Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1

    Pearls Before Swine

    Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.


    That is a fascinating verse. The swine, stand before God's children to be fed. We can teach, share His Word as we are to do but the pearls of wisdom we speak (His Words), are trampled upon by the swine. Not only trampled because of a lack of understanding or worse...but even though they ask for these "pearls" they only wish to "turn again and rend you."


    The conundrum....continuing casting or not? I think the deciding factor is where it is done. If face to face then...stop casting and walk away. If in a group then I think one must continue. After all, not all that hear are swine though they may be the most vocal. And He did say.....


    Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.


    .

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,362
    Quote Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
    Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.


    That is a fascinating verse. The swine, stand before God's children to be fed. We can teach, share His Word as we are to do but the pearls of wisdom we speak (His Words), are trampled upon by the swine. Not only trampled because of a lack of understanding or worse...but even though they ask for these "pearls" they only wish to "turn again and rend you."


    The conundrum....continuing casting or not? I think the deciding factor is where it is done. If face to face then...stop casting and walk away. If in a group then I think one must continue. After all, not all that hear are swine though they may be the most vocal. And He did say.....
    Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
    .
    I think you might want to check your bag. You seem to have mistaken your "bag of pearls" for the bag of your own opinions.

    You are not being "persecuted." I am simply trying to help by revealing your delusions. See here.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    I think you might want to check your bag. You seem to have mistaken your "bag of pearls" for the bag of your own opinions.

    You are not being "persecuted." I am simply trying to help by revealing your delusions. See here.


    "Bag of your own opinions." Didn't that previously read...bag of rabbit dung? Or, was that just my opinion?


    Persecuted? Why do you say that? Or, why should you think I feel I am being persecuted? I just thought of the pearls before swine verse and thought it a good time to post it.


    .

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,362
    Quote Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
    "Bag of your own opinions." Didn't that previously read...bag of rabbit dung? Or, was that just my opinion?
    Yes it did. I hit "submit" before I realized that was not the best way of expressing myself, and changed it about 30 seconds later. My purpose is to help get you delivered from you delusions, not to offend you.

    So are you going to respond to my detailed explanation of your delusion?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  5. #5
    As long as the topic of swine has been brought forward.....



    Mark 5:2-3 And when He was come out of the ship, immediately there met Him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:

    This was a spiritually dead man, dwelling among the tombs. The spiritually dead today dwell among the tombs as they go about their daily tasks. This particular man was filled with "an unclean spirit."


    5:6-8 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped Him, And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not. For He said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.

    The man worshipped Him, not the unclean spirit. Rather the unclean spirit asked not be tormented.

    5:9-10 And He asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, my name is Legion: for we are many. And he besought Him much that He would not send them away out of the country.

    And, Jesus didn't....

    5:11-13 Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding. And all the devils besought Him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them. And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand) and were choked in the sea.


    So, where are the swine, those filled with unclean spirits, today? In the sea, the world. Spiritually dead swine walking, teaching, misleading, deceiving those that allow it. They are those that dwell among the tombs not recognizing their state of being, not recognizing who is teaching and the spirit in the swine.

    Deuteronomy 14:8 And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.


    Don't eat what they offer...it is unclean doctrine. They are no more than a dead carcase, spiritually dead.


    .

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,362
    Quote Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
    So, where are the swine, those filled with unclean spirits, today? In the sea, the world. Spiritually dead swine walking, teaching, misleading, deceiving those that allow it. They are those that dwell among the tombs not recognizing their state of being, not recognizing who is teaching and the spirit in the swine.
    Deuteronomy 14:8 And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.

    Don't eat what they offer...it is unclean doctrine. They are no more than a dead carcase, spiritually dead.
    .
    Good morning Judi,

    That's a good homily.

    The Bible uses "eating" as a metaphor for learning:
    Proverbs 24:13 My son, eat thou honey, because it is good; and the honeycomb, which is sweet to thy taste: 14 So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off.
    And Christ used this metaphor when warning of the false doctrines of the Pharisees and Sadducees:
    Matthew 16:6-12 Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees. 7 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have taken no bread. 8 Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread? 9 Do ye not yet understand, neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets ye took up? 10 Neither the seven loaves of the four thousand, and how many baskets ye took up? 11 How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees? 12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
    I find it extremely interesting that Christ linked a failure to understand with a lack of faith.

    I have written much to you that you apparently do not understand. I would like to establish a foundation of mutual understanding with you. If we are going to be "sharing a table" here on the Bible Wheel forum, we need to do so in a spirit of cooperation. You jumped in here like a gang-buster declaring the falsehood of my beliefs. That's GREAT! I love a good challenge. It really helps test the foundation. But then you broke the rules and refused to support your claims with facts, and worse, you refused to answer fundamental questions concerning your claims! Yet here you are, posting like a whirlwind in my forum. Again, that is wonderful! You have a lot to share. But it's not so wonderful if we do not have a foundation of mutual understanding.

    So I appeal to you to answer my questions in good faith and with honesty. Do not hide behind your false assertion that you are "not interpreting" the Bible when you "only" quote it. I explained this in great detail in this post, and would like a response if you would be so kind.

    All the very best to you,

    Richard

    PS: One formatting hint. It seems a lot clearer to me when you indent quotations from Scripture and other people, rather than indenting your comments. That is how books usually do it.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Good morning Judi,

    That's a good homily.

    The Bible uses "eating" as a metaphor for learning:
    Proverbs 24:13 My son, eat thou honey, because it is good; and the honeycomb, which is sweet to thy taste: 14 So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off.
    And Christ used this metaphor when warning of the false doctrines of the Pharisees and Sadducees:
    Matthew 16:6-12 Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees. 7 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have taken no bread. 8 Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread? 9 Do ye not yet understand, neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets ye took up? 10 Neither the seven loaves of the four thousand, and how many baskets ye took up? 11 How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees? 12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
    I find it extremely interesting that Christ linked a failure to understand with a lack of faith.

    I have written much to you that you apparently do not understand. I would like to establish a foundation of mutual understanding with you. If we are going to be "sharing a table" here on the Bible Wheel forum, we need to do so in a spirit of cooperation. You jumped in here like a gang-buster declaring the falsehood of my beliefs. That's GREAT! I love a good challenge. It really helps test the foundation. But then you broke the rules and refused to support your claims with facts, and worse, you refused to answer fundamental questions concerning your claims! Yet here you are, posting like a whirlwind in my forum. Again, that is wonderful! You have a lot to share. But it's not so wonderful if we do not have a foundation of mutual understanding.

    So I appeal to you to answer my questions in good faith and with honesty. Do not hide behind your false assertion that you are "not interpreting" the Bible when you "only" quote it. I explained this in great detail in this post, and would like a response if you would be so kind.

    All the very best to you,

    Richard

    PS: One formatting hint. It seems a lot clearer to me when you indent quotations from Scripture and other people, rather than indenting your comments. That is how books usually do it.




    You have been answered in good faith and always with honesty. You will find that I ignore some of your posts and questions because of the manner in which the question was asked. When you ask questions, using the words you many times choose...surely you don't except me to answer. I can forgive but I cannot continue to turn my cheek when it is so often slapped.

    I would prefer to indent as I choose. If someone is unable to recognize Scripture as opposed to my words then they will fail to understand the post no matter which is indented.

    There are many reasons we do not and probably never will...have mutual understanding.


    .

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,362
    Quote Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
    You have been answered in good faith and always with honesty. You will find that I ignore some of your posts and questions because of the manner in which the question was asked. When you ask questions, using the words you many times choose...surely you don't except me to answer. I can forgive but I cannot continue to turn my cheek when it is so often slapped.
    The "slaps" came after you persistently refused to answer honestly. I found your word twisting perverse and intolerable. I explained all this without any "slaps" at first, but you refused to answer honestly, and continued twisting words. So I got frustrated and increased the sharpness of my words. I have explained this in great detail in this post but you have yet to respond or show any understanding at all. The proper response would have been for you to own up to the truth and answer honestly, but you did not. You continued in your obstinate refusal to discuss things rationally. You twisted words and denied that Christ predicted the destruction of the Temple building. And worst of all, you refused to answer the question I have asked over a dozen times. So here it is again:

    Why did Jesus predict the destruction of the Temple buildings if their destruction in 70 AD had nothing to do with his prophecy?

    Please answer this question in your own words. Begin with normal English that any child could understand. Something like "Jesus predicted the destruction of the Temple buildings because ..." That's all I'm asking for. An honest answer without twisting the words of the Bible. It should be very simple. And please, do NOT attempt to confuse the issue by bringing up the spiritual temple. That has nothing to do with Christ's prediction of the destruction of the Temple buildings.

    Quote Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
    I would prefer to indent as I choose. If someone is unable to recognize Scripture as opposed to my words then they will fail to understand the post no matter which is indented.
    You are free to post any way you want. I was only offering a helpful hint.

    Quote Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
    There are many reasons we do not and probably never will...have mutual understanding.
    I agree. There are many reasons, such as: 1) You reject the plain and obvious teaching of Scripture in favor of your futurist speculations and date setting. 2) You do not realize that you are interpreting Scripture when you "quote" the Bible. 3) You refuse to establish a common understanding by working with others to articulate objective facts of REALITY. This is the most important reason for our disagreements. Discussing the Bible with you is like talking to someone from another planet. You make no effort whatsoever to find points of agreement. You simply assert your point of view, declare that it is God's point of view, and then repeat yourself.

    It does not have to be this way. You can choose to communicate with simplicity and clarity.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    The "slaps" came after you persistently refused to answer honestly. I found your word twisting perverse and intolerable. I explained all this without any "slaps" at first, but you refused to answer honestly, and continued twisting words. So I got frustrated and increased the sharpness of my words. I have explained this in great detail in this post but you have yet to respond or show any understanding at all. The proper response would have been for you to own up to the truth and answer honestly, but you did not. You continued in your obstinate refusal to discuss things rationally. You twisted words and denied that Christ predicted the destruction of the Temple building. And worst of all, you refused to answer the question I have asked over a dozen times. So here it is again:



    Is it your place or my place to slap anyone?

    You have been answered honestly but you don't see and hear. I can't do anything about that.


    Why did Jesus predict the destruction of the Temple buildings if their destruction in 70 AD had nothing to do with his prophecy?

    Please answer this question in your own words. Begin with normal English that any child could understand. Something like "Jesus predicted the destruction of the Temple buildings because ..." That's all I'm asking for. An honest answer without twisting the words of the Bible. It should be very simple. And please, do NOT attempt to confuse the issue by bringing up the spiritual temple. That has nothing to do with Christ's prediction of the destruction of the Temple buildings.

    No. It's been answered. It was met with words such as LIAR! Not all are to understand...not all do.



    You are free to post any way you want. I was only offering a helpful hint.

    How charming you are.


    I agree. There are many reasons, such as: 1) You reject the plain and obvious teaching of Scripture in favor of your futurist speculations and date setting. 2) You do not realize that you are interpreting Scripture when you "quote" the Bible. 3) You refuse to establish a common understanding by working with others to articulate objective facts of REALITY. This is the most important reason for our disagreements. Discussing the Bible with you is like talking to someone from another planet. You make no effort whatsoever to find points of agreement. You simply assert your point of view, declare that it is God's point of view, and then repeat yourself.

    It does not have to be this way. You can choose to communicate with simplicity and clarity.


    Things I write are given to me by our Father. If someone doesn't undersand...if it isn't simply enough for him...then, it isn't for him, yet.



    .

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,362
    Quote Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
    Is it your place or my place to slap anyone?

    You have been answered honestly but you don't see and hear. I can't do anything about that.
    You will note that I used the word "slap" in quotations to indicate it was being used metaphorically. And you knew that of course since I have never literally even met you, let alone literally slapped you.

    It's words Judi. We are using words trying to communicate. You twist words, and that's why there is much frustration in our communication.

    You have never answered that question honestly. You twisted words. You quoted the Bible thick with implicit interpretation and denied that you were "interpreting."

    Quote Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM
    Why did Jesus predict the destruction of the Temple buildings if their destruction in 70 AD had nothing to do with his prophecy?

    Please answer this question in your own words. Begin with normal English that any child could understand. Something like "Jesus predicted the destruction of the Temple buildings because ..." That's all I'm asking for. An honest answer without twisting the words of the Bible. It should be very simple. And please, do NOT attempt to confuse the issue by bringing up the spiritual temple. That has nothing to do with Christ's prediction of the destruction of the Temple buildings.
    No. It's been answered. It was met with words such as LIAR! Not all are to understand...not all do.
    That is another lie.

    You have NEVER simply answered the question by writing something like "Jesus predicted the destruction of the Temple building because ..." Indeed, you have never given any legitimate answer. You know this is true, so quit denying the truth. Deliberate denial of truth is called "LYING." As long as you refuse to answer and claim you have answered, I will continue to declare the truth that you are LYING. Simple as that. It didn't have to be this way. The record on this forum shows that I went to great lengths to reason with you, but your refused. You twisted words. You claimed that you had answered when you had not, which means that you lied. Quit with the alligator tears and just answer the question already. Everyone can see that you have not answered. You know you have not answered because if you had, you could very easily have posted your answer and shown that I was the liar. But you have not done that. And why not? Because you cannot, because you are lying about having answered.

    Quote Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM
    You are free to post any way you want. I was only offering a helpful hint.
    How charming you are.
    Not as charming as I'd like to be. I'm aspiring to be as charming to you as Christ was to the Pharissees.

    Quote Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM
    I agree. There are many reasons, such as: 1) You reject the plain and obvious teaching of Scripture in favor of your futurist speculations and date setting. 2) You do not realize that you are interpreting Scripture when you "quote" the Bible. 3) You refuse to establish a common understanding by working with others to articulate objective facts of REALITY. This is the most important reason for our disagreements. Discussing the Bible with you is like talking to someone from another planet. You make no effort whatsoever to find points of agreement. You simply assert your point of view, declare that it is God's point of view, and then repeat yourself.

    It does not have to be this way. You can choose to communicate with simplicity and clarity.
    Things I write are given to me by our Father. If someone doesn't undersand...if it isn't simply enough for him...then, it isn't for him, yet.
    How do you discern between what is "given by our Father" as opposed to "made up by Judi"?

    That is the problem here. You are claiming that your own ideas and interpretations are divinely inspired and given straight from God! So of course, there's no need to answer any questions or prove the truth of your words by proper interpretation of the Bible. Oh no! We don't need no stinking facts! We have a direct pipe-line from the Father, so we have DIVINE AUTHORITY for our own opinions!



    I'm right and God said so! My name is Whirlwind!
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •