important information that I am leaving out at this time to shorten the length of this post. Also, I will not be offering information as to 'why' these associations are present, at least not at this time.

The following information is from Mackey's Encyclopedia of Freemasonry, vol. 1 & 2, 1873 & 1878, respectively.

"The right-angled triangle is another form of this figure which is deserving of attention. Among the Egyptians, it was the symbol of universal nature; the base representing Osiris, or the male principle; the perpendicular, Isis, or the female principle; and the hypotenuse, Horus, their son, or the product of the male and female principle.

This symbol was received by Pythagoras from the Egyptians during his long sojourn in that country, and with it he also learned the peculiar property it possessed, namely, that the sum of the squares of the two shorter sides is equal to the square of the longest side-symbolically expressed by the formula, that the product of Osiris and Isis is Horus. This figure has been adopted in the Third Degree of Freemasonry, and will be there recognized as the Forty-seventh Problem of Euclid."

Name:  Right Angle Triangle.gif
Views: 90
Size:  5.8 KB

In my next post, in this series, I will include further information on the usage and significance of the Right Angle Triangle in Freemasonry ceremonies and rituals. All information is within the public domain.
    Facing the East,
    Frater Rosae Crucis

~ Thomas Paine

I see.

Facterd

Richard: you and Francis Bacon are on the same team!

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    I simply do not see the motivation. What is the essence of the message that could only be communicated through all these hidden patterns?
    The codes found in the Sonnets are most of all training. It is a course in the rules and principles. The main puzzle is found in psalm 46. And what Bacon wanted to achieve (and now I'm speculating) was to contribute his share in the struggle to free ourselves from religious dogma. Bacon was a deeply religious man (see: Stephen A. McKnight: The Religious Foundations of Francis Bacon's Thought) but he had witnessed how literal interpretations of the Bible caused violence and murders in his own time. I think Bacon (a surprisingly modern mind) understood the same thing that you have seen, that the Bible isn't infallible, and that it is dangerous to base our lives on literal, but still subjective, interpretations of it.

And this criticism, of course, he couldn't present openly at the beginning of the 17th century. The point that Bacon was Shakespeare is really not that important, but that disclosure gives the puzzle in psalm 46 a force it otherwise wouldn't have had.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    The last thing I want is to have a closed mind. But I can't turn off my skepticism, and I really don't think I should!
    Please donít. Your criticism is most welcome.
    Facterd

Fama Fraternitatis and Confessio Fraternitatis

Fama Fraternitatis and Confessio Fraternitatis, published in 1615 and 1616, respectively, are two anonymously published documents which were used to introduce the Fraternity of the Rosie Cross to the public.

The Fama Fraternitatis makes reference to the "37 reasons wherefore we now do make known the Fraternity", which should appear in the Confessio Fraternitatis...but oddly, did not appear in the following work or in any other work, and was reported to be a symbolic reference that initiates would have understood. 37 is the ordinal Hebrew Gematria value of "WISDOM", with it's reflective anagram, 73, being the standard Hebrew Gematria value of "WISDOM". The opening passage of Fama Fraternitatis, entitled "To the Wise and Understanding Reader", reads, "Wisdom (saith Solomon) is to a man an infinite treasure, for she is the Breath of the Power of God, and a pure Influence that floweth from the Glory of the Almighty;

She is the Brightness of Eternal Light, and an undefiled Mirror of the Majesty of God, and an Image of his Goodness; she teacheth
    us Soberness and Prudence, Righteousness and Strength; she understands the Subtilty of words, and Solution of dark sentences; she foreknoweth
    Signs and Wonders, and what shall happen in time to come; with this Treasure was our first Father Adam fully endued: Hence it doth appear,
    that after God had brought before him all the Creatures of the Field, and the Fowls under Heaven, he gave to every one of them their proper names,
    according to their nature. Although now through the sorrowful fall into sin this excellent Jewel Wisdom hath been lost, and meer Darkness and Ignorance is come into the World, yet notwithstanding hath the Lord God sometimes hitherto bestowed, and made manifest the same, to some of his Friends: For the wise King Solomon doth testifie of himself, that he upon earnest prayer and desire did get and obtain such Wisdom of God, that thereby he knew how the World was created, thereby he understood the Nature of the Elements, also the time, beginning, middle and end, the increase and decrease, the change of times through the whole Year, the Revolution of the Year, and Ordinance of the Stars; he understood also the properties of tame and wilde Beasts, the cause of the raigning of the Winds, and minds and intents of men, all sorts and natures of Plants, vertues of Roots, and others, was not unknown to him. Now I do not think that there can be found any one who would not wish and desire with all his heart to be a Partaker of this noble Treasure; but seeing the same Felicity can happen to none, except God himself give Wisdom, and send his holy Spirit from above, we have therefore set forth in print this little Treatise, to wit, Famam & Confessionem, of the Laudable Fraternity of the Rosie Cross, to be read by every one, because in them is clearly shewn and discovered, what concerning it the World hath to expect."

The Confessio Fraternitatis purports the birth year of the allegorical founder of the fraternity, Christian Rosenkreuz, to have been born in the year 1378, and to have lived for 106 years. It is public knowledge that years are used by Rosicrucians and Freemasons as cryptic devices, to be understood by the initiates. The year of Christian Rosenkreuz's (referred to as "Our Christian Father) birth and the start date of the Rosicrucian calendar, 1378, was constructed from the Hebrew Gematria of the names of the three main characters from the Freemason's allegories, that being Hiram Abiff, King Solomon, and Hiram, King of Tyre.

273 = Hiram Abiff = Ch V R M + A B I V
    465 = King Solomon = M L K + sh L M H
    640 = Hiram, King of Tyre = Ch V R M + M L K + Tz V R

The image below is of a kneeling-stool located in a Freemasonry Temple. The letters are Freemason abbreviations for the 3 characters from the allegories: King Solomon (SKI), Hiram, King of Tyre (HKT), and Hiram Abiff (HAB).

Name:  Freemasonic Kneeling Stool.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  37.7 KB

A point to note is that Francis Bacon's Reverse Bilateral Cipher yields the value of 273 for "WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE" (see below, quoted from Facterd's post #78 of this thread) ...equal to the Hebrew Gematria of "HIRAM ABIFF", the allegorical figure head of the Freemasons.

Name:  William Shakespeare gematria.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  11.4 KB

Below is an attached PDF file of the two Rosicrucian Manifestos:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Facing the East,
    Frater Rosae Crucis

~ Thomas Paine

The Sun God Ra and the 3-4-5 Triangle, part 2

Quote Originally Posted by RC Christian View Post
    The following information is from Mackey's Encyclopedia of Freemasonry, vol. 1 & 2, 1873 & 1878, respectively.

"The right-angled triangle is another form of this figure which is deserving of attention. Among the Egyptians, it was the symbol of universal nature; the base representing Osiris, or the male principle; the perpendicular, Isis, or the female principle; and the hypotenuse, Horus, their son, or the product of the male and female principle.

This symbol was received by Pythagoras from the Egyptians during his long sojourn in that country, and with it he also learned the peculiar property it possessed, namely, that the sum of the squares of the two shorter sides is equal to the square of the longest side-symbolically expressed by the formula, that the product of Osiris and Isis is Horus. This figure has been adopted in the Third Degree of Freemasonry, and will be there recognized as the Forty-seventh Problem of Euclid."

Name:  Right Angle Triangle.gif
Views: 90
Size:  5.8 KB

In my next post, in this series, I will include further information on the usage and significance of the Right Angle Triangle in Freemasonry ceremonies and rituals. All information is within the public domain.

As a second part to this topic, I'll focus on part of the Freemason ceremony and ritual for the first 3 Degrees, that I think would be relevant to the topic. First, I'm sure that most everyone reading this thread knows what the universal Freemason emblem (some call it a logo) is:

The Square and Compass
    Name:  240px-Square_compasses.svg.png
Views: 74
Size:  13.4 KB

All information that I will be discussing in this post is within the public domain. Please take note of the "G" that lies within the center of it. There is much speculation about what the "G" represents. Some say "God", others say "Gematria", others say "Geometry", and still others say "Gnosis". An initiate is told different meanings at different Degrees, so, in a since, all answers can be considered correct. Again, the Degree system is about peeling away different layers of the allegories that have esoteric meaning to them.

Initiates are dressed in clothing and manner as a medieval heretic would have looked, on their way to the Inquisitor, including being cable-towed around the neck (to mimic the rope and nose) and being hood-winked (or blind-folded), and have a sword pressed to their chest during the initiation, just as a heretic would.

Name:  Freemason Initiation.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  10.4 KB

Toward the culmination of the ceremony, the initiate is led to the altar that is always placed in the center of the Lodge and assisted to his knees. The initiate is then asks a series of questions by the Grand Master of the Lodge. The questions culminate into the most significant question, which is, "After being in darkness for so long, what is truly the greatest desire of your heart?" The scripted response back from the initiate is simply, yet loud and clear, "Light". At which time the initiate's blind-fold is removed and, with face looking downward, the first thing that the initiate sees is: the Square and Compass lying on an open Bible.

Name:  Freemason at Altar.png
Views: 72
Size:  15.5 KB

The Square, Compass, and the Holy Bible (the Volume of the Sacred Law) are known as "the 3 Great Lights of Freemasonry". There are 3 Candles that surround the Altar, either forming the pattern of an Equilateral Triangle, or more often, a Right Angle Triangle (or 3-4-5 Triangle). The 3 Candles are known as "the 3 Lesser Lights of Freemasonry", and symbolize the Sun, the Moon, and the Worshipful Master (the Master of the Lodge).

Name:  Freemason Bible Compass Square.JPG
Size:  48.9 KB

When the Holy Bible is open to the center of the 66 books of the canon, there are 33 books to the front and 33 books to the back. When the Holy Bible is open to the center chapter (Psalm 117), we find (in the 1611 KJV) 33 words. "BACON" has a value of 33 by Francis Bacon's Simple Cipher and the letter "G" has Francis Bacon's Kay cipher value of "33", the Honorary and top level of the Degree system of Freemasonry.

The link below will take you to Bacon's Ciphers:

http://www.fbrt.org.uk/pages/essays/essay-ciphers.html

(Continued)
    Facing the East,
    Frater Rosae Crucis

~ Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by RC Christian View Post
    The questions culminate into the most significant question, which is, "After being in darkness for so long, what is truly the greatest desire of your heart?" The scripted response back from the initiate is simply, yet loud and clear, "Light". At which time the initiate's blind-fold is removed and, with face looking downward, the first thing that the initiate sees is: the Square and Compass lying on an open Bible.

The Square, Compass, and the Holy Bible (the Volume of the Sacred Law) are known as "the 3 Great Lights of Freemasonry".
    Name:  Freemason%20Bible%20Compass%20Square.JPG

It is hard to give a more obvious hint at geometric puzzles in the Bible. An interesting question is therefore: Who created the masonic rituals and symbols?

Facterd
    Last edited by Facterd; 11-27-2011 at 02:11 AM.

Thanks for the info!

I'll take a look as time permits. I have a new big article I'm writing today.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Facterd View Post
    Name:  Freemason%20Bible%20Compass%20Square.JPG

It is hard to give a more obvious hint at geometric puzzles in the Bible. An interesting question is therefore: Who created the masonic rituals and symbols?

Facterd
    Yeah - I've read that the "G" stands for "Geometry" - that's pretty direct.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information