Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hey Gilgal, those are great examples!

How about viewing it this way: 3 disciples + Jesus on the mount = four people who were able to experience the 5th dimension, that being the voice of God from heaven and the glorified Moses and Elijah (a glimpse into the kingdom of heaven) .

The same can be said for Shadrach, Meshach, and abednedgo: there were the three men + the Son of Man = four individuals who were able to experience the 5th dimension, that being their deliverance from the fiery furnace (the manifest power of God in the kingdom of heaven).

4 is the door (Dalet) to life (Heh)

Rose
    Maybe. I find it impossible to make a definite interpretation. Some see 666 as evil and others as good. 5 is usually associated with the heavenly things (the sea as well in Genesis on the 5th day). Some say 10 is the number of the gentiles but it would be inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryfl View Post
    Not sure if this would fit as well, but with regard to three similar, followed by one different, what about:

EPISTLES OF THE THREE ESTEEMED PILLARS
    James
    Peter
    John

Different from them
    Jude
    Excellent find!
    Gal 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John [the same as the canonical sequence!], who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
    And there is more:

Pillar 1 - James: wrote 1 Epistle
    Pillar 2 - Peter: wrote 2 Epistles
    Pillar 3 - John: wrote 3 Epistles

We can also compare these three to the three Synoptic Gospels. James corresponds to Matthew, and we know that they share many things in common, both having a Jewish flavor. They emphasize the importance of the Law. The Sermon of the Mountain is quoted by James.

Peter's Epistles correspond to Mark, which was written under Peter's influence according to tradition. I don't see a clear connection between John's Epistles and Luke yet.

As for Jude, it is aligned with the Gospel of John on the Bible Wheel. They both are the "different one" in the set. Jude and the Fourth Gospel have many common themes.

Please note their alignment on Spoke 21:

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    The Book of Daniel on Spoke 5 contains two detailed visions of Five Kingdoms. The sequence of Kingdoms in both visions is divided into Four Earthly Kingdoms that are defeated and replaced by the Fifth Kingdom, which is the Kingdom of Heaven. The sequence of Kingdoms ends with a revelation of God on His Throne in both visions of Daniel 2 and Daniel 7.

The Four Earthly Kingdoms are subdivided into a pattern of 3 + 1 just like the Cherubim in Revelation 4 and the Four Gospels.

The Five Kingdoms match the pattern of the Five NT Historical Books which are consummated in Acts which also reveals Christ on His Throne and the coming of the Kingdom of Heaven at Pentecost.

The same pattern is seen in the last Five Letters on Cycle 3 of the Bible Wheel, with the ultimate consummation in Revelation where the Kingdoms of this world become the Kingdoms of God and His Christ, and again Christ is revealed seated on His Throne.

Special attention should be given to the themes revealed on Spoke 22 in the table.

Consider what we are witnessing here: The sequences of the Kingdoms in the text of Daniel 2 & 7 cohere with the the large-scale pattern of the books of the Bible and their integration with the sequence of the Hebrew Alphabet!

The correlations listed in this table are just an outline. It will take weeks to document the fullness of the patterns it reveals.

Another interesting connection with "Gold" and the Gospel of Matthew is in the story of the gifts of the wise men. In this account (which is unique to Matthew), one of the gifts given to the baby Jesus is Gold. Also the Gospel of Matthew is the only Gospel to mention the word Gold, and does so 4 times!

Matthew is the only Gospel that calls Jesus "King of the Jews" at His birth.
    Matt.2:2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him....11)And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

More food for thought....

Rose

P.S. Also the prophecy in Isaiah that Matthew's account is a fulfillment of mentions the gift of Gold that is to be given the Lord.

Isa.60:6 The multitude of camels shall cover thee, the dromedaries of Midian and Ephah; all they from Sheba shall come: they shall bring gold and incense; and they shall shew forth the praises of the LORD.
    Last edited by Rose; 02-22-2010 at 01:07 PM.
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

This thread has sparked a revolution in the thinking of Rose and myself. We am seeing coherent patterns all over the Bible based on nested patterns based on 3 + 1 = 4 and 4 + 1 = 5. As shown in the table in the previous post, these nested patterns manifest in the 5 NT History Books, the 5 Kingdoms of Dan 2 and Dan 7, and the 5 Living beings represented by the 4 Cherubim under/surrounding the Throne of God.

The 3 + 1 pattern of the 4 Gospels and the 4 Cherubim also manifests in the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego when they are thrown in the fiery furnace:

3 Earthly Men + 1 Son of God

This pattern matches the Gospels in that John represents Christ as the Son of God but I have not yet seen any connection between the names of the 3 Earthly Men and the corresponding synoptic Gospels.

We also see the same 3/1 ratio in the parallel subdivisions of the 12 OT History Books and the 12 Minor Prophets. Both subdivide into 9 + 3 = 3 x (3 + 1). Thus, we have the same ratio for all three of these large-scale divisions of Scripture: 9/3 = 3/1.

In the case of the 4 Cherubim in Ezekiel, each Cherub is itself fourfold. So we have a pattern within a pattern, and this "meta-pattern" is itself reflected in the wheels which are described as "a wheel within a wheel."

While meditating on these patterns, I noticed that Bible Wheel is also based on a pattern of 3 + 1:

4 Cycles = 3 Cycles of Books + 1 Alphabetic Cycle.

And as pointed out by Victor, the 7 Divisions of the Canon Wheel are grouped like the 7 Branches of the Menorah and the 7 Days of Creation into 3 Pairs + 1 Set Apart. This allows us to see the correlation of the 3 + 1 Cherubim with the 7 Divisions of the Canon Wheel. Thus, the Bible Wheel is based on the pattern of 3 + 1 in two fundamental ways, and its design is profoundly integrated with fundamental patterns revealed in the text of Scripture.

These 3 +1 patterns are usually part of a 4 + 1 = 5 pattern, in which the 5th element relates to the corresponding Spiritual Reality, the Kingdom of God, the Quintessence of the Reality underlying the 4. Here is the definition of "Quintessence:"
    quin·tes·sence /kwɪnˈtɛsəns/ Show Spelled[kwin-tes-uhns] –noun
    1. the pure and concentrated essence of a substance.
    2. the most perfect embodiment of something.
    3. (in ancient and medieval philosophy) the fifth essence or element, ether, supposed to be the constituent matter of the heavenly bodies, the others being air, fire, earth, and water.
    I'm working to put together my new insights into one big post, but I thought it would be a good idea to share my basic insights so that others can then contribute their insights.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Another example of the 3 + 1 pattern is of the foursquare Temple. God's Temple on earth was designed with three sides having gates, and one side that had none.

Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Another example of the 3 + 1 pattern is of the foursquare Temple. God's Temple on earth was designed with three sides having gates, and one side that had none.

Rose
    Exactly correct. And note that there were actually thee pairs of Gates centered on the Gate to the Holy of holies. Thus, the Gates follow the patter of the 3 paired divisions of the Bible Wheel:

Richard
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

This thread has sparked a revolution in the thinking of Rose and myself. We am seeing coherent patterns all over the Bible based on nested patterns based on 3 + 1 = 4 and 4 + 1 = 5.
    Thank your Richard, for posting these correlations! I had noticed them, except for the 3 x (3 + 1) pattern. Once you learn how strong this pattern is, you begin to find it everywhere in Scripture.

As shown in the table in the previous post, these nested patterns manifest in the 5 NT History Books, the 5 Kingdoms of Dan 2 and Dan 7, and the 5 Living beings represented by the 4 Cherubim under/surrounding the Throne of God.
    This fivefold pattern permeates the body of Scripture. In fact, the canonical structure of the Bible is grouped into chunks of 5, 12 and 22, which are the first pentagonal numbers!

It is also good to remind that Five is the Number of Life! Thus five living beings.

The 3 + 1 pattern of the 4 Gospels and the 4 Cherubim also manifests in the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego when they are thrown in the fiery furnace:

3 Earthly Men + 1 Son of God
    Yes, it is very obvious once you see it. I also have correlated the three Hebrew men as “synoptic” in relation to the fourth one of their group, Daniel. Daniel and the fourth Evangelist both had very impressive apocalyptic visions. Daniel means “My Judge is God and "judging" is a key concept in John (Shink KeyWord Shaphat).

This pattern matches the Gospels in that John represents Christ as the Son of God but I have not yet seen any connection between the names of the 3 Earthly Men and the corresponding synoptic Gospels.
    I have seen something, it is interesting but the first pair (Shadrach and Matthew) is not very distinctive so far. But of course the association between the fourth man and the Johannine "Son of God" is hard to miss. Both Nebuchadnezzar and the first century Jews unwittingly gave testimony to the heavenly origin of this "man".
    Joh 19:7 The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.
    Joh 19:8 When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he was the more afraid;
    Joh 19:9 And went again into the judgment hall, and saith unto Jesus, Whence art thou? But Jesus gave him no answer.
    We also see the same 3/1 ratio in the parallel subdivisions of the 12 OT History Books and the 12 Minor Prophets. Both subdivide into 9 + 3 = 3 x (3 + 1). Thus, we have the same ratio for all three of these large-scale divisions of Scripture: 9/3 = 3/1.
    I had never noticed that. It is very good!! Multiples of the 3 + 1 pattern.

In the case of the 4 Cherubim in Ezekiel, each Cherub is itself fourfold. So we have a pattern within a pattern, and this "meta-pattern" is itself reflected in the wheels which are described as "a wheel within a wheel."
    Nice and explicit pattern!

While meditating on these patterns, I noticed that Bible Wheel is also based on a pattern of 3 + 1:

4 Cycles = 3 Cycles of Books + 1 Alphabetic Cycle.
    I had noticed that one but never had the chance to share! There's a lot to say about it.

These 3 +1 patterns are usually part of a 4 + 1 = 5 pattern, in which the 5th element relates to the corresponding Spiritual Reality, the Kingdom of God, the Quintessence of the Reality underlying the 4. Here is the definition of "Quintessence:"
    quin·tes·sence /kwɪnˈtɛsəns/ Show Spelled[kwin-tes-uhns] –noun
    1. the pure and concentrated essence of a substance.
    2. the most perfect embodiment of something.
    3. (in ancient and medieval philosophy) the fifth essence or element, ether, supposed to be the constituent matter of the heavenly bodies, the others being air, fire, earth, and water.
    I'm working to put together my new insights into one big post, but I thought it would be a good idea to share my basic insights so that others can then contribute their insights.

Richard
    We're on the same track, because I myself have long cherished this same insight on the Number 5 and quintessence! The word arises from the fact that the ancients spoke of the four elements that constituted the world's matter, as you quote above. (Cf. Four Weak and Beggarly Elements) So the fifth element goes "beyond" the physical things in that it is out of this world, spiritual, like the Kingdom of God and the Spirit of God. This connects to the symbolic meaning assigned to the fifth letter Hey by the Rabbis: it is associated with Hevel, Breath - the Spirit of God.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    This fivefold pattern permeates the body of Scripture. In fact, the canonical structure of the Bible is grouped into chunks of 5, 12 and 22, which are the first pentagonal numbers!

It is also good to remind that Five is the Number of Life! Thus five living beings.
    I'm glad you mentioned that! It was something that impressed me when I noticed it. There's just too much for one person to say.

The connection between the Bible Wheel and the idea of the Quintessential Reality is continuing to grow ever stronger. It is a powerful tool of meditation. When I gaze into the Bible Wheel I see the meaning of the text coming into focus. We know the Bible itself is a revelation to guide us to knowledge of God - the Quintessential Truth, the single Point of All Scripture. This function is greatly amplified in the Bible Wheel, especially when we understand its correlation with the Four Cherubim. Gazing into the unified body of Scripture evokes a sense of its ultimate meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    We're on the same track, because I myself have long cherished this same insight on the Number 5 and quintessence! The word arises from the fact that the ancients spoke of the four elements that constituted the world's matter, as you quote above. (Cf. Four Weak and Beggarly Elements) So the fifth element goes "beyond" the physical things in that it is out of this world, spiritual, like the Kingdom of God and the Spirit of God. This connects to the symbolic meaning assigned to the fifth letter Hey by the Rabbis: it is associated with Hevel, Breath - the Spirit of God.
    Tremendous insights, especially those I highlighted red. We are tracking perfectly. I feel that God is opening a door. Rose and I have coined the phrase "Four is the Door to the Quintessence." And since 5 is associated with Life, Rose likes to say "Four is the Door to Life!" Remember, the first birth occurred in Genesis 4, and is related directly to the name of the letter Dalet (spelled backwards). See Dalet - Universal Doors of Birth and Death.

And we must not forget that the Number Five relates to the concept of revelation. Hey means "Behold." See Spoke 5 - The Secret Things of God. This compounds the meaning of the Bible Wheel built on pentagonal numbers and the Quintessence of Life it reveals through the power of the Spirit.

Richard

Check out my blog site

Another Quaternity - 1 Kings 19:11-12

1 Kings 19:11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: 12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.
    Four elements:

1. Great Wind (ruach)
    2. Earthquake (ra'ash)
    3. Fire (esh)
    4. Still Small Voice (qol damamah daqah)

This quaternity follows the standard pattern of 3 + 1:
    4 Manifestations = 3 Natural Forces + 1 Divine Voice
    The Fourth Manifestation is described by the Dalet (Fourth Letter) KeyWord damamah which means "silent" or "still." It is cognate with KeyWord damah which God placed in the Dalet verse of Psalm 37:
    Psalm 37.7 [Dalet]: Rest in the LORD [Dom L'YHVH], and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
    The Number Four is profoundly connected with the concept of stillness and rest which coheres, of course, with the Fourth Commandment (Sabbath Rest). We see this symbolic meaning of Dalet clearly displayed in Psalm 4:4 -
    Psalm 4:4 Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still (damam). Selah.
    Note that Elijah was in a cave. Jung would have found that to be quite significant.

Richard

Check out my blog site

Four Seals

Rev.6:1-6 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer. And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see. And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword. And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
    Rev.6:7-8And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
    Once again we see the 3 + 1 pattern manifest explicitly in the opening of the first four seals of Revelation. The fourth seal is diverse from the other 3 seals because of the intensity of its fourfold manifestation of power that is given over a fourth part of the earth to kill with four things: the sword, hunger, the beasts of the earth, and finally death.

Not only do these horsemen have the power of the red horse; to kill with the sword and the black horse to have control over food, and to be able to starve people to death, but also to kill them with plagues, and to have them torn to pieces by wild animals. So the pale horsemen have the powers of the previous two, in the same order then doubled, just as their riders are doubled, Death and Hell.

It is also very interesting to note that it is the fourth creature who announces the fourth seal being opened, and it contains four judgments that are given to the rider over a fourth part of the earth: these are the exact four judgments that God sent on Jerusalem the first time, recorded in the book of Ezekiel which resides on the 4th Spoke!
    Ezek. 14:21 For thus say the Lord GOD; How much more when I send my four sore judgments upon Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast?

Rose

Thread Information