Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aphrah - dust 330 Micah

Micah 1:10 Declare ye [it] not at Gath, weep ye not at all: in the house of Aphrah [ בית לעפרה Beyth lĕ-`Aphrah ] roll thyself in the dust [ עפר `aphar ].
    The word עפר means dust and has the Gemetria value of 330. Neglecting the 0 of 330 brings 33 which is the numerical position of the book of Micah. I don't know if it's a coincidence but the verse and chapter is 1:10. Again ignoring the 0 brings 11 which this time is the biblewheel numerical position of Micah - spoke 11.

The name house of Aphrah [ בית לעפרה Beyth lĕ-`Aphrah ] derives from the root word dust [ עפר `aphar ]

Book 10 and verse 10 of Micah:
    2Samuel 1:20 Tell נָגַד [it] not in Gath, publish [it] not in the streets of Askelon; lest the daughters of the Philistines rejoice, lest the daughters of the uncircumcised triumph.
    Micah 1:10 Declare נָגַד ye [it] not at Gath, weep ye not at all: in the house of Aphrah roll thyself in the dust.
    Last edited by gilgal; 06-22-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Look at the almost similar spelling of dust and ashes:
    Genesis 18
    And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which [am but] dust עָפָר and ashes אֵפֶר:

Hmmm... I keep recalculating the Gemetria of Ayin Pheh Resh. It doesn't add up to 330 but 350. My mistake. But it's still strange that the meaning of the name and the name would be found in the same verse.

Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    Hmmm... I keep recalculating the Gemetria of Ayin Pheh Resh. It doesn't add up to 330 but 350. My mistake. But it's still strange that the meaning of the name and the name would be found in the same verse.
    Good catch. I hate it when I do that!

But I don't think it strange - that kind of word play is very common in Hebrew, as we are discussing in the other thread.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Micah 1
    14 Therefore shalt thou give presents to Moreshethgath: the houses of Achzib shall be a lie to the kings of Israel - 1Kings known as book of the Kings of Israel Spoke 11.

Revelation 11
    10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    strange
    No. I meant that the significance of the name in that verse is great.

Micah 1
    14 Therefore shalt thou give presents to Moreshethgath: the houses of Achzib shall be a lie to the kings of Israel - 1Kings known as book of the Kings of Israel Spoke 11.

Revelation 11
    10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
    That's interesting. Remember Kaph is the sign an open hand and means "yours" or "thine" so it fits very well with the idea of giving gifts.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    No. I meant that the significance of the name in that verse is great.
    I think the connection was deliberate. The judgment on the house of Aphrah was declared by making a pun on his name, which is a way of adding insult to injury.

Micah 1:10 Declare ye [it] not at Gath, weep ye not at all: in the house of Aphrah [ בית לעפרה Beyth lĕ-`Aphrah ] roll thyself in the dust [ עפר `aphar ].

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    I think the connection was deliberate. The judgment on the house of Aphrah was declared by making a pun on his name, which is a way of adding insult to injury.

I wonder if these have anything to do with the death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. It's still far from a discovery though. But Gath means press and is used in the name Gethsemane which means olive press where Jesus wept before his crucifixion.

Thread Information