Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spoke 11

ight have taken over Israel because of Jesus' miracles

John 11, Caiaphas mentions that Rome might have taken over if they allowed Jesus to make miracles. The same reason the Beast comes to Jerusalem to kill the two witnesses.

Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    I ask the question to you guys.
    DO you think there are any links between John 11's death burial and resurrection of Lazarus and the death and resurrection of the two witnesses in Revelation 11?
    That's interesting. I've never thought about that one. I've been noticing a lot of pretty strong connections between Romans 11 and Revelation 11 (two olive trees, the remnant and the number 7000, time of the Gentiles), but I hadn't thought about the resurrection of Lazarus and the Two Witnesses. Thanks for the tip. Now that its floating in the back of my mind, something might pop up.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

"casting out" of the devil/ prince of darkness.

Of course both Revelation 12 and John 12 talk about the "casting out" of the devil/ prince of darkness.

Of course both Revelation 12 and John 12 talk about the "casting out" of the devil/ prince of darkness.
    Yes, that is a threefold KeyLink based on the set ("cast out", prince/world) which is found only in Matthew 12, John 12, and Rev 12. It links to the idea of the 12th letter Lamed which denotes an ox-goad, the instument of "pushing" which in this case manifests as in "pushing Satan out of heaven." I discuss this in my Inner Wheel of Matthew article on Matthew 12.
    • Mt 12:24 - But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
    • Joh 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
    • Re 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
    Richard
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Spoke 11 and the Resurrection

DO you think there are any links between John 11's death burial and resurrection of Lazarus and the death and resurrection of the two witnesses in Revelation 11?
    Yes, I do. In fact, the theme of "resurrection" is connected to Spoke 11. First we see the link between John 11 and Revelation 11:

Joh 11:39 Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.

Rev 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
    The two witnesses were resurected in the fourth day, which reminds of Lazarus. The death and resurrection of the two witnesses remind of the following Scripture on Spoke 11:

Micah 7:8 Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.
    This is part of a larger set of links between Revelatio 11 and Micah, as mentioned in the thread Micah's Connection to Revelation 11.

The ressurection of Lazarus in John 11 captured my attention because this special event links to the first resurrection recorded in the Bible. Where is it? In 1 Kings, on Spoke 11! It was an act performed by Elijah, who himself is densely connected to Spoke 11. We have the first resurrection recorded in the Bible aligned with the first ressurection recorded in John.

This kind of resurrection was short-lived, because both Lazarus and the widow's son ended up dying again. That's why read what's found in Hebrews 11:

Heb 11:35 Women received their dead raised to life again (as in 1 Kings and John 11): and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection.
    Those that died for being tortured would obtain a "better" resurrection than those that had been already resurrected and died, since the "better resurrection" lasts forever. That links to the Lord's teaching in John 11:

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.
    Some in the church misapply this teaching of the resurection, as explained in 2 Timothy, on Spoke 11 of the Bible Wheel:

2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
    2Ti 2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
    2Ti 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
    Spoke 11 and the resurrection are really connected. This is very interesting, since ressurection itself is linked to Spoke 22. Turning to the Wheel, we'll find that Spokes 11 and 22 reside on the same diameter. And they are united by the theme of resurrection! That's a beautiful tapestry!

What's the Hebrew for Caiaphas? Isn't it a Caph word?
    The meaning of Caiaphas is not clear, it may have a foreign origin, or may be correlated to Cephas. It may mean a depression, a dell. Though the meaning of his name seems uncertain, it is a Kaph word because it begins with Kappa, the Greek correspondent of Kaph.

I can't see a strong link between Kaiaphas, Kaph and John 11, except for the fact that he has a very peculiar role in this chapter that distinguishes him in the entire Gospel story.

John 11, Caiaphas mentions that Rome might have taken over if they allowed Jesus to make miracles. The same reason the Beast comes to Jerusalem to kill the two witnesses.
    Very interesting! The link makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgal

Yes, I do. In fact, the theme of "resurrection" is connected to Spoke 11. First we see the link between John 11 and Revelation 11:

Joh 11:39 Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.
    The two witnesses were resurected in the fourth day, which reminds of Lazarus. The death and resurrection of the two witnesses remind of the following Scripture on Spoke 11:

Rev 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
    This is part of a larger set of links between Revelatio 11 and Micah, as mentioned in the thread Micah's Connection to Revelation 11.
    Victor!

You humble me. Your insights are tremendous. If I had a "Bible Wheel University" you be awarded a Ph. D.!

I think it is particularly significant that the chapter sequence of John is linked to the book sequence of the Bible by the first occurrence of a resurrection. Some years ago, when I was spending a lot of time exploring gematria, I had a "tingle" that there was a link between the Number 11 and Resurrection. Actually, it was more linked to powers of 11. A few examples:

11 x 11 x 9 = In three days (John 2.19)

11 x 11 x 26 = The Resurrection of the Dead (1 Cor 15:42)

11 x 11 x 28 = And they shall never perish (John 10:28)

11 x 11 x 36 = Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again. (John 11:23)

We also have a link to the polar opposite of this theme:

11 x 11 x 11 x 2 = The Power of Death (Heb 2.14)

This intuition about some connection between the Number 11 and resurrection has always floated in the back of my mind, but I've never put the whole picture together. The connection with Spoke 11 looks very promising. Thanks!

Richard

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    11 x 11 x 9 = In three days (John 2.19)

11 x 11 x 26 = The Resurrection of the Dead (1 Cor 15:42)

11 x 11 x 28 = And they shall never perish (John 10:28)

11 x 11 x 36 = Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again. (John 11:23)

We also have a link to the polar opposite of this theme:

11 x 11 x 11 x 2 = The Power of Death (Heb 2.14)

This intuition about some connection between the Number 11 and resurrection has always floated in the back of my mind, but I've never put the whole picture together. The connection with Spoke 11 looks very promising. Thanks!

Richard
    Wow indeed! The 11th son Joseph was almost resurrected when he interpreted the dreams of Pharaoh and was promoted to be 2nd in command.

So are there links of phrases to the first resurrection in 1 Kings and John 11? or Revelation 11?...

Wow indeed! The 11th son Joseph was almost resurrected when he interpreted the dreams of Pharaoh and was promoted to be 2nd in command.

So are there links of phrases to the first resurrection in 1 Kings and John 11? or Revelation 11?...
    Hey Gilgal,

Excellent insight! And I think we would be correct to say that he actually was raised from the dead typologically, since his whole experience of being thrown in the pit (stripped of his garment and buried), taken out (resurrected), and made ruler over Egypt (ascension to the throne) matches the story of Christ. And there are many other links that I don't have time to list right now.

As for 1 Kings and John .... I'll need to check into that.

Richard

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Hey Gilgal,

Excellent insight! And I think we would be correct to say that he actually was raised from the dead typologically, since his whole experience of being thrown in the pit (stripped of his garment and buried), taken out (resurrected), and made ruler over Egypt (ascension to the throne) matches the story of Christ. And there are many other links that I don't have time to list right now.

As for 1 Kings and John .... I'll need to check into that.

Richard
    What's the word for resurrection in Hebrew?

What's the word for resurrection in Hebrew?
    The word is תחיה (T'chiyah). It is the verbal noun fromed by prefixing a Tav to the root Chayah (To Live). God used the corresponding verb in the penultimate Tav verse of Psalm 119:

Psa 119:175 Let my soul live (T'chi naphshi), and it shall praise thee; and let thy judgments help me.

This links to the fundamental theme of Resurrection that is particularly dominant on Spoke 22 because of its relation to the universal resurrection at the consummation of all things. Here are some of the Tav KeyWords relating to this theme (from the linked article):

Here is a graph of the distribution of "resurrection" on the Wheel:

The phrase T'chi naphshi (Let my soul live) has an interesing gematria:

22 x 19 = 418 = T'chi (Let live)
    22 x 20 = 440 = Naphshi (my soul)

22 x 39 = 858 = Let my soul live = Nishmat Chayam (Breath of Life, Gen 2.7)

The phrase "Breath of Life" becomes an anagram of "Let my soul live" after we divide the Pey = 80 into two Mem's (40 + 40). This mimics the tradition that God divided the Yod = 10 of Sarai into to Hey's (5 + 5) when He gave them their new names.

Note that 22 = 11 + 11 and that Spoke 22 is diametrically opposed to Spoke 11 on the Wheel and that the theme of Resurrection is linked particularly to Spoke 11 and Spoke 22 in that the first resurrection is found in Book 11 (1 Kings) and universal resurrection at the consummation is on Spoke 22 in Revelation.

Richard

Check out my blog site

Thread Information