Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by culi26 View Post
    Hast thou not understand that in the name of "peace" people were killed!! Only U.S.A. in the last 50 years in the name of so called peace killed more than 8 million people!
    I know that the USA has erred greatly in wars during the last hundred years, but where do you get the figure of 8 million people?

And while you are complaining about the USA, where is your concern for all the woman and children murdered by Muslim extremists?

Islam is supposed to mean "peace" - why does it cause so much war and bloodshed?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

The purpose of the First and Second World Wars was precisely to create an anarchy that will rule the world! Their idea failed! They realized that with the violence is not easy to achieve that, so they turned against Hitler and were presented themselves to the world as people who fight for peace!

Everything that is not reached through violence, now they are reaching through the so-called peace!! We are hearing the word "Peace" so often, but we have forgotten what is peace!!
    Hi Culi,
    That may have been the reason the 1st and 2nd WW were started, but that is not the reason the USA entered into those wars.

Rose, their peace means bloodshed!!

Hast thou not understand that in the name of "peace" people were killed!! Only U.S.A. in the last 50 years in the name of so called peace killed more than 8 million people!
    Remember the USA is considered a Christian nation, not a secular humanist nation. All through history so-called Christian nations have always used war as a means to try and rule the world, just like the Muslims.

All the best,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    I know that the USA has erred greatly in wars during the last hundred years, but where do you get the figure of 8 million people?

And while you are complaining about the USA, where is your concern for all the woman and children murdered by Muslim extremists?

Islam is supposed to mean "peace" - why does it cause so much war and bloodshed?
    I have answered once! Check Misguided Christians, there you have my reply!
    I believe in God of Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad!

The Evil comes from the greed, the envy and from arrogance.

Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hi Culi,
    That may have been the reason the 1st and 2nd WW were started, but that is not the reason the USA entered into those wars.
    Please, be kind and tell about the reason?? Or, you can search deeply and find the real reason!!!

Remember the USA is considered a Christian nation, not a secular humanist nation. All through history so-called Christian nations have always used war as a means to try and rule the world, just like the Muslims.

All the best,
    Rose
    The USA inhabitants-YES, but the government-NO!

Why I have mentioned the USA? BECAUSE THEY REPRESENT THE PEACE TODAY!
    If you've noticed they are trying to impose their system in Middle East!! In one way or another way!!

George Bush Jr. said clearly as crystal: " We need to send them our democracy!

Americans will not accept in any way the culture from Middle east!!

If the people from Middle east want to live like that leave them live like that! Why should Americans interfere in their lives!!

This is not democracy, this as a imposition!

Almost all schools in Europe have banned the hijab! This is not democracy!

If a woman has the right to come to school half-naked, that right should have also the woman with hijab!!

I have mentioned these, because these bring war not peace!!

Every time a nation has tried to impose its culture to someone else wars have broken out!!!

Maybe due to this we will have a Global war in the future!

Americans will not accept in any way the culture from Middle east!!

If the people from Middle east want to live like that leave them live like that! Why should Americans interfere in their lives!!

This is not democracy, this as a imposition!

Almost all schools in Europe have banned the hijab! This is not democracy!

If a woman has the right to come to school half-naked, that right should have also the woman with hijab!!

I have mentioned these, because these bring war not peace!!

Every time a nation has tried to impose its culture to someone else wars have broken out!!!

Maybe due to this we will have a Global war in the future!
    I agree. If Muslims want to practice Islam in their own countries - let them - and if in their own countries they want to have clothing restrictions then they are the ones who need to rise up to demand change, just like what is happening in the Middle East right now. On the other hand when Muslims live in other countries then they must abide by the rules and laws of those countries, whatever they may be.

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

I agree. If Muslims want to practice Islam in their own countries - let them - and if in their own countries they want to have clothing restrictions then they are the ones who need to rise up to demand change, just like what is happening in the Middle East right now.
    Thank you for supporting my opinion! We must accept each-other culture, not to judge it!

On the other hand when Muslims live in other countries then they must abide by the rules and laws of those countries, whatever they may be.
    I agree and disagree in the same time! States which accept Islam in their constitution must know that Hijab is part of the Islam!
    It is not right to accept Islam as a religion in the Constitution, and then deny them the opportunity to practice it!

In the last 50 years, the United States has promoted, financed and participated in over 200 incursions and 20 separate wars, killing over 8,000,000 people.

1952 - 79, 70,000 Iranians killed. ( Ayatollah Khomeini, US public enemy for the 1980s, was on the CIA payroll while in exile in Paris in 1970s, as were Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden at different times and in different places. )

1954 - 120,000 Guatemalans killed

1954 - 1975, 4,000,000 Vietnamese and Cambodians killed.

1965 - 3,000 Dominican Republicans killed

1965 - 800,000 Indonesians killed

1973 - 30,000 Chileans killed

1975 - 250,000 East Timorese killed

1970s - 1,000,000 Angolans killed

1984 - 30,000 Nicaraguans killed

1980s - 80,000 El Salvadoreans killed

1989 - 8,000 Panamanians killed in an attempt to capture George H. Bush's CIA partner now turned enemy, Manuel Noriega,

1980s - over 700,000 Libyans, Grenadians, Somalians, Haitians, Afghanistanis, Sudanese, Brazilians, Argentineans and Yugoslavians killed,

1991 - over 1,000,000 Iraqis killed, including over 500,000 children -- about which Madeline Albright ( then, Secretary of State ) said "their deaths are worth the cost". While George W. Bush owns over 80% of the oil wells in Kuwait, trouble will continue there.

( Source: Philip Bradbury, Insight Magazine, November 2001 )

Thank you for supporting my opinion! We must accept each-other culture, not to judge it!
    If that's true, why have you been judging western civilization as "immoral"? Westerners see a lot of moral problems in Muslim cultures. And the simple fact is that all human cultures have moral problems. We need to use a "fair balance."

Proverbs 11:1 A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight.

Is there a similar verse in the Quran?

I agree and disagree in the same time! States which accept Islam in their constitution must know that Hijab is part of the Islam!
    It is not right to accept Islam as a religion in the Constitution, and then deny them the opportunity to practice it!
    It's very strange that you think the hijab is part of Islam. Muslims scholars do not all agree that it is required, and many understand the verses in the Quran as metaphorically referring to meaning "modesty" or "morality." From the wiki:

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    A "hijab" or "ḥijāb" (/hɪˈɑːb/, /hɪˈæb/, /ˈhɪ.æb/ or /hɛˈɑːb/;[1][2][3][4] Arabic: حجاب‎, pronounced [ħiˈdʒæːb] ~ [ħiˈɡæːb]) is a veil which covers the hair. It is worn by Muslim women particularly in front of non-related adult males.

According to Islamic scholarship, hijab is given the wider meaning of modesty, privacy, and morality.[5] The Qur'an mentions the use of covering and veiling with the words khimār (خمار) and jilbāb (جلباب), not hijab. Still another definition is metaphysical, where al-hijab refers to "the veil which separates man or the world from God."[6]

Hijab is required on women in public in countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia, but is banned in schools in France, Turkey and formerly also in Tunisia. Wearing a hijab is left for individuals to decide in most of the world.
    Why do you think you are correct and the Muslim scholars wrong? You said you've only been a "real" Muslim for a few years.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

In the last 50 years, the United States has promoted, financed and participated in over 200 incursions and 20 separate wars, killing over 8,000,000 people.

1952 - 79, 70,000 Iranians killed. ( Ayatollah Khomeini, US public enemy for the 1980s, was on the CIA payroll while in exile in Paris in 1970s, as were Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden at different times and in different places. )

1954 - 120,000 Guatemalans killed

1954 - 1975, 4,000,000 Vietnamese and Cambodians killed.

1965 - 3,000 Dominican Republicans killed

1965 - 800,000 Indonesians killed

1973 - 30,000 Chileans killed

1975 - 250,000 East Timorese killed

1970s - 1,000,000 Angolans killed

1984 - 30,000 Nicaraguans killed

1980s - 80,000 El Salvadoreans killed

1989 - 8,000 Panamanians killed in an attempt to capture George H. Bush's CIA partner now turned enemy, Manuel Noriega,

1980s - over 700,000 Libyans, Grenadians, Somalians, Haitians, Afghanistanis, Sudanese, Brazilians, Argentineans and Yugoslavians killed,

1991 - over 1,000,000 Iraqis killed, including over 500,000 children -- about which Madeline Albright ( then, Secretary of State ) said "their deaths are worth the cost". While George W. Bush owns over 80% of the oil wells in Kuwait, trouble will continue there.

( Source: Philip Bradbury, Insight Magazine, November 2001 )
    Thanks for the stats. Unfortunately, they are just assertions with no facts to back them up. And they don't look accurate at all. You will need to provide legitimate sources for those numbers, not just some random unverified website. For example, please provide documentation for your assertion that the USA killed "1,000,000 Angolans." That sounds absurd.

Thanks!

Check out my blog site

Thanks for the stats. Unfortunately, they are just assertions with no facts to back them up. And they don't look accurate at all. You will need to provide legitimate sources for those numbers, not just some random unverified website. For example, please provide documentation for your assertion that the USA killed "1,000,000 Angolans." That sounds absurd.

Thanks!
    Read carefully, In the last 50 years, the United States has promoted, financed and participated in over 200 incursions and 20 separate wars!!

Since the WW2 America has participated in every war, IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!
    Do not think that I'm against the people of America, but against their government. I don't like their politic at all.

Here you have the source:

http://www.informationclearinghouse....rticle4068.htm

Thread Information