Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Pray?

Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Well, in my thread of Problem solving ( http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1096 ), I did indicated that if praying, repentance and fasting failed, then the problem might be you. I think your health problems may be caused by weight, unhealthy diet, sedentary lifestyle, stress etc.
    Sorry CHW, but that's ridiculous. God does not answer anyone's prayers for things like restoring amputated limbs and other things that can be objectively verified. When you say that God answers "20%" of your prayers, I know you are not talking about real things that could be verified, but rather personal things that you privately think and feel he answered. I know this as an absolute fact: God does not, as a general rule, answer the prayers of anyone. Think of all the sick people at a Benny Hinn carnival. There are hundreds of people in the audience with real maladies like MS that keep them in wheel chairs. He never heals any of them. NEVER! He's a scam artist, yet thousands and thousands of people believe in him and give him millions and millions of dollars. I know that he is a total fake because Hank Hanegraaff asked him for his three best confirmed miracles, and not one of them stood up under scrutiny.

So please deal with the facts of reality. It is a grave error to pretend that God does things he does not do.

And as for my "health" issues. I was talking specifically about a time when I was carrying one of my sons up a hill on my shoulders and one of my calf muscles exploded. I stopped and prayed for God to heal it, and he ignored me so I was hobbled for about six weeks. And another time another son was very constipated and in pain. so I prayed for God to heal him and again he ignored me and let my son suffer and have his 8 year old faith challenged since he saw that God does not really answer prayers. None of this had anything to do with sin in my life or sedentary life style or anything like that. It is a simple fact that God does not, as a general rule, answer anyone's prayers. There is no way to argue against this because it is a fact of reality. I've known thousands of Christians over a span of decades, and I've never seen anyone's prayers regularly answered. And the times when folks thought their prayers were "answered" is was usually just a coincidence, though I will admit there are a few rare instances that still appear to be valid. But that would account for about 0.5% of all prayers at best - the number is so small it is probably just the result of random chance. There CERTAINLY is no evidence of a "Father-like God" who actually watches over Christians. On the contrary, any statistical measure will show that accidents, sickness, and death happen to Christians, Muslims, Hindus, and Atheist in equal measure. There is no evidence of any God "overlooking" the lives of Christians. Sorry. But these are the facts. If you disagree, please provide some objective evidence supporting your claim.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd C. View Post
    Some believe that "Prayer
    is that Power".unknowing it is there faith in Prayer that opens the Power of believeing without
    the suggested Doubt" in the latter sense, with unbelief or a sense of uncertainty.

Mark|11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto
    this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and
    shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things
    which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Matthew|14:30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid;
    and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
    Matthew|14:31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and
    caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore
    didst thou doubt?

"The case is the same in other instances: Doubt, Vanity, Wrath,
    Envy, Lust, Shame, Enmity, every one of them occasions thoughts
    suitable to its own nature. And so does every sinful temper of which
    the human mind is capable.: It suffices to observe, that as many
    evil tempers find a place in any soul, so many ways that soul will
    depart from God .We will understand the very springs of thought;
    and know on which the imagination, the understanding, and every
    other faculty of the mind more immediately depends on the seven I have listed.
    And hereby they know how, by affecting those, to affect the operations dependent on
    them. Add to this, that they can inject a thousand thoughts, without
    any of the preceding means; it being as natural for spirit to act
    upon spirit, as for matter to act upon matter. These things being
    considered, we cannot admire that our thought so often wanders from
    any point which we have in view. And the same we may observe of
    those which are suggested or injected by the devil. When they
    minister to any earthly or devilish temper, (which they do, whenever
    we give place to them, and thereby make them our own,) then they are
    equally sinful with the tempers to which they minister.
    The amazingly large percentage of human disease and suffering which
    is directly traceable to worry, fear, conflict, immorality,
    dissipation, - to unwholesome thinking and unclean living. The
    sincere acceptance of the principles and teachings of Christ with
    respect to the life of mental peace and joy, the life of unselfish
    thought and clean living, would at once wipe out more than half the
    difficulties , diseases, and sorrows of the human race. In other
    words,I believe one half of the present affliction of mankind could
    be prevented by the tremendous prophylactic power of actually living
    up to the persona and practical spirit of the real teachings of
    Christ. The teachings of Jesus applied to our modern civilization -
    understandingly applied, not merely nominally accepted - would so
    purify, uplift, and vitalize us. Some day man may awake to the fact
    that the teachings of Christ are potent and powerful in preventing
    and curing disease. Some day our boasted scientific development, as
    regards to mental and moral improvement, may indeed catch up with the
    teachings of the son of God.

But what do I know? . Lloyd.
    Hey there Lloyd,

Are those your words, or are you quoting someone else? If the latter, please provide the source.

Thanks!

Richard
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Sorry CHW, but that's ridiculous. God does not answer anyone's prayers for things like restoring amputated limbs and other things that can be objectively verified. When you say that God answers "20%" of your prayers, I know you are not talking about real things that could be verified, but rather personal things that you privately think and feel he answered. I know this as an absolute fact: God does not, as a general rule, answer the prayers of anyone. Think of all the sick people at a Benny Hinn carnival. There are hundreds of people in the audience with real maladies like MS that keep them in wheel chairs. He never heals any of them. NEVER! He's a scam artist, yet thousands and thousands of people believe in him and give him millions and millions of dollars. I know that he is a total fake because Hank Hanegraaff asked him for his three best confirmed miracles, and not one of them stood up under scrutiny.

So please deal with the facts of reality. It is a grave error to pretend that God does things he does not do.

And as for my "health" issues. I was talking specifically about a time when I was carrying one of my sons up a hill on my shoulders and one of my calf muscles exploded. I stopped and prayed for God to heal it, and he ignored me so I was hobbled for about six weeks. And another time another son was very constipated and in pain. so I prayed for God to heal him and again he ignored me and let my son suffer and have his 8 year old faith challenged since he saw that God does not really answer prayers. None of this had anything to do with sin in my life or sedentary life style or anything like that. It is a simple fact that God does not, as a general rule, answer anyone's prayers. There is no way to argue against this because it is a fact of reality. I've known thousands of Christians over a span of decades, and I've never seen anyone's prayers regularly answered. And the times when folks thought their prayers were "answered" is was usually just a coincidence, though I will admit there are a few rare instances that still appear to be valid. But that would account for about 0.5% of all prayers at best - the number is so small it is probably just the result of random chance. There CERTAINLY is no evidence of a "Father-like God" who actually watches over Christians. On the contrary, any statistical measure will show that accidents, sickness, and death happen to Christians, Muslims, Hindus, and Atheist in equal measure. There is no evidence of any God "overlooking" the lives of Christians. Sorry. But these are the facts. If you disagree, please provide some objective evidence supporting your claim.

Check out my blog site

Thread Information