This passage applied to THEM, as in the Jews; they were the salt (season) of the world. But we relate to it. So the answer is that this passage was meant for them, but we learn from them; the salt of our world.
"YOU are the salt of the world"....did it applied to original audience or to all generations of Christians?
I thought you were going to provide examples of Prohesy that applied to all generations?
1. God is omnipresent, do you agree?
2. He is here yesterday, today and tomorrow. God was, is and is to come, do you agree?
3. Jesus is in heaven today and what is He currently doing? Doing nothing but enjoying Himself and watching the world go by?...of course not, then what is He doing? ..ensuring sin continues without end? I think God is in heaven helping us Christians fight against evil and sin so that we can enter the kingdom of heaven? Do you agree?
4. Jesus is with us today till the end of time and He is in control of every human affair....do you agree?
5. What the Bible taught is applicable today? ...do you agree? If so, is God speaking to you today?
6. Since God is here with us today as it was yesteryears, should we read the Bible as if God is speaking to you today, face to face?...do you agree?
Israel is more than just a race; it is more than just a nation; it is the people of God, from faith, by faith, and only faith. Those who assemble in the name of Christ Jesus, embrance Israel because they are Israel