Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Harold Camping is "explaining" his false prophecy Live online!

Click here to listen online:

www.familyradio.com
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

The crazed SHIT-FOR-BRAINS Harold "JW" Camping says that his prophecies of May 21 were "spiritually fulfilled" and now the "literal fulfillment" will happen on October 21, 2011 as predicted.

I wonder how many of his SHIT-FOR-BRAINS zombie followers will believe him?
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Not from this world...from the other side
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    The crazed SHIT-FOR-BRAINS Harold "JW" Camping says that his prophecies of May 21 were "spiritually fulfilled" and now the "literal fulfillment" will happen on October 21, 2011 as predicted.

"Spiritually fulfilled" is just an excuse - does it ring a bell? When something did not seems to literally occurred, the best and easy way out is to say it has been spiritually fulfilled. Now I wonder if this same tactic applies to AD 70....is the preterist's belief of Jesus return in AD 70 literal or spiritual?

When Oct 21, 2011 comes and nothing happened, it will be declared as spiritually fulfilled again. And a new date will emerged and spiritually fulfilled again. This will goes on and on until when Harold Camping last day on earth has been literally fulfilled. That day will be considered his version of the end of the world literally fulfilled. Don't fall for the scam guys, the world will not end on Oct 21, 2011 - guaranteed. No one knows when the end will come except God the Father....Get it?

Many Blessings.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    "Spiritually fulfilled" is just an excuse - does it ring a bell? When something did not seems to literally occurred, the best and easy way out is to say it has been spiritually fulfilled. Now I wonder if this same tactic applies to AD 70....is the preterist's belief of Jesus return in AD 70 literal or spiritual?

When Oct 21, 2011 comes and nothing happened, it will be declared as spiritually fulfilled again. And a new date will emerged and spiritually fulfilled again. This will goes on and on until when Harold Camping last day on earth has been literally fulfilled. That day will be considered his version of the end of the world literally fulfilled. Don't fall for the scam guys, the world will not end on Oct 21, 2011 - guaranteed. No one knows when the end will come except God the Father....Get it?

Many Blessings.
    You are right CHW. Harold Camping is the quintessential "Christian" because Christianity has no literal evidence for it's truth. Christians only believe that when they "pray" for salvation, something happened "spiritually." But just like Harold Camping's "prophecies" there is NO EVIDENCE that God ever answers any prayers. Nothing literally happens. It's all made up, just like the crazy prophecies of Harold Camping.

There is as much evidence for Harold Camping's prophecies as there is for the existence of of a God that answers prayers.

Check out my blog site

The guy just became a 21st century partial preterist. What a hoot.

Justice at the expense of the truth is not justice at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Didymus View Post
    The guy just became a 21st century partial preterist. What a hoot.

I don't think you want to bring eschatology into this. Preterism is based on the plain statements of Christ which clearly indicate that he believed the end would happen in the first century. In other words, the first century predictions of Jesus in the New Testament are no different than the twenty-first century predictions of Harold Camping. They both have been proven wrong.

Check out my blog site

I don't think you want to bring eschatology into this. Preterism is based on the plain statements of Christ which clearly indicate that he believed the end would happen in the first century. In other words, the first century predictions of Jesus in the New Testament are no different than the twenty-first century predictions of Harold Camping. They both have been proven wrong.
    Where lies the proof that Jesus did not return just as he said he would?

Quote Originally Posted by throwback View Post
    Where lies the proof that Jesus did not return just as he said he would?
    There is no such "proof." My comment was in response to a Futurist who was implying that Preterists are just like Harold Camping because Preterists supposedly say that Christ's "second coming" in the first century was "spiritual" and not literal like the Futurists think he predicted.

Personally, I think both Preterists and Futurists are wrong because the Bible is wrong on this point. Jesus clearly expected a world transforming event every bit as literal as the Rapture, physical resurrection, and world-wide earthquake predicted by Harold Camping. Both Jesus and Harold Camping have been proven wrong. They are two peas in an apocalyptic pod.

Check out my blog site

There is no such "proof." My comment was in response to a Futurist who was implying that Preterists are just like Harold Camping because Preterists supposedly say that Christ's "second coming" in the first century was "spiritual" and not literal like the Futurists think he predicted.

Personally, I think both Preterists and Futurists are wrong because the Bible is wrong on this point. Jesus clearly expected a world transforming event every bit as literal as the Rapture, physical resurrection, and world-wide earthquake predicted by Harold Camping. Both Jesus and Harold Camping have been proven wrong. They are two peas in an apocalyptic pod.
    RAM

I guess that would make all of us SHIT-FOR-BRAINS, being in both a Futurest or Preterist paradigm.
    Brother Les

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
    I guess that would make all of us SHIT-FOR-BRAINS, being in both a Futurest or Preterist paradigm.
    Well ... I hadn't intended to imply that all Bible-believers are equivalent to Harold Camping in every particular. There are degrees of SHIT-FOR-BRAINS-NESS. I've suffered from plenty of it at various times in my life.

But I think my observation is true. It seems pretty clear that the statements attributed to Christ in the NT predicted a total physical transformation of the universe, including a physical resurrection. The only reason we feel compelled to reject the plain words of the Bible is because we are trying to "rescue" it from being obviously false. Unfortunately, many of the "word games" and "mental gymnastics" required to save the Bible from the evidence sound identical to the insane ravings of Harold Camping who declares that everything he predicted about May 21 is correct, except that nothing actually happened.

Check out my blog site

Thread Information