Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the ten horns

the ten horns

Could this be the last days ten horned (ten persons based in ten world regions) kingdom of Daniel 2, 7, Revelation 12, 13 and 17?

This is something that might be worth watching closely as it develops.
    http://en.unpacampaign.org/news/354.php
    11 March 2009

New research programme on global democracy established
    A global research programme facilitated and coordinated through a convening group of ten persons based in ten world regions was established last year with core funding from the Ford Foundation. The programme's new website was now launched. The BGD Programme brings together academic researchers, civil society activists, entrepreneurs, journalists and officials to "explore how ‘rule by and for the people’ can be understood and practiced in relation to global issues". One of the programme's lead questions is how affected people can participate in and control the governance of global concerns. BGD's administrative office is located in the Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation at the University of Warwick in the United Kingdom. In November 2008 findings of the programme's pilot project on Civil Society and Accountable Global Governance were presented at the United Nations in New York (in the picture, taken by Durlabh S. Maharishi).

The programme is organised around five main projects which address (1) Conceptualising Global Democracy, (2) Citizen Learning for Global Democracy, (3) Including the Excluded in Global Policymaking, (4) Structural Redistribution for Global Democracy and (5) Intercultural Constructions of Global Democracy. "In the course of its research, the programme is also likely to touch upon the creation of a global parliamentary assembly," said the programme's convener for Western Europe, Jan Aart Scholte with University of Warwick. The inaugural meeting of the convening group was held in April 2008. To learn more about the programme and the presentations at the UN, visit programme’s website www.buildingglobaldemocracy.org.

www.buildingglobaldemocracy.org

Not from this world...from the other side

WEU

Good thought gilgal, and certainly worth watching closely as it develops. But the 10 horns to me seems to be the Western European Union because it comprises of 10 European countries. These 10 European countries are also members of the 27 (?10 horns + 7 heads + 10 crowns of the Beast that rise out of the sea of Revelation 12) countries of EU (EU flag consists of 12 stars arranged in a crown). Its flag consists of 10 stars arranged in such a way that it looks like a U-shaped horn. Who knows one day the WEU which is a Western European defence group will also adopt other
    projects as well.

http://www.nato.int/docu/handbook/2001/hb1504.htm

"The Western European Union has existed since 1954 and today includes 10 European countries Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom. It has a Council and Secretariat formerly located in London and based in Brussels since January 1993, and a Parliamentary Assembly in Paris. The WEU has its origins in the Brussels Treaty of Economic, Social and Cultural Collaboration and Collective Self-Defence of 1948, signed by Belgium, France, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom".

For a reference of the EU flag:

"The European Union (EU) is an economic and political union of 27 member states, located primarily in Europe".

Many Blessings to you.
    Last edited by CWH; 07-11-2009 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheow Wee Hock View Post
    Good thought gilgal, and certainly worth watching closely as it develops. But the 10 horns to me seems to be the Western European Union because it comprises of 10 European countries. These 10 European countries are also members of the 27 (?10 horns + 7 heads + 10 crowns of the Beast that rise out of the sea of Revelation 12) countries of EU (EU flag consists of 12 stars arranged in a crown). Its flag consists of 10 stars arranged in such a way that it looks like a U-shaped horn. Who knows one day the WEU which is a Western European defence group will also adopt other
    projects as well.

http://www.nato.int/docu/handbook/2001/hb1504.htm

"The Western European Union has existed since 1954 and today includes 10 European countries Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom. It has a Council and Secretariat formerly located in London and based in Brussels since January 1993, and a Parliamentary Assembly in Paris. The WEU has its origins in the Brussels Treaty of Economic, Social and Cultural Collaboration and Collective Self-Defence of 1948, signed by Belgium, France, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom".

For a reference of the EU flag:

"The European Union (EU) is an economic and political union of 27 member states, located primarily in Europe".

Many Blessings to you.
    It's the first time I see the flag above. So the Western EU are the 1st group of 10?

NATO and WEU

Hi gigal,

The 10 horns are the 10 leaders of the 10 nations that formed the WEU. They are not the 10 successive leaders of the WEU.

Things are getting exciting, there are debates about the NATO joining the WEU. If this is successful, that will mean that the US, Canada, Albania, Croatia, Iceland, Norway, Turkey will join WEU as a defence bloc. It will be the world's most powerful defence bloc....."Who can fight against the Beast?". NATO consists of 28 nations including all the countries of the WEU and many countries of the EU. NATO joining WEU will be then be the Beast that rise up fro the sea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO

Many Blessings to you.

Eureka!

Hi gilgal,

I figure it is easier to find the identity of the 1st Beast i.e. the Beast in Revelation 13 that rise out from the sea with 10 horns, 7 heads and 10 crowns rather than just focussing on the 10 horns. This is because the clues are more. I have almost solve the issue and I will be coming out with the interpretations soon after I have organize it. Horns on animals are used for defence and attack, Horns in ancient times were used in joyous celebrations. But let's find out what horn means in the bible:

Attack and defence
    Deuteronomy 33:17
In majesty he is like a firstborn bull; his horns are the horns of a wild ox. With them he will gore the nations, even those at the ends of the earth. Such are the ten thousands of Ephraim; such are the thousands of Manasseh."

Protector
    2 Samuel 22:3
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savioró from violent men you save me.

Joyous celebration
    Chronicles 15:14
They took an oath to the LORD with loud acclamation, with shouting and with trumpets and horns.

Kingdoms
    Daniel 8:8
The goat became very great, but at the height of his power his large horn was broken off, and in its place four prominent horns grew up toward the four winds of heaven.

King/Kings
    Daniel 8:21
The shaggy goat is the king of Greece, and the large horn between his eyes is the first king.

Revelation 17:12
"The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast.

Lord
    Luke 1:69
He has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David.

Horn therefore means a king or kingdom or lord that attacks, defends and protects and celebrates in victory. The 10 horns of the Beast mean the 10 kings/kingdoms that help the Beast in attacks, defence and protection. They will celebrate together with the Beast in victory and in whatever joyous events.

Wait for my next post....you may shout eureka!

Many Blessings.

Thanks for the info. Yes I find that horn would mean whatever is associated to the horn like offense/defense, victory being used as a trumpet...

The identity of the Beast

Hi gilgal,

That's probably what you have been waiting for. Hope you can grasp the hypothetical concepts.

Let's look at Revelation 13 : 1:
    And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. 2The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion.

We know from Daniel 7 : 17 that beast means kingdom and not an individual person:
    "17 'The four great beasts are four kingdoms that will rise from the earth."

We also know that the lion and bear represent the Persian and Mesopotamian empires and the leopard represents Greece or Roman Empire. What it is saying is that the empire of the Beast is as great in splendor as those empires and probably extends to all these regions.

I believe the identity of the Beast lies in the magic No. 10, 7, 10 (10 horns, 7 heads, 10 crowns) of the Beast of Revelation 13. I used this method to identify the huge red dragon of Revelation 9 as the Arab League in one of my post. Using the magical numbers and modern scenarios and presuming the identity of the Beast as the European Union (EU) and a hypothetical merger of EU and NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) which I call EUNATO, this is the result that I got (the data are obtained from the internet):

1) If the Beast is EU ( Note: WEU is Western European Union is a defence pact of Western European nations and is a independent entity from the EU):

EU WEU Monarchy Founders Monarchy+ Founders
    1. Austria
    2. Belgium Belgium Begium Belgium Belgium
    3. Bulgaria
    4. Cyprus
    5.Czech
    6. Denmark Denmark Denmark
    7. Estonia
    8. Finland
    9. France France France France
    10, Germa Germany Germany Germany
    11. Greece Greece
    12. Hungary
    13. Ireland
    14. Italy Italy Italy Italy
    15. Latvia
    16. Lithuania
    17. Luxembourg Luxembourg Luxembourg Luxembourg Luxembourg
    18. Malta
    19. Netherlands Netherlands Netherlands Netherlands Netherlands
    20. Poland
    21. Portugal Portugal
    22.Romania
    23. Slovakia
    24. Slovenia
    25. Spain Spain Spain Spain
    26. Sweden Sweden Sweden
    27. UK UK UK UK
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    Total = 10 WEU 7 Monarchies 6 Founders 10 Monarchies+Founders
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

2) If the Beast is EUNATO (Note* 21 EU nations are also NATO members: 7 are Non-EU but NATO members) :

NATO WEU Monarchy Non-EU+NATO members EU+NATO founders
    1 Austria
    2. Belgium Begium Belgium Belgium
    3. Bulgaria
    4. Cyprus
    5. Czech
    6. Denmark Denmark Denmark
    7. Estonia
    8. Finland
    9. France France France
    10, Germa Germany Germany
    11. Greece Greece
    12. Hungary
    13. Ireland
    14. Italy Italy
    15. Latvia
    16. Lithuania
    17. Luxembourg Luxembourg Luxembourg Luxembourg
    18. Malta
    19. Netherland Netherlands Netherlands Netherlands
    20. Poland
    21. Portugal Portugal
    22. Romania
    23. Slovakia
    24. Slovenia
    25. Spain Spain Spain
    26. Sweden Sweden
    27. UK UK UK
    28. Albania Albania
    29. Canada Canada Canada
    30. Croatia Craotia
    31. Iceland Iceland
    32. Norway Norway Norway
    33. Turkey Turkey
    34. USA USA USA? as EUNATO founder?
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    Total = 10 WEU 9 Monarchies 7 Non-EU but NATO members 7 founders of EUNATO
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    Note* Another European monarchy nation may join in EUNATO thereby forming 10 monarchies.

It's quite amazing that the magical numbers of the BEAST i.e. 10, 7, 10 seem to fit well with the above 2 hypotheses. We will need to wait and see how future events unfold to ascertain if one of the hypothetical revelations turn out to be true. There is a possibility that NATO will join with EU. Such a merger will make this what I call "EUNATO" bloc the greatest economic, technological and military superpower the world have ever seen. "Who can fight against the Beast?"........
    Note that the Beast's 10 horns stand for the 10 supporting nations and the 10 crowns stand for 10 monarchy nations and 7 heads stand for he 7 founder member nations or 7 head of states of the Beast.

The next event is even more remarkable when the huge red dragon (Arab League) "gave his authority to the Beast" as recorded in Revelation 13, meaning it will merge (probably peaceful or coerced) with EU or "EUNATO" to become an even more powerful bloc which will then control the world's supply of oil.

Sorry, Below is the data in table format:

God Blessings to all.

Last edited by CWH; 07-14-2009 at 09:31 PM.

Hi Gilgal,

Sorry for the glitch

Just look at the numbers, it seems to fit the Beast with the 10 horns, 10 crowns and 7 heads. Only time will tell.... BTW the Beast is not an individual person is a bloc or a large nation.

God Blessed

What puzzles me is that looking at Revelation 12 and 13 we find crowns on either the heads or the horns.

Now the heads may be the military might (?). And the heads?

Switzerland is interesting being specialized in banking.

Someone was about to write a fictional book on EU being founded by Nazi members. He did a research on the net and found it to be true.

Revelation 12
    3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

Revelation 13
    1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Revelation 17
    3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
    Notice that the ten horns are crowned in Revelation 13 but not in 12 nor 17. However in 17 it says that the ten horns "received no kingdom as yet".
    Last edited by gilgal; 07-14-2009 at 11:42 PM.

Dragon and Beast

Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    What puzzles me is that looking at Revelation 12 and 13 we find crowns on either the heads or the horns.

Now the heads may be the military might (?). And the heads?

Switzerland is interesting being specialized in banking.

Someone was about to write a fictional book on EU being founded by Nazi members. He did a research on the net and found it to be true.

Notice that the ten horns are crowned in Revelation 13 but not in 12 nor 17. However in 17 it says that the ten horns "received no kingdom as yet".
    Hi gilgal,

You are very observant and I understand where you are coming from. We must first understand that the huge red dragon (Revelation 12) and the Beast that rise out from the sea (Revelation 13)are two different entities. Since Revelation 17 mentions the beast instead of the dragon, I would presume that the seven heads with 10 crowns refer to the Beast of Revelation 13 that rise out from the sea and not the huge red dragon.

Let's call the Beast as the regime. Now, horns as I already said mean nations that protect or defend the Beast or the dragon. As such, they must be militarily strong. The heads probably refer to the founder members or leader nations of the regime. The crown refers to monarchy embers or heads of state of the regime. The huge red dragon of Revelation 12 is identified by me to refer to the Arab League. Therefore, the Arab League comprises of 7 strong nations, 10 monarchies and 7 leader nations. The numbers do not mean the sum total number of nations that comprise of the Arab League. And here is the breakdown of the Arab League (AL):

1) The 10 strong nations (horns) that supports AL are Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Morocco. Algeria. Libya, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Sudan, Yemen.
    2) The 7 founder members (heads) of AL are Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Transjordan (Jordan from 1946), and Yemen.
    3) The 7 monarchies (crowns) of AL are: Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Morocco, Oman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militar...he_Arab_League

On the other hand, the Beast that rise out of the sea is identified by me to be that of EU. It comprises of :
    1) the 10 crowns (founders or monarchies) of the Beast are Belgium, France Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Denmark, Spain, Sweden, UK.
    2) the 10 horns (strong nations) of the Beast are the WEU which are, Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, UK.
    3) the 7 heads (head of states or leaders or founders) of the Beast are Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands,

The Beast that rise out of the sea may also refers to EU-NATO merger which I call EUNATO. It comprises of :
    1) the 10 crowns (founders or monarchies) of the Beast are Belgium, France Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Denmark, Spain, Sweden, UK. Norway, Canada, + 1 more European monarchy ? Vatican City, Monaco?
    2) the 10 horns (strong nations) of the Beast are USA, Canada, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, UK.
    3) the 7 heads (head of states or leaders or founders) of the Beast are Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, + ?USA.

What Revelation 17 said about the ten horns "received no kingdom as yet" probably means that these 10 non-monarchy strong nations of EU or EUNATO have not yet been turned into monarchies or absolute dictatorships yet during the time of the Antichrist. We need to watch for world events as they unfold before we could ascertain further interpretations.

You may refer to the following websites for reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_League

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europea...#Member_states

http://www.aneki.com/monarchies.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_European_Union

God Blessings to you.
    Last edited by CWH; 07-15-2009 at 08:43 AM.

Thread Information