Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Hi TheForgiven,

1. Quote by BibleScribe:
    ... salvation is not dependent on understanding prophecy ...

Ref:
    a. Luke 23:43 Jesus answered him, 'Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.'
    b. Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

2. Quote by TheForgiven:
    "Bible Scribe", ..., claims that salvation is not connected with Prophesy, ...
    "Prophesy is directly relative to salvation."

I have provided my words and the Scriptural basis.
    Please clarify why your assertions do not match my words, and provide what you believe to be a Scripturally based objection to my words.

BibleScribe

Quote Originally Posted by BibleScribe View Post
    Hi TheForgiven,

1. Quote by BibleScribe:

Ref:
    a. Luke 23:43 Jesus answered him, 'Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.'
    b. Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

2. Quote by TheForgiven:

Please clarify why your assertions do not match my words, and provide what you believe to be a Scripturally based objection to my words.

BibleScribe
    This is a classic example of taking verses out of context my friend.

When Jesus said to the thief on the cross, "Today, you will be with Me in Paradise", does this imply in any way that we who exist today, will be in the paradise of God if we lie about Prophesy? Does it also mean that if we sin intentionally, despite having received the knowledge of the truth, that we will still inherit eternal salvation? You quoted Romans 10 as justification for this belief. My friend, that is a grave error.

Romans 10:9:10 is not a message of eternal security for sinners after rebirth. Romans 10:9-10 is an explanation about the receiving of the wonders or laws of God. When you read the context of Romans 10, Paul was explaining and contrasting the difference between the laws of Moses being delivered to the Hebrews, to the Laws of Christ being delivered to our hearts. Paul shows that those who confess with their mouths that Jesus is their Lord, and because of their belief in the resurrection, they are saved (laws of Christ entering into their hearts). This is the righteousness that is based on faith; faith that God instills His Spirit (righteousness based on faith) into the hearts of the Christians who profess the Lord Jesus and believe in the resurrection. Those of the eternal security doctrine have maligned this passage as though this were proof of a continuous sinners eternal salvation. But as Jude warns, these are those who turn the grace of God into a license for sin. And THAT my friend deserves the strongest condemnation possible.

So, what does this have to do with Prophesy and salvation? Those who lie about Prophesy are sinning. Those who refuse to repent of their error about Prophesy, despite having been wrong on many occasions, are thus sinning; with full knowledge of sinning. And with such willful sins happen over-and-over, forgiveness is possible, but unlikely. For forgiveness only comes through repentance. Repentance means to have a change of heart and life. Thus, a liar about Prophesy ends up in hell as there is no forgiveness for such behavior because they are unwilling to repent; in the end, like a weed, they end up being burned. A pig after being washed, who also returns to the mud from which it was cleaned from, will likely remain the mire, as its desire to be clean eventually subsides; he remains dirty and unclean. The members of the Church of Sardis who soiled their garments were not considered worthy to walk with the Lord in white, and thus were stricken from the book of life; those who remained cleaned were considered worthy to walk with the Lord, and thus have the confidence that they will walk forever with the Lord.

In conclusion, your presumptions about salvation and Prophesy not being dependent upon each other are incorrect. And the verses you used to support your position were taken far out of its context, and thus serves as an example of a false interpretation of scripture.

Joseph
    Israel is more than just a race; it is more than just a nation; it is the people of God, from faith, by faith, and only faith. Those who assemble in the name of Christ Jesus, embrance Israel because they are Israel

Quote Originally Posted by EndtimesDeut32/70AD View Post
    I guess the main difference between our perspectives is weather the words 'of that day and hour' are intended to mean an exact calander date and exact hour of that date or if they are intended to mean the knowledge and foresight of all the spiritual, political ramifications and changes surrounding and after the fall of the temple which would equate with and reveal the favor of the kingdom of Peace and Life being delivered to the saints [Dan 7] His teachings, freedoms, love and the reality of his entity were further [now openly] verified [RESURRECTED] through these events.
    I just thought of the association with this section and the beatitutes of the Sermon on the Mount. Notice the particular similarity of vs 35 of chapter 24 and vs 18 of chapter 5. For more on the discussion of Matt 5 see here.

34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
    35Heaven and earth shall pass away, but MY words shall not pass away.

36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Heaven and Earth of the Mosaic covenant ordinances and Domain shall pass away. This is the confirmed intent by the reference to the question about the destruction of the temple and the end of the AGE. Their 'end time' judgment as prophesied by Moses and the other prophets shall be fulfilled. [See Acts 3:22-24] But my instructions, teachings and commandments[as found in the beatitudes and elsewhere] as the new prophet and as the voice of the living God
    1And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

2And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
    3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
    5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
    6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
    7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
    8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
    9Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
    10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
    12Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
    13Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
    14Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
    15Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
    16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
    17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
    18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, [MY WORDS IN MATT 24:35] and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
    This association would be added to the obvious association that Christs words and predictions of the signs to come upon that generation would also not pass away.
    Last edited by EndtimesDeut32/70AD; 04-26-2012 at 05:36 PM.
    1Thess 4:8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    If you are oppressed and enslaved by religious law, you may have a tendency to oppress, enslave and attempt to lord over others who are free.

Quote Originally Posted by BibleScribe View Post
    Hi TheForgiven,

1. Quote by BibleScribe:

Ref:

2. Quote by TheForgiven:

BibleScribe

Quote Originally Posted by TheForgiven View Post
    "Today, you will be with Me in Paradise", does this imply in any way that we who exist today, will be in the paradise of God if we lie about Prophesy? ...

Once again, please provide what you believe to be a Scripturally based objection to my words, "... salvation is not dependent on understanding prophecy ...". You quoted them, then tried to re-word them, then assailed Scripture, but seem unable to cite a Scriptural basis where ~salvation IS dependent upon understanding prophecy~ (per your apparent premise).

So just as satan twisted God's Word in the Garden, so too you twist the truth, perfectly following the footsteps of your father. -- The LORD rebuke you.

BibleScribe

Once again, please provide what you believe to be a Scripturally based objection to my words, "... salvation is not dependent on understanding prophecy ...". You quoted them, then tried to re-word them, then assailed Scripture, but seem unable to cite a Scriptural basis where ~salvation IS dependent upon understanding prophecy~ (per your apparent premise).

So just as satan twisted God's Word in the Garden, so too you twist the truth, perfectly following the footsteps of your father. -- The LORD rebuke you.

BibleScribe
    Don't be so naive BibleScribe. Does everything have to be printed/written in black and white for you to accept something? The shoes fits on the other foot if that's how you care to elaborate your points.

I did not alter or twist your words. Your statement that salvation is not dependent on Prophesy is perhaps your poor choice of words, although I know what you are trying to say. In essence, you appear to believe that salvation is not impacted by false understandings or predictions, or even guesses of Prophesy. The example of scripture I provided is in Revelation, when it states that all who practice and love a lie (falsehood), i.e. this includes false predictions or guesses from Bible Prophesy, or any other type of falsehood or lie, shall have their share of the Lake of Fire.

When Futurist's like you, and others, continue on the wrong path of making absurd predictions or guesses using numbers, matching verses, and all of which always fails to happen, then this makes you a liar. So what does Revelation say your eternal abode is to be? The lake of fire. There's no way around it. My suggestion to you and to all other Futurists? Stop your non-sense, and quit making the Church look like a bunch of crazed idiot's. I'm tired of all these crazy futurist's leaving black-eyes on the face of God's Church with all of your futile guesses and false ideologies.

Joseph
    Israel is more than just a race; it is more than just a nation; it is the people of God, from faith, by faith, and only faith. Those who assemble in the name of Christ Jesus, embrance Israel because they are Israel

[
    E=BibleScribe;43055]Hi TheForgiven,

1. Quote by BibleScribe:

Ref:
    a. Luke 23:43 Jesus answered him, 'Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise."

And where did Jesus end up on that 'today'? He went to The Grave....He went to Sheol....and preached to The Saints that were there that were asking, 'how much longer oh Lord'.... The thief on the cross beside Him went to Sheol. The thief on the cross did not gain his salvation that day. Prophecy said when that salvation would happen and it is at The Resurrection from The Death.

Notice the words 'will be saved'..... future tense.... future to the Roman audience..... but when? Prophecy tells you 'when'.... if prophecy is not fulfilled then Salvation (Redemption, Resurrection) can not be fulfilled.
    Brother Les

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post

Notice the words 'will be saved'..... future tense.... future to the Roman audience..... but when? Prophecy tells you 'when'.... if prophecy is not fulfilled then Salvation (Redemption, Resurrection) can not be fulfilled.
    What makes you think it is "future to the Roman audience"? It sounds like it is "future" for the person who says "Jesus is Lord" - he is "saved" immediately after saying "Jesus is Lord." For example, imagine I said "If you dump the bucket on your head, you will be wet." The consequence (salvation) immediately follows fulfillment of the condition (belief).
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Greek-not-Aramaic Guest

Hebrew/Masoretic/Babylonian Aramaic/Greek/Paleo-Hebrew

To the readers of this thread,
    Hope you don't mind me popping in. Seems that the original subject of this thread disappeared in arguing. To TheForgiven and the other readers check out jesus-messiah.com click on yahwehism/Hallelujah click on The Sacred Name, read and study the info. After reading this, click around on this site, very interesting. This is not the only site that I have been to on this subject just so you know. I know that the Jewish scribes were not very pious at all. You can go to pro Hebrew sites and You tube videos that flat out tell you the Jews of the Babylonian captivity adopted the Babylonian writing system. I believe at this point that they were changing the writings of God's word before Jesus was walking the earth. And that Greek is more closely related to paleo-Hebrew than what Masortic Hebrew is. And that brings up the question, What else did they adopt? Why did they hate Jesus so much. Like to here from you and see you guys continue this thread. I am not looking to argue just discuss. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Greek-not-Aramaic View Post
    To the readers of this thread,
    Hope you don't mind me popping in. Seems that the original subject of this thread disappeared in arguing. To TheForgiven and the other readers check out jesus-messiah.com click on yahwehism/Hallelujah click on The Sacred Name, read and study the info. After reading this, click around on this site, very interesting. This is not the only site that I have been to on this subject just so you know. I know that the Jewish scribes were not very pious at all. You can go to pro Hebrew sites and You tube videos that flat out tell you the Jews of the Babylonian captivity adopted the Babylonian writing system. I believe at this point that they were changing the writings of God's word before Jesus was walking the earth. And that Greek is more closely related to paleo-Hebrew than what Masortic Hebrew is. And that brings up the question, What else did they adopt? Why did they hate Jesus so much. Like to here from you and see you guys continue this thread. I am not looking to argue just discuss. Thanks!
    I'm glad you popped in. Comments are always welcome.

And yes, threads tend to drift far from their stated topic.

I went to the page and clicked the link and got this popup:
    You may read this page ONLY if you confess faith in the name of Jesus. IF YOU click OK you are denying YAHWEH as the name of the Father or Creator and confessing the name of Jesus is the ONLY SAVING NAME! Say right now "I deny YAHWEH and believe ONLY in the name of Jesus", if you said this, then Click OK to read the study. If you refuse to recant the false name Yahweh, click cancel to leave now!
    I lost interest at that point. It seems pretty obvious the guy is less than entirely sane.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Richard

Don't let that stop you It is some information I would like to hear from others about. To me if you are interested in this subject it is well worth reading the info. what he presents is not silly it is very well backed up and he quotes outside sources and lists them, the only reason he puts the Jesus Yah thing is that he gets hate mail. I think he uses it as a filter. the truth is never popular and if you are knowledgeable about this subject I would like to see if you and other readers think it is correct. Thanks! Greek

Thread Information