Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seoul, Korea (originally from Auckland, New Zealand)

Lightbulb New Jerusalem Cube

Morning, Afternoon, Evening All!

I would like to share with you some things that I have discovered from the New Jerusalem cube. There is a tremendous amount to get through, so I will do it by installments over the next few months or more.

I set out to analyse the NJ cube from a numero-geometrical perspective. There are two basic principles that I apply to the measuring of the cubic structure:
    (1) I assume that the cube is of the 37th magnitude, and then set out to test this hypothesis.
    (2) I place the names of the twelve sons of Israel at the twelve gates, and use the gematria of their names to test for any meaningful numerical patterns.

In relation to (1), I chose to test the number 37 because of the leading role this number appears to have in Scripture. I assume that this might also apply to structure, and so test for any signs of evidence to support this conjecture.
    The initial evidence comes in the form of the numbers 12 and 144, which are seen to be structural numbers within the NJ cube (Rev. 21:12,17). This initial evidence is not strong, but is something to start building a case from.
    The number 12 relates to 37 through the prime index. 37 is the 12th prime number. Then when we consider the square of 12, which is 144, we find that the square of 37, which is 1369, has a perimeter of 144. There are implications to this feature, which may or may not be important. They are:
    (1a) the 37th square forms part of a pythagorean triple along with the 12th square, thus 12^2 + 35^2 = 37^2.
    (1b) the number 144 comes from what could be construed as a perimeter measurement of a square from the text (Rev. 21:16,17).
    As stated, this initial evidence is not strong, but there is enough in it to proceed further with the investigation.

In relation to (2), I base the placement of the twelve tribes upon the pattern given at Ezekiel 48:31-34. The reasons for choosing this arrangement are:
    (2a) Ezekiel is talking about a future city that appears to harmonise with that of the NJ.
    (2b) Ezekiel uses the four compass points to orient the gates of the city in his vision (Eze. 48:31-34). The same strategy applies to mapping out the gates of the NJ (Rev. 21:12,13). Both use the twelve tribes for the gate structures, with Ezekiel being the more specific.

When placing the gates, I employ a strategy in working with a three-dimensional cubic construct. Instead of placing 12 gates around a square, I assume that the topography of the cube plays some part in defining what the gates are. My assumption is that the 8 vertices of the cube represent 8 gates. Therefore, the remaining 4 gates I assume are to be understood as a composite nuclear vertex, right at the very heart of the cube. In my next post, I will give a little more detail of this strategy.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Morning, Afternoon, Evening All!
    You stole that from Truman's World, didn't ya?

I would like to share with you some things that I have discovered from the New Jerusalem cube. There is a tremendous amount to get through, so I will do it by installments over the next few months or more.

I set out to analyse the NJ cube from a numero-geometrical perspective. There are two basic principles that I apply to the measuring of the cubic structure:
    (1) I assume that the cube is of the 37th magnitude, and then set out to test this hypothesis.
    (2) I place the names of the twelve sons of Israel at the twelve gates, and use the gematria of their names to test for any meaningful numerical patterns.

In relation to (1), I chose to test the number 37 because of the leading role this number appears to have in Scripture. I assume that this might also apply to structure, and so test for any signs of evidence to support this conjecture.
    I agree whole-heartedly (The Heart = HaLev = 37) that the number 37 does play a "leading role" in the numbers of the Bible, and I think we might learn something interesting about the cube of 37, but its pretty hard to imagine that it would have anything to do with the New Jerusalem of the Bible since there is no way to confirm the connections.

The initial evidence comes in the form of the numbers 12 and 144, which are seen to be structural numbers within the NJ cube (Rev. 21:12,17). This initial evidence is not strong, but is something to start building a case from.
    I'm not sure why we would want to "build a case" for something the Bible doesn't clearly teach. For example, Vernon has done some excellent work "building a case" for the integrated alphanumeric/geometric structure of Genesis 1:1 on the rock solid foundation of the text of Scripture. There is no "speculation" there at all. That's the kind of thing I find truly valuable. Its almost like I'm allergic to speculation about Bible topics.

The number 12 relates to 37 through the prime index. 37 is the 12th prime number. Then when we consider the square of 12, which is 144, we find that the square of 37, which is 1369, has a perimeter of 144. There are implications to this feature, which may or may not be important. They are:
    (1a) the 37th square forms part of a pythagorean triple along with the 12th square, thus 12^2 + 35^2 = 37^2.
    (1b) the number 144 comes from what could be construed as a perimeter measurement of a square from the text (Rev. 21:16,17).
    As stated, this initial evidence is not strong, but there is enough in it to proceed further with the investigation.
    I think the relation between the perimeter of 37^2 and 12^2 is interesting. There is a very strong link between 37, 73, and 12 via

37 = 6 x 6 + 1
    73 = 2 x 6 x 6 + 1

This an essential aspect of their integration in Genesis 1:1 and "sixness" of the geometry (hexagon and star numbers) which coheres perfectly with the plain text which speaks of Creation in Six Days.

In relation to (2), I base the placement of the twelve tribes upon the pattern given at Ezekiel 48:31-34. The reasons for choosing this arrangement are:
    (2a) Ezekiel is talking about a future city that appears to harmonise with that of the NJ.
    (2b) Ezekiel uses the four compass points to orient the gates of the city in his vision (Eze. 48:31-34). The same strategy applies to mapping out the gates of the NJ (Rev. 21:12,13). Both use the twelve tribes for the gate structures, with Ezekiel being the more specific.
    How does Ezekiel's Temple "harmonize" with the NJ? The dimensions are totally different.

When placing the gates, I employ a strategy in working with a three-dimensional cubic construct. Instead of placing 12 gates around a square, I assume that the topography of the cube plays some part in defining what the gates are. My assumption is that the 8 vertices of the cube represent 8 gates. Therefore, the remaining 4 gates I assume are to be understood as a composite nuclear vertex, right at the very heart of the cube. In my next post, I will give a little more detail of this strategy.

Stephen
    This surely will prove to be a very interesting exercise, but I can not imagine how it could have anything to do with the New Jerusalem mentioned in the Bible, since the construction is entirely ad hoc.

What's your opinion on this question? Do you believe the NJ Cube actually represents the NJ in the Bible?

Richard

Its mine, all mine!

Hi Stephen and Richard,

I'll be interested in reading any finding about the New Jerusalem Cube. The reason is because a few years ago I was toying with a related concept - a New Jerusalem/New Testament relationship in which the 27 books of the New Testament are represented graphically by a 3x3x3 cube. This also requires much speculation. However, it had enough interesting properties that I became convinced there was a very meaningful pattern there and I just wasn't getting to the heart of it. I may not have the most interesting configuration.

In my configuration, I had the first 6 books as the middle of the 6 sides, Revelation as the center, the Epistles on top (with Romans in middle), the Apostles on bottom (with Acts in middle) and the Gospels and John/Jude books around the belt. The 8 books beginning with 1 and 2 were used as the corners. If anyone thinks they can explore this concept and develop it more fully, I strongly urge them to do so since it seemed to come up with brilliant patterns, but I'm not nearly as good at getting this stuff all down on paper and explaining it. It's difficult to believe it's not at least slightly inspired.

Now back to the gematria conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Hi Stephen and Richard,

I'll be interested in reading any finding about the New Jerusalem Cube. The reason is because a few years ago I was toying with a related concept - a New Jerusalem/New Testament relationship in which the 27 books of the New Testament are represented graphically by a 3x3x3 cube. This also requires much speculation. However, it had enough interesting properties that I became convinced there was a very meaningful pattern there and I just wasn't getting to the heart of it. I may not have the most interesting configuration.
    Hi David!

I can see that I gotta be careful throwing that cold water around too much - it is meant to temper the steal, not put out the fire!

Speculation is not all bad - indeed, we really should let our minds wander free, but it is only on the Rock of Scripture that we can hope to stand firm and secure. Your "speculation" for example, does build on the Rock in the sense that there really are 27 books in the NT. And given that God uses the Cube in the design of the Devir, which was an alternate designation of the Holy of holies that is derived from davar (word, or to speak) and which is transalted as "oracle", we have a very interesting suggesting that God may be speaking from the oracle of the NT cube. If that's speculation, its the kind of speculation that I feel alright with.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    In my configuration, I had the first 6 books as the middle of the 6 sides, Revelation as the center, the Epistles on top (with Romans in middle), the Apostles on bottom (with Acts in middle) and the Gospels and John/Jude books around the belt. The 8 books beginning with 1 and 2 were used as the corners. If anyone thinks they can explore this concept and develop it more fully, I strongly urge them to do so since it seemed to come up with brilliant patterns, but I'm not nearly as good at getting this stuff all down on paper and explaining it. It's difficult to believe it's not at least slightly inspired.

Now back to the gematria conversation.
    The idea is truly intriguing. My only challenge is the arbitrariness of the positioning of the books. Since there are trillions of possibilities, it is exceedingly unlikely that we would just "stumble on the correct pattern by chance. Now you do have some interesting reasons and regularities that you used in the pattern. I think most people would grant that there are few books that would merit the central position, so it would be Romans or Revelation, or may John because of the Logos. But the choices do seem few. And you found a principle for the 8 corners - it is always best if you do things on principle. Of course, an alternate principle would be a representative book from each of the 8 NT authors is placed on a corner.

Well, I don't expect to "figure it all out" as I write this post, but I do think that it is definitely worth pursuing.

Thanks David!

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Lightbulb Part 2

NJ Cube - Part Two

The strategy I employed for placement of the twelve tribes within the NJ cube originates from Ezekiel 48:31-34. In Ezekiel, these twelve tribes are divided into four groups, each of three members. They are grouped according to the four compass points, and are enounced in a very specific order. This consecutive order, with the gematria values for each name bracketed, is as follows:
    (1) N: (a) Reuben (259), (b)Judah (30), (c)Levi (46).
    (2) E: (a)Joseph (156), (b)Benjamin (162), (c)Dan (54).
    (3) S: (a)Simeon (466), (b)Issachar (830), (c)Zebulun (101).
    (4) W: (a)Gad (7), (b)Asher (501), (c)Naphtali (570).

Before continuing, let us take a brief time-out to evaluate where we got the gematria values from, and the role of the number 37 in the very basics of the tribal values, above.
    The gematria values for the twelve tribes can be accessed at the page below:
    http://www.whatabeginning.com/Breast...e1/MS_App1.htm
    The role of the number 37 can be seen as a basic motivating principle of the tribal values through simple observation.
    First, we observe that the initial name, Reuben, has a value of 259 = 37 x 7.
    Second, we observe that the first names for each of the gate structures, identified as (a) in each case, sum to 888 = 37 x 24.
    Last, we observe that all twelve names sum to 3182 = 37 x 86.
    We will return to these numbers later. Suffice to say that they offer further evidence for the conjecture that we might decode the numerical secrets of the NJ cube by application of the integer 37.

Resuming with the gate structures for the four compass points, I took the position of arranging each of them into triangle structures. This strategy suggested itself due to the fact that there are three names in each of the four gate structures. Thus, four triangles were created.
    Imagining four triangles, each with vertex points (x), (y) and (z), I plotted the names of the tribes by substituting all the (a) points for the (x) points, all the (b) points for the (y) points, and all the (c) points for the (z) points.
    Unfortunately, I have zero ability to represent this graphically, which is why I'm having to type instructions for orienting the gates. But if you've read carefully, it is a relatively simple matter to figure out. In the absence of a diagram, might I suggest getting a piece of paper, drawing four separate triangles, and then plotting the tribes at each vertex point accordingly, as per instructions, above.

We now have four triangles, with the twelve tribes at the twelve vertices. In the next installment, I will explain how these four triangles are integrated to give us the structure of our cube. If you go to post #1 of this thread, you might be able to work this out for yourself anyway.

Stephen

PS: In answer to post #2, I do not know if this numero-geometrical exercise with the NJ cube has any physical relationship to the actual NJ of the Bible. I doubt it very much. I would look at it more as a puzzle. You find an artefact, have little idea what it actually means, toy around with some ideas, find they work, these lead into other ideas, and finally you've found some meaning from the artefact. But this whole process of finding meaning from the artefact is not to be confused with the artefact itself. Perhaps the best part of that description I just gave is the 'toying around' part. That pretty much describes the entire process I use in relationship to the NJ cube. What I find from the NJ cube is merely a supplement to what the NJ is, and nothing more than that.

PSS: If you look down to post #7 of this thread, you will see some diagrams that Richard provided to help with the visualisation of this structure. All the reader need do now is swap the (a) and the (c) values around from this post, above, in order to map them on the four triangle structures. Thanks for the graphics, Richard!
    Last edited by Stephen; 08-01-2007 at 06:46 PM.

We now have four triangles, with the twelve tribes at the twelve vertices. In the next installment, I will explain how these four triangles are integrated to give us the structure of our cube. If you go to post #1 of this thread, you might be able to work this out for yourself anyway.

Work it out MYSELF! Yeah, right! Thank you - but I'll just wait on you!

Since you've been feedin' my cow ....

Hey Stephen,

Since you've been feeding my cow so well, I thought I'd pay you back with a little artistic gift for your presentation:

Four triangles with the vertices labeled a,b,c combined to from a cube.

RAM

• Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

The first diagram this perspective reminds me of 'windmill' blades and brings to mind the following Scripture.

Revelation (66) 7:1 (8) = 74 (LAMED/12)
    After these things I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, on the sea, or on any tree.

Graphics

Greetings to the Graphics Department!

Thank you so much for putting those graphics together at post #7. They are a great help for explicating the text at post #5. For any readers who might be interested in following this thread, I would recommend going back over posts #5 and #7 in order to work out the details of this structure, as they have thus far been presented.

Dear Graphics Department, might we of the Quarrying Section ask another favour of you? We were wondering if you might be able to do an update of the two graphics for us. It would be an immense help in reducing the text that would need to be written, as a picture surely paints a thousand words. Here are the slight amendments that we envisage:
    (1) In the first graphic, would it be possible to re-label the vertices? Instead of all triangles being labeled a, b, and c, would it be too much trouble to differentiate them by labeling them say: [a, b, i], [c, d, i], [e, f, i], and [g, h, i]?
    (2) From the changes in (1), above, could the second diagram then be amended to show the 8 external vertices re-labeled as a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h; and the four points in the centre re-labeled as i?
    These changes would facilitate a simple transfer of tribal values to their correct vertex points on the cube, and make it easier for the reader to follow (and for the writer to proceed!).

Thanks again for the graphics, Richard. They are pretty much exactly what is required to progress this thing.

From the rockface, your bro in Christ,

Stephen

NJ Cube

NJ Cube - Part Three

OK, I'm gonna try and progress this thing using the diagrams Richard provided the other day (see post #7 of this thread). Note that I am going to use the following abbreviations for the tribes from now on:

Reuben (R) - Simeon (S) - Levi (L)
    Judah (Ju) - Issachar (I) - Zebulun (Z)
    Gad (G) - Asher (A) - Dan (D)
    Naphtali (N) - Joseph (Jo) - Benjamin (B)

As concerns the four triangles, here is how they ought to be orientated, starting clockwise top left:

Upper left triangle (North)
    c = R = 259
    a = Ju = 30
    b = L = 46

Upper right triangle (West)
    c = G = 7
    a = A = 501
    b = N = 570

Lower right triangle (South)
    c = S = 466
    a = I = 830
    b = Z = 101

Lower left triangle (East)
    c = Jo = 156
    a = B = 162
    b = D = 54

Applying these details to Richard's cubic diagram, we have the following values for the four vertices marked a. Proceeding clockwise from top left, we have:

Ju (30) + A (501) + I (830) + B (162) = 1523

The values for the four vertices marked b, proceeding clockwise from top left, are:

L (46) + N (570) + Z (101) + D (54) = 771

The four central, or nuclear, values, marked c, are:

R (259) + G (7) + S (466) + Jo (156) = 888

The really interesting part of these three sums - 1523, 771, 888 - is that they are reflected in the MS breastplate. This can be viewed at the following link:

http://www.whatabeginning.com/Breast...Coracle2/P.htm

The relevant graphic is figure 2.1(b). There we see the four breastplate rows have sums of: 771, 961, 562, 888.
    Both 771 and 888 are found on the NJ cube and on the MS breastplate.
    Importantly, the two central rows of the MS breastplate sum as 961 + 562 = 1523. This is the same sum as that of the four central tribes named in the four gate structures enounced at Ezekiel 48:31-34, on which the NJ cube depends (see post #5 of this thread for confirmation). The notion of the centre being equal to 1523 is common to both the MS breastplate names, and the NJ cube names enunciated at Ezekiel 48:31-34.

A good way of visualising the point, above, would be to use the breastplate matrix as a template on which to overlay the tribes as enounced at Ezekiel 48:31-34. The first column would have the names R, G, S, Jo = 888. The second, and central, column would have the names Ju, A, I, B = 1523. The last column would have the names L, N, Z, D = 771. These could then be placed alongside the MS breastplate for comparison. The likenesses in sums are striking, and more than merely suggestive of a common designer.

I will give more on the NJ cube when I have more time to write. There's still a very, very long way to go. Next time, I will restrict the data to features relating to the centre, which sums to 888.

Stephen

PS: Richard, any possibility of an updated graphic to reflect the data above? Or a pair of breastplate grids to reflect the comparisons made above between the MS breastplate and the tribes as ordered at Ezekiel 48:31-34?
    Last edited by Stephen; 08-04-2007 at 06:42 PM. Reason: further clarity
    "And the watchman told, saying, 'The driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously'

Thread Information