Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Not from this world...from the other side

Do you believe in ghost?

Do you believe in ghost? You better do because Christ did said about ghost and the apostles did believe in ghosts:

Matthew 14:26
    When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.

Mark 6:49
    but when they saw him walking on the lake, they thought he was a ghost. They cried out,

Luke 24:37
    They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost.

Luke 24:39
    Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.

Another food for thought, how could the apostles saw Jesus walking on the lake in the dark night?...unless Jesus was illuminated......

22 Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. 23 After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. Later that night, he was there alone, 24 and the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it.
    25 Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.

Many Blessings.
    Last edited by CWH; 12-06-2010 at 02:40 PM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

So what is a ghost?.....lost spirit/soul? The question is, why is it possible for a spirit to get lost if when one dies, the spirit either goes to Heaven or to Hell/Hades?....or perhaps all goes to Hades, awaiting Judgement Day?

Of course, not all ghost pictures are real, some are hoax. And how about poltergeists....unseen spirits that move things? Poltergeist events are well documented on films and unexplainable.

Poltergeist event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLvwL...layer_embedded

Notice also that ghosts are usually white and clothe in white robe, just like what the Bible said about spirits:

Revelation 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10 They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters,[e] were killed just as they had been.

Revelation 7:9 After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

Many Blessings.
    Last edited by CWH; 12-07-2010 at 03:12 AM.
    Seek and You shall find,

The only explanation I can provide is that these ghosts are not lost spirits but are spirits that are allowed to wander into the natural world as a reminder that there is a spiritual world and an afterlife upon death. This is so that when people talked about spiritual things they would believe.... and believe in the existence of heaven and hell. It's like Jesus raising the dead so that those who witnessed will believe in Him as the Son of God.

John 3:11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

Anyone have any other views?

Many Blessings.
    Seek and You shall find,

Hey CWH,

I remember this thread back when you started it and wanted to response then, but wasn't able at that time and as time continued I forgot about it. Now I would like to come back and 'bump' this thread back up. I'm one that do not believe in ghost as in the dead manifesting themself as a ghostly figure (disembodied spirits). I know you mentioned that there are many hoax that have been made such as fake 'Orbs, Poltergeist, EVP's and etc' using lightings and photoshop to fake ghost.

So to determine if we should believe in ghost looking back into the bible in how as you mentioned that Jesus and his desciples believed. It is easy to see that those in the first century of the Ancient Near East believed in ghost, but that in no way means that what they believed is to be facts or that the Bible saying "yes, ghosts exist". I mean they also believed in Greek Myths so that don't make for a good argument that ghost is real.

The question must be asked were does the soul, spirit goes after death? All indication after the death and resurrection of Jesus is that the soul, spirit of the saint goes to be with Christ in heaven. So why then do some insist that their love ones in ghostly form remain on earth as an disembodied spirit? It rather states that onces one dies they (soul, spirit) would be in heaven with Christ.
    Beck

QUOTE=Beck;45901]Hey CWH,

I remember this thread back when you started it and wanted to response then, but wasn't able at that time and as time continued I forgot about it. Now I would like to come back and 'bump' this thread back up. I'm one that do not believe in ghost as in the dead manifesting themself as a ghostly figure (disembodied spirits). I know you mentioned that there are many hoax that have been made such as fake 'Orbs, Poltergeist, EVP's and etc' using lightings and photoshop to fake ghost.

So to determine if we should believe in ghost looking back into the bible in how as you mentioned that Jesus and his desciples believed. It is easy to see that those in the first century of the Ancient Near East believed in ghost, but that in no way means that what they believed is to be facts or that the Bible saying "yes, ghosts exist". I mean they also believed in Greek Myths so that don't make for a good argument that ghost is real.

The question must be asked were does the soul, spirit goes after death? All indication after the death and resurrection of Jesus is that the soul, spirit of the saint goes to be with Christ in heaven. So why then do some insist that their love ones in ghostly form remain on earth as an disembodied spirit? It rather states that onces one dies they (soul, spirit) would be in heaven with Christ.
    [/QUOTE]
    Thanks Beck,
    Yes, I do agree a portion of those ghost images may be fake but there are also ghosts images that cannot be refuted. Beside ghosts there are also many phenomenas which defy explanantions such as UFOs, Crop circles etc. some may be fake but some just defies explanations. Are we supposed to swep them under the carpet just because we think they are all fake?

Belief is subjective, nobody have been to heaven and hell and seen them yet people believed. However, some people have seen ghosts yet people disbelieved. Why?

You believe in Jesus and the Gospels yet when Jesus talked about ghosts you disbelieve Him. And when He talked about similar subjects like spirits, souls and demons, you believe Him....Why? The funny thing is that every culture believe in ghosts and spirits just like they believe in heaven and hell and God.

Jesus said, "Do not fear those who can destroy the body but not the soul, Fear Him who can destroy both body and soul in hell". It has some truth in it. You can put a dead body and make it breathe using a heart-lung machine but you just cannot make the dead body alive because the soul is not in the body. Where did the soul goes? Preterists believe the soul went straight to heaven after death whereas I believe they went to Sheoul to wait for the judgement day. Ghosts to me are spirits waiting to go to Sheol as some may not go tho Sheol immediately or are allowed to come unto the earth perhaps as a witness to people that spirits and ghosts are real and that there is life after death.

Genesis 37:35
    And all his sons and all his daughters rose up to comfort him; but he refused to be comforted; and he said, For I will go down to Sheol to my son mourning. And his father wept for him.

Genesis 42:38
    And he said, My son shall not go down with you; for his brother is dead, and he only is left: if harm befall him by the way in which ye go, then will ye bring down my gray hairs with sorrow to Sheol.

Genesis 44:29
    and if ye take this one also from me, and harm befall him, ye will bring down my gray hairs with sorrow to Sheol.

Genesis 44:31
    it will come to pass, when he seeth that the lad is not with us, that he will die: and thy servants will bring down the gray hairs of thy servant our father with sorrow to Sheol.

Numbers 16:30
    But if Jehovah make a new thing, and the ground open its mouth, and swallow them up, with all that appertain unto them, and they go down alive into Sheol; then ye shall understand that these men have despised Jehovah.

Numbers 16:33
    So they, and all that appertained to them, went down alive into Sheol: and the earth closed upon them, and they perished from among the assembly.

Deuteronomy 32:22
    For a fire is kindled in mine anger, And burneth unto the lowest Sheol, And devoureth the earth with its increase, And setteth on fire the foundations of the mountains.

1 Samuel 2:6
    Jehovah killeth, and maketh alive: He bringeth down to Sheol, and bringeth up.

2 Samuel 22:6
    The cords of Sheol were round about me; The snares of death came upon me.

1 Kings 2:6
    Do therefore according to thy wisdom, and let not his hoar head go down to Sheol in peace.

1 Kings 2:9
    Now therefore hold him not guiltless, for thou art a wise man; and thou wilt know what thou oughtest to do unto him, and thou shalt bring his hoar head down to Sheol with blood.

Job 7:9
    As the cloud is consumed and vanisheth away, So he that goeth down to Sheol shall come up no more.

Job 11:8
    It is high as heaven; what canst thou do? Deeper than Sheol; what canst thou know?

Job 14:13
    Oh that thou wouldest hide me in Sheol, That thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, That thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!

Job 17:13
    If I look for Sheol as my house; If I have spread my couch in the darkness;

Job 17:16
    It shall go down to the bars of Sheol, When once there is rest in the dust.

Job 21:13
    They spend their days in prosperity, And in a moment they go down to Sheol.

Job 24:19
    Drought and heat consume the snow waters: So doth Sheol those that have sinned.

Job 26:6
    Sheol is naked before God, And Abaddon hath no covering.

Psalm 6:5
    For in death there is no remembrance of thee: In Sheol who shall give thee thanks?

Psalm 9:17
    The wicked shall be turned back unto Sheol, Even all the nations that forget God.

Psalm 16:10
    For thou wilt not leave my soul to Sheol; Neither wilt thou suffer thy holy one to see corruption.

Psalm 18:5
    The cords of Sheol were round about me; The snares of death came upon me.

Psalm 30:3
    O Jehovah, thou hast brought up my soul from Sheol; Thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.

Psalm 31:17
    Let me not be put to shame, O Jehovah; for I have called upon thee: Let the wicked be put to shame, let them be silent in Sheol.

God Bless you and everybody.
    Last edited by CWH; 06-10-2012 at 04:21 AM.
    Seek and You shall find,

Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Thanks Beck,
    Yes, I do agree a portion of those ghost images may be fake but there are also ghosts images that cannot be refuted. Beside ghosts there are also many phenomenas which defy explanantions such as UFOs, Crop circles etc. some may be fake but some just defies explanations. Are we supposed to swep them under the carpet just because we think they are all fake?
    Morning CWH,

Yes some are easily explained as fakes, but those more difficult which seems to defy any explanation should not be jusifted as being real facts of ghost and paranormal activity just becasue it's deemed unexplainable. Any proof of anything unknown would have to be in the posititive proof rather than the unexplainable.

Belief is subjective, nobody have been to heaven and hell and seen them yet people believed. However, some people have seen ghosts yet people disbelieved. Why?

You believe in Jesus and the Gospels yet when Jesus talked about ghosts you disbelieve Him. And when He talked about similar subjects like spirits, souls and demons, you believe Him....Why? The funny thing is that every culture believe in ghosts and spirits just like they believe in heaven and hell and God.
    Was your comments an attemp to address my question? I'm assuming you read 2 Corinthians 5:6-7 as Paul saying that when one is absent from the body they are then present with the Lord. Assuming that christains believe that when they die their soul/spirit go to be with Christ as Paul alludes to here.

Jesus said, "Do not fear those who can destroy the body but not the soul, Fear Him who can destroy both body and soul in hell". It has some truth in it. You can put a dead body and make it breathe using a heart-lung machine but you just cannot make the dead body alive because the soul is not in the body. Where did the soul goes? Preterists believe the soul went straight to heaven after death whereas I believe they went to Sheoul to wait for the judgement day. Ghosts to me are spirits waiting to go to Sheol as some may not go tho Sheol immediately or are allowed to come unto the earth perhaps as a witness to people that spirits and ghosts are real and that there is life after death.
    You seem to be contradicting yourself on one hand the soul/spirit go to Sheol to await the day of judgment, but then say that you believe that the spirit/soul awaits going to Sheol and may not go immediately.
    Last edited by Beck; 06-10-2012 at 08:19 AM.
    Beck

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Morning CWH,

Yes some are easily explained as fakes, but those more difficult which seems to defy any explanation should not be jusifted as being real facts of ghost and paranormal activity just becasue it's deemed unexplainable. Any proof of anything unknown would have to be in the posititive proof rather than the unexplainable.
    Thanks for the agreement. Anything unexplainable cannot be taken that they do not exists and then swept under the carpet. People should find out and search for the truth to explain the unexplainable.

Was your comments an attemp to address my question? I'm assuming you read 2 Corinthians 5:6-7 as Paul saying that when one is absent from the body they are then present with the Lord. Assuming that christains believe that when they die their soul/spirit go to be with Christ as Paul alludes to here.

You seem to be contradicting yourself on one hand the soul/spirit go to Sheol to await the day of judgment, but then say that you believe that the spirit/soul awaits going to Sheol and may not go immediately.
    I have expected your question. I do believe that some Christians considered as righteous in the eyes of the Lord such as Abraham, Moses, Enoch, Elijah etc. went straight to heaven, some have to wait for the judgement day. A good example is Daniel, he did not go straight to heaven when he died but have to wait till the end of times.

Daniel 12:13 “As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance. ”

God Blessings to you and all.
    Seek and You shall find,

Thanks for the agreement. Anything unexplainable cannot be taken that they do not exists and then swept under the carpet. People should find out and search for the truth to explain the unexplainable.
    What I meant was that the unexplainable can't be taken as real, until it is proven or discredited. I have yet to found out of 100% proven facts of any ghost or paranormals.

I have expected your question. I do believe that some Christians considered as righteous in the eyes of the Lord such as Abraham, Moses, Enoch, Elijah etc. went straight to heaven, some have to wait for the judgement day. A good example is Daniel, he did not go straight to heaven when he died but have to wait till the end of times.

Daniel 12:13 “As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance. ”

God Blessings to you and all.
    So are you making the assumption that only the truely righteous go straight to heaven, while others await judgment day? I think you misunderstand what Daniel is in reference toward.
    Beck

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    What I meant was that the unexplainable can't be taken as real, until it is proven or discredited. I have yet to found out of 100% proven facts of any ghost or paranormals.
    Same as I asked you that Holy Spirit, spirits, souls, demons are unexplainable, can they be taken as real until proven or discredited, so why not ghosts? Please don't misunderstand me, I do believe in spirits, souls and the Holy Spirit as well as you do; I am doubtful about demons and evil spirits which seem to suggest chemical or hormonal agents and germs respectively.

So are you making the assumption that only the truely righteous go straight to heaven, while others await judgment day? I think you misunderstand what Daniel is in reference toward.
    Yes, but what criteria God used to decide which truly righteous should go straight to heaven is beyond me... if not how do you interpret Daniel 12:13?

God Blessed.
    Seek and You shall find,

Same as I asked you that Holy Spirit, spirits, souls, demons are unexplainable, can they be taken as real until proven or discredited, so why not ghosts? Please don't misunderstand me, I do believe in spirits, souls and the Holy Spirit as well as you do; I am doubtful about demons and evil spirits which seem to suggest chemical or hormonal agents and germs respectively.
    The word ghost is another way to say spirit, so how can our spirit take on any kind of form? The claim by many in the field of paranormal is that the spirit takes on the form of 'orbs' of light. Others claim to have seen spirits take on the form of the person it once dwelled in. Well yet the Holy spirit is to dwell in us, so it rather would seem that any spirit needs a body to exist.

Thus when someome speaks of spirit it relating to 'in the spirit' of that person. The part of a human associated with the mind, will, and feelings: Though unable to join us today, they are with us in spirit.

Yes, but what criteria God used to decide which truly righteous should go straight to heaven is beyond me... if not how do you interpret Daniel 12:13?

God Blessed.
    The promise to Daniel of coming into his inheritance is at the end. The end had being established in chapter 10 :13-21 of the latter days when the vision would come to pass and that would be when the prince of Persia and then the prince of Greece shall have come. So clearly Daniel is in reference to the Jewish people being delivered by they opressors of Perisa and Greece. It is at this time of the divided kingdom of Greece namely Seleucid under the control of Antiohcus IV that the Maccabees take back the kingdom and redicated the sanctuary.
    Beck

Thread Information