Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Henry's Question regarding Daniel 9 "Causes the Sacrifice to Cease"

Joe, speaking of Daniel's abomination, I have a request since you are a preterist. I'm confused of how you see Dan. 9:27, you (When I say “you” I mean preterists in general) say it was fulfilled by Christ (causes the sacrifice to cease) and Dan 9 is tied to Dan. 12:7,11,12, the “ceasing of the sacrifice" seen there executed by the "abomination of desolation.” If I'm not mistaken you see this passage of Dan 9 fulfilled at the end of Christ's ministry, where by his death “he” causes the ceasing of sacrifices (the Mosiac sacrifices made useless). So if preterists relate “the ceasing of sacrifices” to Jesus and his ministry in 30 A.D. after the 69 weeks, how can they again relate the same prophetic events (ceasing of sacrifices) fulfilled by Jesus to the time of 66-70 A.D.? The prophetic events of Dan 12 are either fulfilled by Jesus' ministry in 30 A.D. or it is fulfilled by the Romans in 66-70 A.D. It can't be both.

Also in order for there be no gap to exist, the last of the 70th seven would have to follow in fulfillment from the death of Christ. “And for the overspreading of abominations (plural) “he” shall make it desolate.” This would make the final seven as being 27-33 A.D. From what I understand Preterists say the final half was fulfilled by the death of Stephen and persecution of the saints in 33 A.D. So this would mean that Dan. 9:27; 12:7,11,12 was fulfilled during the time of 27-33 A.D., rather than 66-73 A.D. Do you see the problem with this position? I'm speaking about the "ceasing of sacrifice"-"abomination of desolation" time period. (3 1/2+ years).

Could you, and/or others explain this please? Thanks,

God bless---Twospirits
    I'm not one to tell people to keep searching through endless threads and posts to find previous answers. I believe answers should be given anytime it is asked, not matter how many times, in order to reduce confusion.

To answer your question, here is the verse you brought up as read from the Greek Septuagint; the Masoretic text is somewhat altered, so I don't trust it:

24 Seventy weeks have been determined upon thy people, and upon the holy city, for sin to be ended, and to seal up transgressions, and to blot out the iniquities, and to make atonement for iniquities, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal the vision and the prophet, and to anoint the Most Holy.

25 And thou shalt know and understand, that from the going forth of the command for the answer and for the building of Jerusalem until Christ the prince there shall be seven weeks, and sixty-two weeks; and then the time shall return, and the street shall be built, and the wall, and the times shall be exhausted.

26 And after the sixty-two weeks, the anointed one shall be destroyed, and there is no judgment in him: and he shall destroy the city and the sanctuary with the prince that is coming: they shall be cut off with a flood, and to the end of the war which is rapidly completed he shall appoint the city to desolations.

27 And one week shall establish the covenant with many: and in the midst of the week my sacrifice and drink-offering shall be taken away: and on the temple shall be the abomination of desolations; and at the end of time an end shall be put to the desolation.

And one week shall establish the covenant with many. Traditional Futurists interpret this as the Anti-Christ establishing the covenant with the Jews for 7 years. The problem is that this is all fictional bias to support the British/American Zionist movement against secular Israel. The entire topic of the weeks is not about the A/C; it's about the Messiah. 70 weeks would bring about the Messiah who would bring an end to sins, bring in ever lasting righteousness, and so forth. Verse 27 states that for one week (7 years), He [The Messiah] would establish a covenant with many. The New Testament shows us that Jesus did in fact establish a covenant. His ministry while on earth lasted 3.5 years. The Covenant was further confirmed the remaining 3.5 years with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Notice how verse 27 reads, "and in the midst of the week, My sacrifice and drink-offering shall be taken away". The cross of Christ happened 3.5 years after His initial ministry. By sacrificing Himself as the Passover Lamb, the former sacrifices and drink offerings were no longer required.

So to answer your question, it was the Messiah Jesus who caused the sacrifices and drink offerings to be done away with. I know this text reads "taken away", but not all translations say this. Now as a result of what happened, Jesus dying on the cross, the remainder of the verse explains that the temple would be destroyed at the time of the end, and an end would be brought to the Desolation thereof.

Hope this answers your questions.

God bless.

Joe
    Last edited by TheForgiven; 10-26-2011 at 04:43 PM.
    Israel is more than just a race; it is more than just a nation; it is the people of God, from faith, by faith, and only faith. Those who assemble in the name of Christ Jesus, embrance Israel because they are Israel

This is a test to see how I do with the ieSPELL check. Hope this works.

Joe
    Israel is more than just a race; it is more than just a nation; it is the people of God, from faith, by faith, and only faith. Those who assemble in the name of Christ Jesus, embrance Israel because they are Israel

Quote Originally Posted by TheForgiven View Post
    This is a test to see how I do with the ieSPELL check. Hope this works.

Joe
    Itt's bean werking phor mee jus fin.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    It's been working for me just fine.
    You're a funny man.

I've decided to give Internet Explorer a chance since they've gotten much better at malicious codes and so forth. Plus my Internet Security protection doesn't seem to be compatible with Goggle Chrome or Mozilla. So, it's back to IE.

Now I'll run the spell checker to see if it works. Yep...it even corrected your spelling errors. Now if Microsoft could developer a spell checker tool that checks spelling as your typing, and not just when hitting ieSPELL icon prior to posting.

One thing I did notice is that I'm not allowed to edit a post using isSPELL check once the post has been submitted. Each time I've tried, it tells me that I don't have permission to perform that function and that I needed to log in and try again. Does this sound normal?

Joe

Hey Richard? When I try editing a post, I get this error:

"YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO PERFORM THIS FUNCTION. PLEASE REFRESH THE PAGE AND LOGIN AGAIN".

Why is this happening?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by TheForgiven View Post
    You're a funny man.

I've decided to give Internet Explorer a chance since they've gotten much better at malicious codes and so forth. Plus my Internet Security protection doesn't seem to be compatible with Goggle Chrome or Mozilla. So, it's back to IE.

Now I'll run the spell checker to see if it works. Yep...it even corrected your spelling errors. Now if Microsoft could developer a spell checker tool that checks spelling as your typing, and not just when hitting ieSPELL icon prior to posting.

One thing I did notice is that I'm not allowed to edit a post using isSPELL check once the post has been submitted. Each time I've tried, it tells me that I don't have permission to perform that function and that I needed to log in and try again. Does this sound normal?

Joe
    Yeah, it's prett stupid. It should check while you are typing. Maybe there's a better version out there.

I didn't have any problem with editing.

Edit to add: I did it again just to be sure. And I'm using IE9. Hummm ...
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Well I got rid of it...went back to using Google Chrome.

Not sure why, when using IE 9.0, that editing a post was not permitted. Maybe my computer is hacked or something. You know all about that kind of stuff right?

Joe

P.S. Went back to edit this post using Google Chrome to see if I still have that problem. If you're reading this "P.S." line, then my problem is solved.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Itt's bean werking phor mee jus fin.
    Uve gotta bee kidding, rite?

Sometimes humor is the thing that is most needed on these forums...

Quote Originally Posted by TruthSeeker1959 View Post
    Uve gotta bee kidding, rite?

Sometimes humor is the thing that is most needed on these forums...
    Joe is not kidding.

I upgraded to IE 9 a week or so ago and I cannot perform advanced editing.

And even when I just try a regular edit, it is quirkyl

Joe, it must be a setting because afterall it is an upgrade. (sarcasm).

If I get it working I'll let you know,
    Rick

There is no other book like the Bible in the world where you have to know the Author to understand the book. If Christianity were the religion of the Book then it would be no different than any other religion in the world. But, Christianity is Christ! It is the dynamic, personal Spirit of God functioning in man.

Quote Originally Posted by heb13-13 View Post
    Joe is not kidding.

I upgraded to IE 9 a week or so ago and I cannot perform advanced editing.

And even when I just try a regular edit, it is quirkyl

Joe, it must be a setting because afterall it is an upgrade. (sarcasm).

If I get it working I'll let you know,
    Rick
    Hummm ... I'm using IE 9 and have no problems with editing in quick edit or in advanced. I suppose there could be a bug related to permissions. I'm administrator so maybe it lets me do thing you plebes are allowed. It looks like one more bug for me to research.

Check out my blog site

Thread Information