Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Love is... in Hebrew

Hi,

My name is Michael and I'm looking for the 16 "Love is"...'s that are in 1st Corinthians chap-13, in Hebrew. I am wanting to scribe (draw) them in the order that they are in the chapter in a vertical line.

Language is not a strong subject for me, so will probably need simple instructions. i.e. this 1 is the bottom one ect.. ':>)

If anyone can either help by providing them or send me in the direction of a website or person that can help me, I would be most thankfull.

Cheers

Michael

Michael,
    the problem is the KJ uses the word Charity instead of love as scripted in say the NIV. Many may argue against the word love as the right interpretation for this passage. So to get the original Greek script you can find it here, RAM has a useful gematria generator for Greek and Hebrew.
    You can search the web for a Strongs concordance there are a few sites available, translating the Greek words into Hebrew is then a simple word search process. The beauty of doing the search yourself is that you'll find there may be multiples of words that mean the same thing with subtle differences which depend on the overall context of each individual use.

If your looking for some pattern Good Luck, there are a number of people here who are into that kind of manipulation of the word here.
    If it's Mathematical or Geometrical Patterns your specifically looking for I would recommend you stick with the Greek for the New Testament and Hebrew for the Old. Translations tend to get messy and can lead you up a very long garden path.

Send Richard a message with more detail of what your trying to do, he more than likely will be the best person to steer you in the right direction.

PS. Welcome to the world of translation. It will stretch your mind, frustrate the hell out of you and possibly get you into many debates or full blown arguments. In the end if you've managed to retain what the essence of the word is all about and live according to that standard, then you would have succeeded far beyond what I and half of the debaters here could not!
    God bless your endeavours, for the glory of God in the name of Christ Jesus, amen.
    Mick
    So were you worth it?
    Seriously think about it . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . were you worth dying on the cross for?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mick View Post
    Michael,
    the problem is the KJ uses the word Charity instead of love as scripted in say the NIV. Many may argue against the word love as the right interpretation for this passage. So to get the original Greek script you can find it here, RAM has a useful gematria generator for Greek and Hebrew.
    You can search the web for a Strongs concordance there are a few sites available, translating the Greek words into Hebrew is then a simple word search process. The beauty of doing the search yourself is that you'll find there may be multiples of words that mean the same thing with subtle differences which depend on the overall context of each individual use.

If your looking for some pattern Good Luck, there are a number of people here who are into that kind of manipulation of the word here.
    If it's Mathematical or Geometrical Patterns your specifically looking for I would recommend you stick with the Greek for the New Testament and Hebrew for the Old. Translations tend to get messy and can lead you up a very long garden path.

Send Richard a message with more detail of what your trying to do, he more than likely will be the best person to steer you in the right direction.

PS. Welcome to the world of translation. It will stretch your mind, frustrate the hell out of you and possibly get you into many debates or full blown arguments. In the end if you've managed to retain what the essence of the word is all about and live according to that standard, then you would have succeeded far beyond what I and half of the debaters here could not!
    God bless your endeavours, for the glory of God in the name of Christ Jesus, amen.
    Mick
    Thanks for the reminder Mick. I meant to post the Hebrew translation of 1 Cor 13 but forgot. Hope to get around to it later today.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Thanks for the reminder Mick. I meant to post the Hebrew translation of 1 Cor 13 but forgot. Hope to get around to it later today.
    Thanks Mick and Ram(Richard?),

I wasn't looking for a pattern, although I'll accept and save the luck for when I need it

Its purely for self use, a picture to put on the wall (as it were), so best translation is probably what i'm after.

so far, ive managed...

patient, חולה
    kind, סוג
    envieth not, מקנא אינו
    vaunteth not itself, האם לא להתרברב
    is not puffed up, הוא לא מנופח
    does not behave seemly, לא להתנהג יאה
    does not seek its own, אינו מבקש משלה
    is not provoked, הוא לא עורר
    thinketh no evil, חושב לא רע
    rejoiceth not in iniquity, לשמוח ולא עון
    rejoices with the truth, שמחה עם האמת
    bears all things, נושאת את כל הדברים
    believes all things, מאמין כל הדברים
    hopes all things, תקוות כל הדברים
    endures all things, שורדת את כל הדברים
    never fails. אף פעם לא נכשל

from a English/Hebrew site, and I truely am, as a child to the scene. e.g... only from distant memory do I think that Hebrew is written right to left, and YES I'm confused already, because the word doc that I copy/pasted the above from, has the "word order" in reverse

BUT, as I have pasted below (which is how I would like it in the picture frame. i.e. vertically), it has also inverted (auto-corrected, maybe) the way it looks. I copied what looked like ה in the word doc and it printed ח .

ח
    ו
    ל
    ה

hmmmm hehe

ה
    ל
    ו
    ח

o.k. I'm going to go with my gut, which is telling me that your site is superior to the word doc, visually.

For ironies sake, (if nothing else) is the top translation of "patient" written correctly?

Is the lower of the two vertical ones written correctly?

How accurate are the above translations?

If you could post the translation that you have RAM, that would be propper ace. (maybe highlighting the relevant words, so I dont too much)

I best leave it there for now (my brain and fingers work too slowly, its now the AM, and Im drifting into web searches for vowel point's <walk first> hehe)

Cheers

Michael

Thread Information