Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Doomsday 1950s Style

This article is from the April 1950 edition of Popular Mechanics. Read it carefully. Just change the dates and you will see the daily headlines produced by the modern Global Warming Doomsday Cult. The article may be viewed online here.

• Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Don't forget that since there are cycles of earth's warming and cooling there has been change in doomsday prophecies. 'Global cooling' seems to once be the big one in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Don't forget that since there are cycles of earth's warming and cooling there has been change in doomsday prophecies. 'Global cooling' seems to once be the big one in the past.

Excellent pics!

I looked at the original article here:

http://veja.abril.com.br/blog/reinal...eu-apocalipse/

It would be nice to have the dates of those Time's covers.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Excellent pics!

I looked at the original article here:

http://veja.abril.com.br/blog/reinal...eu-apocalipse/

It would be nice to have the dates of those Time's covers.
    I found the dates: "The Big Freeze" is the January 31st 1977 edition. "Be worried. Be very worried." is from April 3rd 2006. The first is from 1945.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I found the dates: "The Big Freeze" is the January 31st 1977 edition. "Be worried. Be very worried." is from April 3rd 2006. The first is from 1945.
    Excellent! Thanks.

Here's a video from Ed Driscoll. It displays four doomsday predictions from the past, spanning 1895 to 1952:

"Prospects of another glacial period"
    New York Times Feb. 24, 1895

"America is in the longest warming spell since 1776"
    AP/New York Times March 27, 1933

"Weather men have no doubt that the world at least for the time being is growing warmer"
    Time Magazine Jan. 2, 1939

"Reported global warming studies citing the 'trump card" as melting glaciers ... all the great ice sheets slated to be in retreat"
    New York Times, 1952

These old dogs never seem to learn new tricks. The "retreating glaciers" is still their favorite "trump card" (as if glaciers have not advanced and retreated throughout all history).

It's great to watch the AGW Cult collapse. I've been waiting for it for years.

Check out my blog site

Thread Information