Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    I'm glad you admitted that it is an interpretation! Unfortunately, it does not cohere with your other interpretations. You deny that the Bible made any prophecies about the "destruction of 70 AD" so there is nothing "written for our admonition" relating to it. Therefore, "destruction of 70 AD" is not a Biblical type of anything.

And besides that, your interpretation is pure speculation. It has no foundation in Scripture.

Cheow
    Just to ask a question, are we all here in this BW forum by design or by chance? I would say by design not by chance; you think God don't know we are here debating on His words?

If we are here at this place and time by pure design, and not by reason and deduction of Free Will, then we are all hyper-Calvinists. Your life already being laid out with no imput of your own. This would make this NO debate only useless static.
    Brother Les

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hi Whirlwind,

I knew you were going to answer in that manner...

I hope so Rose...it's what I have been saying for some time now.

1. Where was the ark of the covenant in the above passages? In the verse I quoted below it is clearly seen that first God instructs the Jews to make a mercy seat of pure gold, then put two cherubim of gold to cover the mercy seat, and it is between those cherubim above the mercy seat, that God's presence dwells and he communes with his people.
    Exo.25:17 And thou shalt make a mercy seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof...20) And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be....22) And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

First....God didn't "instruct the Jews" as I believe you are meaning. God instructed Israel....all twelve tribes. The Levitical priests, one of the tribes (Levi) were those in charge of the holy things.

In the passage you quoted it is written, "And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony."

2. Was it in a temple made of stone? As you well know the first Tabernacle was not made of stone, but rather it was made of cloth, animal skins, and wood....it still being a house of God made by human hands.

I do "well know" that He has never dwelt in a temple made with hands. How do I well know it...He tells me that very thing.

Acts 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

3. He does dwell IN Zion and He does dwell IN Jerusalem. They are His temple...for they are His children. Are you saying that in Old Covenant times God dwelt in the hearts of men in the same manner as in New Covenant times?

Blessings,
    Rose

Yes.

Exodus 29:45-46 And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God. And they shall know that I am the LORD their God, that brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them: I am the LORD their God.

Quote Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
    I hope so Rose...it's what I have been saying for some time now.

First....God didn't "instruct the Jews" as I believe you are meaning. God instructed Israel....all twelve tribes. The Levitical priests, one of the tribes (Levi) were those in charge of the holy things.

In the passage you quoted it is written, "And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony."

I do "well know" that He has never dwelt in a temple made with hands. How do I well know it...He tells me that very thing.
    Acts 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
    Yes.
    Exodus 29:45-46 And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God. And they shall know that I am the LORD their God, that brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them: I am the LORD their God.
    Oh, you foolish man! You well knew my intent when I said God instructed the Jews (humans) to construct the mercy seat, and meet with Him in the Tabernacle....

THE POINT BEING THAT GOD MET, AND COMMUNED WITH PEOPLE IN A HOUSE MADE WITH HANDS.

You keep quoting from Acts 7:48....so, what it appears is going on is a direct contradiction of Scripture; in some places the prophets say God dwelt in a house made with hands, and in another place it says those prophets were wrong, because God does not dwell in a house made with hands...which is it?
    So, either the Bible is wrong, or your interpretation of it is wrong...

Blessings,
    Rose

P.S. I said dwell IN THE HEARTS, not among the people, BIG DIFFERENCE!
    Last edited by Rose; 02-11-2011 at 08:35 AM.
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Not from this world...from the other side
    Oh, you foolish man! You well knew my intent when I said God instructed the Jews (humans) to construct the mercy seat, and meet with Him in the Tabernacle....

THE POINT BEING THAT GOD MET, AND COMMUNED WITH PEOPLE IN A HOUSE MADE WITH HANDS.

You keep quoting from Acts 7:48....so, what it appears is going on is a direct contradiction of Scripture; in some places the prophets say God dwelt in a house made with hands, and in another place it says those prophets were wrong, because God does not dwell in a house made with hands...which is it?

Blessings,
    Rose

Watch what you are saying! :

Matthew 5:22
    But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Many Blessings to all.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheow Wee Hock View Post
    Watch what you are saying! :

Matthew 5:22
    But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Many Blessings to all.
    Shame on you Cheow... abusing, and twisting Bible verses in such a manner. When someone is acting in a foolish way it is perfectly appropriate to call them on it. Jesus, Himself did it in the parable of the Foolish Virgins, so for you to use a Bible verse to reprimand me with is a very "foolish" thing to do...

Blessings,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Whirlwind wrote,

That is fascinating! So, I may well be seeing this correctly.

The abomination of desolation could be our own carnal nature standing in God's house...not recognizing or admitting that it is our own self that needs to change. Therein we see the foolish virgins as well as those He will tell...."get away, I never knew you."

Thank you Twospirits...this was a keeper.
    I don't know if you quite understand so I'll expand on this a bit more as I have come to study the meaning of "THE abomination of desolation."

The abomination of desolation (or more correctly, the desecrating sacrilege) can only be committed by God's true priests. In the NT the body of Christ (1 Peter 2:5,9) are considered the Lord's “priests,” and no other.

We are a temple considered holy by the Lord, and it is not to be defiled lest God judge and destroy him.

1 Cor. 3:17, “If any man defile the temple (#3485; “naos”) of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.”

2 Cor. 6:16, “And what agreement hath the temple (#3485; “naos”) of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.”

Eph. 2:20-21, “And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple (singular) in the Lord.”

Abomination standing in God's house will make it a forsaken place deprived of God's blessings. This is what 2 Thess. 2:3-4 speaks of.

1 Peter 4:17, “For the time that judgment (is come) that judgment must begin (2 Thess. 2:7; mystery of iniquity) at the house of God (singular); and if (it) first (begin) at us, what shall the end (be) of them that obey not the gospel of God?”

God bless---Twospirits
    Last edited by Twospirits; 02-11-2011 at 10:01 AM.
    "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away" (Rev. 21:4).

Jews are human and others are not?

Rose, the subject has been God "dwelling" in a temple.

NOWHERE is it written that God dwelt in a house made with hands. That is the point of this discussion.

Blessings,
    Rose

The Bible isn't wrong, and as I am not interpreting this...I am not in error. So, that leaves......?

Do you then believe that God would dwell with those that didn't have Him in their hearts? That He would dwell with those that only honored Him with their lips...and not their heart? I don't. I see many that believe He dwells in them and...He isn't there. So, when it is written that He would dwell among them then...yes, He was in their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
    NOWHERE is it written that God dwelt in a house made with hands. That is the point of this discussion.
    That is absolutely false. Jesus said:

Matthew 23:21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.

Christ was speaking about the stone Temple made with hands. If God did not "dwell" in that Temple, then of whom was Christ speaking when he referred to "him that dwelleth therein"?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Not from this world...from the other side
    Shame on you Cheow... abusing, and twisting Bible verses in such a manner. When someone is acting in a foolish way it is perfectly appropriate to call them on it. Jesus, Himself did it in the parable of the Foolish Virgins, so for you to use a Bible verse to reprimand me with is a very "foolish" thing to do...

Blessings,
    Rose
    As a rule of the thumb, even if someone looks or seem foolish such word should not be mentioned because the Bible says so. I don't reprimand you alone but also Mad Mick, the Forgiven as well; it is done out of concern. When Jesus did work during a Sabbath and the Pharisees reprimand Him, Jesus said, it is ok because He is Lord of the Sabbath. God said in His commandment, "Do not kill" but yet instruct His people to kill the enemies...men, women and children. It's ok for God to do so because He knows what He is doing is right but for humans, not so. His ways and thoughts are higher than ours.

I don't abuse or twist Bible verses...it's in the eyes of the beholder. And I NEVER use the word "Fool" in any forum or to anybody.

Many Blessings.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Thread Information