Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural [branches], be graffed into their own olive tree?

Since we've been talking about the natural olive tree on other threads, this verse came to mind.

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural [branches], be graffed into their own olive tree?

Since we've been talking about the natural olive tree on other threads, this verse came to mind. Rose
    Judges 9:8 "The trees once went forth to anoint a king over them. And they said to the olivetree, 'Reign over us!' Judges 9:9 But the olivetree said to them, 'Should I cease giving my oil, With which they honor God and men, And go to sway over trees?'

Jeremiah 20:9 " But His word was in my heart like a burning fire Shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, And I could not.

Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    Judges 9:8 "The trees once went forth to anoint a king over them. And they said to the olivetree, 'Reign over us!' Judges 9:9 But the olivetree said to them, 'Should I cease giving my oil, With which they honor God and men, And go to sway over trees?'
    1Tim 1:17
    Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, [be] honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    1Tim 1:17
    Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, [be] honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen. Rose
    Romans 2:
    5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
    who "will render to each one according to his deeds":
    7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;
    8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness--indignation and wrath,
    tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek;
    but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
    For there is no partiality with God.

Notice even though there is 'no partiality' - he makes a distinction between the 'Jew and the Greek'
    Jeremiah 20:9 " But His word was in my heart like a burning fire Shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, And I could not.

Romans 2:7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance (hipomone) in doing (ergos) good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;

1Th 1:3 Remembering without ceasing your work (ergos) of faith, and labour of love, and patience (hipomone) of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    1Th 1:3 Remembering without ceasing your work (ergos) of faith, and labour of love, and patience (hipomone) of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father.
    Hebrews 6:10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Heb 6:10 - Gal 6:10 - 610

Hebrews 6:10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour (ergon) of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister
    Gal 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do (ergazomai) good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

The sixth chapter of Hebrews is cognate with the sixth chapter of Galatians. We should lovingly work to help and to do good to our brothers (6 = work). This is our freewill offering both to God and to them (10 = the tithe, the offering). Therefore, we have 6:10.

Gematria strenghtens the above:

The Sixth = 610 = Tithe

Labourers (ergatas) = 610 = Working (katergazomeno)

Victor
    Last edited by Victor; 09-28-2007 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Formatting

Gal 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do (ergazomai) good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

The sixth chapter of Hebrews is cognate with the sixth chapter of Galatians. We should lovingly work to help and to do good to our brothers (6 = work). This is our freewill offering both to God and to them (10 = the tithe, the offering). Therefore, we have 6:10.

Gematria strenghtens the above:

The Sixth = 610 = Tithe

Labourers (ergatas) = 610 = Working (katergazomeno)

Victor
    Very interesting link you found there Victor! The same theme of labour (work = 6) is also found in John 6:

John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
    But that verse doesn't link to yours by the rules of the game, so I'll submit to you this one:

1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

RAM
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
    Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.

Last edited by Victor; 10-17-2007 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Formatting

Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Now there's some comfort for the soul!

Richard

Check out my blog site

Thread Information