Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Hey there Alex,

Yes, I knew that. But the problem remains - who is the "judge" of the traditions invented by those guys? Why are their "insights" more important or valid than any others? Calling them "holy" and "divine Rabbis" seems like a kind of ancestor worship which is pretty big in Judaism. Indeed, it is the basis of the original ELS Bible Code research which looked for the names and birth/death dates of famous "Rabbis" encoded in Scripture as if they were somehow more important than other folks. It seems rather like the Catholic habit of canonizing old popes as "saints" and so elevating them above everyone else. The problem is that folks then think their particular ideas were somehow more important than others, and sometimes elevate them to some sort of divine revelation. Case in point: The four values of the Tetragrammaton miss the most important value of DM = 44 which also is the most obvious value since it is spelled with the normal values of the names of the letters:

YVD HA VV HA = 44

Bottom line: Tradition as a "source" of truth is extremely unreliable because it can be so quickly corrupted. It has no method of correction. False ideas can enter in, and once they are in, there is no way to get them out. And then error begets error until it snowballs into a mass of falsehood. Therefore, we must have some other standard for truth. We should apply the same standards we use in all other human endeavors ~ the methods of science (testability) and logic. Inspiration and tradition are great sources of new hypotheses, but those hypotheses must be tested by science (experience) and reason. Those should be our only standards for truth. Do you agree? Or is there another way?

Great chatting!

Richard

Hi Richard,

Well Isaac Luria (1534– July 25, 1572) "discovered" the big-bang

The big bang might be the physical counterpart of the tzimtzum.

Tzimtzum (Hebrew צמצום ṣimṣūm "contraction" or "constriction") is a term used in the kabbalistic teaching of Isaac Luria, explaining his concept that God began the process of creation by "contracting" his infinite light in order to allow for a "conceptual space" in which a finite and seemingly independent world could exist. This contraction, forming an "empty space" (חלל הפנוי) in which creation could begin, is known as the Tzimtzum.

Quote Originally Posted by France232 View Post
    Hi Richard,

Well Isaac Luria (1534– July 25, 1572) "discovered" the big-bang

The big bang might be the physical counterpart of the tzimtzum.

Tzimtzum (Hebrew צמצום ṣimṣūm "contraction" or "constriction") is a term used in the kabbalistic teaching of Isaac Luria, explaining his concept that God began the process of creation by "contracting" his infinite light in order to allow for a "conceptual space" in which a finite and seemingly independent world could exist. This contraction, forming an "empty space" (חלל הפנוי) in which creation could begin, is known as the Tzimtzum.
    Oh yeah ... I'm not dismissing Isaac Luria. He could have had profound insights. Or perhaps the tzimtzum was just a figment of his imagination that has absolutely nothing to do with the Big Bang and the literal history of the physical universe and we are just reading our modern understanding into his writings. I really can't say. But in any case, we probably should remember that we wouldn't have any "theory of the Big Bang" to attribute to Isaac Luria if it were not for the hard science that produced it after much serious labor hundreds of years later.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Hello ! some new ducuments about the fabulous value 232 and the great pyramid:

From the book of Clarence Larkin :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Larkin

Vertical height of great pyramid:

One sacred cubit = 63,5 cm - 25 inch Isaac Newton.

Why the scred cubit = 25 inch.

http://davidsbranch.com/Book/documen..._APX_CUBIT.pdf

Hello everybody this is the french web site about the number 232:

http://www.sefer-ha-zohar.com

Hello everybody this is the french web site about the number 232:

http://www.sefer-ha-zohar.com

Hey there my friend,

I wish I new French. But Google translator works well enough to get the main ideas.

Thanks for the links to the info about the pyramid. I have another friend who was telling about the dimensions just yesterday and I intended to study it more.

I see you have made an interesting ankh/cross/heart with the numbers 2,3,2. Very creative! My wife likes making symbolic art like that.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Hey there my friend,

I wish I new French. But Google translator works well enough to get the main ideas.

Thanks for the links to the info about the pyramid. I have another friend who was telling about the dimensions just yesterday and I intended to study it more.

I see you have made an interesting ankh/cross/heart with the numbers 2,3,2. Very creative! My wife likes making symbolic art like that.

I have many document (only) in french about the dimensions of the great pyramid...

This one is in english,gematria & the pyramid from :

Stonehenge and the Great Pyramid: Window on the Universe Par Bonnie Gaunt

I have many document (only) in french about the dimensions of the great pyramid...

This one is in english,gematria & the pyramid from :

Stonehenge and the Great Pyramid: Window on the Universe Par Bonnie Gaunt

Using my database [link], I find those words sum to 2319, not 2320. I am guessing that Bonnie must have used the "colel" rule. Personally, I don't accept that rule for two reasons. First, the most precise patterns like the holographs are destroyed if we start adding or subtracting units. Second, because the prime factors play a large role in the gematria and the colel rule allows for random factors since the distribution of the prime factors are random relative to an arithmetic sequence like n - 1, n, n + 1. For example, consider n = 36:

35 = 5 x 7
    36 = 2 x 2 x 3 x 3
    37 = prime

Also, I find the idea that there is a supernatural design in the pyramids that integrates with the gematria of Christ somewhat unlikely and very difficult to determine with any certainty. It would be very difficult to discern between chance and design in such a case.

Check out my blog site

Hello Richard,if you are interested by the Pyramid you can read if you want:
    A Miracle in Stone: The Great Pyramid, by Joesph A. Seiss, [1877]

Joseph Seiss

Joseph Augustus Seiss (March 18, 1823–June 20, 1904) was an American theologian and Lutheran minister known for his religion writings on pyramidology and dispensationalism.

Life

Seiss was born in Graceham, Frederick County, Maryland, to an agricultural family; his interest in religious studies reportedly began in childhood. Seiss was confirmed at age 15 as a member of the Moravian Church, and determined to pursue the ministry. Beginning in 1839, Seiss enrolled at Gettysburg College in Pennsylvania for a year or two of studies, but completed his theological courses by private study. He was licensed to preach in 1842 by the synod of Virginia, and ordained to a Lutheran ministry in 1844. Seiss held pastorates in Virginia and Maryland until 1858, when he accepted a position at St. John's English Lutheran church in Philadelphia. In 1875, Seiss was elected pastor of the newly established Church of the Holy Communion in western Philadelphia. His contemporaries described him as "an eloquent pulpit orator" and said his "style is clear, ornate, attractive, and forcible". Periodicals of the day mention his speeches at New York's Steinway Hall and other prominent venues. Seiss was first published when he was 22 years old, and his works were often reviewed in literary and theological journals.[3] A 1904 New York Times abstract describes Seiss as "one of the foremost men of the Church" and as "one of the founders of the General Council in 1867"

Writings and legacy

Seiss eventually published more than a hundred works. Perhaps his most well-known work is The Great Pyramid of Egypt, Miracle in Stone: Secrets and Advanced Knowledge (1877); it is considered a primary text of pyramidology. Seiss explicitly hoped that his writings on pyramidology would contribute "something toward the furtherance of correct science, true philosophy, and a proper Christianity". The new forward to the 2007 reprint of the work states:
    In addition to pyramidology, Joseph Seiss was a Christian dispensationalist, a 19th century millenialist school of thought. The dispensationalists viewed human history as a series of covenants with God. They were certain that the end of days could be pinpointed using Biblical prophecy. This was the origin of a set of beliefs widely accepted by contemporary evangelical Christians.
    Seiss is typically cited among less than a dozen theologians who influenced Charles Taze Russell, the founding editor of the magazine now known as The Watchtower. Published by Jehovah's Witnesses' Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, the religious magazine and organization abandoned its teachings on pyramidology by the late 1920s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Seiss

Joseph Seiss was an American theologian and Lutheran minister not Jehovah's Witnesses

P.S.Personnaly i'm catholic.

http://books.google.fr/books?id=vMoK...page&q&f=false

Last edited by France232; 07-27-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Hello Richard,if you are interested by the Pyramid you can read if you want:

Joseph Seiss

Joseph Augustus Seiss (March 18, 1823–June 20, 1904) was an American theologian and Lutheran minister known for his religion writings on pyramidology and dispensationalism.
    Thanks for the info. I found an English copy of his entire book here:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/ams/index.htm

But history has proven his work false. Here are his predictions about the "end of the age" happening within a few years of 1877 when his book was published:
    And that solemn time is also everywhere represented as now close at hand. As far as theologians have been able to ascertain, all the prophetic dates are about run out. The Scriptural signs of the end have appeared. Every method of computation points to the solemn conclusion that we are now on the margin of the end of this age and dispensation. Nor does the Great Pyramid fail to tell us the same thing. Measuring off one thousand eight hundred and seventy-seven inches from the beginning of the Grand Gallery for the one thousand eight hundred and seventy-seven years since the birth of Christ, there remain but a few inches more to bring us to its end. So likewise when we go forward on the dial of the precessional cycle to observe the condition of the heavens when the last of these inches is counted off, the astronomical indications are correspondingly remarkable.
    Just look at the certainty with which he spoke! The "time" was "now close at hand" and "all the prophetic dates are about run out" and the "Scriptural signs of the end have appeared" - all in the year 1877! One hundred and thirty four years ago, he confidently proclaimed in no uncertain terms that "every method of computation points to the solemn conclusion that we are now on the margin of the end of this age and dispensation." Obviously, he was totally and absolutely wrong just like every other date-setter that ever walked this earth. He was a Dispensational Futurist who thought the end would happen "in just a few years" in his own life like almost all Dispensational Futurists.

I trust you will understand why I cannot take his work seriously. His method of calculating years by correlating them with "pyramid inches" failed quite spectacularly.

All the best,

Richard

Check out my blog site

Hello Richard,
    His work is interesting because it highlights the importance of Cheops and its probable connection with the Bible, yet it is certain that all the speculations of dates should be avoided.
    There are many Christian authors who have written about cheops often they write interesting things, but at the same time they go too far in some wacky theories ...
    Personally I am interested only in external dimensions: height width perimeter.
    I think the subject is very interesting because Surprisingly always found that number of 232,(Why?)I includes a maximum of paper and I make analogies with sacred architecture,Jewish Kabbalah and gematria.

What do you think about Esaïe 19:19 / Esaïe 19:20 ?

Thread Information