Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

Thread: Seven Days

Unregistered Guest

Seven Days

I read part of another thread on this forum that addressed a question I have had for years.
    Why does the creation account in Gen 1. NOT say and the "evening and the morning" were the seventh day?

The other thread said that day 6 and 7 were actually one long day, because chapter 1 and 2 were connected by the name of God, and the long day was completed by Christ in the cross??

That does not make sense to me. The teachings I have read regarding the Sabbath speak of the 7th day as being an "island in time," implying that it is not connected to the 6 days AT ALL.

Is there a mystical start to the 7th day? Is it really seperated or is it one long day merged with the 6th?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I read part of another thread on this forum that addressed a question I have had for years.
    Why does the creation account in Gen 1. NOT say and the "evening and the morning" were the seventh day?

The other thread said that day 6 and 7 were actually one long day, because chapter 1 and 2 were connected by the name of God, and the long day was completed by Christ in the cross??

That does not make sense to me. The teachings I have read regarding the Sabbath speak of the 7th day as being an "island in time," implying that it is not connected to the 6 days AT ALL.

Is there a mystical start to the 7th day? Is it really seperated or is it one long day merged with the 6th?
    Gen.1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
    At the end of the 6th day when God was done creating, He said everything He made was very good (meaning all of the 6 days) the only time He uses very good.

The 7 days of creation follows the Menorah pattern, with 3 paired units (= 6) and the 7th set apart. The 7th day of creation stands alone, unique in many ways qualifying it as the central pillar of the Menorah.

1) It is the only day that God blessed and sanctified.

2) It is the only day God did no creative work.

3) It is the only day that does not have a defined end because nothing was finished on that day, or begun the next day.

Hope that helps

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Not from this world...from the other side
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes, I do think there is something behind the 7th day of creation. Why was there no "And there was evening and there was morning - the seventh day" in the 7th day? It's like saying there was no more "evening and morning" after the 6th day:

Genesis 1: 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
    2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning葉he first day.

6 And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." 7 So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning葉he second day.

9 And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning葉he third day.

14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. 16 God made two great lights葉he greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning葉he fourth day.

20 And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky." 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth." 23 And there was evening, and there was morning葉he fifth day.

24 And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, [b] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

27 So God created man in his own image,
    in the image of God he created him;
    male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground容verything that has the breath of life in it悠 give every green plant for food." And it was so.

31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning葉he sixth day.

Genesis 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.

2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested [c] from all his work. 3 And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done

God in fact did done something on the 7th day before he rested - He blessed the 7th day and make it holy. This makes the 7th day another day of creation although He did not do any creative work. It is therefore not merged with the sixth day of creation. God therefore created the heavens and the earth in 7 days.

The reason why there was no sentence of "And there was evening and there was morning - the seventh day" is because it was a special day in which blessed peace and holiness prevails as God rested.

Taking a day to be a thousand years, then the 7th day is 7,000 years after the beginning of creation; a thousand years of blessed peace and holiness. Is this thousand years of blessed peace and holiness is the mellenium as mentioned in Revelation 20? in which Satan will be locked up and therefore temporary unable to deceive people?. Satan will be released again and the people tested after the 1,000 years are over :

1And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.
    4I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

7When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth宥og and Magog葉o gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

To answer the question of "Why was there no "And there was evening and there was morning - the seventh day" in the 7th day?" is because on the 7th day i.e. in the mellenium, there is no evil but holiness. This is unlike the 1st to the 6th day of creation in which "there was evening and there was morning" meaning there was evil and there was good (if evening which is darkness is interpreted as evil and morning which is daylight is interpreted as good) during the first 6,000 years of creation.

For more details of the 1st to the 7th creation days, please see my thread:
    http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1371

Many Blessings and Merry Christmas to all.

What day is it?

Hello wee
    It's only me.
    I found myself a bit hesitant to address this subject again , but feel restrained to try to iron out the wrinkles once again Let us begin with the folly of seeking to define the exact start and finish of the day.God could have expressed the measurements in milliseconds which would be meaningless. He could have said it in hours and minutes but without mechanical aids it would be unworkable. He could have said sunrise to sunrise ,but that varies slightly. What is indicated is one whole day. To name that day as a universal day of rest is folly. In our imagination we will start the week from the beginning with sunday .The seventh day we call saturday. Everything goes smoothly until Joshua's time when the sun stands still for a day. They keep fighting all that saturday and rest on sunday ever after , but call it saturday When you come to the baring straits , the international date line passes through. On one side it is Saturdy ,on the other it is Sunday and it is the same day. Sailors at sea can't drop everything and let the ship drift for a day . Never could. It is possible for every man on earth to rest on one day in seven but not necessarily the same day The day of rest is for the benefit of the individual. It is above all else ,practical.
    Alec

Not from this world...from the other side
    Hello alec,

I know it's none other but you, my friend.

You have proposed an interesting question How did God define a 24 hour day? Looking at the following verses, we may have the answer:

Genesis 1:3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning葉he first day.

The verses above seem to say that daylight was called "day" and darkness of the night was called "night". And there was PM and there was AM - the first 24 hours day. It seems to suggest that a 24 hour day starts from daylight to night time and includes a PM and an AM.

BTW, the international dateline is a human invention and it makes dating of dates easier complicated only by whether you move from west to east from the international dateline to lose one day or move from east to west of the international dateline to gain one day. But in God's concept based on the above verse of Genesis 1: 3, a date is any place on earth in which there is daylight followed by nighttime and includes a PM and an AM (24 hours period). I wonder how that apply to regions at the poles in which there is 6 months of daylight and 6 months of darkness per year.......profound, profound, profound.

Another thing to note, in Genesis 1, it seems to me that God worked non-stop for 6 days of creation and rested for one day (24 hours). A feat no human could achieved. 6 days of non-stop work with 1 day of rest is equals to a total of 144 work hours per week with 1 day off.

I agree with you that a day of rest per week is necessary for man to function productively and that "It is possible for every man on earth to rest on one day in seven but not necessarily the same day"....ummm....unless the earth stops rotating.

Many Blessings and Merry Christmas.

Thread Information