Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread

spoke 9 Exodus 9 and Romans 9

Exodus 9:16 And in very deed for this [cause] have I raised thee up, for to shew [in] thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth.
    Romans 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
    That's pretty much what happened in book 9 1Samuel with Saul and David too.

Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    Exodus 9:16 And in very deed for this [cause] have I raised thee up, for to shew [in] thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth.
    Romans 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
    That's pretty much what happened in book 9 1Samuel with Saul and David too.
    That's a pretty good find. It reminds me of Hanna's prayer earlier in the same book of 1 Samuel (Book 9):

1 And Hannah prayed, and said, My heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is exalted in the LORD: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation.2 There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God. 3 Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed. 4 The bows of the mighty men are broken, and they that stumbled are girded with strength. 5 They that were full have hired out themselves for bread; and they that were hungry ceased: so that the barren hath born seven; and she that hath many children is waxed feeble. 6The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up. 7 The LORD maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up. 8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD's, and he hath set the world upon them. 9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail. 10 The adversaries of the LORD shall be broken to pieces; out of heaven shall he thunder upon them: the LORD shall judge the ends of the earth; and he shall give strength unto his king, and exalt the horn of his anointed.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    That's a pretty good find. It reminds me of Hanna's prayer earlier in the same book of 1 Samuel (Book 9):

1 And Hannah prayed, and said, My heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is exalted in the LORD: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation.2 There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God. 3 Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed. 4 The bows of the mighty men are broken, and they that stumbled are girded with strength. 5 They that were full have hired out themselves for bread; and they that were hungry ceased: so that the barren hath born seven; and she that hath many children is waxed feeble. 6The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up. 7 The LORD maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up. 8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD's, and he hath set the world upon them. 9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail. 10 The adversaries of the LORD shall be broken to pieces; out of heaven shall he thunder upon them: the LORD shall judge the ends of the earth; and he shall give strength unto his king, and exalt the horn of his anointed.
    It reminds me of the 9th letter Tet which has the head and tail of a serpent - the head and the tail.

It reminds me of the 9th letter Tet which has the head and tail of a serpent - the head and the tail.
    And that reminds me of Isaiah 9 ...
    Isaiah 9:14 Therefore the LORD will cut off from Israel head and tail, branch and rush, in one day. 15 The ancient and honourable, he is the head; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail.
    And Revelation 9 ...
    Revelation 9:19 For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.
    And of course the reference to "serpent" links back to one of the symbolic meanings of the Ninth letter Tet. I wrote about these connections some years ago here.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

And that reminds me of Isaiah 9 ...
    Isaiah 9:14 Therefore the LORD will cut off from Israel head and tail, branch and rush, in one day. 15 The ancient and honourable, he is the head; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail.
    And Revelation 9 ...
    Revelation 9:19 For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.
    And of course the reference to "serpent" links back to one of the symbolic meanings of the Ninth letter Tet. I wrote about these connections some years ago here.
    Also lies - bearing false witness is forbidden in the 9th commandment. But I find that lies is used too often not necessarily linked to the #9.

Also lies - bearing false witness is forbidden in the 9th commandment. But I find that lies is used too often not necessarily linked to the #9.
    Well, there is a rather obvious link between lies and the serpent.

Check out my blog site

Well, there is a rather obvious link between lies and the serpent.
    Obadiah (spoke 9) spoke against Edom and in 1Samuel there was the Edomite Doeg who was allied to King Saul.

In 1Samuel Samuel and Saul almost worked side-by-side until Saul grieved God. King and Prophet, the head and the tail. Samuel seemed superior to Saul in the beginning.

Thread Information