Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Job 1

Job 1

Take a look at Job 1 and Genesis 14 (spoke 1):
    Genesis 14:13 KJV - And there came one that had escaped, and told Abram the Hebrew; for he dwelt in the plain of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol, and brother of Aner: and these [were] confederate with Abram.

Job 1:15 KJV - And the Sabeans fell [upon them], and took them away; yea, they have slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
    Job 1:16 KJV - While he [was] yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The fire of God is fallen from heaven, and hath burned up the sheep, and the servants, and consumed them; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
    Job 1:17 KJV - While he [was] yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The Chaldeans made out three bands, and fell upon the camels, and have carried them away, yea, and slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
    Job 1:19 KJV - And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
    And maybe a Spoke 18 connection with Matthew 2:
    Job 1:3 KJV - His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east.

Matthew 2:1 KJV - Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
    And Matthew's Gospel has gone eastward whereas Mark was Rome meaning westward, Luke went to Egypt or south and John went to Ephesus or north.

Hey, that's a fairly good find. I checked the whole Bible and there's only a few veses that use that language, and most are in Job 1:

1. Book 1 (Genesis14:13) And there came one that had escaped, and told Abram the Hebrew; for he dwelt in the plain of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol, and brother of Aner: and these were confederate with Abram.
    2. 1 Samuel 19:18 So David fled, and escaped, and came to Samuel to Ramah, and told him all that Saul had done to him. And he and Samuel went and dwelt in Naioth.
    3. 1 Samuel 23:13 Then David and his men, which were about six hundred, arose and departed out of Keilah, and went whithersoever they could go. And it was told Saul that David was escaped from Keilah; and he forbare to go forth.
    4. 2 Kings 9:15 But king Joram was returned to be healed in Jezreel of the wounds which the Syrians had given him, when he fought with Hazael king of Syria.) And Jehu said, If it be your minds, then let none go forth nor escape out of the city to go to tell it in Jezreel.
    5. Job 1:15 And the Sabeans fell upon them, and took them away; yea, they have slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
    6. Job 1:16 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The fire of God is fallen from heaven, and hath burned up the sheep, and the servants, and consumed them; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
    7. Job 1:17 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The Chaldeans made out three bands, and fell upon the camels, and have carried them away, yea, and slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
    8. Job 1:19 And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
    But even more interesting is the word play between escape in Gen 14 (phaliyt) which has the first and last letters of Lot's name (Lamed Tet) in it.

6412 jyliP' paliyt {paw-leet'}
    Meaning: 1) refugee, fugitive, escaped one
    Usage: AV - escape 20, fugitives 1; 21

3876 jAl Lowt {lote}
    Meaning: Lot = "covering" 1) son of Haran and Abraham's nephew who settled in Sodom and was delivered from its destruction by God

There's a lot of "word play" like this in the Bible. It's pretty obvious to a Hebrew reader.

A slightly different word is used in Job 1:

4422 jl;m' malat {maw-lat'}
    Meaning: 1) to slip away, escape, deliver, save, be delivered 1a) (Niphal) 1a1) to slip away 1a2) to escape 1a3) to be delivered 1b) (Piel) 1b1) to lay, let slip out (of eggs) 1b2) to let escape 1b3) to deliver, save (life) 1c) (Hiphil) 1c1) to give birth to 1c2) to deliver 1d) (Hithpael) 1d1) to slip forth, slip out, escape 1d2) to escape
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Hey, that's a fairly good find. I checked the whole Bible and there's only a few veses that use that language, and most are in Job 1:

1. Book 1 (Genesis14:13) And there came one that had escaped, and told Abram the Hebrew; for he dwelt in the plain of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol, and brother of Aner: and these were confederate with Abram.
    2. 1 Samuel 19:18 So David fled, and escaped, and came to Samuel to Ramah, and told him all that Saul had done to him. And he and Samuel went and dwelt in Naioth.
    3. 1 Samuel 23:13 Then David and his men, which were about six hundred, arose and departed out of Keilah, and went whithersoever they could go. And it was told Saul that David was escaped from Keilah; and he forbare to go forth.
    4. 2 Kings 9:15 But king Joram was returned to be healed in Jezreel of the wounds which the Syrians had given him, when he fought with Hazael king of Syria.) And Jehu said, If it be your minds, then let none go forth nor escape out of the city to go to tell it in Jezreel.
    5. Job 1:15 And the Sabeans fell upon them, and took them away; yea, they have slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
    6. Job 1:16 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The fire of God is fallen from heaven, and hath burned up the sheep, and the servants, and consumed them; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
    7. Job 1:17 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The Chaldeans made out three bands, and fell upon the camels, and have carried them away, yea, and slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
    8. Job 1:19 And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
    But even more interesting is the word play between escape in Gen 14 (phaliyt) which has the first and last letters of Lot's name (Lamed Tet) in it.

6412 jyliP' paliyt {paw-leet'}
    Meaning: 1) refugee, fugitive, escaped one
    Usage: AV - escape 20, fugitives 1; 21

3876 jAl Lowt {lote}
    Meaning: Lot = "covering" 1) son of Haran and Abraham's nephew who settled in Sodom and was delivered from its destruction by God

There's a lot of "word play" like this in the Bible. It's pretty obvious to a Hebrew reader.

A slightly different word is used in Job 1:

4422 jl;m' malat {maw-lat'}
    Meaning: 1) to slip away, escape, deliver, save, be delivered 1a) (Niphal) 1a1) to slip away 1a2) to escape 1a3) to be delivered 1b) (Piel) 1b1) to lay, let slip out (of eggs) 1b2) to let escape 1b3) to deliver, save (life) 1c) (Hiphil) 1c1) to give birth to 1c2) to deliver 1d) (Hithpael) 1d1) to slip forth, slip out, escape 1d2) to escape
    JR Church made a study in his magazine Prophecy in the News that throughout Genesis was a walk in the spiritual Tabernacle and that Lot meaning a covering or veil represented the first veil in the tabernacle which after that the Priest Melchizedek presented himself and gave bread and wine from the table of Shewbread (I don't know if wine was tolerated in the holy place).

How about Job 2 and Exodus?
    They mention boils.

Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    How about Job 2 and Exodus?
    They mention boils.
    Yes, and that's a relatively rare word. But how does it form a meaningful theme? What about all the links between books and chapters that don't follow the pattern of the Wheel? How do we discern between chance and design?
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Yes, and that's a relatively rare word. But how does it form a meaningful theme? What about all the links between books and chapters that don't follow the pattern of the Wheel? How do we discern between chance and design?
    Yes I find Job to be one of the difficult books to see the pattern of the Biblewheel ...except for chapter 38.
    Last edited by gilgal; 11-09-2011 at 11:41 PM.

Yes I find Job to be one of the difficult books to see the pattern of the Biblewheel ...except for chapter 38.
    I take you are talking about the Inner Cycle of it's chapters, right? I mean, the connection between Job and Spoke 18 is totally obvious to you, isn't it?

Check out my blog site

I take you are talking about the Inner Cycle of it's chapters, right? I mean, the connection between Job and Spoke 18 is totally obvious to you, isn't it?
    Well yes Job is considered Righteous which is the 18th letter Tsaddey or Tsadik. But There's hardly any thematic link except for the 3 men in Genesis 18 and the 3 friends of Job unless it's not discovered yet.

http://www.biblewheel.com/Wheel/Spok...i_Theodicy.asp

http://www.biblewheel.com/Wheel/Spokes/Tzaddi_Job.asp

http://www.biblewheel.com/Wheel/Spok...ddi_Hunted.asp

http://www.biblewheel.com/Wheel/Spokes/Tzaddi_Words.asp

Well yes Job is considered Righteous which is the 18th letter Tsaddey or Tsadik. But There's hardly any thematic link except for the 3 men in Genesis 18 and the 3 friends of Job unless it's not discovered yet.

http://www.biblewheel.com/Wheel/Spok...i_Theodicy.asp

http://www.biblewheel.com/Wheel/Spokes/Tzaddi_Job.asp

http://www.biblewheel.com/Wheel/Spok...ddi_Hunted.asp

http://www.biblewheel.com/Wheel/Spokes/Tzaddi_Words.asp
    Hardly a "thematic link" with what?

Check out my blog site

Hardly a "thematic link" with what?
    Matthew or 1John

Thread Information