Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile Preterist Convention in September

I subscribe to the Fulfilled magazine (it's free) and they sent me a email about a Preterist Convention in Garrettsville, OH on Sept 17-18. I am seriously considering going and thought maybe some of you would like to go too.

The following is about it:

Fulfilled Prophecy Seminar
    September 17-18 in Garrettsville, Ohio
    Theme: What About The Rapture?

WHAT: Seminar about the Rapture in the First Century
    WHEN: Friday-Saturday (September 17-18, 2010)
    WHERE: Covenant Bible Fellowship Church in Garrettsville, Ohio (near Warren, Ohio)

Friday Evening (Sept. 17th)
    6:30 PM – Registration, Fellowship, Book Tables
    7:15 PM – Announcements and Opening Remarks
    7:30 – Expectations of the Pre-70 Saints - Ed Stevens
    8:15 – Break and Book Tables
    8:30 – Question and Answer Session #1

Saturday (Sept. 18th)
    8:30 AM – Registration, Coffee, and Browse Book Tables
    9:00 – Announcements and Opening Remarks
    9:15 – Rapture in the Old Testament - Ed Stevens
    10:00 – Break Time
    10:15 – Cosmology of the Rapture - Ed Stevens
    11:00 – Break Time
    11:15 – Sequencing the Rapture - Ed Stevens

12:00 noon – Lunch Break

1:30 PM – Christianity After the Rapture - Ed Stevens
    2:15 – Break and Browse Book Tables
    2:45 – Question and Answer Session #2
    3:45 – The End

• SEMINAR THEME: What About The Rapture? The first speech surveys the NT texts which reveal what the first century church expected to see, hear, and experience at the Parousia. Next is a lesson on what the Old Testament says about the Rapture. The third presentation explains how the Rapture occurred (cosmologically) in relation to both the SEEN and UNSEEN realms. The fourth lesson pinpoints the date of the rapture and shows where it fits in the sequence of endtime events. The final lesson discusses the implications of the Rapture for the Church beyond AD 70. Plus there will be two question and answer sessions where we will address some of the more significant objections that critics have raised against the rapture.

• Q&A SESSION – The highlight of our seminars is always answering YOUR specific questions. We prefer to deal with written questions, so as you listen to the lessons, please write down your questions about the Rapture and turn them in to Ed Stevens during the break period.

• EXCELLENT BOOK TABLE for the latest and greatest and hard-to-find preterist books and audio/video media. This will be a good time to get your preterist library in fine shape! Several dozen titles will be available at a discount, with some free door prizes for those who travel the farthest, etc. A free copy of Russell's book, THE PAROUSIA, will be given to every paid registrant when they sign in at the registration table.

• ED STEVENS, SPEAKER – Long time preterist (since graduating from the seminary in 1975), Ed has written five books and published the works of several others, including John Noe, Jessie Mills, J. S. Russell, Arthur Melanson, Al Pigeon, Ian Harding, Dan Harden, and Ken Davies. Ed has defended preterism in two oral debates and two written debates, spoken in numerous seminars all over the country (including OH, PA, FL, NC, CT, NY, NJ, NE, TX, NM, and CA), interviewed on numerous radio talk shows, and sets up an exhibit booth every November at the annual Evangelical Theological Society conferences. He writes a regular column for the quarterly Fulfilled Magazine. He is working on expanded editions of some of his current books.

PUT IT ON YOUR CALENDAR:
    We have invited all of our friends from Ohio, Pennsylvania, Western New York and Ontario, so this will be a great time to meet other fellow believers from the Great Lakes region, learn more about the fulfillment of Bible Prophecy in AD 70, and get your questions answered! Bring your skeptical friends also. Put this on your calendar and start making your plans to be there!

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? There is a discount if you register before Sept. 1st. This only covers your seminar registration, which includes a schedule, lesson outlines, and a FREE copy of Russell's book, THE PAROUSIA. The registration fee does NOT cover any meals, lodging, or other travel expenses.

If You Register Before Sept. 1st:
    Single -- $25
    Couple -- $40
    H.S. or College Student -- $15

If You Register After Sept. 1st (or at the door):
    Single -- $30
    Couple -- $50
    H.S. or College Student -- $15

HOW TO REGISTER:
    To register, click on this link <https://www.preterist.org/orderform.asp#Fulfilled_Prophecy_Seminar_Registrat ion> to go to our secure website order form. Or you may call us on the phone (814-368-6578). You may use your credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or DISCOVER).

DIRECTIONS, FOOD, LODGING, ATTRACTIONS:
    For directions to the church building, as well as detailed info about nearby lodging and food accommodations, simply go to our website at the following link: <http://www.preterist.org/currentactivities.asp>

WHO TO CONTACT FOR MORE INFO:
    International Preterist Association (IPA) • 122 Seaward Avenue • Bradford PA 16701 • Phone: (814) 368-6578
    Email: preterist1@preterist.org • Web Site: www.preterist.org

Thanks for the notice!

:thanks:

Unfortunately, I live near the west coast, so I won't be making it to Ohio.

Please keep us posted.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Thanks for the notice!

:thanks:

Unfortunately, I live near the west coast, so I won't be making it to Ohio.

Please keep us posted.
    Too bad, Richard. I would have loved for you to have been there. I live in TN, so it will be a 8hr drive for me. I haven't completely decided I am going, but I'm thinking about it. Maybe some others here will be able to go.

If I do, maybe I will learn something I can share here.

Thanks for all you do,

Carrie

I can't attend either

I wish I could make it too - Ed Stevens (tho I do not agree with all of his views) has been a tremendous influence in the preterist movement and I would so love to meet him face to face!

We are spotlighting this convention next week and will be praying as a community for this event (as well as the other preterist conventions, etc) through the AD70.net Prayer Team. This is a subministry of the Preterist Broadcast Network run by Michael Loomis and we regularly lift those in the preterist community up in prayer.

Check it out if you like: Prayer Team Journal and if any have specific requests please let us know at: prayer@ad70.net

Blessings, w

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Short View Post
    I wish I could make it too - Ed Stevens (tho I do not agree with all of his views) has been a tremendous influence in the preterist movement and I would so love to meet him face to face!

We are spotlighting this convention next week and will be praying as a community for this event (as well as the other preterist conventions, etc) through the AD70.net Prayer Team. This is a subministry of the Preterist Broadcast Network run by Michael Loomis and we regularly lift those in the preterist community up in prayer.

Check it out if you like: Prayer Team Journal and if any have specific requests please let us know at: prayer@ad70.net

Blessings, w
    Wanda,

Thanks so much for including this convention in your prayers.

Prayer is a wonderful way to support the preterist movement, even when you can't attend gatherings.

Many Blessings to you and yours,

Carrie

Not from this world...from the other side
    Thanks so much,

Yes, I will be going to the Preterist Convention............Symbolically and Invisibly .

Quote Originally Posted by Cheow Wee Hock View Post
    Thanks so much,

Yes, I will be going to the Preterist Convention............Symbolically and Invisibly .
    Thank you, Cheow Wee Hock, that made me laugh!
    g.

P.S. no offense to anyone, I just thought it was funny. I would actually love to go to the convention, but it is far for me.
    Last edited by gem; 08-05-2010 at 04:38 PM. Reason: to add the p.s.

Not from this world...from the other side
    gem, You are a gem...want some more humor?......

Yes, I will be going to the Preterist Convention..... I guessed when I have reached the place of the Preterist Convention, they will tell me that it's all over; it's already past. And no more Convention to look forward to,"So sorry, you are late, you missed the boat....".

Many Blessings.

Yes, I will be going to the Preterist Convention..... I guessed when I have reached the place of the Preterist Convention, they will tell me that it's all over; it's already past. And no more Convention to look forward to,"So sorry, you are late, you missed the boat....".

Many Blessings.
    Thank you, Cheow, for your kind words! And for the humor! Laughter is the best medicine! I wasn’t feeling well at the time, so I went back and read this over again many times, and it made me laugh every time!

Many Blessings.

Thanks Cheow - that was a good joke! The crowd goes wild!

• Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information