Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Please pray for Shalag

Our sister in the Lord - who once was very active sharing her insights into God's Word on this forum - is struggling with caring for her ailing husband. They live in a small cabin in central Alaska where it gets 70 below or more, and it takes a lot of work to care for yourself, let alone another in ill health.

So please join me, and Rose, and Joel (who brought this to our attention) and others in this forum in prayer for Shalag and her husband, that God will give them great strength in body, but especially in His Spirit as they abide in Him.

3 John 1:2-4 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3 For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth. 4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Shalag - update

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Our sister in the Lord - who once was very active sharing her insights into God's Word on this forum - is struggling with caring for her ailing husband. They live in a small cabin in central Alaska where it gets 70 below or more, and it takes a lot of work to care for yourself, let alone another in ill health.

So please join me, and Rose, and Joel (who brought this to our attention) and others in this forum in prayer for Shalag and her husband, that God will give them great strength in body, but especially in His Spirit as they abide in Him.

Richard
    For those of you who have asked me to relate an update on Omar – and more insight into his vision – I have written here as Omar related it to me. I am on a day to day journey with these new events - 'Not knowing'. Omar’s health is actually improving in many aspects although there is a very long way to go. Stomach ulceration needs to be dealt with daily as well as keeping track of blood count as the ulceration causes him to loose blood.

Thank you to all of you who keep us in your prayers. I’ve added some background in order for the extent of God’s longsuffering with both of us to be seen.

Let me just say - it has been a very troublesome 7 years with Omar's health issues - so much so that I refer to it as the time of our 'Great Tribulation', and hopefully times that will never be again.

In June 2007 we celebrated our 34th year of marriage. Up until 1988, when Omar was 68 years old, he believed in ‘a God’, but that was vague and he made it known that he did NOT believe in Jesus Christ as Redeemer. It was in 1988 that I sought a solution to our troubled marriage and ended up on the doorstep of an unfamiliar church, one that preached Jesus and manifested the gifts of the spirit through prayer. I had been raised to believe in Jesus but it was here that Omar encountered Jesus as reality and desired to be baptized in water. He literally shed tears for a month until I was also baptized. I waited because I knew for me it meant total commitment because I had already believed in the baptism of my birth. He received a baptism in the spirit manifested in tongues and four months later so did I. It wasn’t until I had received this gift that he admitted to receiving it four months earlier. Things went well for about two years –and having been raised ‘religiously’, I continued to study but Omar was engaged in a humungous battle with the flesh, to a depth that I was ignorant of. The Lord had already prepared me with a word: 'the flesh lies, cheats, steals, kills and commits adultery – that is the nature of the flesh you can expect nothing else. The Spirit is life in Christ. Do not be surprised by the nature of the flesh, even your own, for you do not fight flesh and blood, but powers and principalities in high places’. Even though I was given the Word, looking back I can’t say I was prepared for the ride. When these spirits attack someone in a marriage from the front door they also subtly attack the other from the back door. I was no exception. And I will admit that this past year I was at the end of all hope of deliverance and placed all the unfulfilled dreams back into the hands of Jesus for burial.

The Word of God says, John 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. These words are true. The last seven years for Omar ensued first with battling the powers of darkness - - doubt, unbelief, past confusion and hurts, ANGER, ANGER, ANGER, PAIN, PAIN, PAIN, age limitations imposed by the world leading to seeming loss of control over his own life. This spurred a lot of hateful venom of cursing God audibly and daily, manifesting itself in major health crisis’: heart attack, stroke, dementia, blood deficiencies, kidney stents, glaucoma flare ups, etc. The devil comes to KILL and destroy. He goes for the throat – just like in the wild when another animal kills its prey. Life and death FIRST starts with the POWER OF THE TONGUE. It works both ways – for your benefit – or for your demise taking anybody else in its path that it can. For that reason I had a tough decision this past July and I took a sleeping bag and moved out of the house nights because of the absolute chaos that ensued during those hours.

I believe I need to pause here and say this for the benefit of others who deal with different but similar situations. Needless to say I prayed, fasted, pleaded with God, out and out begged God for deliverance openly for the past 20 years. But this summer a person made a simple statement to me that caused me to hear the voice of God saying, 'UNTIL you call evil – EVIL – you will not separate yourself from it.' I knew there were ‘problems’ - but I never applied the term ‘evil’. And when dealing with another’s depression, there is always the worry of setting them off that they might kill themselves - - or even kill you. It’s NOT always EASY to call evil EVIL. Even though seven years ago I made a purposeful move in my life NOT to be intimidated by fear and anger coming at me – and stand my ground - I had never removed myself from it’s presence. I offered it ‘sacrifices’. 'Here, have some apple pie, it will make you feel better.' Here, let me do that for you. Hey, you know there are people worse off than you or I. etc. etc.' I placated it, danced around it, religiousized it, ‘prayed’ for it to be gone. But I never called it evil - -until this July. Which did bring us to the ‘present health crisis’.

In mid September I was informed his blood count was below low and he was in danger of another heart attack. I drove 200 miles to Fairbanks for a two day blood transfusion. In less than a week and a half – he lost all that blood and I drove 300 miles to Anchorage for another blood transfusion and stomach endoscopy. It was a rough drive down as well as a tough time in the EMR. He was so low on blood the IV team didn’t think they could get an IV into him but after 8 or more tries they got a line. During that week the doctor said, 'If this man was 40 years old and in good health, we would surgically remove the upper part of his stomach. I have never seen such an ulceration in all my life. We tried cauterizing it the best we can.' And then he gave me the ‘worried’ look. That afternoon Omar was sitting in the chair by the bed and he looked at me and said, 'Well, if the good Lord wants to take me home, then I guess He will.' I was dumbfounded. Omar never spoke like this. Then he continued, 'You have to know you are called.' Dumbfounded again at this statement, I looked at him and asked him, 'Are you called?' And he said yes. I said, 'What are you called to?' He answers, 'To Tok'. I ask, 'What are you called to Tok for?' He says, 'To educate them - about the glory of the Lord'. Now this was strange talk from a man who professed a huge spirit of anti-Christ. It was that night that I heard a familiar voice – one that I had heard clearly back in the early 70’s in a very similar situation - 'Will you release him?'. (In that circumstance, a death immediately occurred). I had already received a Word before embarking on the Anchorage drive and that was ‘imminent’. I asked the Lord - ‘Is this a ‘familiar spirit?’ I didn’t want to base my thoughts on a ‘past’ situation’. My mind kept echoing, 'What about the gospel, what about the gospel?' In June and July I had prayed intercession for a young pastor who had passed away from disease, so the question was yet fresh on my mind. But I said to the Lord, 'If this is you, then of course I release him, because I know YOU always do the best thing, no matter how hard, but I asked one request and that was that I be able to take him home rather than die in the hospital (knowing Omar’s preference.) Shortly after this decision I noticed Omar’s breathing – knowing I was seeing congestive heart failure revealing itself. The next day I got the doctor to release us and embarked on the 7 plus hour drive home. Exhausted. I really felt his time was short and the Lord was taking him home so I started making funeral arrangements. And the next day we sat down to speak of these things and he said to me, 'I don’t feel like I’m going to die right now. You know, I was in heaven.' I gave him the ‘low eyebrow’ look. Omar was not one to talk of heaven. He did not believe in it or so he said for many years – no matter how much I tried to relate to him it existed. And then without missing a beat - (and this is a man with short term memory loss) - - he says (from his spirit – I could tell by the clarity and precision of his relaying the vision):

'I was in heaven. There were flowers all over– BEAUTIFUL – flowers. The wind was gently blowing, and the trees were swaying. The wind was never too hard . And then I saw God.' I asked, 'How did you know it was God?' He answered, 'Because He walked through the wall and I immediately bowed and went down on my knees and started praising Him’. I asked (testing), 'And why did you do that?' And he answered 'Because - - - He just IS - -there is no way to explain - -more than magnificent - -- He just IS'. I asked, 'Did He say or do anything?' He said 'Yes, he lifted me up by the hand (effortlessly) and told me my sins were forgiven'. (In later recollection, he admitted to being ‘very scared’.) I asked, 'What did He look like?' He said, 'He was somewhat tall, thinner, was all white, a lot of light'. He continued with what I perceive to be a vision of the second coming, 'Then it was like I dreamed there was a whole bunch of people that came. They sat around in circles and prayed how wonderful the Lord was. He spoke to them. I could not understand what He was saying - -His voice was strong – yet it was soft. The animals and everything all became tame. There was no more fighting on earth. Families lived in close harmony. Large butterflies flew. Peacefulness. It was very peaceful. All the people I knew before were up there. ' I asked at this point, 'Did you see anyone you knew?' He answered, 'Yes, I saw my father - -- -(and then as an afterthought he strongly added) - --and my mother.' (Omar’s father’s early death and removal from his life was the crux of his anger with God). I asked, 'Did you see any of our dogs?' He said, 'No - -but the animals were peaceful - -everything was so peaceful.'

So then I asked, ‘So now you believe there is a heaven?' An emphatic YES followed. 'And that you are going there?' Another emphatic YES. I asked, 'How do you know that?' He answered, 'Because God said so'. I queried, 'the other day you spoke to me about being called to Tok – to educate the people there to the ‘glory of the Lord’. An emphatic YES – I’m going to do that. I think I wave my arms and then - --the glory of the Lord. I asked, 'Are you in heaven or are you alive on earth when you do this?' He followed with YES – Tok.

A few days later I thought to ask him, 'Where you in the New Jerusalem or the throne room?' He said, YES. I asked him what it was like. He said, 'long and square'. I asked if he noticed any colors like silver or gold. He said, 'I think silver - - --I ‘m not sure - -it was so blinding I could not tell.' I asked if he saw the throne. He said YES. I asked, 'Was it big?' He said HUGE. I asked was Jesus on the throne. He said YES. I asked, 'What was he wearing?' He said he had a robe with a long train.

I asked again about the ‘glory of the Lord’. He sits and ponders and says, 'It’s like a sliver. It just simply goes in – and then the glory of the Lord. But He again tells me that when Jesus comes back that the glory of the Lord will cover the earth. I asked, 'Did He say when He was coming back'. Definitively he answered me, 'When the people ask for him, not before'.

These past weeks I have been again pondering the gospel. I knew that when Jesus forgave people their sins they were healed. So I asked the Lord why someone would remain ‘unhealed’ after being forgiven. I feel He told me that they must RECEIVE it – and that is why the mind must be transformed. He can ‘give’ it – but it needs to be ‘received’. There’s much more but I would have trouble putting it in words at the moment. So since faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God I am audibly voicing the Word daily in reading. It also says, 'He who started a good work will bring it to completion'.

Meanwhile I also have been under the Lord’s very watchful eye in the past few months. In a very real way I have literally been delivered of spirits of unbelief (doubting the Word), idolatry (bowing down to evil spirits), witchcraft (trying to control situations, among other things. He is now also delivering me from the spirit of mammon, a walk on the water, that as Matthew 6 says, 'Seek first the kingdom of heaven, and all else will be added unto you.'.

I just want to say one more thing here – for those who are biblically inclined. I have sought the Lord ardently for the past 20 years. I have pursued to walk the ‘straight and narrow’. I have spent countless hours in studying the Word and have even taught the Word to others. I have spent much time in ‘giving to others’. But in late August 2007 the Lord showed me in a very specific way (when challenging me to leave my allegiance to mammon) and that had I died prior to this moment I would have been numbered with the Laodiceans. And that was more than humbling. I’m still walking this out so I don’t have a full testimony as of yet - - - but since God is faithful - -I know I will.

Blessings to all.
    Jeremiah 20:9 " But His word was in my heart like a burning fire Shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, And I could not.

Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    For those of you who have asked me to relate an update on Omar – and more insight into his vision – I have written here as Omar related it to me.
    Wow - tremendous testimony and word, my friend!

Thanks for taking time to write it all out for us. I am really glad you have a place to share it with others too. I am sure many will benefit.

After meeting Omar last spring, I am especially thrilled to hear of his testimorny - it is much easier now to believe that God is "getting a hold on him." I can see him shining in the Light of God's Son. My only question - I notice he spoke of heaven and the Lord, but did he ever mention Jesus by name?

I am curious about what the Lord showed you about "allegiance to mammon" and the "Laodicean church." I hope you have time to share in our conversations again, but until then, I will keep you in my prayers.

Your brother in Christ,

Richard
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

God / Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Wow - tremendous testimony and word, my friend!

Thanks for taking time to write it all out for us. I am really glad you have a place to share it with others too. I am sure many will benefit.

After meeting Omar last spring, I am especially thrilled to hear of his testimorny - it is much easier now to believe that God is "getting a hold on him." I can see him shining in the Light of God's Son. My only question - I notice he spoke of heaven and the Lord, but did he ever mention Jesus by name?

I am curious about what the Lord showed you about "allegiance to mammon" and the "Laodicean church." I hope you have time to share in our conversations again, but until then, I will keep you in my prayers.

Your brother in Christ,

Richard
    I will email you re mammon and Laodicea. Regarding God/Jesus: I asked him again about seeing 'God' and asked him who walked through the wall. He said Jesus. I asked him, "How do Jesus and God relate since you said you saw "God"? He simply said, "You can't separate them, you see God you see Jesus".
    Jeremiah 20:9 " But His word was in my heart like a burning fire Shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, And I could not.

Dear Shalag,

Please either post these things in the forum, or e-mail them to me. I won't get into my situation here and now, but the things going on in this forum are REALLY helping me on my journey with our Lord,and your husbands' and your journey somehow is touching me in ways that I have been waiting for. Some of the things in my life seem to be crossing paths with your lives.

May God bless you and keep you both!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    I will email you re mammon and Laodicea. Regarding God/Jesus: I asked him again about seeing 'God' and asked him who walked through the wall. He said Jesus. I asked him, "How do Jesus and God relate since you said you saw "God"? He simply said, "You can't separate them, you see God you see Jesus".
    Wonderful! That confirms his testimony. Thanks sis!

Check out my blog site

Inspiring

I just got to this area. It will take time . I would like the opportunity to pray for anyone who is infirm. Peace Christan

Thread Information