I am studying John Piper's book The Justification of God which is the premier Reformed (Calvinist) exegesis of Romans 9, and he comes to the conclusion that the phrase "righteousness of God" denotes "God's unswerving commitment to preserve the honor of his name and display his glory." He bases this on the fact that Paul quoted Exo 33:19 as an answer to the question "Is there unrighteousness in God?"

Exodus 33:19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
Piper's conclusion followed from the fact that 1) Exo 33:19 was God's response to Moses request to show him his "glory" and 2) Paul used this as an answer to the question "Is there unrighteousness in God."

So now I have two questions. First, Piper defined God's righteousness in terms of God's Glory. So to really understand his definition, I need to know what the Bible means by "God's glory."

Second, I am wondering how folks here would define "God's righteousness."

Thanks in advance for your comments!

Richard