Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    Also Eber means beyond as used in:
    2 Chronicles 20
    2 Then there came some that told Jehoshaphat, saying, There cometh a great multitude against thee from beyond the sea on this side Syria; and, behold, they be in Hazazontamar, which is Engedi.
    Hey, good research. The word eber/beyond is maximized in Joshua, specially in the phrases "this side/the other side (beyond) of the Jordan." It appears only once in Book 14 - 2 Chronicles. It again appears only once in Zephaniah, the second book on Spoke 14. It is the last appearance of the word, and it is the only occurrence in the Minor Prophets.
    Zep 3:10 From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.
    This theme of "beyond" reminds me of Hebrews on Spoke 14 and its thesis that the OT men of faith waited for another place/city beyond this earthly realm. We are just pilgrims here.
    Hebrews 11:9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
    Hebrews 11:10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
    Hebrews 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
    The word eber comes from abar, which means to pass over, to pass through. It appears in the Passover story:
    Exo 12:12 For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD.
    It is the defining moment in the history of the Hebrews - Nisan 14th. Thus we find another connection between Eber, the Number 14 and the Passover theme.

The word abar also appears in the New Testament as part of the name of the place where John baptized.
    Joh 1:28 These things were done in Bethabara [= House of Passage] beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.
    The verse number - 28 - is particularly interesting in relation to the name Bethabara.

28 = 2 x 14
    Bethabara = House of Passage
    28 (Bethabara) = 2 (House) X 14 (Passage)

The relationship between abar/passage and the Number 14 is established in the posts above: Eber is the 14th in Adam's lineage, "Hebrew" first appears in Genesis 14, Hebrews is Epistle 14th, the Angel of the Lord "passed through" the house in Egypt on Nisan 14th.

It is also noteworthy that Verse 28 is on Spoke 6, and the phrase "beyond the Jordan" found there is maximized on Spoke 6 in the book of Joshua.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The word abar also appears in the New Testament as part of the name of the place where John baptized.
    Joh 1:28 These things were done in Bethabara [= House of Passage] beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.
    The verse number - 28 - is particularly interesting in relation to the name Bethabara.

28 = 2 x 14
    Bethabara = House of Passage
    28 (Bethabara) = 2 (House) X 14 (Passage)

The relationship between abar/passage and the Number 14 is established in the posts above: Eber is the 14th in Adam's lineage, "Hebrew" first appears in Genesis 14, Hebrews is Epistle 14th, the Angel of the Lord "passed through" the house in Egypt on Nisan 14th.

It is also noteworthy that Verse 28 is on Spoke 6, and the phrase "beyond the Jordan" found there is maximized on Spoke 6 in the book of Joshua.
    John 1:28These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.
    Beyond and Eber mean the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    Beyond and Eber mean the same thing.
    Nice, isn't it?

Thread Information