Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gematria View Post
    Sorry that was stream-of-consciousness of me. I was continuing my train of thought that many religions have reflections of Truth in them, and was using the fact that the practices of the Sefer Yetzirah resemble practices done in the far East as an example. I should have included that thought further up in my post though.

Though the Tree of Life is arguably a mandala of sorts. And Abulafia is said to have had a book full of grids of squares with letters in them used for chanting and meditation.
    I understand about "streams of consciousness."

As for the use of mandala like structures and other charts like the Tree of Life (which looks to me more like the pattern of the chakras more than a mandala) - that is common in Kabbalistic meditations. Case in point, the 231 gates:

Great chatting,

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

I certainly think to an extent they are. Its more connected to the Merkava literature though, as it is more symbolically a star tetrahedron, which is two interlocked, equally sized tetrahedrons.

There is some interesting stuff about this here: http://www.workofthechariot.com/Text...-Merkabah.html

Though as to how useful it is or how its precisely used, I have never worked with it before.
    I've never understood the interest in "Metatron." The name is not found in Scripture, and it doesn't even seem like a Hebrew name at all. It seems like it was made up to have a value of 314 = Shaddai. I would be very interested to know why you think it has any genuine significance.

Now I do think that the geometry of the object known as "Metatron's cube" is quite beautiful and is probably as significant as many other geometric shapes I have found integrated with the structure of Scripture (e.g. Genesis 1:1, aka the Creation Holograph), but I don't think there is any real connection with "Metatron."
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Personally I don't agree with Metatron/Sandalphon as the angels of Keter and Malkut. Its not in the Bible but its in other Jewish works and is considered the Orthodox attribution. Ed brought up Metatrons Cube so I linked to Work of the Chariot, which is an interesting site with some unique information all around.

In Merkabah literature we learn of AKThRYAL (Literally Crown of God), and Aryeh Kaplan also makes this attribution in his commentary on the Sefer Yetzirah. I use AVRIAL (Light of God) as my attribution for Malkut.

Personally I don't agree with Metatron/Sandalphon as the angels of Keter and Malkut. Its not in the Bible but its in other Jewish works and is considered the Orthodox attribution. Ed brought up Metatrons Cube so I linked to Work of the Chariot, which is an interesting site with some unique information all around.

In Merkabah literature we learn of AKThRYAL (Literally Crown of God), and Aryeh Kaplan also makes this attribution in his commentary on the Sefer Yetzirah. I use AVRIAL (Light of God) as my attribution for Malkut.
    Auriel is a beautiful name. And it = 248 = Abraham = Chesed. And it's even in the Bible.

But why would you choose it as an "attribution of Malkut." What does that actually mean?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Auriel is a beautiful name. And it = 248 = Abraham = Chesed. And it's even in the Bible.

But why would you choose it as an "attribution of Malkut." What does that actually mean?
    The whole Tree is Hierarchical. Usually its divided up into the Four Worlds as:

Atzilut: The Godname
    Briah: The Archangel
    Yetzirah: The Angelic Choir
    Assiah: The Planet

But here we begin to walk the fine line of Occult Kabbalah, though this is still within the context of Jewish Kabbalah since in practice these things are known and used. However, Orthodox Judaism says you have to be male, 40 years old, married, own a house, fulfill all 613 Halakah- to even begin practice. And thats only if you are deemed worthy by your Rabbi, and only if you find a Rabbi who can actually teach it.

Another way to look at this is that all Reality is hierarchical.

Godnames = Quantum Level
    Archangels = Atomic
    Choirs = Molecular
    Planetary = Objects

Now even aside from practice though, AVRIEL is the Light of God. We learn that Keter sends light down, called Direct Light, and Malkut reflects it, called Reflected Light. Thus, Malkut makes the Light itself visible, and its through Her that we can perceive the Light of God and ascend the spheres at all. Which is my theoretical reason for using that attribute.

If Keter merely emanated Light but nothing could reflect it, then that Light would be as Darkness, since it would have no surface to reflect off of. Spiritually, Malkut is that surface.

"The Seven Feasts"

Shalom Gematria,

Could you give me the Hebrew spellings of "The Seven Feasts" and their Gematria values of each?
    Could you also give me both the English spellings and also their "English Phonetic" pronunciations.
    It would be very helpful to me, toward my research of Gematria and how it relates to YHVH; OK?

B'Shem
    YHVH
    Last edited by Ed J; 02-02-2011 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed J View Post
    Shalom Gematria,

Could you give me the Hebrew spellings of "The Seven Feasts" and their Gematria values of each?
    Could you also give me both the English spellings and also their "English Phonetic" pronunciations.
    It would be very helpful to me, toward my research of Gematria and how it relates to YHVH; OK?

B'Shem
    YHVH
    I believe its better if you work these things out for yourself. Its not that I am not willing to help, but if you really want to study Gematria you should develop a working familiarity with the language, obtain Hebrew dictionaries, Siddurs, et cetera... I feel that working these things out for you would not really help you in the long run. I hope you don't take offense at this.

There are many good books on Biblical Hebrew on Amazon.com. I like the Van Pelt Pratico stuff myself. I have their workbooks and vocab cards. There are also numerous books that serve as Gematria lookups, and numerous sites like this one.

I believe its better if you work these things out for yourself. Its not that I am not willing to help, but if you really want to study Gematria you should develop a working familiarity with the language, obtain Hebrew dictionaries, Siddurs, et cetera... I feel that working these things out for you would not really help you in the long run. I hope you don't take offense at this.

There are many good books on Biblical Hebrew on Amazon.com. I like the Van Pelt Pratico stuff myself. I have their workbooks and vocab cards. There are also numerous books that serve as Gematria lookups, and numerous sites like this one.
    Hi Gematria,

How about If I Post the specific verses in Hebrew, and you identify the specific words for me?

God bless
    Ed J

The whole Tree is Hierarchical. Usually its divided up into the Four Worlds as:

Atzilut: The Godname
    Briah: The Archangel
    Yetzirah: The Angelic Choir
    Assiah: The Planet

But here we begin to walk the fine line of Occult Kabbalah, though this is still within the context of Jewish Kabbalah since in practice these things are known and used. However, Orthodox Judaism says you have to be male, 40 years old, married, own a house, fulfill all 613 Halakah- to even begin practice. And thats only if you are deemed worthy by your Rabbi, and only if you find a Rabbi who can actually teach it.

Another way to look at this is that all Reality is hierarchical.

Godnames = Quantum Level
    Archangels = Atomic
    Choirs = Molecular
    Planetary = Objects

Now even aside from practice though, AVRIEL is the Light of God. We learn that Keter sends light down, called Direct Light, and Malkut reflects it, called Reflected Light. Thus, Malkut makes the Light itself visible, and its through Her that we can perceive the Light of God and ascend the spheres at all. Which is my theoretical reason for using that attribute.

If Keter merely emanated Light but nothing could reflect it, then that Light would be as Darkness, since it would have no surface to reflect off of. Spiritually, Malkut is that surface.
    OK - so you are talking about these the "attributes" of each Sephirah in each of the four worlds, right. And Auriel is the "Godname" attribute you associate with Malkuth. I think I understand what you are getting at.

I used to have a lot of intuition of the "four worlds" as levels of Reality, or of Mind, something like this:

Atzilut: Archetypal Realm
    Briah: (I forget what this meant to me)
    Yetzirah: Imagination/Dreams/Visual/Psychic Realm
    Assiah: Physical Reality

This is reaching back nearly two decades in my memory. It has been a long time. But many of the concepts "stick" really well even after all these years, which is a sign of some integrity to the conceptions.

Great chatting,

Richard

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Ed J View Post
    Hi Gematria,

How about If I Post the specific verses in Hebrew, and you identify the specific words for me?

God bless
    Ed J
    Hey there Ed,

If you can read Hebrew characters, then you should be able to identify the words using my database. The column on the left shows you the English translation and the corresponding Hebrew word as it appears in Strong's Concordance. The column on the right will show you the actual Hebrew text as written in Scripture. You should be able to figure everything out from there. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

All the best,

Richard

Check out my blog site

Thread Information