Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    pocahontasthatsme Guest

The Meaning of the # 38

Hi all! I have been seeing the number 38, EVERY time I look up at the clock. For about the past 2 1/2 weeks. I have tried to look the meaning of the number up several times, but I am getting not results. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
    Pocahontas

Quote Originally Posted by pocahontasthatsme View Post
    Hi all! I have been seeing the number 38, EVERY time I look up at the clock. For about the past 2 1/2 weeks. I have tried to look the meaning of the number up several times, but I am getting not results. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
    Pocahontas
    Hi Pocahontasthats .. you!

Welcome to our forum!

In my studies of the Numbers in Scripture, I have found that the primary meaning of the Number 38 is wrapped up with the idea of God's Glory. it is the numerical value of the Hebrew word כבודו (kavodo) which means "His glory". This exact word first occurs in 1 Chronicles 16:24 which you can see it in the original Hebrew by clicking the hyperlink. Here is the English in context so you can get the full meaning:

1 Chronicles 16:23-27 Sing unto the LORD, all the earth; shew forth from day to day his salvation. 24 Declare his glory among the heathen; his marvellous works among all nations. 25 For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised: he also is to be feared above all gods. 26 For all the gods of the people are idols: but the LORD made the heavens.
    I talk about it in the Number 38 article in the Gematria Reference.

I have a lot more information, but numbers are like words - without a context I can't tell you much about what they mean.

Hope that helped!

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by pocahontasthatsme View Post
    Pocahontas
    Hi Pocahontas,

I will try to explain something about the number 38. As you probably know Vernon Jenkins showed us that the number Pi can be calculated with Gen.1:1, five digits correct (3.141554) The first seven digits of Pi correct are 3.141592 When we place these Pi numbers parrallel with the seven words of Gen.1:1, thats to say one digit per word, then we see the Pi Gen.1:1 is correct until the heaven. For word 6 and 7 we have the 'incorect' digits 5 and 4. The difference between Pi Gen.1:1 and Pi correct is 3.141554-3.141592=0.00038. Or when we ignore the zero's word 6 and 7, 'and* the earth' need another 38 to become perfect. Ill try to add an image. I don't know if this works; this is my first post. Maybe it works as an attachment.
    In my webpage, http://members.home.nl/frankcolijn/f...d_the_time.htm I showed how the activity of God with time (a year) (86x365,2422=3141168) gives four digits of Pi correct. The activity of God with these four correct digits of Pi lead to the creation number: 86x3141=270126 Please read my webpage how and why the 26 is added. The point is that I want to make clear is is that a multiplication can be an expression of an activity. So the activity of God with 38 can be expressed as 86x38=3268, a digit anagram of 2368, Jesus Christ. I think 38 is a genetic compression of 888. That's what the earth need to become perfect. It is something like the genetic compression of 777 (the sum of the three nouns of Gen.1:1: 86+395+269=777) into 37. Even before Creation God knew that the world wouldn't be perfect, so he gave us a solution to become perfect. And in this way he made His Creation perfect. The Creation number 2701 can be expressed as the triangle of 73. The center of gravity is 1201, counted from the top of that triangle. The imperfect world expressed by word 6 and 7, has the number value 407+296=703, which is the triangle of 37. The center of gravity of this triangle is 313. The distance between those two centers is 1201-313=888, the number of Jesus. He connects the imperfect world with Gods perfect Creation Plan. I'll add an other image. I think they show as thumbnails under this text. I hope this gives some light on the number 38.

Frank.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What a marvelous work. I'm afraid it bypasses my brainpower - but I enjoyed the read.

pocahontasthatsme_1 Guest

Thanks Richard and Frank

Richard,
    Thanks for your welcome! and your reply. I am still unsure of how I should interpret seeing the number 38. I feel like there is a very strong reason why I am seeing it, and that I NEED to find out what it means. I don't think it a conincidence that I repeatly see this number, like this morning, I awoke to look directly at the clock and it was 38 past the hour. I have a firm belief in God, but after a tragic accident in my family I kinda blamed God for what happand and strayed a ways. So, I really feel like this number is signficant and there is a reason why I am seeing it. Any more ideas?

Thanks Frank!
    i think I kinda get it. The one thing that caught my attention was the number 888, you said thats the number of Jesus. My birthday is August 8th 1984.! Thanks!
    hope to hear from ya!
    pocahontas

להג =38 study or learning

among countless others

So on a whim something wants you to learn perhaps? Only a guess

I reference Bill Heidricks site often too as he has quite a few words that I haven't inputed yet. Scroll down to "38"

http://www.billheidrick.com/works/hgm1.htm

Seoul, Korea (originally from Auckland, New Zealand)

Hi Poca!

Looking through the answers at this thread, it becomes kinda clear that 38 seems very much to be one of those 'nothing' numbers. I mean, just compare it to the two preceding numbers, 37 and 36. These two numbers are loaded with mathematical and numerical significance. But poor old 38 seems to be a really boring number by comparison.

I'm sorry to say that I've got nothing useful to offer you with this number, except to confirm that it is relatively insignificant. You will have to find your own significance for this number, as I doubt any of our methods to provide any meaning for you will be of any use. The number is just insignificant ... though I would love to see someone produce something to radically alter my opinion on this.

Might I also gently suggest that you concentrate less on numbers being significant for you personally, like with your birthday and all that. That road can lead to numerology, a superstition that we should all avoid being trapped in.

Stephen
    "And the watchman told, saying, 'The driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously'

Thirty eight

There are only two places in Scripture that use 38 in this single context:

Deuteronomy 2:14 And the space in which we came from Kadeshbarnea [holy], until we were come over the brook Zered [osier brook/wet habitat], was thirty and eight years; until all the generation of the men of war wasted out from among the host, as the LORD sware unto them.

John 5:1[7x7] After this there was a feast of the Jews, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 2 Now there is in Jerusalem by the Sheep Gate a pool, which is called in Hebrew, Bethesda ["house of mercy" or "flowing water"], having five porches. 3 In these lay a great multitude of sick people, blind, lame, paralyzed, waiting for the moving of the water. 4 For an angel went down at a certain time into the pool and stirred up the water; then whoever stepped in first, after the stirring of the water, was made well of whatever disease he had. Now a certain man was there who had an infirmity thirty-eight years. 6 When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he already had been in that condition a long time, He said to him, "Do you want to be made well?"
    7The sick man answered Him, "Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up; but while I am coming, another steps down before me."8 Jesus said to him, "Rise, take up your bed and walk." 9 And immediately the man was made well, took up his bed, and walked.
    And that day was the Sabbath

38 as Hebrew letters Lamed Chet [pronounced lach or
    lay'-akh] form a word meaning green, fresh, new also natural force, vigor, freshness - this latter meaning expressed only once in:

Deuteronomy 34:7 And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated.

Lamed 30 Chet 8 speaks to the 'heart life' - Lamed: learn, be taught, heart Chet: Life

Out of the abundance of the heart - the mouth speaks. Death and life are in the power of the tongue - and they that love it shall eat its fruit. Believe on the Word of God.
    Last edited by shalag; 08-05-2007 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Addition
    Jeremiah 20:9 " But His word was in my heart like a burning fire Shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, And I could not.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

... But poor old 38 seems to be a really boring number by comparison.

... The number is just insignificant ... though I would love to see someone produce something to radically alter my opinion on this.

Stephen
    Hey there Stephen,

I hope I will be able to "radically alter" your opinion on this number.

Not every number can have "first place" in the structural patterns of Scripture, and so some numbers must be more prominent than others. But that does not mean that the others are "just insignificant." Indeed, every number has its own great significance in God's design of the Bible.

My understanding of the Number 38 began years ago when I noticed two geometric forms based upon it also had correlated meanings:

Triangular form:
    T(38) = (38 x 39)/2 = 741 = τα παθηματα (Ta Pathemata, The Sufferings)

Square form:
    38 x 38 = 1444 = τα τραυματα (Ta Tramata, The Wounds)

For folks who don't know, Triangular Numbers are the sum from 1 to n, and they form triangles, as explained here: Numerical Geometry.

Now look at this verse that speaks of "the sufferings" of Christ:

1Pe 1:11 Searching what or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
    It is these wounds and the sufferings of Christ that we remember when we break the bread that represents His broken body:

o αρτος (Ho Artos, The Bread) = 741 = The Sufferings

Joh 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
    Scripture connects the sufferings of Christ with His Glory = 38 (kavodo), as explained in my first post in this thread. We have the identities:

The Sufferings = 741 = Sum from 1 to 38 (His Glory).

The Wounds = 1444 = Square(His Glory)

The largest factor of 38 is 19, and 19 signifies the flesh as discussed at length in my article on Spoke 19 of the Inner Wheel of Revelation. Of utmost significance is the value of the word "flesh" itself:

σαρξ (Sarx, Flesh) = 361 = 19 x 19 = Square form of 19.

Thus we have another identity:

The Wounds = 1444 = 38 x 38 = 4 x Flesh

Note that the Wounds, the Sufferings, and the Bread are all centered on the idea of the Flesh of Christ. He is "the Word that became flesh ...."

Years after finding these identities, I discovered the Bible Wheel, and noticed that Book 38 is the Book of Zechariah. Then I found this prophecy:

Zechariah 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
    The first word of the words highlighted bold is:

והביטו (and they shall look) = 38

Recall that Zechariah is on Spoke 16, and so corresponds to the Eye - the organ of vision. And upon what shall they look? We turn to John 19 which quotes Zechariah 12:10 for an answer:

John 19:36-38 36 For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken. 37 And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced. 38 ¶ And after this Joseph of Arimathaea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews, besought Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus: and Pilate gave him leave. He came therefore, and took the body of Jesus.
    The exact words written in verse 38 are:

το σωμα του ιησου (The Body of Jesus) = 2869 = 19 x 151

This coincides EXACTLY with the sum of the highlighted words from Zechariah 12:10, and we have the following identity:

The Body of Jesus = 2869 = and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

I believe this is perhaps the greatest alphanumeric confirmation of any prophecy to be found in the Bible. it is discussed in the article on John 19. The coherence spans multiple levels of the text, from gematria, word distributions, structure of the Wheel and the explicit meaning of the verses that are connected to each other in the context of the text. The perfection is overwhelming to behold. And this is, of course, the slightest outline of the glory revealed in this complex that began with the Number 38. Unfortunately, the limits of space and time prohibit any one from proclaiming the thousandth part of the glory of God's Word.

RAM

PS: Related article: http://www.biblewheel.com/Wheel/Spokes/quph_place.asp
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Seoul, Korea (originally from Auckland, New Zealand)

OK Richard and shalag, you have both contributed to enriching my understanding of what the number 38 might signify. Judging from the last two posts, it appears to relate to infirmity and physical tribulation of some kind. I like the numero-geometrical references. The surface text is also very revealing. Thank you for your input.

Stephen
    "And the watchman told, saying, 'The driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously'

Thread Information