Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

The Verse Chain Game

The game of Verse Chains is an edifying form of entertainment. The first person picks a verse, and comments on it if they like (you don't have to comment, but its a good part of the game).

The next person then picks a verse that has a word or phrase in common with the first verse. I will start by playing the first three rounds.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

I chose that verse because it is the first verse of the Bible, and if you believe it, you have the key to the proper understanding of all creation. I also picked it because I like where it leads in the game of Verse Chains:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

This verse actually has two links - the phrase "In the beginning" and the word "God". This an example of the more advanced version of Verse Chains that requires two, three, or four common words. If you play that game, you should note it in the title like this "Verse Chain with 2 words" or 3, or 4, as you like. I will end my turn with one of my favorite verses (I'm a "Word of God" kinda guy):

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

RAM

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

RAM
    Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
    Isaiah 59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.

Isaiah 59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.
    Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of rigthteousness.

Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness.
    Psalm 111:8 They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.

What stand forever? What are done in truth? The Works of God's Hands! (previous verse, 111:7)

Psalm 111:8 They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.

What stand forever? What are done in truth? The Works of God's Hands! (previous verse, 111:7)
    Isaiah 26:7 The way of the just is uprightness; O Most Upright, You weigh the path of the just.

[QUOTE=RAM;19]The game of Verse Chains is an edifying form of entertainment. The first person picks a verse, and comments on it if they like (you don't have to comment, but its a good part of the game).

The next person then picks a verse that has a word or phrase in common with the first verse. I will start by playing the first three rounds.

/QUOTE]

Hebrews 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
    Hebrews 1:11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

Hebrews 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Covenant or physical creation???

Quote Originally Posted by TruthSeeker1959 View Post
    The game of Verse Chains is an edifying form of entertainment. The first person picks a verse, and comments on it if they like (you don't have to comment, but its a good part of the game).

Hebrews 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
    Hebrews 1:11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

Hebrews 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Covenant or physical creation???
    I think that is an excellent insight! It should probably be it's own thread.

Now following your lead, I will find a verse that speaks of the creation of heaven and earth:
    Isaiah 51:16 And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou art my people.
    And then this links to another verse in Isaiah which connects the creation of God's Covenant People with the creation of heaven and earth:
    Isaiah 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. 18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
    Note the parallelism:
    Behold I create new heavens and a new earth
    Behold I create Jerusalem and her people
    Now that's some pretty simple math!
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Gen.1:2-5 And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good:and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God....4-5) In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.....9) That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
    Parallels between physical creation and spiritual?
    Spirit of God gives light - divides light from darkness - light is called first day

The Word of God gives light - makes a distinction between light and darkness - lights every man that comes into the world
    Rose
    Last edited by Rose; 02-02-2010 at 09:01 AM.
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Gen.1:2-5 And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good:and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God....4-5) In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.....9) That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
    Parallels between physical creation and spiritual?
    Spirit of God gives light - divides light from darkness - light is called first day

The Word of God gives light - makes a distinction between light and darkness - lights every man that comes into the world
    Rose
    Exactly right Rose! We are way too "physical" oriented in our understanding of Scriptures. Why must God tell us that he created the "physical" creation? It is rather obvious, isn't it? And if Genesis one is a physical creation account, it is a rather poor one. What about all the other planets and solar systems, etc.? Instead, it just speaks of heaven and earth, very covenantal-type terms!

Thread Information