Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Glenwood Ar
    Posts
    88

    What makes the books of the Bible authoritative?

    Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    My question is what makes any of these books authoritative? How and why were they accepted in the bible?
    Good question gilgal....I can only think of one scripture by Paul.This referring to all scripture being inspired by God......& I guess that means what Paul wrote in His epistles since they are canonized.So what is all scripture & did that include the books of the Apocrypha .But the best answer I can give is: Because they say so.They being the ones that had authority to canonize.

    That is my question back to you.......who gave them the authority to say which are acceptable as scripture.And since the books have been reduced, then my guess is that Protestants think Martin Luther as a canonized saint,even though I don't think the HRCC canonized him as a saint. tee hee

    I am done with reading all the old commentaries.I trust my discernment more than I trust theirs. If my discernment is poor, like theirs,then I fall into the same category as all of them, being wrong...Right?

    Lack discernment?

    Then go to the Trinity Broadcasting Network for practice......Pick any one of them cats, and follow their discernment,while sending them cats your seed money.They will plant it for you.....there are many needy on the streets & neighbors that really need your loving help, and they have no Rolex to pawn, no mansions nor jet planes to fuel & keep up.

    Discernment is a gift of the grace that God gives to those that really have heartfelt desires for the truth & the will to obey the truth, and then by sincere asking, Father will not give his son a stone or serpent when asking for bread. That is the promise I read & believe, in one of them canonized books....You have to go for yourself in these matters concerning the word, as least that is my discernment I get from reading scripture.
    In His love, Chas.
    Isa 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD:

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wade View Post
    Good question gilgal....I can only think of one scripture by Paul.This referring to all scripture being inspired by God......& I guess that means what Paul wrote in His epistles since they are canonized.So what is all scripture & did that include the books of the Apocrypha .But the best answer I can give is: Because they say so.They being the ones that had authority to canonize.

    That is my question back to you.......who gave them the authority to say which are acceptable as scripture.And since the books have been reduced, then my guess is that Protestants think Martin Luther as a canonized saint,even though I don't think the HRCC canonized him as a saint. tee hee

    I am done with reading all the old commentaries.I trust my discernment more than I trust theirs. If my discernment is poor, like theirs,then I fall into the same category as all of them, being wrong...Right?

    Lack discernment?

    Then go to the Trinity Broadcasting Network for practice......Pick any one of them cats, and follow their discernment,while sending them cats your seed money.They will plant it for you.....there are many needy on the streets & neighbors that really need your loving help, and they have no Rolex to pawn, no mansions nor jet planes to fuel & keep up.

    Discernment is a gift of the grace that God gives to those that really have heartfelt desires for the truth & the will to obey the truth, and then by sincere asking, Father will not give his son a stone or serpent when asking for bread. That is the promise I read & believe, in one of them canonized books....You have to go for yourself in these matters concerning the word, as least that is my discernment I get from reading scripture.
    In His love, Chas.
    When we look at the books of the prophets we know that they are inspired because they prophesied about the fall of Israel, Judea and the surrounding nations.
    So Isaiah-Malachi are inspired.
    Also to bear in mind that these prophets about things that didn't occur in their time like fulfillment of the Gospel, hundreds of years later. But this shows that if the first predictions came to pass then so would the latter predictions.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Glenwood Ar
    Posts
    88

    I agree

    Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    When we look at the books of the prophets we know that they are inspired because they prophesied about the fall of Israel, Judea and the surrounding nations.
    So Isaiah-Malachi are inspired.
    Yes exactly my feelings also. I believe all the prophecies..Also keep in mind, a prophet of God is only a prophet while he is prophesying. There are reports in the book of 2Kings of Elisha, after receiving the double portion of Elijah's power, exercised this power to create a Bear from a stick and devour children.You have the prophet that lied when the army came in to camp & God blinded them and the prophet led the enemy soldiers to the stronghold & God open up their eyes and they were surrounded. [help...who & where?]
    And my favorite story is on the reluctant prophet Balaam as King Balak offers Balaam honours to curse Israel, just to bear in mind that these prophets are only prophets when they are prophesying.

    Then you have Jeremiah that was foreknow by God and sanctified and ordain in the womb. Now there is a perfect spirit that God put into that prophet. Then you "have a man that was sent from God", John the baptist filled with the H.S in the womb,signifies the same to me as Jeremiah, a perfected spirit, to fulfill his mission....... the spirit of Elijah was put into John the baptist because Jesus said so twice in the same book, and by definition, that is reincarnation..... correct me if I am wrong, please. That is a spirit being incarnated back in to a human body. Looks like God sent Elijah's spirit back to earth, because man is appointed once to die.

    Seeing this says appointed, means that appointment can be broken, because the ones that are taken up from this earth to meet those in the clouds with the appearing of Jesus, on the last day, on resurrection day when all will receive a new garment or body for their spirit,which is also judgment day ,the great White Throne Judgment, the separating of the goats & sheep, yep all in the same hour,same day. Revelation 20:5 was added ,just check it out here and the codex known reliability.http://codexsinaiticus.org/en/manusc...5&zoomSlider=0

    Just look at the confusion this caused, by a scribe inserting this verse later Please don't tell me that the KJV is inerrant, it is not even in brackets...... My discernment tells me that not all scripture is inspired by God, how did it slip in if the KJV is inerrant. It has many added so called scripture.
    Gilgal, I really think all the 72 original canonized and many more books were actually inspired by God, just that imperfect man through free will has made changes, and probably added pagan doctrines, myths, who knows what all, and that is up to each individual soul to discern the truth.

    I just don't buy all scripture is inerrant [what us Christians now have as our bible] and all inspired by God. It was pure truth when it was first received,but oral history by imperfect man and translations also, but mainly to what condition the perfect word was in by the time it was written. Come on Moses was a Johnny come lately to have recorded the first 5 books. I don't read that Moses was filled by the H.S. or ordained as a scribe.
    Most Christians will not even read the book of Enoch, a man that was favored of God because of his walk in the will of God, & was translated to heaven without death. Tell me that Enoch would record something from his vain imagination.

    In conclusion, yes the books of the Prophets are very reliable in my discernment and possibly inerrant because the all prophecies bear witness to the truth.. Please point out something that don't jive in them,because I am unaware of any.
    I bet RAM or Rose would know if any discrepancy exist .

    Just my view on this Gilgal. Blessings, Chas
    Last edited by Charles Wade; 03-30-2011 at 07:31 PM.
    Isa 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD:

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Glenwood Ar
    Posts
    88

    Talking about Scribes & Prophets

    Hey Gil, Remember when I said this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wade View Post
    Good question gilgal....
    I am done with reading all the old commentaries.I trust my discernment more than I trust theirs. If my discernment is poor, like theirs,then I fall into the same category as all of them, being wrong...Right? Chas.
    Look at this commentary , it explains my thoughts better.. There are many commentaries on this subject of the validity of all scripture & why? After reading the many it shed new light for me. I try to relate all the wisdom in the commentaries, but I am not a good writer. These are new commentaries to me and I call them revelations because I now believe them.
    Many believers are now looking for the end time prophet Elijah and the two witnesses.
    Because God will always send prophets & seers to earth to warn all people because His word is continually be changed by bad interpretations and the taking on of false doctrines aka misguided teachings. He has promised his disciples/followers He will guide us by spirit, and He will never leave us alone and will be with us till the end,my friend, the end looks soon..... look at the constant build up & the mess that is happening...What birth pangs....The Illuminati has but a short time. When Damascus becomes a ruinous heap, the clock is started and if we don't recognize the season for fig trees, we better take a horticulture course. Watch out Hal, Jack & Rexella he he, you will have time to write another book or two,if you can find your pencil.... Surprise, like a thief in the night, looks like you have to endure to the end my friend. At least that is what I am preparing for, to endure till the end.

    We as sheep, should be able to recognize/discern our shepherds voice, so He can leads us into greener pastures, and to still waters to rest beside while He restores our souls. Just by us sheep hearkening to the voice we recognize as our Shepard's voice and following Him.

    It is still up to free will all the way, even tho I have views similar to Universalism, they just can't answer:How is God is going to do it, and predestination is way overplayed to error to my belief and there is no judgment to commendation from my quick study of it. Correct me if I am wrong, Rose has studies it well, I am pretty sure. I rushed it it because, when I first heard of it, I had seen it all in scripture and the evidence is to almost proof positive to my intellect, and my spirit agrees with all returning home, but not without judgment & it will take more than one salvation period and that is for sure.
    Check this out. In His love, Chas.

    BD 5710 received 28.6.1953

    Book of Books.... God's Word....

    The Scriptures, which testify of Me, would fully suffice to proclaim My will to people, it would also guide them to the light, to enlightenment, if My will were done, and they would attain beatitude. Yet this book, the Book of the Fathers, has lost its value for many people; it is no longer the book which imparts My Word to them because their unbelief also concerns the origin of the Scriptures, they cannot believe that My spirit was working in My disciples, that this spirit motivated them to write down what I Myself did and taught while I lived on earth. And therefore they no longer appraise this Word of Mine as it should be appraised.... as the proclamation of My will which requires people to fulfil the commandments.... of love for God and their neighbour....

    They would only need to acknowledge that these two commandments were given to people by Me and if they endeavoured to live on earth in accordance with these two commandments they would very soon learn to appreciate the accuracy and truth of all other teachings which My disciples recorded on My behalf for all people.... But they do not live with love, and therefore they also lack understanding for everything contained in the Scriptures. As a result, they also doubt the origin, they do not recognise Me as the source of the Word that testifies of Me. However, they nevertheless should be informed of My Word, they nevertheless should know My will and thus made directly aware of the One Who manifests Himself in many ways....

    They should know that it is possible for Me to convey My Word to earth at any time, that I instruct people through the spirit at all times just as I taught My apostles when I no longer lived amongst them in the flesh. They should know that the pouring out of the spirit was not a unique occurrence which only happened to My disciples, but that time and again I pour My spirit into an open vessel, that I instruct people in the same way as I once instructed My disciples and thus convey My Word to them, which again only reveals My will to live within love, and as a result of their compliance with My will to then guide the person into truth, to explain to him the correlation between the creation and its creator, the destiny and goal of everything that is visible, thus to bestow comprehensive knowledge to him which denotes brightest light to the soul and enables it to find the path to eternal life....

    By transmitting My Word I only intend to achieve the possibility for the human being to shape himself into love.... The Scriptures, too, only ever teach love, thus its origin has to be from Me Myself, Who is eternal love. But since love has grown cold amongst humanity, people are no longer able to recognise the deeper value of what is written, they are spiritually blind and lack all judgment. Therefore they shall be confronted again by living representatives of My Word who, although they will not bring them anything new, they will nevertheless be able to advocate the old Word with conviction and demonstrate it anew.... namely, that love is the first commandment I expect to be fulfilled, and that all additional knowledge, the higher awareness of truth, only arises from love.... My Word shall be widely spread again, for once again I say to My chosen disciples `Go into the world and teach all nations....' For people have to hear My Gospel, they have to know that the Scriptures may not be dismissed, that it comprises the truth which I Myself proclaimed to My disciples through the spirit.... They should know that I will always and forever transmit the same Word to earth and that My Word will remain even when heaven and earth pass away....Amen
    Last edited by Charles Wade; 03-31-2011 at 02:20 AM.
    Isa 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD:

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wade
    Bear from a stick and devour children
    They were real bears.

    I'm sure that the translators of the King James had reasons to translate certain phrases/words in certain ways. I wonder if they have writings to explain their actions.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Glenwood Ar
    Posts
    88

    Question Validity of all scripture being inspired

    Gil,I found another one..... This explains more and has added details therefore adds a little more understanding to the first one.
    Hey Ram, suppose you move these out of Dans thread? I feel I have hijacked his thread by steering off subject. Perhaps to your Moral Argument thread? Thx for the consideration



    BD 0185 received 17.11.1937



    Old Testament.... BD 0185 received 17.11.1937

    Your spiritual knowledge will grow if you willingly put your trust in us and stay devoted to your Saviour in constant love. We are instructed to tell you about the teachings of the Old Testament. Before the Saviour became a human being, God gave His voice to His prophets and conveyed His commandments through them. They taught that the Messiah would come to bring Salvation to all mankind. Yet God, the Lord, never gave them the instruction to provide information about the sins of the Fathers.... Just like today, God has always proclaimed to people that they should live in faith and with love for the Creator. And yet people brought documents into being which intended to testify of the Lord's will.... It could be called presumptuous had such documents not been produced with the best of intention to thereby serve the Lord and Creator of heaven and earth.

    And now, as a result of these teachings, people try to deny everything.... even the Words of the Lord Himself, Who had given them through His prophets for the benefit of people. Therefore, do not reject what is beyond your judgment.... Let God reign anew and accept what He sends to you in clear Words which will touch your hearts and which you will understand better than the Book of the Fathers. But this, too, is incorrect.... what you do not understand you should not judge.... Do not reject it, for in so doing you can reject much truth as well.... No house should be without the Word of God, yet even if the Old Book no longer provides anything of comfort to you, do not dismiss it.... times have changed and with it also people's way of speaking.... Do not renounce the Word of God, instead, appeal to the Father for enlightened reading.... that you correctly understand what He gave to you through the prophets.... and that the teachings of truth should be imparted to you. Time and again the divine Father's love will find ways and means for His teachings to find a way into people's hearts.... and to protect you from error He will guide your thoughts, if only you want to understand and to receive divine truths from the Book of Books and not try to ascertain people's weaknesses and faults in a human way.

    Only pure, virtuous, God-devoted thinking will vouch for the truthfulness of the Words which God lovingly conveys through His instruments to His earthly children. If this thinking is combined with earthly endeavour.... if it is not entirely focused on the Heavenly Father, then every work created by human hand will no longer be purely divine but humanly misguided.... and this explains why so many spiritual investigators refuse to accept the spiritual teachings. Yet here again the fact applies that science is unable to fathom what is truth and what are wrong teachings.... the realisation only comes to those who take refuge with the Heavenly Father and appeal to Him for enlightenment. He will not refuse His grace to them and lead them onto the right path.... the path of realisation. Hence, confidently submit yourself to our Words and take notice of everything God bestows on you in order to reveal the pure truth to you....

    Amen
    Isa 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD:

  7. #7
    [QUOTE=Charles Wade;29750]Good question gilgal....I can only think of one scripture by Paul.This referring to all scripture being inspired by God......& I guess that means what Paul wrote in His epistles since they are canonized.So what is all scripture & did that include the books of the Apocrypha .But the best answer I can give is: Because they say so.They being the ones that had authority to canonize.

    That is my question back to you.......who gave them the authority to say which are acceptable as scripture.And since the books have been reduced,

    Hello Charles, nice to meet you.

    Now, you say "since the books have been reduced,"

    Charles, this is the whole point of my thread about the amazing Bible Canons! No one reduced the books in any of the Bible Canons. Look at them again. When Jesus Christ came and planted the seeds of Christianity a Christian Bible Canon was established. This Christian Bible Canon used the Hebrew Bible of the diaspora Jews to which they added 27 books about Christianity. This made the Greek Christian Bible contain 77 books. This Greek Orthodox Canon still stands today as the most prominent Othodox Bible.

    Then when the Protestants reformed the church, because it had been hyjacked by the non-Christian Medicis (Pope Leo X - Geovani Medici), they had to establish a true Christian Bible. What did they do?

    In order to be accurate and to not include or exclude any books on their own part, they used the Massoretic Hebrew Text for it's contents but arranged them in the Christian Bible order. They did not include or exclude any books from these and they did not change the order of the books at all.

    See how the 66 book Protestant Bible contains only the books of the Hebrew Massoretic Text, and see how they are in the exact order as were the Orthodox and Catholic bibles before it.

    So the Protestant 66 book Bible has no changes. Martin Luther made not one change and omitted no books at all. He used all of the Hebrew Bible books and he adhered exactly to the order of all the Christian Bibles before him. And by doing this we have today a miraculuous arrangement of Bible Books as has been pointed out to us on this Bible Wheel by Ram!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,498
    This might seem to be a trite reply but I accept that God is behind selecting the books that are in our present-day Bible. Men and women might think they are making a free choice and do not realize how God is using them to bring about his plan for the earth and is in controll. God's influence is the same as God "ruling in the kingdoms of men".

    Paul the Apostle as has already been quoted and he believed all scripture has been given by the inspriation of God and men wrote as they were inspired by God. Most of the scriptures selected appear to have the stamp of the authority of God in them, although there are a couple of books that do not have reference to God and yet have an important message to us from which we can learn.

    All the writings in the New Testament have value in them and I believe God has caused to be written and preserved. We can see from what has been written about that there has to be a certain amount of inspiration involved in the same way that the scriptures of the Old Testament were inspired.

    It is also a fact that over the centuries despite all attempts to destroy the Bible utterly, the Bible has survived. The Bible is a miracle. It is God's intention that His Word is preserved and the only explamation the Bible has survived is the miraclousness power of God at work. This is the same as the Jews surviving all the attempts to destroy them utterly and we see how God has preserved the Jews to bring them back into the land of Israel as He said he would do after he caused them to be scattered throughout the world in the first place.

    I simply give God the credit for the collection of books that we have in the Bible and for the fact the Bible has survived all attempts to destroy it.

    David
    Last edited by David M; 02-10-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •