Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The New Jerusalem Cube

Revelations - the last book of the Bible - contains the striking picture of the New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven. The New Jerusalem is depicted as a cube of side 12000 - having a volume of 12000 x 12000 x 12000 and having 12 gates.

"Then I saw a new Heaven and a new Earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was nolonger any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away'

He who was seated on the throne said, 'I am making everything new!' Then he said, 'Write this down for these words are trustworthy and true.'

He said to me: 'It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End......

And he carried me away in the spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. It shone with the glory of God, and it's brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. It had a great high wall with 12 gates, and with 12 angels at the gates. On the gates were written the names of the 12 tribes of Israel. There were three gates on the East, three on the north, three on the south and three on the west. The wall of the city had 12 foundations, and on them were the names of the 12 Apostles of the Lamb.

The angel who talked with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city, its gates and its walls. The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12000 stadia in length, and as wide and high as it is long. He measured it's wall and it wasw 144 cubits thick, by man's measurement, which the angel was using. "
    "

What is quite remarkable is that the beginning of the Bible also contains a cube. In fact the very first verse of the Bible consists of 7 words made up of 28 letters. When the gematrical value of these letters is multiplied we obtain 288 cubed.

288 cubed = 288 x 288 x 288

Also the letters of the First, Middle and Last words multiply to give 12 x 12 x 12

And the letters of the remaining words multiply to give 24 x 24 x 24

Two other cubes occur in Genesis 1v1 -

The letters of the first 5 words multiply to 48 x 48 x 48
    The letters of the last 2 words multiply to 6 x 6 x 6

So all together we have 4 inner cubes -

Cube A: 6 x 6 x 6
    Cube B: 12 x 12 x 12
    Cube C: 24 x 24 x 24
    Cube D: 48 x 48 x 48

all within the entire cube of 288 x 288 x 288

God said "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End" - and this strange cube appears in the beginning and at the end..

In both cases the cube is a multiple of 12 cubed, and in both cases the Bible speaks of the creation of a new Heavens and new Earth.

All this is quite a coincidence - the beginning reflects the end. But what is the meaning of this pattern? What is this mysterious cube that seems associated with the creation of the world?

See http://www.craigdemo.co.uk/newjerusalem.htm

Hi Craig,

I've been thinking about the probability of finding cubes of 12 if we multiply the values of a random sequence of Hebrew letters and have found that it is not very unlikely. This is because the factors of all the letters are powers of 2, 3, and 5 except for only two letters Zayin = 7 and Ayin = 70. Thus, any verse that does not contain these two letters will be a multiple of 12.

And what is the probability that it will be a multiple of 12 cubed? That's pretty easy. The exponent of the numbers 2 and 3 must be 6 and 3, respectively. Thus, there is a 1/6 x 1/3 = 1/18 = .05 = a five percent chance that any random sequence of Hebrew letters not containing Zayin or Ayin will be a cube of 12.

Five percent is kinda smallish but it's not enough to really impress me or prove that the pattern of cubes is by design. It could be, but I'd need to study it more. I feel it is extremely important that we make every effort to discern between chance and design.

Thanks for sharing! I love this kind of analysis.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Chance or design

So we have 4 cubes within this verse which utilize all the letters of the verse with none left over. Each of these cubes is a multiple of 6 cubed and each differs from the next higher by 8 cubed. The regular spacing between the cubes + the fact that they utilize all the letters with none remaining and no overlap suggests that the odds may be smaller than 0.05

Craig

Also the cubes do not cut across word boundaries, and
    the groups of words encompassed by each cube are significant. The first, middle and last are symmetrical in their placement as are the second and third and fifth and sixth

The first five words that form a cube correspond to the 1998 block in Gen 1v1and the last two words correspond to the 703 block in Gen 1v1.

This, again should reduce probability to below 0.05

Quote Originally Posted by Craig.Paardekooper View Post
    So we have 4 cubes within this verse which utilize all the letters of the verse with none left over. Each of these cubes is a multiple of 6 cubed and each differs from the next higher by 8 cubed. The regular spacing between the cubes + the fact that they utilize all the letters with none remaining and no overlap suggests that the odds may be smaller than 0.05

Craig
    Excellent point! That's why I said I needed to study it more. Given that we have three cubes within the cube (four in all) that use all the letters, we can be pretty sure that the probability is less than (.05)^4 = 0.00000625 which is 0.000625% - a very small number!
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Hi Richard, thankyou for your notes on the probability of this pattern occurring. I am a bit rusty in that area, and I really appreciate your input.
    Last edited by Craig.Paardekooper; 07-12-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Also, each cube differs from it's neighbour by 2 x 2 x 2 or 2 cubed.

I am curious to know if I have discovered all possible cubes within this verse that do not cross word boundaries (ie do not use part of a word, but only whole words)

If this is so, then we have 4 independent cubes which as you say gives a probability of 0.05 ^ 4

The requirement that each cube be part of a mathematical sequence such that

Cube A x 2 x 2 x 2 = Cube B
    Cube B x 2 x 2 x 2 = Cube C
    Cube C x 2 x 2 x 2 = Cube D

may also reduce the probability

Genesis 1v1 = 288 x 288 x 288

288 = 2 x 3 x 6 x 8

So Genesis 1 v 1 = (2 x 3 x 6 x 8) cubed

The cube (Trinity) of Christ

Richard,

I suspect that Revelations 21 contains a parallel pattern to Genesis 1v1 since both passages talk about the creation of a heaven and earth + both contain the cube of 12.

Do you know how I can do my own Hebrew gematria so I can investigate this. Is there a recommended software program that I should use?

If not, do you know of anyone who has already analysed the Gematria of this passage?

Regards
    Craig

My mistake - it woulod be Greek Gematria for Revelations

Thread Information