Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Not from this world...from the other side

Will Non-Christians go the heaven?

As requested by RAM to form a new thread for discussion.

Will those who have not heard the gospel which is not a fault of their own goes to heaven? (People who died before the gospel reached them, people who lived in the remote areas of the earth who have no chance of receiving the gospel, people whose mental capacity is unable to understand the gospel). Will God grant them a second chance? or is ignorance is no excuse or are they innocent and therefore not guilty since they did not know or heard of the gospel?

Anyone?

Many Blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheow Wee Hock View Post
    As requested by RAM to form a new thread for discussion.

Will those who have not heard the gospel which is not a fault of their own goes to heaven? (People who died before the gospel reached them, people who lived in the remote areas of the earth who have no chance of receiving the gospel, people whose mental capacity is unable to understand the gospel). Will God grant them a second chance? or is ignorance is no excuse or are they innocent and therefore not guilty since they did not know or heard of the gospel?

Anyone?

Many Blessings.
    If I were going to start this thread I would have asked:

Is the purpose of Christianity to provide some individuals with a ticket to heaven?

Or is that an inversion of the Gospel that declares God has reconciled the world unto Himself through Christ?

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Not from this world...from the other side
    Hi RAM.

I have struggled to keep the title short. The title is also appropriate for non-christians which include Buddhists, Muslims etc., do they also go to heaven when they die? It is also a way to widen the scope.

Many Blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheow Wee Hock View Post
    Hi RAM.

I have struggled to keep the title short. The title is also appropriate for non-christians which include Buddhists, Muslims etc., do they also go to heaven when they die? It is also a way to widen the scope.

Many Blessings.
    Excellent! I think this will be very interesting discussion.

I understand the challenge of finding good titles that are both completely descriptive and short. If you think up a better title, I can change it for you.

All the very best, my friend,

Richard
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

I believe that Jesus fully accomplished what he came to do, to redeem the entire world, according to 2 Corinthians 5. However one understands going to heaven, I do not believe it is a chance at all, but that every single person will experience in time.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryfl View Post
    I believe that Jesus fully accomplished what he came to do, to redeem the entire world, according to 2 Corinthians 5. However one understands going to heaven, I do not believe it is a chance at all, but that every single person will experience in time.

Ron
    Amen, Ron. Well said.

Joel
    For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38,39

Ron
    I'll add my AMEN to that also!...

As each person (in their own time) wakes up and enters into the light of Christ (that has touched every man), they will be in the Kingdom of God.

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Ron
    Well stated!

I agree wholeheartedly.

We have a consensus of four members at this point!

Richard

Check out my blog site

Ron
    (my added emphasis)

I must still be over-tired. Are all you folks saying that ALL people everywhere will "eventually" end up in heaven?

If so, I guess I am the only non-assenting vote. I always thought there would be few that would find this life in Christ? What about Paul saying about those who should be accursed for adding to Christ?

I don't get it...How can someone achieve life in Christ if there are trying to find it somewhere else?

Hey Truthseeker,

Believe me, I very much understand why it can be difficult to see. I think one reason is because we misunderstand not only when things were said but also in what context they were said. I also believe many assumptions end up getting made, such as saying that if all end up saved, then Christ died for nothing, or if all are saved, then why go out and share the gospel, which things are patently untrue assumptions.

I know I have not answered your questions, but just know that this is a very large subject, encompassing many aspects of scriptures, probably even more than our discussion of end times.

If you would like to examine why I believe that all are redeemed, and what that means to me from scripture, I would be happy to examine it with you, not to change your mind, but so that you can at least understand why I said what I did. Just let me know brother.

Ron

Thread Information