Quote Originally Posted by Twospirits View Post
First, the 'distinction' between Jehovah and Christ standing on the Mt. Of Olives was not why I posted. I posted because of the statement you made as to the 'time' of Zech 14's fulfillment, and not 'whether it was Jehovah or Christ' who fulfilled it. So the 'time' of fulfillment does matter! For the proof of fulfillment of Zech 14 (in Zechariah's time according to you) would confirm your case as being true, and the Dispensationalists wrong. Otherwise your claim that it was fulfilled in Zechariah's time is left unconfirmed, thus invalid.

God bless---Twospirits
TS,

The reason why you posted is a diversion from my purpose for starting this thread. I want to establish FIRST that there is no prophecy in the scripture which says that Christ will physically return to earth. The Zechariah 14 prophecy about Jehovah coming and standing on the mt. of Olives is a favorite "proof text" employed by the Futurists in support of their notion that Christ will physically return to earth. It clearly is not.

We cannot proceed to discuss your issues UNTIL you have conceded that the prophecy does NOT say that Christ will physically return to earth. I will be glad to discuss the timing in conjunction with the conditional nature of the fulfillment of Zechariah's prophecies AFTER you have conceded that Zechariah offers you no proof whatsoever that Christ will physically return to earth.

Otherwise your claim that it was fulfilled in Zechariah's time is left unconfirmed, thus invalid.
You err because the fulfillment of the prophecy was conditional. Zechariah began with Jehovah saying,

"Return to me and I will return to you says Jehovah" (1:3)

This tells us immediately that Jehovah's return to His people in 14:4 was CONDITIONAL and the fact that He returned to them establishes only that they met the first conditions. It did not guarantee that the prophecies to follow would be fulfilled if they did not continue to meet God's conditions.

It is my contention that the Jews failed to meet God's conditions and therefore Zechariah's kingdom prophecies cannot be fulfilled. Their continued failures resulted in Christ providing for the remnant something far better than that which Zechariah spoke about.

Again, I FIRST need a clear statement from you that Zechariah 14:4 does NOT prove the Futurist contention that Christ will physically return to the earth. Then we may proceed.

thanks,

KJ