Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

50 years

RAM I appreciate your comments. I know about 1948,that it is avery important date,but I can't remember now why I used the year of 1967 to start with,it just seemed to work out OK. My brother starts with 1948 and adds 70 years of a generation to get 2018. I like my assesment because it has more dates.I guess I have a lot to learn. Anyway,thanks for your feedback. handyman

Hi Handyman

These 50 years do they parallel with the year of Jubliee?

50 years

Hi Beck. It would be a heck of a revelation if it did! I don't have the time or the inclination to do the research that far back,besides, where do you start? Your're going to run into different calendars,different days of the year,and after 70 AD who kept the year of Jubilee? I wiil leave that research to smarter and better qualified individuals and I will cheer them on. I love the subject but I know my limits. I would like know how far back a person can go arter 1867 using the same criteria. handyman
    Last edited by handyman; 11-22-2010 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Question mark

50 years

Hi Beck
    I need to give you a better response to your question.Actually,I had given that idea ( parallel to the year of Jubilee ) a thought and I started to do some research on it. But I had to step back a bit and rethink this line of reasoning, because I could not say for sure if Israel kept the year of Jubilee in the Old Testament times, and I did not want to get lost in the wilderness of that research.
    When I was reading in the place where Jesus, while in the synagogue, was reading from the book of Isaiah, these scriptures caught my eye..."to proclaim liberty to the captives and the opening of the prison to them that are bound.To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.Isa.61:1-2 I began to see something very interesting.
    Jesus knew that in the year of 70, the Temple was going to be destroyed. The Jews were going to be scattered all over the known world and the keeping of the Year of Jubilee would be pointless. So, I think that He knew something else.............
    This is a synopsis of my scenario.
    When the enemies surround Israel to, once and for all, desimate the remnant of the people, the Jews will cry out to heaven for help. Jesus, the One they have always rejected, will come and save them. I think that this the only way the Jews will acknowledge and accept Him. Thus all Israel will be saved. I do not know in what year this will happen but all of this will take place on th Day of Atonement when He will proclaim the acceptable year of Jubilee, for He will fulfill all the appointed times of the Lord. Jesus is the Jubilee! God bless.
    handyman

Thread Information